Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,311 members, 7,867,813 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 02:51 AM

CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 19/8/17 Deviate Not From God's Voice - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 19/8/17 Deviate Not From God's Voice (222 Views)

How To Hear God's Voice And See Visions / CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 22/8/17 Children :god's Called Axe / CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 9/8/17 God Can Do It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 19/8/17 Deviate Not From God's Voice by Nobody: 6:47am On Aug 19, 2017
*CAC LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL...*
*Date:* Saturday, August 19, 2017

*Topic:* DEVIATE NOT FROM GOD'S VOICE
*Read:* 1 Kings 13:1-30

*MEMORISE:* _I have hidden your Word in my heart that I might not sin against you_ *(Psalms 119:11)*

*EXPOSITION*
To deviate is to wander from the way or from an established rule. A lot of Christians today have wandered from the Way. God has given instructions for our living, in His Word (the Scriptures). He has also given His ministers to give the Word meaning to people. However, it is sad that it has hitherto been very difficult for majority to heed His instructions, and this has caused a lot of setbacks, regrets, agony and disasters to people, children of God, inclusive.

Right from the Garden of Eden, our forebears experienced rejection, sorrow, pain and regret, because they deviated from the instructions of God. We are paying dearly for it, till today.

The man of God from Judah was given specific instructions: You shall not eat bread, nor drink water, nor return by the same way you came *(1 Kings. 13:9-10)*. But, he deviated from the voice of God. The end of it was disastrous.

Flash back on the instructions that you have received from God in the past. If you have deviated, ask for mercy *(James 2:13)* and come back to God, the Repairer and Restorer of the broken and shattered life, but wait patiently on Him while He does the restoration *(Joel 2:25)*.

Remember: God is not to be blamed whenever a child of God deviates from His instructions, and faces the consequences.

*PRAYER POINTS*
*1.* Father, please forgive me in any area of my life where I have deviated from Your voice.
*2.* Lord, deliver me from the spirit of rebellion against Your Word.
*3.* Lord, grant Your church the discernment, whenever there is any decision to be made, most especially, as it affects God's people, programme and projects.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY:* Joshua 14-17

Remain Blessed!

(1) (Reply)

Pleasing God, Pleasing Others / CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 10/9/17 A Test Of true Faith / Pain (rohingya, Houston And Every Other People In The World �)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.