Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,157 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:55 AM

The Lord Of The Rings Characters, Their Look After 17years(Photos) - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Lord Of The Rings Characters, Their Look After 17years(Photos) (69599 Views)

Lord Of The Rings - Agii And Jonny (episode 3) / Have You Seen The Big Brother Naija Housemates And Their Look Alike? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Lord Of The Rings Characters, Their Look After 17years(Photos) by Aragon: 5:29pm On Aug 23, 2017
Explorers:
Sir Ian Mckellen, Gandalf.

Started his career in 1961 in theatre.

He’s been a famous theatre actor for decades and played in plays like ‘Macbeth’ and ‘Othello’.

In 90’s McKellen started his filming career and in 20’s he’s already been in 2 big projects as Magneto in ‘X-Men’ and Gandalf.

Gandolf was a true professional in every sense of the word
Re: The Lord Of The Rings Characters, Their Look After 17years(Photos) by Isaactroy(m): 5:29pm On Aug 23, 2017
Nice one, am looking faward to see merlin's characters and their recent looks too

1 Like

Re: The Lord Of The Rings Characters, Their Look After 17years(Photos) by Ashley86400: 5:31pm On Aug 23, 2017
Greatzeus:
Frodo,samwise and Pippin where supposed to be teenagers in early 2000s,so I expect them to be in their thirties now,but samwise and Pippin have grey hair already, confused undecided

You probably haven't read the book. Their characters are men.

The book divided the inhabitants of middle earth as Elves, Dwarves, Orcs, Men and Hobbits.
Bilbo, Frodo, Samwise, Merry and Peregrin (Pippin) are hobbits.

Hobbits look like men but they are very short. Shorter then Men but taller than Dwarves.

Note that Sam calls Frodo "Mr Frodo". They even all smoke. They weren't that young.

So the movie makers got characters between their early twenties and late twenties. Elijah Wood (Frodo) was the only one in his late teens.

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Re: The Lord Of The Rings Characters, Their Look After 17years(Photos) by Aragon: 5:33pm On Aug 23, 2017
Explorers:
Liv Tyler, Arwen

Liv Tyler starred in Bernardo Bertolucci's ‘Stealing Beauty’ (1996), ‘Armageddon’ (1998) with co-stars Bruce Willis and Ben Affleck.

Liv Tyler was my biggest Crush on the Movie... my Heart Melts just watching her and to hear her speak with that Deep Voice Awwwww!! The Daughter of the Rock Star and Music Legend Steve Tyler the Lead singer of Aerosmith.
Re: The Lord Of The Rings Characters, Their Look After 17years(Photos) by Ashley86400: 5:33pm On Aug 23, 2017
emeijeh:
Explorers, where is Hugo Weaving?

Our Ibadan-born white brother. grin

2 Likes

Re: The Lord Of The Rings Characters, Their Look After 17years(Photos) by Aragon: 5:35pm On Aug 23, 2017
Explorers:
Orlando Bloom, Legolas(The best archer ever).

His most notable work after 'Lord of the Rings' is ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ trilogy.

Legolas (Olando Bloom) also played lead on the movie "Kingdom of Heaven" He made LOTR a great movie to watch
Re: The Lord Of The Rings Characters, Their Look After 17years(Photos) by Aragon: 5:36pm On Aug 23, 2017
Explorers:
Andy Serkis, Gollum

The biggest CGI-actor alive, is known for an amount of outstandingly done movies, such as ‘The Lord of The Rings’, ‘King Kong’ (2005), ‘Planet of the Apes’ reboot series (2011), ‘The adventures of Tintin (2011),’‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ (2015).

He became such a big professional in CGI, that he even opened his own studio, ‘Imaginarium’, in London.

Andy Serkis’s upcoming roles include: ‘War for the Planet of the Apes’ (2017), ‘Star Wars:

Nothing like Andy, his wispy Voice as Gollum was wow! "Give it to us......cos it's our birthday mi love" grin
Re: The Lord Of The Rings Characters, Their Look After 17years(Photos) by Aragon: 5:38pm On Aug 23, 2017
Explorers:
Viggo Mortensen, Aragon

Yes oh! The man of the show! ..... That's where I got my onscreen name from, need I say more? grin
Re: The Lord Of The Rings Characters, Their Look After 17years(Photos) by girlhaley(f): 5:39pm On Aug 23, 2017
Gollum is called smeagol.. Lolz

Frodo, Sam, pippin and merry are so short... Lol

Sam helped Frodo in a big way especially when the useless smeagol lie against him with bread

The movie is one of the best

2 Likes

Re: The Lord Of The Rings Characters, Their Look After 17years(Photos) by Aragon: 5:40pm On Aug 23, 2017
Explorers:
Cate Blanchett.

She played in ‘The Talented Mr. Ripley’ (1999), ‘Coffee and Cigarettes’ (2003), ‘The Aviator’ (2004), ‘Elizabeth: The Golden Age’ (2007), ‘Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull’ (2008), ‘The Monuments Men’ (2014).

Extremely beautiful and Talented! Happy to see her on the Hobbit and glad she is in the coming "Thor Ragnarok"cant wait!!
Re: The Lord Of The Rings Characters, Their Look After 17years(Photos) by Aragon: 5:42pm On Aug 23, 2017
Explorers:
Sean Bean, Boromir

Ned Stark, Game of Thrones.

Extremely talented actor, the only thing I dont like about Sean Bean is that they always Kill him sad See how they took him out on Game of Thrones
Re: The Lord Of The Rings Characters, Their Look After 17years(Photos) by Aragon: 5:43pm On Aug 23, 2017
Explorers:
Sir Christopher Lee, Saruman

The Legendary Sir Christopher Lee... siad he was very happy when he was casted in Lord of the Rings cos he has read the books so many times.. He used to play Dracula ... Rest in Peace sir

1 Like

Re: The Lord Of The Rings Characters, Their Look After 17years(Photos) by Aragon: 5:44pm On Aug 23, 2017
Explorers:
Sala Baker, Sauron

Sauron, the definition of pure Evil grin grin
Re: The Lord Of The Rings Characters, Their Look After 17years(Photos) by PierreDeFermat(m): 5:47pm On Aug 23, 2017
most of them have not changed. they look good though
Re: The Lord Of The Rings Characters, Their Look After 17years(Photos) by NoToPile: 5:49pm On Aug 23, 2017
Goldmaxx:
its 4, 3:55 and 4 hrs respectively

So I actually spent almost 12hours on one film lool.

Still one of the best movies I have seen. Its been a long time anyway, Wouldn't mind to rewatch it though.

1 Like

Re: The Lord Of The Rings Characters, Their Look After 17years(Photos) by Aragon: 5:49pm On Aug 23, 2017
Explorers:
John Rhys-Davies, Gimli

“Nobody tosses a Dwarf!”

In Peter Jackson’s filmseries, Rhys-Davies stars as Gimli, son of Glóin, and he also provided the voice of the Ent, Treebeard.

Rhy-Davies, that played the Dwarf Gimil is almost like a Giant in real life... Very Huge.

Peter Jackson is truly Awesome for bringing this Complex story to the Big screen..... There are many more stories of Tolkien and I pray they make it to the big screen someday, though Tolkien's Son and costodian of his Estate is very much against that, while his own Son is very much in support. The Theory now is, he is Old! And if he passes away and hands over the Estate to his Son, his son might allow more movies to be made from the many stories written by the Tolkiens... So it's many IF's grin
Re: The Lord Of The Rings Characters, Their Look After 17years(Photos) by BabaRamotu1988: 5:54pm On Aug 23, 2017
Explorers:

Sean Austin, Sam was born 1971

Elijah Wood, Frodo, 1981

Billy Boyd, Pippin, 1968

Dominic Monaghan, Merry, 1976

They're getting old.

Lalasticlala

where's Craig parker lord rahl he featured in the movie
Re: The Lord Of The Rings Characters, Their Look After 17years(Photos) by folafola(m): 5:57pm On Aug 23, 2017
God bless you, I am sharing this on Facebook right away
Re: The Lord Of The Rings Characters, Their Look After 17years(Photos) by BRAV0O(m): 5:58pm On Aug 23, 2017
All hail Explorer, nice one!
Re: The Lord Of The Rings Characters, Their Look After 17years(Photos) by BabaRamotu1988: 6:00pm On Aug 23, 2017
Craig parker lord rahl

abi na only me noticed am

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Lord Of The Rings Characters, Their Look After 17years(Photos) by GogetterMD(m): 6:17pm On Aug 23, 2017
Explorers:
Billy Boyd, Peregrin "Pippin"
Billy Boyd is now also a musician and sang the theme song to Hobbit 3, "the past goodbye"
Re: The Lord Of The Rings Characters, Their Look After 17years(Photos) by hegelian: 6:18pm On Aug 23, 2017
BabaRamotu1988:
Craig parker lord rahl

abi na only me noticed am
You are right bro... Lord rahl of the legend of the seeker

Sam was also in 24season 3 as a ctu director from division

1 Like

Re: The Lord Of The Rings Characters, Their Look After 17years(Photos) by jacyhelen(f): 6:20pm On Aug 23, 2017
Explorers:
"The world has changed, i feel it in the water, i feel it in the earth, i smell it in the air.

Much that once was is lost.

For none now live who remember it.

It began with the forging of the great rings.

Three were given to the elves, immortal, wisest and fairest of all beings.

Seven to the Dwarf Lords, great miners and craftsmen of the mountain halls.

And nine, nine rings were gifted to the race of men, who above all else desired power.

For within these rings was bound the strength and will to govern each race.

But they were all of them deceived, for another ring was made, in the land of Mordor, in the fires of Mount Doom, the dark Lord Sauron forged in secret.

A master ring, to control all others and into this ring, he poured his cruelty, his malice, and his will to dominate all life.

One ring to rule them all.

One by one the free lands of Middle-earth fell to the power of the ring.

But there were some who resisted.

A last alliance of men and elves marched against the armies of Mordor and on the slopes of Mount Doom, they fought for the freedom of Middle-earth.

Victory was near but the power of the ring could not be undone.

It was in this moment when all hope had faded that Isildur, son of the King, took up his father's sword.....

Sauron, the enemy of the free peoples of Middle-earth was defeated.

The ring passed to Isildur, who had this one chance to destroy Evil forever.

But the hearts of men are easily corrupted.

And the ring of power has a will of its own.

It betrayed Isildur to his death.

And some things that should not have been forgotten were lost.

History became legend, legend became myth and for two and a half thousand years, the ring passed out of all knowledge until, when chance came, it ensnared a new bearer.

The ring came to the creature Gollum who took it deep into the tunnels of the misty mountains and there it consumed him.

The ring brought to Gollum unnatural long life.

For five hundred years, it poisoned his mind.

And in the gloom of Gollum's cave, it waited.

Darkness crept back into the forests of the world.

Rumour grew of a shadow in the East, whispers of a nameless fear and the ring of power perceived its time had now come.

It abandoned Gollum.

But something happened that the ring did not intend.

It was picked up by the most unlikely creature imaginable: a Hobbit, Bilbo Baggins of the Shire.

For the times will soon come when Hobbits will shape the fortunes of all........" (Galadriel)

http://www.movietrip.me/blog/view/99

Lalasticlala, Mynd44

wow..thanks for this write up..i can watch this movie 100 times and never feel tired.
Re: The Lord Of The Rings Characters, Their Look After 17years(Photos) by GogetterMD(m): 6:20pm On Aug 23, 2017
Explorers:
Sala Baker, Sauron
Gosh! Dude has even got a scary face in the real world
Re: The Lord Of The Rings Characters, Their Look After 17years(Photos) by GogetterMD(m): 6:23pm On Aug 23, 2017
jacyhelen:

wow..thanks for this write up..i can watch this movie 100 times and never feel tired.
I don't miss watching the trilogy every year, along with Matrix trilogy and the Prestige
Re: The Lord Of The Rings Characters, Their Look After 17years(Photos) by frrank(m): 6:33pm On Aug 23, 2017
Explorers:
Sir Ian Mckellen, Gandalf.

Started his career in 1961 in theatre.

He’s been a famous theatre actor for decades and played in plays like ‘Macbeth’ and ‘Othello’.

In 90’s McKellen started his filming career and in 20’s he’s already been in 2 big projects as Magneto in ‘X-Men’ and Gandalf.

He stared in Gotham. The no. 2 Man of Gotham secret cult & the man that kidnapped Bruce Wayne Jnr
Re: The Lord Of The Rings Characters, Their Look After 17years(Photos) by ponti93(m): 6:48pm On Aug 23, 2017
i love the movie but i enjoyed the hobbit more, who has seen the hobbit trilogy

Re: The Lord Of The Rings Characters, Their Look After 17years(Photos) by Bahddo(m): 6:52pm On Aug 23, 2017
Awww... Memories. Definitely up there among my best movies of all time.

Seriously, it never occurred to me before now that the Gandalf actor also played Magneto. Chai. Smh for myself.
Re: The Lord Of The Rings Characters, Their Look After 17years(Photos) by vladoz(m): 6:56pm On Aug 23, 2017
Explorers:
Dominic Monaghan, Merry

Dominic Monaghan has also played in movies such as ‘X-Men Origins: Wolverine’ (2009) and TV series ‘Lost’ (2004-2010)
I think he's in the series 'JoyKills'
Re: The Lord Of The Rings Characters, Their Look After 17years(Photos) by zubydave(m): 7:02pm On Aug 23, 2017
Baba lord of the rings trilogy too make sense jor. I remember then 2003 when I watched those movies, each of them had 3 disk.
Re: The Lord Of The Rings Characters, Their Look After 17years(Photos) by moorevic(m): 7:05pm On Aug 23, 2017
OMG i so much enjoyed those movies.
Re: The Lord Of The Rings Characters, Their Look After 17years(Photos) by lelvin(m): 7:26pm On Aug 23, 2017
Bravo!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Hilarious Reactions Trail Gifty's Eviction From Big Brother Naija (Photos) / "Debbie-Rise's BBNaijaFinale Outfit & Sunlight Detergent Cover Lookalike" (Pics) / Phyna Is The Winner Of Big Brother Naija Season 7 'level Up' Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.