Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,186 members, 7,825,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

How To Get Married On A 20k Salary! - Romance (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Get Married On A 20k Salary! (39803 Views)

I Am Getting Married On 18th April 2020. Kogi Here We Come / Identical Twin Sisters Get Married On Same Day To Men From Same State / 2 Sisters Get Married On The Same Day To Honor Their Mother (Wedding Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Get Married On A 20k Salary! by yinks0067: 6:25pm On Aug 21, 2017
askseunoladele:
HOW TO GET MARRIED ON A 20K SALARY!

If age is no longer on your side, you have found the woman you want to marry but your salary is the barrier between you and your marital promised land, you earn 20k or a little more per month, your sexual urge is getting uncontrollable, you are over 30 and your fiancee wouldn't mind settling down with you, here is the practical way to survive on a 20k salary!

1. Pay your tithe 10%

2. Save 10%

3. Get a room apartment where you will not be paying more than 2k per month.

4. With neighbours, your NEPA bill should not be more than #500:00.

5. Feeding for both you and wife not more than 10k. Always buy your foodstuff in bulk every month, you will save lots of money.

6. Keep 10% for emergencies, that is 2k.

7. The remaining #1,500 will be shared between you and your wife as pocket money. You 1k, wife, #500.

Now listen: you can only do this on the conditions given below:

1. Your wife will get a job to assist you financially so that both of you will put money together to start a business, look for a higher paying job or run your vision that will yield profits, enlarge you and move to a higher level of comfort and wealth. Discuss this thoroughly in courtship and ensures she agrees. That is what courtship is about: to discuss your future and see if you can walk together (Amos 3:3).

2. No baby for the first 2 years while you both work harder and get something better or extra doing to cater for the baby. Discuss this thoroughly. Visit a family planning clinic and get an advise on which family planning method will work for you. Withdrawal sometimes fail and calculating the ovulation period is not completely reliable but if she is very diligent, can consistently monitor her ovulation, you may take the risk but combining with CD is better (I'm talking to mature adults here).

3. There will be pressure from your family especially your mother for her to get pregnant. Stand up for her, shield her, be a man and let your mum know that for personal reasons, it's your decision for her to delay pregnancy. Marriage is for mature men and women, not for boys and girls. You should be responsible and have the final say in your marriage. Your decisions are between you and your wife, whatever anyone else says is secondary! Protect her from your family, stand up for her!

4. Pray diligently and consistently for God to enlarge you.

5. Map out practical plans for you to achieve your dreams.

6. Have the faith that can move mountains! The Bishop Oyedepo and Fela Durotoye's type of faith: These men had almost nothing when they started but their wives were working and assisted them till they broke through.

You can make it before you get married. You don't have to get married on a salary of 20k. The Lord can surprise you with a better job, profitable business or great contracts before you marry, if not yet then don't wait till you are in your 50s before you settle down.

"Two are better than one..." is what the Holy Book says. With your wife's full support and strong faith in you, you will break through the ceiling of limitation and emerge into your glorious destiny. FEEL FREE TO SHARE. God bless you, cheers!
© Seun Oladele, 2017.
www.askseunoladele..com

u are sick

2 Likes

Re: How To Get Married On A 20k Salary! by RaeMystix: 6:37pm On Aug 21, 2017
AnthonioAlsaid:
RaeMystix

I don't wanna spoil it for you but since you asked

bran is the beginning and end of GoT

explains a lot of things and makes it more interesting

there's also a possibility that he is also the lord of light

let's just sit down and enjoy..... but the suspense is killing me

Don't want to read this. I read the summary of the leaked curgentwepisode, and almost had an heart attack , because I kind of knew what to expect. I don't want to lose my mind before season 8.

1 Like

Re: How To Get Married On A 20k Salary! by Nobody: 6:39pm On Aug 21, 2017
RaeMystix:

Don't want to read this. I read the summary of the leaked curgentwepisode, and almost had an heart attack , because I kind of knew what to expect. I don't want to lose my mind before season 8.

hahaha I understand

are you sure you can hold on

season 8 is possibly 2019

1 Like

Re: How To Get Married On A 20k Salary! by Nobody: 6:42pm On Aug 21, 2017
No educated youth would wanna marry on such budget... Who knows how much a carton of pampers is being sold now sef, unless they'll use napkins instead... Jeez

1 Like

Re: How To Get Married On A 20k Salary! by Nobody: 6:42pm On Aug 21, 2017
yinks0067:

u are sick
Why?
Re: How To Get Married On A 20k Salary! by RaeMystix: 6:43pm On Aug 21, 2017
AnthonioAlsaid:

hahaha I understand

are you sure you can hold on

season 8 is possibly 2019

I have learned my lesson from this experience. I would rather watch it at the same time it airs, just like everyone else. I mean, I can't describe how fast my heart was beating... I can't

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Get Married On A 20k Salary! by Nobody: 6:47pm On Aug 21, 2017
doctimonyeka:
Nice concept but I will pass... That na poverty mentality...

Marrying with 20k salary is as good as punishing your wife and the kids to come no matter how economical you can be..

Ewedu soup go bi like erosion without fish but with plenty akpu for plate. Kwashioko tinz
Re: How To Get Married On A 20k Salary! by Habeyy(m): 6:52pm On Aug 21, 2017
Biodun1929:

Shuttup uglyy girl. You talk too much. Because some nairaland kids have been sending you pm and giving you attention, you are feeling like a queen. It is obvious you have low self esteem and you come here to talk down on people so you can feel good about your shitty life.
grin name sake how far na
Leave the girl
aloneNa attention seeker she be
Her matter no be from here

1 Like

Re: How To Get Married On A 20k Salary! by doctimonyeka(m): 7:32pm On Aug 21, 2017
correctguy0900:

Ewedu soup go bi like erosion without fish but with plenty akpu for plate. Kwashioko tinz
lol.. You are not serious..

1 Like

Re: How To Get Married On A 20k Salary! by mikolo80: 8:11pm On Aug 21, 2017
Alariwo2:
20K? Don't even try it.

You'll eat, you'll feed wife and kids, buy pad and pampers every week abi na month. Buy cloths and other accessories.
Transport nko?
House rent nko? abi na 'face me I slap you' you wan stay?

No just try am
must you buy pampers or designer cloth. Abeg Mowu hia word
Re: How To Get Married On A 20k Salary! by bold44: 8:24pm On Aug 21, 2017
In as much as i dnt believe this in practical i do wonder hw very low income earners survive.
Married wit kids. Vulcanizers, local capenters n petty wielders. Its well o

1 Like

Re: How To Get Married On A 20k Salary! by Nwanna2588: 8:24pm On Aug 21, 2017
Just to let you know that I like what you said here. The two are not fungible at all.
dangotesmummy:
times have changed.20k in the late 80s or early 90s isn't the same again. The challenges of youths in the late 80s and early 90s isn't the same again.house rent in the late 80s and early 90s isn't the same.we live in more perilous, dangerous and unpredictable times now

Stop comparing when you were 19 then and now
Re: How To Get Married On A 20k Salary! by AreaFada2: 9:18pm On Aug 21, 2017
dangotesmummy:
area fada excuse me please

There's a poor family I met in my church. A family with 8 children and the wife is a full time housewife relying on the father for everything. The man is a bike man and on a good favourable day he comes home with 2k or 2,500

I talked to him about family planning and tried dissuading him from having more kids, eventually all my talking yielded nothing. Recently his wife called me they have a son now,making 9 children all of them relying on 2k per day.

When I told him about the dangers inherent in having more kids before he had the 9th that he cannot take Care of ,his response was "it's God that takes care of children"

Many of them refuse to listen that's the problem and if you keep talking about it it will look as if you're prying into their business or private lives

When he told me that he had his 9th child and 2 of his kids were sent out of school and I should give him money, I hung up the phone on him and didn't say anything. Since then after church he refuses to greet me and even me no send him again. His wife though still greets me then a Sunday she stylishly said it in a play play manner that its you and my husband that are fighting abi are you quarrelling with me too and I replied her immediately that I'm not fighting with anybody o.I only came to church to worship God and I've achieved that.odabo.na so I walked out if her immediately
Good. That is reality. Hence I said not much any of us can do to impose our ideals on others. No matter how reasonable or well-meaning they are. People have different beliefs.

It is govt job to enlighten the citizens. Or give social welfare incentives in a stick & carrot manner to check population growth.

1 Like

Re: How To Get Married On A 20k Salary! by Biodun1929(m): 10:48pm On Aug 21, 2017
Habeyy:
grin name sake how far na
Leave the girl
aloneNa attention seeker she be
Her matter no be from here

lol! Okay.
Re: How To Get Married On A 20k Salary! by ImaIma1(f): 1:13am On Aug 22, 2017
mikolo80:
must you buy pampers or designer cloth. Abeg Mowu hia word

Even okrika is not 50naira. Can the 20k buy one designer attire? She must buy diapers or will the baby shit on the mother's hand?
OP is EVIL

1 Like

Re: How To Get Married On A 20k Salary! by Nobody: 6:44am On Aug 22, 2017
modsfucker:

The minimum wage is still 18k and a lot of people live on it.

This write up is absolutely stupid. Why would you marry on a 20k salary?
Re: How To Get Married On A 20k Salary! by Nobody: 6:56am On Aug 22, 2017
Abdogood:
Alot of you are here shouting proverty mentality. God forbid! It good we forbid situations like this. But in real life, like life here in naija. I know a place where family men are paid less dan 25k per month 7 working days a week but on shift. The truth of the matter is, men do alot of this to survive and to provide for them families.

Some of these men once had good jobs and when doing well until things turn a wrong turn.

All you can do is pray for your own break through. For the fact that things are going well for you does not give you the right to look down on others.

For me that is a nice piece from the op. It might work for some persons.

I know also know someone who earn 130k but always in debt.

Person wey get head no get cap, person wey get cap no get head. We wey get both head and cap, thank God and pray for other. Chikena!

I kinda get your point. But for the op to tell people who earns 20K to go and marry is just unrealistic.
Re: How To Get Married On A 20k Salary! by Nobody: 7:07am On Aug 22, 2017
bold44:
In as much as i dnt believe this in practical i do wonder hw very low income earners survive.
Married wit kids. Vulcanizers, local capenters n petty wielders. Its well o

I don't know about others you mentioned but I know welders earn more than bankers. Those dude are rich.
Re: How To Get Married On A 20k Salary! by Nobody: 7:22am On Aug 22, 2017
dayowunmi:

God bless you. The op only gave a perspective on how those with low income can get married and ppl are castigating him. What is the ratio of people earning steady 20k sef? All those people criticizing him are only doing so because they have rich parents.

Nothing like rich parents, I surely don't have one. Even if it is a perspective, someone might decide to try it. Getting married while you are earning 20k is pure evil and God will judge you. You are going to bring innocent babies into the world to suffer them.
Re: How To Get Married On A 20k Salary! by modsfucker: 7:51am On Aug 22, 2017
Arondizuogu:

This write up is absolutely stupid. Why would you marry on a 20k salary?

Why won't you?
Re: How To Get Married On A 20k Salary! by efvee: 7:52am On Aug 22, 2017
dangotesmummy:
bros cut the crap.that is veryyyy veryyyy unrealistic

Broke ass men are the horniest.because they don't have money they rely on only sex to still prove they're men and in the course of sex the wife will most definetly take in unexpectedly except if she's on birth control pills and even that birth control pills are not reliable. How about if she forgets to take it?

There are so many circumstances that will come up.bros no try am o you're toying with poverty and even if your wife is working to support you there's a limit to her endurance. The day one man flash change for her eye,off she goes with your children and if you resist she will remind you you're poor and broke and can't take care of her needs,she's tired of struggling

Now let's go to food.who told you 10k is enough to feed you for a month? who deceived you? When making life changing plans you need to be realistic about it

A big basket size of tomatoes is 13k.the tomato and pepper that will cater for a couple for like a week or 2 is 5k.I've not added meat or fish.moreover 1 big Titus fish is 500 naira and by the time you cut it there are just 5pieces

Meat is more expensive. If you want to buy cow meat the minimum you can see is 300 naira and with begging sef and that 300 Will be tinko of 5 pieces. Groundnut oil to Cook the soup nko. The ragolis bottle medium size is 500 naira. The bigger bottle is 1500 naira. Food in Nigeria is one of the most expensive commodities

1derica cup of beans is 300 naira so Mr man op if you don't plan to wallow in poverty and disrespect stay off marriage till you earn AT LEAST 100K for starters.marriage shouldn't be your priority now,establishing yourself should be.wives of broke men despise their husband's and if she has some kind of friends they'll be the one that Will arrange a sugar daddy for her

Forget the and co they wear outside and deceive people that they're happy even though they're poor, inside their house is anger,hunger and animosity

see ehn... there are still women out there who would survive with you with that monthly amount. The secret is getting the one you can provide for. As for me 100k is too small... considering how I was brought up and where I am now, I can't settle for anything less than 1M #justmythoughts

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Get Married On A 20k Salary! by efvee: 8:05am On Aug 22, 2017
Bagehot:

If a girl was reasonably comfortable prior to marriage, you would rather she joins you in suffering? BTW, I have no idea why a man earning 20k is still paying tithe.

I swear! i don't know why some guys think it's ok to be selfish. If she was brought up in good living standards and you cannot provide what she's been accustomed to, then respect yourself and go for your match. Really some men scare me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Get Married On A 20k Salary! by efvee: 8:11am On Aug 22, 2017
dangotesmummy:
no woman in this generation especially when She's well educated and well traveled is ready to compromise.. Once something isn't in their own pace time or convenience off they go

Like you don't know?

Don't even let me talk about pressure from see what Daniella wore to that party me too I want to wear it

Social media nko,TV and magazines nko?

It's obvious you understand the times. God bless you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Get Married On A 20k Salary! by crunchyg: 8:48am On Aug 22, 2017
Stellie:
hmmm comments above me tho...
Thumbs up op.. D bitter truth is most people who earn dis amount and even less, already hav a family... Som r even dying to hav dis almount of salary..
Hmm lyf isnt a bed of roses.. Somtyms we need to visit ghetto and see hard lyf... Hmm nice write up op.. To dat oga sayin nice piece of bullshit hmmm i cn only smh....
You are a simple definition of beauty and brain.
Re: How To Get Married On A 20k Salary! by Nobody: 9:31am On Aug 22, 2017
dantori:

LOL I want your pant
wetin u wan take d pant do? grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Get Married On A 20k Salary! by Nobody: 11:04am On Aug 22, 2017
Gbemishile1:

Why e no go cost?
Your size no dey market na
With that overpadded hips,ow ur size go dey
just say d hips dey thrill u

Re: How To Get Married On A 20k Salary! by Nobody: 11:21am On Aug 22, 2017
Stellie:
hmmm comments above me tho...
Thumbs up op.. D bitter truth is most people who earn dis amount and even less, already hav a family... Som r even dying to hav dis almount of salary..
Hmm lyf isnt a bed of roses.. Somtyms we need to visit ghetto and see hard lyf... Hmm nice write up op.. To dat oga sayin nice piece of bullshit hmmm i cn only smh....

I pray this day, that ur type of Lady with this kind of heart and reasoning FALL ON ME...AMEN!!!
Re: How To Get Married On A 20k Salary! by Nobody: 11:32am On Aug 22, 2017
lefulefu:

well if a guy wit low fund is not residing in a city like lagos then maybe he can manage dat 20k with a wife in tow but then family planning should be a must ooo.iyam sayin this cos u would see some low income earners having up to 15 to children and dem go dey blame buhari.everything comes with a plan.

I always revere you for ur sensible comments on this platform...

I was thinking, u were going to move in Lalas247 direction as the KING OF UKWU

Thank jehova,u closed ur senses from there(Ukwu) and stated wats practicable....

Nice1 Niggur!!!

1 Like

Re: How To Get Married On A 20k Salary! by dangotesmummy: 11:48am On Aug 22, 2017
efvee:

see ehn... there are still women out there who would survive with you with that monthly amount. The secret is getting the one you can provide for. As for me 100k is too small... considering how I was brought up and where I am now, I can't settle for anything less than 1M #justmythoughts
I meant 100k for starters or foundation for you to develop your life in case you're in a hurry to marry
Re: How To Get Married On A 20k Salary! by dayowunmi(m): 11:49am On Aug 22, 2017
Arondizuogu:

Nothing like rich parents, I surely don't have one. Even if it is a perspective, someone might decide to try it. Getting married while you are earning 20k is pure evil and God will judge you. You are going to bring innocent babies into the world to suffer them.
Relax, read the post again, the op advised that first of all the wife must also be doing some kind of work just to supplement what the man is bringing in and also the Two of them must suspend child bearing until they earn better wages! is it that u didn't read the post or you just ignore those salient points? The fact remains that close to 50% of Nigerians live below the poverty rate, even the educated ones are hardly gainfully employed, will they stay single for ever? if you ask me, I certainly don't see the evil in the advise of the op. Life is all about management and proper planning. Earning big wages will not matter if you don't plan, a secretary can be a landlord while his boss is still a tenant. Relax pls.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Get Married On A 20k Salary! by dangotesmummy: 12:01pm On Aug 22, 2017
AreaFada2:

Good. That is reality. Hence I said not much any of us can do to impose our ideals on others. No matter how reasonable or well-meaning they are. People have different beliefs.

It is govt job to enlighten the citizens. Or give social welfare incentives in a stick & carrot manner to check population growth.
education plays a big role but you know in Nigeria today education is only for the children of the rich and middle class.

Poor people refuse to listen hence they recycle or transfer their poverty and staunch belief system to their children

Social education or government cannot do the work because I was opportuned to go and greet my aunty who's a nurse at government hospital so she told me to wait at the reception so she could attend to some patients that she's coming

While waiting I was watching and observing a section of the hospital were they were government health workers were enlightening and encouraging illiterate women/mothers not to have children they cannot take care of and they should come for family planning and all that

After the whole meeting I heard a woman say in yoruba "is it government that will tell me take care or train my child" it's God that trains children bla bla bla so this thing is beyond government. Its a cultural thing that says my grandmother had 11 children, my mother had 15 children so I must have 18 children. Its a competition among illiterate women hence its only education that can illuminate their minds and break the strong hold of their poverty mentality and the recycling of poverty

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple Who Met At NYSC Camp. From Camp Boyfriend To Fiance / Lady Punishes Boyfriend; Orders Him To Write ‘I Won’t Cheat No More’ 224 Times / Help, I Release On Time When Having Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.