Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:35 AM

Passengers Sitting On The Floor On Kaduna-Abuja Train In Front Of Empty Seats - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Passengers Sitting On The Floor On Kaduna-Abuja Train In Front Of Empty Seats (52626 Views)

Close Kaduna-Abuja Train - Youths Protest In Kaduna (Photos) / Passengers Sitting On Top Of An Overcrowded Train In Agege, Lagos. / Inside The Kaduna-abuja Train Shared By A Twitter User (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Passengers Sitting On The Floor On Kaduna-Abuja Train In Front Of Empty Seats by Angelanest: 8:34am On Aug 19, 2017
Some passengers were spotted sitting on the floor and armrests during a train ride from Kaduna to Abuja. According to a journalist; Ifeanyi Charles Nwoko who shared this, the passengers were subjected to this because the train officials hoard the tickets to sell in the black market. Read what he shared below;

Kaduna to Abuja on train. People sitting on the floor and armrests but the first class is empty because officials hoard the ticket to sell in the black market. This is how we would destroy this infrastructure with our own hands then turn around and blame govt or say Jonathan didn't build it well. I hope the visit of the minister would have put and end to this nonsense.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/08/train-passengers-spotted-sitting-floor-front-empty-seats-see.html

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Passengers Sitting On The Floor On Kaduna-Abuja Train In Front Of Empty Seats by Angelanest: 8:36am On Aug 19, 2017

Re: Passengers Sitting On The Floor On Kaduna-Abuja Train In Front Of Empty Seats by Angelanest: 8:37am On Aug 19, 2017
cc; lalasticlala

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Passengers Sitting On The Floor On Kaduna-Abuja Train In Front Of Empty Seats by Okoroawusa: 8:45am On Aug 19, 2017
This is serious.
I hope d relevant authorities r seeing these pics.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passengers Sitting On The Floor On Kaduna-Abuja Train In Front Of Empty Seats by Chubhie: 8:57am On Aug 19, 2017
A country where everybody claims to be sharp-man.

149 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Passengers Sitting On The Floor On Kaduna-Abuja Train In Front Of Empty Seats by Mynd44: 8:58am On Aug 19, 2017
1. These seats are not first class seats of the Lagos-Kaduna trains. I have been in them so I know. The only time the first class seats are"headed" is when the the train leaves the Idu station in Abuja. Some seats are reserved for passe. Gers at Kubwa station. But this is not the first class coach

2. Those seats are not empty. You see them from the back and think so because the chairs are large and you can seat in them and be totally covered

3. The problem of people standing is due to corrupt officials who sell even after being out of tickets. I remeber during my trip, theu collected cash from some people.

4. Some managers were recently fired for doing 3 above.

5. More coaches are needed along with more trips; this is the only thing that can stop ticketers collecting money after the tickets have been sold out. If passengers know if they miss the 7am train, there is another at 11am and 4pm, they will be less inclined to pay to stand. Also if there are more coaches, there will be more seats for people

249 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Passengers Sitting On The Floor On Kaduna-Abuja Train In Front Of Empty Seats by Nobody: 9:03am On Aug 19, 2017
Not empty
Over crowded

17 Likes

Re: Passengers Sitting On The Floor On Kaduna-Abuja Train In Front Of Empty Seats by Baawaa(m): 9:05am On Aug 19, 2017
Mynd44:
1. These seats are not first class seats of the Lagos-Kaduna trains. I have been in them so I know. The only time the first class seats are"headed" is when the the train leaves the Idu station in Abuja. Some seats are reserved for passe. Gers at Kubwa station. But this is not the first class coach

2. Those seats are not empty. You see them from the back and think so because the chairs are large and you can seat in them and be totally covered

3. The problem of people standing is due to corrupt officials who sell even after being out of tickets. I remeber during my trip, theu collected cash from some people.

5. More coaches are needed along with nore trips; this is the only thing that can stop ticketers collecting money after the tickets have been sold out. If passengers know if the miss the 7am train, there is anouther at 11am and 4pm, they will bless inclined to pay to stand. Also if there are more coaches, there will be more seats for people
You are somehow right, when I checked the pictures again and again grin grin grin

120 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Passengers Sitting On The Floor On Kaduna-Abuja Train In Front Of Empty Seats by Mynd44: 9:08am On Aug 19, 2017
Baawaa:

You are somehow right, when I checked the pictures again and again grin grin grin

See people just like to write lies for attention

58 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Passengers Sitting On The Floor On Kaduna-Abuja Train In Front Of Empty Seats by Gossiplover: 9:13am On Aug 19, 2017
you may be right... but must that be the only scenario... you are not in a better position to explain what happened than the person who took the pictures. YOUR OWN EXPERIENCE MAY BE DIFFERENT FROM HIS.
Mynd44:

5. More coaches are needed along with nore trips; this is the only thing that can stop ticketers collecting money after the tickets have been sold out. If passengers know if the miss the 7am train, there is anouther at 11am and 4pm, they will bless inclined to pay to stand. Also if there are more coaches, there will be more seats for people

27 Likes

Re: Passengers Sitting On The Floor On Kaduna-Abuja Train In Front Of Empty Seats by Mynd44: 9:17am On Aug 19, 2017
Gossiplover:
you may be right... but must that be the only scenario... you are not in a better position to explain what happened than the person who took the pictures. YOUR OWN EXPERIENCE MAY BE DIFFERENT FROM HIS.

First question is

Who are they hoarding it for? Once the train keaves Kubwa, there isn't a loading station in Abuja of prominence so it is all sold by the time they leave kubwa.

And look at those seats again, do they look empty?

What the managers are guilty of is selling after they are out of tickets because that money is not accounted for and they share it amongst thenselves

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passengers Sitting On The Floor On Kaduna-Abuja Train In Front Of Empty Seats by nwaanambra1(m): 10:14am On Aug 19, 2017
Hausa girls can fine eh! cool

Just look at this elegant queen seating on the floor.

but the thing is - if u like your life don't go near hausa women - especially whn u r not one of those that knock head.

in fact even if u knock head and u r not hausa don't just take the risk - its not worth it especially when u find ur kidney or your heart has been dagger-ed bc of toto!

the sad thing is - their men keep enjoying our christian girls freely without fear of assault! angry

10 Likes

Re: Passengers Sitting On The Floor On Kaduna-Abuja Train In Front Of Empty Seats by Zeze06(m): 1:14pm On Aug 19, 2017
cry
Just like in lecture theaters.... Just keeping space in case someone you know walks in... embarassed

But in this case...waiting for the rich dudes so they can make more money... "Get rich by all means modafvckers" undecided

1 Like

Re: Passengers Sitting On The Floor On Kaduna-Abuja Train In Front Of Empty Seats by Nobody: 1:15pm On Aug 19, 2017
This one just weak me.
Re: Passengers Sitting On The Floor On Kaduna-Abuja Train In Front Of Empty Seats by Integrityfarms(m): 1:15pm On Aug 19, 2017
Can anything good come out of this SAINTLY Administration?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passengers Sitting On The Floor On Kaduna-Abuja Train In Front Of Empty Seats by medolab90(m): 1:15pm On Aug 19, 2017
Some people will still blame buhari for this

2 Likes

Re: Passengers Sitting On The Floor On Kaduna-Abuja Train In Front Of Empty Seats by Einl(m): 1:16pm On Aug 19, 2017
What the officials done is wrong and they should be reprimanded for it.... but...

....us Nigerians should learn to have respect and honour for ourselves. No one should have agreed to sit on the floor.

Imagine everybody on the floor rejected that option the officials we learn to treat people with a little bit more respect.

Don't agree to sit on the floor!!!

1 Like

Re: Passengers Sitting On The Floor On Kaduna-Abuja Train In Front Of Empty Seats by joenor(m): 1:17pm On Aug 19, 2017
This ppl them like sitdone ground normally.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Passengers Sitting On The Floor On Kaduna-Abuja Train In Front Of Empty Seats by miqos02(m): 1:17pm On Aug 19, 2017
seen
Re: Passengers Sitting On The Floor On Kaduna-Abuja Train In Front Of Empty Seats by Guilderland1(m): 1:18pm On Aug 19, 2017
Corruption is not a crime, it becomes a crime when you refuse to invest the money for more productive ventures

1 Like

Re: Passengers Sitting On The Floor On Kaduna-Abuja Train In Front Of Empty Seats by ororochas(m): 1:18pm On Aug 19, 2017
corruption in every sector... SMH

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passengers Sitting On The Floor On Kaduna-Abuja Train In Front Of Empty Seats by alatbaba1(m): 1:19pm On Aug 19, 2017
overbooked

1 Like

Re: Passengers Sitting On The Floor On Kaduna-Abuja Train In Front Of Empty Seats by lozairio(m): 1:20pm On Aug 19, 2017
Buhari government is not corrupt I hear

2 Likes

Re: Passengers Sitting On The Floor On Kaduna-Abuja Train In Front Of Empty Seats by eyinjuege: 1:21pm On Aug 19, 2017
Maybe they're first class seats.

If you don't pay for first class, why do you want to sit in first class?

3 Likes

Re: Passengers Sitting On The Floor On Kaduna-Abuja Train In Front Of Empty Seats by helphelp: 1:21pm On Aug 19, 2017
Truly, those seats are not empty...like someone said above, they are big enough to cover your heads from behind...

Our Yard Sales Naija platform just came up. We have started posting awesome Yard deals already for quick buy, at awesomely low prices (really, really low prices).

Don't be left out "No carry last" items are already popping up for grabs.

Kindly follow our instagram/facebook page for updates @yardsalesnaija

No carry last.

Tell a friend, to tell a friend

5 Likes

Re: Passengers Sitting On The Floor On Kaduna-Abuja Train In Front Of Empty Seats by Tapout(m): 1:21pm On Aug 19, 2017
But the seats are not empty undecided

3 Likes

Re: Passengers Sitting On The Floor On Kaduna-Abuja Train In Front Of Empty Seats by JONNYSPUTE(m): 1:22pm On Aug 19, 2017
Mynd44:

First question is

Who are they hoarding it for? Once the train keaves Kubwa, there isn't an loading station in Abuja of prominence so it is all sold by the time they leave kubwa.

And look at those seats again, do they look empty?

What the managers are guilty of is selling after they are out of tickets because that money is not accounted for and they share it amongst thenselves
. Gud observation. All I can deduce from this is that more people re now patronizing this method of transport Nd over crowding may occur from time to time. All the government need to do is to provide for more.

4 Likes

Re: Passengers Sitting On The Floor On Kaduna-Abuja Train In Front Of Empty Seats by Alitair(m): 1:22pm On Aug 19, 2017
You get what you can afford. The seats whether empty or not, the average Nigerian would wonder why he would pay extra #1000 for V.I.P when regular is #250

2 Likes

Re: Passengers Sitting On The Floor On Kaduna-Abuja Train In Front Of Empty Seats by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 19, 2017
There's someone's leg at the second to the last row.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bullion Van Collides With Tanker In Ghana, Money Scattered (Photos + Video) / 21 Celebrities Who Own Private Jets / Welcome To Balneario, Brazil, The Dubai Of Brazil(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.