Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,115 members, 7,860,029 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:37 AM

Foreign Spouses Living In Nigeria - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Foreign Spouses Living In Nigeria (766 Views)

African Woman Living In American / The Social And Cultural Implications Of Living In The West / New Blog By A Hausa/fulani Woman Living In England (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Foreign Spouses Living In Nigeria by JacquelynD: 5:05pm On Feb 17, 2010
I'm an American woman dating a Nigerian man. We have been talking about marriage and what's going to happen when he finishes school next year and gets work. I know that he has had very good job offers back in Nigeria but he is worried that I wouldn't be able to take living there. If he did go back he said he would most likely have a job in Lagos. If he has a much better offer in Nigeria I wouldn't want him to have to give that up.

I was just wondering if there were any foreigners or spouses of foreigners who would want to share their experience with adjusting to and living in Nigeria.
Re: Foreign Spouses Living In Nigeria by sulad82i(m): 3:48am On Feb 18, 2010
There are lot of thing to consider.
1 of which will be the condition of where u are right now compare to Nigeria. If u are in a better country, it might be best to convince him to move with you.
2. Nigeria now have good paying jobs that can be compared to other part of the world, but really, finding a job is not that easy out there.
Life in general is not the best out in Nigeria, the daily amenities is a hassle. You'll need to provide most by urself by paying high bill.
Water and electricity are the main problem there.
The list goes on, but u need to compare what you have right now.

(1) (Reply)

Top 20 Wow! Moments In Naija Culture 2010 [20-11] / Is Benita Mixed (Yoruba/Edo) / At What Age Is Man Old Enough To Marry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.