Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,526 members, 7,861,526 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:52 PM

IPOB Hasn't Cancelled Anambra Election Boycott, Decision Not Reached- Prof Nwala - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB Hasn't Cancelled Anambra Election Boycott, Decision Not Reached- Prof Nwala (16951 Views)

IPOB Election Boycott Campaign In Anambra (Photos) / Ipob To Review Decision Not To Take Up Arms / Anambra Governorship Election: IPOB Insists On Election Boycott (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IPOB Hasn't Cancelled Anambra Election Boycott, Decision Not Reached- Prof Nwala by Alanzazani: 9:44pm On Aug 19, 2017
OkpekeBeauty:
Truth be told, there is no Igbo that does not identify with Nnamdi Kanu's philosophy. Some may be active others passive. The people that are against him do that for a major reason: FEAR
Fear of war which many have actually used to make some Igbos afraid, reminding them of the civil war. But a philosopher once said that everything you need is available on the other side of fear. Once you can conquer your fears, you advance as a person or as a people.

Fear of the unknown: This one is especially expressed by those who are already benefiting from the system. To me this is selfishness, you don't have the collective destiny of a people in mind but want the best just for you and your kids while others can go to hell. When you hear this Ijaw group say no to Biafra, that Anambra youths supports Buhari etc, these people are sponsored by these elite already benefiting from the system

Another thing even the Yorubas and Hausa know but deny is that Nnamdi kanu is not selfish, he is not a fraud. What Nnamdi is fighting is what most Nigerians criticize behind a computer/Social media and do nothing about. Who can take the type of risk he is taking because of need for recognition or fame. Every sincere person knows Nnamdi Kanu is genuine and sincere and paying a great price. Every hour his life is in danger of the powerful rich forces in the South east, an area where your brother is ready to betray you for money. Lets face it, that guy believes in what he is doing. It is those who have not really read the story of Mandela and Ghandi that think those people were saints-NO, they had their own faults, and even their own people were not fully in support of their approach, for much the same reason FEAR. Ghandi was killed by his brother, a fellow Indian not the Europeans he stood against.

They say:
who was Nnamdi before the struggle,
I ask who was Martin Luther King before the struggle? Answer-A mere unknown pastor with no experience in Government.
Second question: who was Ghandi before fame? Answer, a charge and bail lawyer, with no experience in government, no title, no extra academic achievement.
Last question: Who was Mandela before the struggle? Answer: a mere charge and bail lawyer who had enough fortitude that more powerfully placed people didnt have.

So what does Nnamdi Kanu lack that others had? Kanu is a British citizen, schooled in Britain, the son of a king who believes in his principles and ideologies to be willing to give his life for it. A family that can sponsor their son to UK is not an average family, he could have relaxed and enjoyed his parents money without trouble

Please note that I don't totally agree with Nnamdi kanus approach, but I can acknowledge that for the first time 80% of Igbos agree they have a leader and thousands of Igbos are united in one voice. So all the disunity they use to blackmail us shattered in the IPOB struggle. Even if Biafra never happened, history will have it on record that one unknown man was able to call Government back to their senses and to know that a section of the country have fearless individuals. And let me not forget to add Jailing him or killing him will make a hero more out of him.

Which 80% of igbos. Where do you people get your statistics from? We know the category of igbos that swell up the ranks of ipob. Are they up to 1m? Again I ask how did you arrive at your statistics of 80% of igbos. Because in my organisation just in my unit all the igbos look at Kanu like and uncouth rascal. He has no ideology that is my problem with him. He centered his struggle on hate and careless talk. I am glad Baba is back that boy should be put where he belongs once and for all. He has committed treason by raising a flag in a soverign country. I would love to see him sentenced to death. He went ahead to rope himself in thinking the government is afraid of him. The guy is too dull for my liking . He has given government enough evidence to nail and bury his coffin
Re: IPOB Hasn't Cancelled Anambra Election Boycott, Decision Not Reached- Prof Nwala by brightalo17: 9:53pm On Aug 19, 2017
hammerT:
Some people will not sleep tonight, after jubilating yesterday. grin grin grin

Calling ipob and Kanu cowards. hahahahahaha!

Una see una life? cool

The way you'll not sleep after jubilating when kanu told you that Buhari will never come back again.
Re: IPOB Hasn't Cancelled Anambra Election Boycott, Decision Not Reached- Prof Nwala by mekuschimez: 9:53pm On Aug 19, 2017
The Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) has denied claims that it withdrew its order on the boycott of Anambra election

- The group said it the reports are false

- IPOB said it will hold a mega rally on Sunday where Nnamdi Kanu will openly declare the group's position on the forthcoming election

The Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) has denied reports that its leader Nnamdi Kanu withdrew the group's call for a boycott of the November 18, Anambra election.

The group said at no time did Kanu say IPOB will be part of the elections in the state.

Sahara Reporters reports that the media aide to the IPOB leader Darlington Okolie said the group's leadership has only one condition required for elections to hold in Anambra state.

READ ALSO: LIVE UPDATES: Buhari arrives Nigeria after 105 days in London (photos, video)

Okolie said that Kanu has not had a change of mind regarding the forthcoming governorship election in Anambra.

He said: "Whoever said that [there has been a shift in IPOB's position] is telling lies. The media in Lagos is fond of spreading falsehood about us. Nnamdi Kanu can never go back on his word. There will be no election in Anambra."

"There is nothing anybody can do about this. Any media that is reporting that Nnamdi Kanu has withdrawn his call to boycott Anambra elections is simply practicing false reportage,” Okolie said.

READ ALSO: BREAKING: President Buhari lands in Nigeria (photos,video)

Okolie further revealed that the IPOB will conduct a mass rally on Sunday, August 20.

He said the group's leader will use the rally platform to openly declare his position on the election in Anambra state.

NAIJ.com earlier reported that Igbo leaders met with Kanu on Friday, August 18.

PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

The leaders under the aegis of Ala Igbo International Foundation met with the IPOB leader to discuss the forthcoming elections in Anambra state, NAIJ.com gathered.

https://www.naij.com/1121130-ipob-denies-reports-withdrew-call-anambra-election-boycott.html

1 Like

Re: IPOB Hasn't Cancelled Anambra Election Boycott, Decision Not Reached- Prof Nwala by Nobody: 9:55pm On Aug 19, 2017
OkpekeBeauty:
Truth be told, there is no Igbo that does not identify with Nnamdi Kanu's philosophy. Some may be active others passive. The people that are against him do that for a major reason: FEAR
Fear of war which many have actually used to make some Igbos afraid, reminding them of the civil war. But a philosopher once said that everything you need is available on the other side of fear. Once you can conquer your fears, you advance as a person or as a people.

Fear of the unknown: This one is especially expressed by those who are already benefiting from the system. To me this is selfishness, you don't have the collective destiny of a people in mind but want the best just for you and your kids while others can go to hell. When you hear this Ijaw group say no to Biafra, that Anambra youths supports Buhari etc, these people are sponsored by these elite already benefiting from the system

Another thing even the Yorubas and Hausa know but deny is that Nnamdi kanu is not selfish, he is not a fraud. What Nnamdi is fighting is what most Nigerians criticize behind a computer/Social media and do nothing about. Who can take the type of risk he is taking because of need for recognition or fame. Every sincere person knows Nnamdi Kanu is genuine and sincere and paying a great price. Every hour his life is in danger of the powerful rich forces in the South east, an area where your brother is ready to betray you for money. Lets face it, that guy believes in what he is doing. It is those who have not really read the story of Mandela and Ghandi that think those people were saints-NO, they had their own faults, and even their own people were not fully in support of their approach, for much the same reason FEAR. Ghandi was killed by his brother, a fellow Indian not the Europeans he stood against.

They say:
I ask who was Martin Luther King before the struggle? Answer-A mere unknown pastor with no experience in Government.
Second question: who was Ghandi before fame? Answer, a charge and bail lawyer, with no experience in government, no title, no extra academic achievement.
Last question: Who was Mandela before the struggle? Answer: a mere charge and bail lawyer who had enough fortitude that more powerfully placed people didnt have.

So what does Nnamdi Kanu lack that others had? Kanu is a British citizen, schooled in Britain, the son of a king who believes in his principles and ideologies to be willing to give his life for it. A family that can sponsor their son to UK is not an average family, he could have relaxed and enjoyed his parents money without trouble

Please note that I don't totally agree with Nnamdi kanus approach, but I can acknowledge that for the first time 80% of Igbos agree they have a leader and thousands of Igbos are united in one voice. So all the disunity they use to blackmail us shattered in the IPOB struggle. Even if Biafra never happened, history will have it on record that one unknown man was able to call Government back to their senses and to know that a section of the country have fearless individuals. And let me not forget to add Jailing him or killing him will make a hero more out of him.

dude, kanu is not leadership material, but is a good attack dog for leadership materials. His utterances makes it obviously clear, he has zero quality to lead you guys.look for som1 smarter, not an a××hole who use hate as the bases for his agitation cause it might lead to ur extinction. but wetin consign me

Re: IPOB Hasn't Cancelled Anambra Election Boycott, Decision Not Reached- Prof Nwala by attackgat: 9:56pm On Aug 19, 2017
Alanzazani:

Which 80% of igbos. Where do you people get your statistics from? We know the category of igbos that swell up the ranks of ipob. Are they up to 1m? Again I ask how did you arrive at your statistics of 80% of igbos. Because in my organisation just in my unit all the igbos look at Kanu like and uncouth rascal. He has no ideology that is my problem with him. He centered his struggle on hate and careless talk. I am glad Baba is back that boy should be put where he belongs once and for all. He has committed treason by raising a flag in a soverign country. I would love to see him sentenced to death. He went ahead to rope himself in thinking the government is afraid of him. The guy is too dull for my liking . He has given government enough evidence to nail and bury his coffin

You were around when Kanu ordered a sit at home on the 30th of May. What do you think the compliance rate was?

3 Likes

Re: IPOB Hasn't Cancelled Anambra Election Boycott, Decision Not Reached- Prof Nwala by Tobbyfitz: 10:15pm On Aug 19, 2017
longsnake:
Baba is back cownu will run grin grin
Rapist so u are here

1 Like

Re: IPOB Hasn't Cancelled Anambra Election Boycott, Decision Not Reached- Prof Nwala by ONYII4TRUT: 10:19pm On Aug 19, 2017
OkpekeBeauty:

They say:

Well said

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Hasn't Cancelled Anambra Election Boycott, Decision Not Reached- Prof Nwala by Tobbyfitz: 10:19pm On Aug 19, 2017
Jiang:

dude, kanu is not leadership material, but is a good attack dog for leadership materials. His utterances makes it obviously clear, he has zero quality to lead you guys.look for som1 smarter, not an a××hole who use hate as the bases for his agitation cause it might lead to ur extinction. but wetin consign me

Your comment shows that you are the real asshole....
If you don't know what to say... Keep shut

1 Like

Re: IPOB Hasn't Cancelled Anambra Election Boycott, Decision Not Reached- Prof Nwala by Ikechuob: 11:10pm On Aug 19, 2017
01mcfadden:

Calm down bro. Wet your muscle.
I'm a full blooded Igbo. I support Biafra 100% but do you think the Federal government will fold arms while IPOB hold a whole state yo ransom?

They will use full force as usual and the innocent will partake in the suffering.

I don't think no election is the way.

double post
Re: IPOB Hasn't Cancelled Anambra Election Boycott, Decision Not Reached- Prof Nwala by Ikechuob: 11:11pm On Aug 19, 2017
01mcfadden:

I'm a full blooded Igbo. I support Biafra 100% but do you think the Federal government will fold arms while IPOB hold a whole state yo ransom?

They will use full force as usual and the innocent will partake in the suffering.

Seriously

I am starting to become very grateful that I left Africa. The mindset of your typical negro in Africa explains so much why that continent is so f2king backwards.

How is IPOB holding a state ransome when it's the people's choice to decide whether to vote or not?

Is IPOB carrying a gun and forcing people to follow them? The answer is a big fact NO!!!

They made a declaration and it's the people's choice to pick which way to go. Anambra government can cry us a river that the people have decided to choose the IPOB route. The constant wailing that IPOB is holding the state for ransom is becoming very stale and boring.

BTW: let the FG go there and force people out of the their house to vote since it's a nation with so much lawlessness it makes the animal kingdom look like heaven.

Anyway, all these showed me is that Niggeria is worse than wtf I thought it was. The mindset of your typical negroe in that nation is as primitive as what white racist says. Truly primitive. After all, IPOB gave a simple statement that would have resolved the entire situation and all this caricature from that country's government wouldn't be needed.

They said and I quote "Referendum or No election." A Simple referendum is all they ask for, not a gun, weapon or anything bad but a f2king referendum to prove them right or wrong. If a referendum won't be given then they aren't going to go out there and vote for anything else. and yet that backwards nation is bound to display the animals that IPOB does call them yet wonder why they call that country a Zoo.

Since the Niggerian government so believe that only "miscreants and thugs" follow IPOB and "most igbo" support Niggeria...why not test that theory then? Why not prove IPOB wrong then? Oh I know because they know that BS they tell themselves is nothing but BS.

Anyway let that nation government use full force during the time. Please let them go ahead so they can get more sanctions added on their already sanctioned ass. The only person it'll affect is that already overgrown baby country. After all, your country cannot do/develop anything without foreign nation helping you. Expand the lack of interest from foreign nation selling una weapons to something else. Please tell your government to use full force. Go to people's house and force am out like a bunch of primitive neanderthals.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPOB Hasn't Cancelled Anambra Election Boycott, Decision Not Reached- Prof Nwala by Ikechuob: 11:16pm On Aug 19, 2017
hammerT:

Just a few dotted buildings per mile, in Nigeria capital city. The rest is road and bush/bush shack .

Why do you think I stated that niggerians truly do not know how backwards they are.

Whenever I see a nigerian insulting other African nation, I laugh. I laugh so hard
grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: IPOB Hasn't Cancelled Anambra Election Boycott, Decision Not Reached- Prof Nwala by enemyofprogress: 11:18pm On Aug 19, 2017
Who cares?that's your headache
Re: IPOB Hasn't Cancelled Anambra Election Boycott, Decision Not Reached- Prof Nwala by okerekeikpo: 11:22pm On Aug 19, 2017
OkpekeBeauty:

They say:

God bless you my brother

Re: IPOB Hasn't Cancelled Anambra Election Boycott, Decision Not Reached- Prof Nwala by Leez(m): 11:25pm On Aug 19, 2017
mpianya39:
cheesy cheesy cheesy owambe unity beggars how market na
grin grin
Re: IPOB Hasn't Cancelled Anambra Election Boycott, Decision Not Reached- Prof Nwala by Notasyouthink: 2:52am On Aug 20, 2017
wakaman:
No worries.
Your teacher don land with plenty koboko.
Ipig albino.
Which teacher?? I hope you're not insinuating that bag of bones grin grin grin
Re: IPOB Hasn't Cancelled Anambra Election Boycott, Decision Not Reached- Prof Nwala by DocHMD: 6:02am On Aug 20, 2017
burqueenx:
angry
This one and him dry meme. Only 3 paltry likes since yesterday. grin grin

Re: IPOB Hasn't Cancelled Anambra Election Boycott, Decision Not Reached- Prof Nwala by DocHMD: 6:08am On Aug 20, 2017
Alanzazani:
[s]

Which 80% of igbos. Where do you people get your statistics from? We know the category of igbos that swell up the ranks of ipob. Are they up to 1m? Again I ask how did you arrive at your statistics of 80% of igbos. Because in my organisation just in my unit all the igbos look at Kanu like and uncouth rascal. He has no ideology that is my problem with him. He centered his struggle on hate and careless talk. I am glad Baba is back that boy should be put where he belongs once and for all. He has committed treason by raising a flag in a soverign country. I would love to see him sentenced to death. He went ahead to rope himself in thinking the government is afraid of him. The guy is too dull for my liking . He has given government enough evidence to nail and bury his coffin[/s]

Unneccesary pro-abokii noise.

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Hasn't Cancelled Anambra Election Boycott, Decision Not Reached- Prof Nwala by DocHMD: 6:10am On Aug 20, 2017
Jiang:

Did your Daura President use love to basis his campaign for fulani presidency? Didn't he call you a dog and a baboon?

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Hasn't Cancelled Anambra Election Boycott, Decision Not Reached- Prof Nwala by johnserek: 6:11am On Aug 20, 2017
Confused tribe
No one will ever take them seriously
Re: IPOB Hasn't Cancelled Anambra Election Boycott, Decision Not Reached- Prof Nwala by danyaril2yahoo: 7:04am On Aug 20, 2017
Your paternity is unqestionable,A true son of his father.you've really added value to my day
OkpekeBeauty:

They say:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IPOB Hasn't Cancelled Anambra Election Boycott, Decision Not Reached- Prof Nwala by iamjavadem(m): 7:05am On Aug 20, 2017
OkpekeBeauty:

They say:

Mumu, you havent witnessed war before. We are actually afraid of losing our igbo friends just as we did in the last war. Fear my ass.
Whether IPOB cancels election boycott or not, three (3) things are involved:

1. It's either Anambarians comes out en masse to vote for their next Governor,

2. They foolishly boycott the election and have an unpopular government inaugurated which will result in several years of wailing and suffering;

OR

3. IPOB orchestrates violence which disrupts the election, and consequentially, FG declares a state of emergency, then deploys a military dictator to govern the affairs of the state.

The bottom line is, even if it's 10 people that comes out to vote, a governor must emerge, or number 3 becomes the case, which will be very very brutal for Anambarians.
Re: IPOB Hasn't Cancelled Anambra Election Boycott, Decision Not Reached- Prof Nwala by burqueenx(f): 7:33am On Aug 20, 2017
DocHMD:

This one and him dry meme. Only 3 paltry likes since yesterday. grin grin

Re: IPOB Hasn't Cancelled Anambra Election Boycott, Decision Not Reached- Prof Nwala by Nobody: 9:42am On Aug 20, 2017
OkpekeBeauty:

They say:

I HAVE NEVER SEEN SUCH UNDILUTED TRUTH FROM ANY YOUTH NOR ADULTS ON ANY SOCIAL NETWORK....BLV ME UA A RARE BREED....SOMEDAY U WILL REMEMBER SOMEONE MADE THIS comment ABOUT U

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Hasn't Cancelled Anambra Election Boycott, Decision Not Reached- Prof Nwala by tk4rd: 1:52pm On Aug 20, 2017
adexuxin:
I guess all this Biafran hullabaloo when granted will make southeast look like let say!!London abi? From frying pan to fire.
They will become Sahara Desert.. But it is still none of your business..
Re: IPOB Hasn't Cancelled Anambra Election Boycott, Decision Not Reached- Prof Nwala by michealdeco: 1:59pm On Aug 20, 2017
Afonjas won't sleep todae cheesy cheesy

Re: IPOB Hasn't Cancelled Anambra Election Boycott, Decision Not Reached- Prof Nwala by tk4rd: 1:59pm On Aug 20, 2017
Ikechuob:

Radio biafra posted the video for all to see what Nnamdi Kanu said.

He NEVER cancelled any thing.

Your afonja propaganda media cancelled it for him.

Hence radio Biafra reposted the video of Nnamdi speech for all to see and have una to point out where exactly he did such
You know,, if you want to campaign with propaganda,, just put an afonja as the campaign manager.. Na so he go just gather all his brothers, and they would leave the main issues on the table, and be chasing around for poos and messes from the opponents' table..
And thus, once the opponent cleared any of the poos-and-messes which they were capitalising on,, it becomes a big woe for them..
Re: IPOB Hasn't Cancelled Anambra Election Boycott, Decision Not Reached- Prof Nwala by tk4rd: 2:03pm On Aug 20, 2017
burqueenx:
angry
It had always been an "election-boycott" day.. Another Stay-at-home/Nsala-Soup day.
Re: IPOB Hasn't Cancelled Anambra Election Boycott, Decision Not Reached- Prof Nwala by adexuxin(m): 2:04pm On Aug 20, 2017
tk4rd:
They will become Sahara Desert.. But it is still none of your business..
Baba eee
Re: IPOB Hasn't Cancelled Anambra Election Boycott, Decision Not Reached- Prof Nwala by tk4rd: 2:13pm On Aug 20, 2017
01mcfadden:

Like the way they used their so called Full Force on the Sit-at-Home action of 30th May which got Arewa to drunk to stupor with anger.??
The Army will full everywhere and meet empty polling units,, and they will end up shooting the INEC officers for not bringing out people out of their homes to vote
Re: IPOB Hasn't Cancelled Anambra Election Boycott, Decision Not Reached- Prof Nwala by tk4rd: 2:23pm On Aug 20, 2017
Blue3k:
Boycott continues election holds. Then we will see how popular IPOB is theoretically by the participation rate. If it's over 50% that's usual rate. The 2015 Benue gubernatorial election was only 40% no big headline.
Ok.. Let me just guess..
The percentage participation in the election by the registered voters will be 7%.
So, what's your own guess like.??
Re: IPOB Hasn't Cancelled Anambra Election Boycott, Decision Not Reached- Prof Nwala by Blue3k(m): 2:23pm On Aug 20, 2017
tk4rd:
Ok.. Let me guess.. The percentage participation will be 7%.
What's your own guess.??

50% is my guess. The registration drive was pretty successful in Anambra. People register because they have interest in voting. If they didn't they wouldn't bother.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari’s 2nd Term Will Be Similar To How He Operated In 1984 – Sagay / Buhari Opposed Removal Of Fuel Subsidy In 2011 / Buhari Confers National Award On Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.