Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,095 members, 7,821,785 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

Power Situation In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Situation In Nigeria (1862 Views)

How Is The Light Situation In Your Area / Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? / What Is The Power Situation In Your Area (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Power Situation In Nigeria by tunde1200(m): 4:03pm On Feb 17, 2010
Can anybody say how this country will move forward in power generation, its so painful that most of us did not even know we are not among them in the world. so what can we do to get stable power in this country? or is this how we go remain in darkness.
Re: Power Situation In Nigeria by VALIDATOR: 4:22pm On Feb 17, 2010
^^^ I am trying very hard to understand why you chose to post this on the religion section. Please fill me in.
Re: Power Situation In Nigeria by manmustwac(m): 6:57pm On Feb 17, 2010
moved to politics section
Re: Power Situation In Nigeria by Recardo(m): 7:01pm On Feb 17, 2010
My God, the Power situation is really bad. I had to stay two weeks in an Hotel in Anambra and for 7 days straight they used generators. Then i was in lagos some few days back and it was like they were cut off from the grid. It is worse down south.
Re: Power Situation In Nigeria by VALIDATOR: 10:19am On Feb 18, 2010
Now, we know the power situation is bad. Let's brainstorm.
What do you think can be done about it?
Re: Power Situation In Nigeria by otokx(m): 10:47am On Feb 18, 2010
Its been very horrible in the last 3 weeks; what we need do is to decentralize and let power stations supply those in their locality first before giving any leftovers to other areas and that is if there is any.
Re: Power Situation In Nigeria by vigasimple(m): 12:42pm On Feb 18, 2010
The argument for centralised power system I still don't understand.

We have 36 states in Nigeria, and 780 or so local government. why not build power generting station in each of the state or local government and make it self funding business projects like the Telecoms., excess by any state or local government can then be sold on to the national grid.

I believe every state can find some matrials to generate electricity in their own state. There is sun everywhere, so solar power, in the south gas turbines etc.

Go for renewable energy which is the future of energy.

Let no one deceive us that breaking the power company is impossible because that is what we have now, everybody having their own power generating system as in generators. the state or local govt will simply be one big power generating unit.
Re: Power Situation In Nigeria by VALIDATOR: 4:21pm On Feb 18, 2010
otokx:

what we need do is to decentralize and let power stations supply those in their locality first before giving any leftovers to other areas and that is if there is any.

vigasimple:

The argument for centralised power system I still don't understand.

We have 36 states in Nigeria, and 780 or so local government. why not build power generting station in each of the state or local government and make it self funding business projects like the Telecoms., excess by any state or local government can then be sold on to the national grid.

I believe every state can find some matrials to generate electricity in their own state. There is sun everywhere, so solar power, in the south gas turbines etc.

Go for renewable energy which is the future of energy.

Let no one deceive us that breaking the power company is impossible because that is what we have now, everybody having their own power generating system as in generators. the state or local govt will simply be one big power generating unit.

Very good talk guys. I also believe that electricity supply should be managed at the state level.we should have state grid instead of the so called national grid. There is nothing that the federal govt. will supply that will ever be enough.They are just too far from the end users.

(1) (Reply)

Who Will Call David Mark Senate To Order? / Saving The Life Of Ojukwu At Our Detriment? / Jonathan Goodluck & Fashola,Soldier are back by law to drive on Brt Lane!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.