Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,909 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:12 PM

3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do (41180 Views)

My Phone Can't Receive Incoming Calls / A Most See 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix, Tecno Phone Can't / Top 5 Things The Samsung Galaxy S8 Can Do That The Iphone Can’t (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do by Teeboi56: 9:21am On Aug 20, 2017
See how u karamo d phone as if I snap pictures it we come out from d phone

Very very expensive phone
And u said Wat d phone can infinix and tecno can not do it
See how much u re selling it ,

My infinix note 4 better past d phone jooo
D phone I bought 53k talk less of ur own 250k
Re: 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do by Nobody: 9:38am On Aug 20, 2017
adeboyewareez:

True. Android runs the show.

But is this how we're going to live in the Android/iOS duopoly forever? I hope not.

I also hope that it won't be long that mobile OS revolution takes place.
Relax...Nothing Lasts Forever, Kingdom Rises, Kingdom Falls
Re: 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do by dozymars(m): 9:38am On Aug 20, 2017
All that's required of Nokia to do is to build their phones on Andriod software and not windows then they are good to go.

The Name Nokia still lives in our memory, they should have cheaper ones as well.
Re: 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do by Nobody: 9:42am On Aug 20, 2017
Ooh then 250k or what should I steal am still like the one am using
Maybe if am a ........ I no how to tackles it with back side and front
Re: 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do by iamtardey: 9:43am On Aug 20, 2017
poo poo and still poo
Re: 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do by Nickymezor(f): 9:58am On Aug 20, 2017
How interesting. .. Nokia will always b my first love. KEEP CONNECTING PPL JARE.

1 Like

Re: 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do by Emmanuel2806: 10:20am On Aug 20, 2017
good thing Nokia is back.. They now have to produce the one we can purchase cos I'm not sure I can leave my tecno and infinix for some 250k Nokia 8

1 Like

Re: 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do by gratefulheart(m): 10:27am On Aug 20, 2017
I can't wait for Nokia 8 to be in the market..
Re: 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do by pacino26(m): 10:33am On Aug 20, 2017
spreado:

I remember the phone but what i can remember, that phone aint a success. I didnt use the phone but a friend of mine

The phone enjoyed a very short software attention from the ovi store. Over time, good geeks took over. That was when I started enjoying it. I still miss it.
Re: 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do by tivta(m): 10:37am On Aug 20, 2017
Useless bloggers, haven't you heard of the P. I.P features of the Chinese Oukitel k10000 pro? Nokia is not the first to make use of both front and back cameras simultaneously. I hate bloggers...
Re: 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do by SACI: 10:55am On Aug 20, 2017
my Infinix hot s can do that bothie thingy
Re: 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do by Idowuh(m): 11:31am On Aug 20, 2017
GirlOfTheWeek:
Hey, You're wrong about the first one.

Nokia 8 is not the first phone that can take photo with both the primary and secondary cameraa simultaneously.

my HTC one m8s does it too

HTC is known for introducing technology others would start making noise about it 5 years later.

correct
Re: 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do by amanfir: 11:38am On Aug 20, 2017
nokia being the best
Re: 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do by Sampunk(m): 11:40am On Aug 20, 2017
TechPanda:
Ever since Nokia broke the shackles Microsoft had on them (all thanks to their new boss, HMD), they've been working tirelessly to make a come back into the market and most importantly to win the hearts of consumers.

You know earlier, they launched a remake of the iconic Nokia 3310 and still on the pursuit to reclaim their lost glory, they've launched some set of Android phones. (Talking about the Nokia 3, Nokia 5, Nokia 6 and now.... the Nokia cool

If you're an Infinix or Tecno user, here's what the new Nokia 8 can do that your phone can't do.

1. Take Picture With The Front And Back Camera At The Same Time - #Bothie
The new Nokia 8 is the first mobile phone to feature this technology (Dual-Sight mode or as you may want to call it, Bothie)

The dual-sight mode is a new version of selfie which allows you use both front and back cameras at the same time (simultaneously). While using this feature to cover videos or take photos, your phone screen splits into 2.

With this, you can share both sides of a story. Sweeet!

Heheh...

Wait till this hash tag starts trending on twitter, then Tecno and Infinix users will be like
[img class=img src="https://3.bp..com/-nP-EPnxLCdU/WZWx3hldXPI/AAAAAAAADGo/9Dw7VFU7nGIqbq7t14q6H7RywfXptnbrACLcBGAs/s1600/let-me-tell-you-something.jpg"][/img]

2. Produce Quality Video And Sounds Like The Ones In American Movies
You know that feeling you get when you capture a very long video, probably a wedding or birthday party and then you decided to grab popcorn hoping to watch the video and then you begin to hear too many voices in the background?

Very horrible play back experience...

My brothers and sisters in tech, worry no more!

The Nokia 8 which has been designed to produce 4k videos also come with Ozo Spatial 360° audio (a technology used by Hollywood filmmakers and music producers).

For sure, this will put Hollywood technology in the palm of your hand.

3. High Quality Sounds From Its Out-Of-The Box Bluetooth Earphones

I suppose you've always wanted to save yourself the stress of carrying wires about? But so far so good, neither Tecno nor Infinix is helping matters with that kind of innovation.

The Nokia 8 comes with the Nokia Active Wireless Earphones. Though Nokia didn't take out the ear phone jack like Apple did in the iPhone 7, they've gone a step into keeping our technological life less wired with a Bluetooth headset which comes along with the phone.

Here're some features of Nokia's new earphone

- It has been fine-tuned to have high-quality sounds with solid bass tones
- It has specially-developed ergonomic ear tips that will let it fit comfortably in your ears
- And as part of the innovation, the active wireless earphone is water, sweat and dust proof.

If you've been following MissTechy lately, you should remember the tutorial she posted on how she plays music with 2 Bluetooth speakers. She was able to do that with the new Bluetooth version 5.0.

Before Infinix users be looking at me like... (Lol...)

[img class=img src="https://2.bp..com/-8_tQ5akoImU/WZXurXTsnlI/AAAAAAAADG4/J8nLF2wEq4w78iF4r8uDOgDzEVYKJzIeACLcBGAs/s1600/seriously.jpg"][/img]

Nokia 8: Key Specification and Price

SIM Type: 1 nano-SIM slot + 1 nano-SIM or 1 MicroSD card slot
Display Size and type: 5.3” IPS QHD (Gorilla Glass 5 protection)
Resolution: 2560 x 1440
Colours: Black
Processor Type: 1.3GHz Quad-Core Processor – Spreadtrum SC7731
RAM: 4GB
Internal Storage: 64GB
External Storage: microSD up to 256 GB
Back/Primary Camera: 13MP (dual) with dual tone flash
Front Camera: 13MP
Battery Type: 3090mAh, Non-removable battery
Protection: Shatterproof
Colours: Steel, Copper, Tempered Blue Satin, Tempered_Blue-Polished
Price: Over £546 (i,.eover 250,000 Naira)

What do you think about the Nokia 8? Does it stand a chance with any Infinix or Tecno phone and should it even match an iPhone? Kindly leave your thoughts in the comments.

As shared by TechPanda on Techkibay
Omo the 250 000 Na price of land ooooh.. And the land will be appreciating for you as time goes but the phone depreciates as time goes on... What a life

1 Like

Re: 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do by amanfir: 11:42am On Aug 20, 2017
nokia 8 has killer feature see specs and we can do PayTM Cricket League on nokia 8 but not on tecno
Re: 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do by OHIsIManuEL(m): 11:43am On Aug 20, 2017
ZesusHVWritter:
Show me a tecno or infinix that cost 200k, and I will show you a tecno or infinix device that does these listed features and more.
Tell me a tecno phone that uses carl zeiss lens
Tell me a tecno phone that uses snapdragon 835, the best processor around
Tell me the tecno phone that uses adreno 540
Tell me a tecno phone that has over FHD display resolution
Tell me a tecno phone that has up to 554ppi
Tell me a tecno phone that uses corning gorilla glass 5
A tecno phone with Bluetooth 5.0?
Tell me a tecno phone that is IP54 certified
Tell me if tecno brand is globally recognized
This phone should go head to head with Samsung s8 and iphone 7
I use tecno but guy, lets be honest with ourselves na
Re: 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do by otunba57: 12:06pm On Aug 20, 2017
Thank God Nokia is back
Re: 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do by microsofttutor(m): 12:31pm On Aug 20, 2017
SEE THE 7 SIMPLE STRATEGIES TO INCREASE YOUR GOOGLE ADSENSE EARNINGS at http://www.microsofttut.com/2017/08/7-simple-strategies-to-increase-your-adsense-earning.html
Re: 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do by ashawopikin(m): 12:43pm On Aug 20, 2017
250,000 shocked shocked shocked
Re: 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do by TechPanda(m): 12:46pm On Aug 20, 2017
OHIsIManuEL:
Tell me a tecno phone that uses carl zeiss lens Tell me a tecno phone that uses snapdragon 835, the best processor around Tell me the tecno phone that uses adreno 540 Tell me a tecno phone that has over FHD display resolution Tell me a tecno phone that has up to 554ppi Tell me a tecno phone that uses corning gorilla glass 5 A tecno phone with Bluetooth 5.0? Tell me a tecno phone that is IP54 certified Tell me if tecno brand is globally recognized This phone should go head to head with Samsung s8 and iphone 7 I use tecno but guy, lets be honest with ourselves na
You Are Indeed A True Son Of Your Father.

1 Like

Re: 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do by HyDef(m): 1:08pm On Aug 20, 2017
girlking:
So it doesn't have fingerprint? No. No. No.

It's got one. Embedded in the home button. It's suicide for a flagship not to have a fingerprint sensor nowadays.
Re: 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do by HyDef(m): 1:15pm On Aug 20, 2017
OHIsIManuEL:

Tell me a tecno phone that uses carl zeiss lens
Tell me a tecno phone that uses snapdragon 835, the best processor around
Tell me the tecno phone that uses adreno 540
Tell me a tecno phone that has over FHD display resolution
Tell me a tecno phone that has up to 554ppi
Tell me a tecno phone that uses corning gorilla glass 5
A tecno phone with Bluetooth 5.0?
Tell me a tecno phone that is IP54 certified
Tell me if tecno brand is globally recognized
This phone should go head to head with Samsung s8 and iphone 7
I use tecno but guy, lets be honest with ourselves na

Very well said. It's a proper flagship. Don't forget there's always build quality, as the 8 comes with a heat pipe and a graphite shield for heat management. The guys at GSMArena said that even while running benchmarks, the phone controlled the heat like an absolute boss. Evenly spread, and barely warm.

And a polarized screen for great sunlight legibility.

And a guaranteed update to Android O.

I use a Gionee, but I won't ever compare any of their devices to a 2017 flagship. I'm eagerly waiting to see the Mate 10.

1 Like

Re: 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do by labamo07(m): 1:26pm On Aug 20, 2017
TechPanda:
Ever since Nokia broke the shackles Microsoft had on them (all thanks to their new boss, HMD), they've been working tirelessly to make a come back into the market and most importantly to win the hearts of consumers.

You know earlier, they launched a remake of the iconic Nokia 3310 and still on the pursuit to reclaim their lost glory, they've launched some set of Android phones. (Talking about the Nokia 3, Nokia 5, Nokia 6 and now.... the Nokia cool

If you're an Infinix or Tecno user, here's what the new Nokia 8 can do that your phone can't do.

The new Nokia 8 is the first mobile phone to feature this technology (Dual-Sight mode or as you may want to call it, Bothie)

The dual-sight mode is a new version of selfie which allows you use both front and back cameras at the same time (simultaneously). While using this feature to cover videos or take photos, your phone screen splits into 2.

Heheh...

Wait till this hash tag starts trending on twitter, then Tecno and Infinix users will be like
[img class=img src="https://3.bp..com/-nP-EPnxLCdU/WZWx3hldXPI/AAAAAAAADGo/9Dw7VFU7nGIqbq7t14q6H7RywfXptnbrACLcBGAs/s1600/let-me-tell-you-something.jpg"][/img]

You know that feeling you get when you capture a very long video, probably a wedding or birthday party and then you decided to grab popcorn hoping to watch the video and then you begin to hear too many voices in the background?

The Nokia 8 which has been designed to produce 4k videos also come with Ozo Spatial 360° audio (a technology used by Hollywood filmmakers and music producers).

I suppose you've always wanted to save yourself the stress of carrying wires about? But so far so good, neither Tecno nor Infinix is helping matters with that kind of innovation.

The Nokia 8 comes with the Nokia Active Wireless Earphones. Though Nokia didn't take out the ear phone jack like Apple did in the iPhone 7, they've gone a step into keeping our technological life less wired with a Bluetooth headset which comes along with the phone.

- It has specially-developed ergonomic ear tips that will let it fit comfortably in your ears
- And as part of the innovation, the active wireless earphone is water, sweat and dust proof.

If you've been following MissTechy lately, you should remember the tutorial she posted on how she plays music with 2 Bluetooth speakers. She was able to do that with the new Bluetooth version 5.0.

[img class=img src="https://2.bp..com/-8_tQ5akoImU/WZXurXTsnlI/AAAAAAAADG4/J8nLF2wEq4w78iF4r8uDOgDzEVYKJzIeACLcBGAs/s1600/seriously.jpg"][/img]

What do you think about the Nokia 8? Does it stand a chance with any Infinix or Tecno phone and should it even match an iPhone? Kindly leave your thoughts in the comments.

Keep deceiving yourself. Infinix zero 3 can shoot 4k video and can also take picture with both front and rear camera at once. It's apparently a video phone any camera person should have........
Re: 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do by Lolaabokoku(f): 1:35pm On Aug 20, 2017
how much is a plot of land in ikorodu? 250k? na wahcheesy
Re: 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do by henry007(m): 1:39pm On Aug 20, 2017
ITbomb:
The price reminds me of my argument with a friend who just got a Mac.
Excerpts

Friend : My new MacBook is much better than my Windows PC
Me: how much is the MacBook
Friend : 250k
Me : How much is the Windows PC
Friend : 85k
Me: Have you heard of Surface S?
Friend : No
Me : It is 350k, but it and compare with your MacBook

Which kain macbook is 250K, used one?
Re: 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do by remirez07(m): 1:56pm On Aug 20, 2017
TechPanda:

Heheh...

still can't near iPhone. Stop the grammar
Re: 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do by Bahddo(m): 2:01pm On Aug 20, 2017
Over engineered and overpriced. Truth is, 99% of users do not really need the features some of these fancy phones pack.

Why, for example, would I ever need to use the front and back camera at the same time?

Can't waste 200k+ on a phone. It's not like a laptop that you can use for several years. All those overly expensive BB phones in those days, where are they now?
Re: 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do by Jetjacky(m): 2:10pm On Aug 20, 2017
I love! smiley
Re: 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do by jamesbridget13(f): 3:12pm On Aug 20, 2017
I phone is cool honestly but did you say 250 wetin?

#selfie
#boothie

Make I manage my infinix dey go. I can't come n kill myself because of #boothie
Re: 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do by Fayos1(m): 3:15pm On Aug 20, 2017
SORRY. BUT My infinix hot S can take pictures with both front and back cameras at the same time naw. What is op saying now undecided angry

1 Like

Re: 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do by Lucascruiz(m): 3:18pm On Aug 20, 2017
TechPanda:

Heheh...

my htc one e8 does the aboves..
Re: 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do by Tejiriseth(m): 3:32pm On Aug 20, 2017
I Love nokia.! in Fact My Middle Name Is Nokia.!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Itel P51: Unboxing My New Android Phone / Samsung Galaxy A72 Unboxing And First Impressions + Price (photos) / MTN's Message On Payment For Recharge Cards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.