Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

Passengers Sitting On The Floor On Kaduna-Abuja Train In Front Of Empty Seats - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Passengers Sitting On The Floor On Kaduna-Abuja Train In Front Of Empty Seats (52634 Views)

Close Kaduna-Abuja Train - Youths Protest In Kaduna (Photos) / Passengers Sitting On Top Of An Overcrowded Train In Agege, Lagos. / Inside The Kaduna-abuja Train Shared By A Twitter User (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Passengers Sitting On The Floor On Kaduna-Abuja Train In Front Of Empty Seats by David0(m): 1:23pm On Aug 19, 2017
The man in yellow vest is obviously attending to passengers occupying the sits.

1 Like

Re: Passengers Sitting On The Floor On Kaduna-Abuja Train In Front Of Empty Seats by cristianisraeli: 1:23pm On Aug 19, 2017
sign of respect to the train..lol
Re: Passengers Sitting On The Floor On Kaduna-Abuja Train In Front Of Empty Seats by StOla: 1:25pm On Aug 19, 2017
Mynd44, truly those seats are not empty.

I can see heads slightly, and the fact that a conductor is there interacting with passengers suggest that those seats are not empty.

2 Likes

Re: Passengers Sitting On The Floor On Kaduna-Abuja Train In Front Of Empty Seats by Mynd44: 1:25pm On Aug 19, 2017
StOla:
Mynd44, truly those seats are not empty.

I can see heads slightly, and the fact that a conductor is there interacting with passengers suggest that those seats are not empty.
People love seeking attention

2 Likes

Re: Passengers Sitting On The Floor On Kaduna-Abuja Train In Front Of Empty Seats by Lalas247(f): 1:27pm On Aug 19, 2017
Train wow
Impressed
Re: Passengers Sitting On The Floor On Kaduna-Abuja Train In Front Of Empty Seats by deepwater(f): 1:28pm On Aug 19, 2017
Bka
Re: Passengers Sitting On The Floor On Kaduna-Abuja Train In Front Of Empty Seats by DonBobes(m): 1:28pm On Aug 19, 2017
Angelanest:
Some passengers were spotted sitting on the floor and armrests during a train ride from Kaduna to Abuja. According to a journalist; Ifeanyi Charles Nwoko who shared this, the passengers were subjected to this because the train officials hoard the tickets to sell in the black market. Read what he shared below;

Kaduna to Abuja on train. People sitting on the floor and armrests but the first class is empty because officials hoard the ticket to sell in the black market. This is how we would destroy this infrastructure with our own hands then turn around and blame govt or say Jonathan didn't build it well. I hope the visit of the minister would have put and end to this nonsense.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/08/train-passengers-spotted-sitting-floor-front-empty-seats-see.html
Bastard officials indeed
Re: Passengers Sitting On The Floor On Kaduna-Abuja Train In Front Of Empty Seats by olayinkajnr(m): 1:28pm On Aug 19, 2017
Mynd44:
1. These seats are not first class seats of the Lagos-Kaduna trains. I have been in them so I know. The only time the first class seats are"headed" is when the the train leaves the Idu station in Abuja. Some seats are reserved for passe. Gers at Kubwa station. But this is not the first class coach

2. Those seats are not empty. You see them from the back and think so because the chairs are large and you can seat in them and be totally covered

3. The problem of people standing is due to corrupt officials who sell even after being out of tickets. I remeber during my trip, theu collected cash from some people.

4. Some managers were recently fired for doing 3 above.

5. More coaches are needed along with nore trips; this is the only thing that can stop ticketers collecting money after the tickets have been sold out. If passengers know if the miss the 7am train, there is anouther at 11am and 4pm, they will bless inclined to pay to stand. Also if there are more coaches, there will be more seats for people

You are absolutely correct. Let me borrow your comment pls

2 Likes

Re: Passengers Sitting On The Floor On Kaduna-Abuja Train In Front Of Empty Seats by Mynd44: 1:30pm On Aug 19, 2017
Mynd44:
1. These seats are not first class seats of the Lagos-Kaduna trains. I have been in them so I know. The only time the first class seats are"hoarders" is when the the train leaves the Idu station in Abuja. Some seats are reserved for passengers at Kubwa station. But this is not the first class coach

2. Those seats are not empty. You see them from the back and think so because the chairs are large and you can seat in them and be totally covered

3. The problem of people standing is due to corrupt officials who sell even after being out of tickets. I remeber during my trip, theu collected cash from some people.

5. More coaches are needed along with more trips; this is the only thing that can stop ticketers collecting money after the tickets have been sold out. If passengers know if they miss the 7am train, there is another at 11am and 4pm, they will be less inclined to pay to stand. Also if there are more coaches, there will be more seats for people
Re: Passengers Sitting On The Floor On Kaduna-Abuja Train In Front Of Empty Seats by meliziz12(m): 1:31pm On Aug 19, 2017
They even see train enter,thank God
Re: Passengers Sitting On The Floor On Kaduna-Abuja Train In Front Of Empty Seats by MEILYN(m): 1:31pm On Aug 19, 2017
nwaanambra1:
Hausa girls can fine eh! cool

Just look at this elegant queen seating on the floor. What is fine about that girl in the picture? Na wa oo, it seems you have a very bad taste.

but the thing is - if u like your life don't go near hausa women - especially whn u r not one of those that knock head.

in fact even if u knock head and u r not hausa don't just take the risk - its not worth it especially when u find ur kidney or your heart has been dagger-ed bc of toto!

the sad thing is - their men keep enjoying our christian girls freely without fear of assault! angry

What's fine about the girl in the picture? Na wa oo, I can see you have a very bad taste.

2 Likes

Re: Passengers Sitting On The Floor On Kaduna-Abuja Train In Front Of Empty Seats by NoWorries7(m): 1:35pm On Aug 19, 2017
Some journalists complained to Chibuike Ameachi... He said he can't do anything about it, that they are doing business... Can you imagine?
Re: Passengers Sitting On The Floor On Kaduna-Abuja Train In Front Of Empty Seats by CAPSLOCKED: 1:41pm On Aug 19, 2017
Mynd44:
1. These seats are not first class seats of the Lagos-Kaduna trains. I have been in them so I know. The only time the first class seats are"headed" is when the the train leaves the Idu station in Abuja. Some seats are reserved for passe. Gers at Kubwa station. But this is not the first class coach

5. More coaches are needed along with more trips; this is the only thing that can stop ticketers collecting money after the tickets have been sold out. If passengers know if they miss the 7am train, there is another at 11am and 4pm, they will be less inclined to pay to stand. Also if there are more coaches, there will be more seats for people
i

TELL ME THE COST... FROM LAGOS TO ABUJA?
Re: Passengers Sitting On The Floor On Kaduna-Abuja Train In Front Of Empty Seats by okerekeikpo: 1:42pm On Aug 19, 2017
U see Abokii people? Fear them, how can one leave his seat and seat on the floor?

1 Like

Re: Passengers Sitting On The Floor On Kaduna-Abuja Train In Front Of Empty Seats by LexngtonSteele: 1:43pm On Aug 19, 2017
Mynd44:

Brilliant observation. I have observed your intelligence and unbiased stance a couple of times.

Though I just got banned by you for saying I would **** with someone's not-so-pretty mother. I was being unbiased too angry

I can see heads with caps in those pictures, you are right, thumbs up!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passengers Sitting On The Floor On Kaduna-Abuja Train In Front Of Empty Seats by iamchybs(m): 1:46pm On Aug 19, 2017
nwaanambra1:

Just look at this elegant queen seating on the floor.

but the thing is - if u like your life don't go near hausa women - especially whn u r not one of those that knock head.

in fact even if u knock head and u r not hausa don't just take the risk - its not worth it especially when u find ur kidney or your heart has been dagger-ed bc of toto!

the sad thing is - their men keep enjoying our christian girls freely without fear of assault! angry

I don't blame them, our supposed Christian gilrs usually make themselves available to anything or anyone that can pay

1 Like

Re: Passengers Sitting On The Floor On Kaduna-Abuja Train In Front Of Empty Seats by pek(m): 1:47pm On Aug 19, 2017
Misleading topic cause the seats are not empty. What does the op mean?
Re: Passengers Sitting On The Floor On Kaduna-Abuja Train In Front Of Empty Seats by chiiraq802(m): 1:50pm On Aug 19, 2017
okerekeikpo:
U see Abokii people? Fear them, how can one leave his seat and seat on the floor?
lolz...The seat dey hot dem,,

1 Like

Re: Passengers Sitting On The Floor On Kaduna-Abuja Train In Front Of Empty Seats by LexngtonSteele: 1:50pm On Aug 19, 2017
MEILYN:
What's fine about the girl in the picture? Na wa oo, I can see you have a very bad taste.

Stop criticising another guy's taste nah..
grin

Some see fat gals as whales / pigs, some see them as Queens.

It's rare to see guys like me who are as Universal as USBs. Log into most portals...but even me, I still have standards as generous as I am...

I am allergic to dirty and "dark-black" ones as charitable as I am angry
Re: Passengers Sitting On The Floor On Kaduna-Abuja Train In Front Of Empty Seats by LexngtonSteele: 1:56pm On Aug 19, 2017
nwaanambra1:

Just look at this elegant queen seating on the floor.

Not stereotyping. ..but a lot of them don't like wearing panties. I am speaking from experience.

Was specifically warned not to go near the "taken" ones. Either engaged / married. You can easily be castrated with a rusty knife.

4 Likes

Re: Passengers Sitting On The Floor On Kaduna-Abuja Train In Front Of Empty Seats by mine85(m): 1:58pm On Aug 19, 2017
See abokis enjoying GEJ train....

1 Like

Re: Passengers Sitting On The Floor On Kaduna-Abuja Train In Front Of Empty Seats by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 1:58pm On Aug 19, 2017
this is what they want... they like crawling on the ground like snakes (ngworo) even if you offer them seat they are still going to seat on the flow, so allow them to do their things biko

1 Like

Re: Passengers Sitting On The Floor On Kaduna-Abuja Train In Front Of Empty Seats by omohayek: 1:58pm On Aug 19, 2017
Mynd44:

All this nonsense already, on a train line that has only just been launched? This is precisely why I am so skeptical about the grand infrastructure plans this government has recently announced: as long as all the new trains remain under government control instead of being run by private operators as profit-oriented enterprises, they will suffer the same old fate of rampant mismanagement and neglect that ruined the original infrastructure left behind by the British at independence. No private rail operator would be negligent enough to allow its staff to oversell tickets for their own private profit, especially not when such behavior threatens to ruin expensive investments.

At this rate, I give it at most 5 years after the completion of the new rail lines before they start looking like decrepit pieces of junk no decent person wants to travel in.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Passengers Sitting On The Floor On Kaduna-Abuja Train In Front Of Empty Seats by SlayQueenSlayer(m): 1:59pm On Aug 19, 2017
Badt guy! He had to stylishly acknowledge GEJ. If Zombies come for him now, una go talk say dem wicked.
Re: Passengers Sitting On The Floor On Kaduna-Abuja Train In Front Of Empty Seats by Arysexy(m): 2:02pm On Aug 19, 2017
Abokee no wan pay for seat, they would rather pay little and stand than pay for seat.people that would pay 100 naira to join trailer from Lagos to kano and inhale all d dusts and pollution on d road.

Same thing happen in Lagos, u see those oshodi ikorodu buses, ppl will be outside waiting for time conductor shout, "standing 50 naira walee! They will be trouping in including pick pockets

1 Like

Re: Passengers Sitting On The Floor On Kaduna-Abuja Train In Front Of Empty Seats by nduchucks: 2:04pm On Aug 19, 2017
Is that one of the trains credited to GEJ or did OBJ get the credit?
Re: Passengers Sitting On The Floor On Kaduna-Abuja Train In Front Of Empty Seats by Mynd44: 2:04pm On Aug 19, 2017
Lalas247:
Train wow
Impressed
I have pictures of my trip on it wink
Re: Passengers Sitting On The Floor On Kaduna-Abuja Train In Front Of Empty Seats by falopey: 2:04pm On Aug 19, 2017
Nigeria I hail thee! Thank God I left the bleeped country.
Re: Passengers Sitting On The Floor On Kaduna-Abuja Train In Front Of Empty Seats by Schwartz: 2:04pm On Aug 19, 2017
Its not only in Nigeria that train tickets are over sold. Trains are crowded abroad too with people standing. You have no right to sit in the first class coach even if its empty. Because you didn't pay for it. @OP Don't blow things out of proportion.

Below is a train with people standing. On some days its so crowded you find it hard to get standing space, especially during rush hours.

2 Likes

Re: Passengers Sitting On The Floor On Kaduna-Abuja Train In Front Of Empty Seats by umarshehu58(m): 2:08pm On Aug 19, 2017
Those sits are not empty joor. Why always saying negative things about your own country.

Anyway, na ipigs work sha, enemies of progress

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bullion Van Collides With Tanker In Ghana, Money Scattered (Photos + Video) / Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada / Primary School Pupils In Lagos Inside The Blue Line Train Today (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.