Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,432 members, 7,830,167 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Is Sin A Spirit, Who Created It? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Sin A Spirit, Who Created It? (1452 Views)

What Happens When A Believer "Dies In Sin"? A Biblical Exposition Of What Sin Is / What is Sin Against The Holy Spirit That Will Not Be Forgiven?? / Sin A Spiritual Suicide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Sin A Spirit, Who Created It? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Aug 19, 2017
God is holy and everything around HIM.
HE is the creator of the universe and the heavens.
But my question is; where did sin pop out from, was devil destined to sin?
This has been a very heated argument between me and a religious Friend for days now.
Re: Is Sin A Spirit, Who Created It? by shadeyinka(m): 3:28pm On Aug 19, 2017
Finfadei:
But my question is; where did sin pop out from, was devil destined to sin?
This has been a very heated argument between me and a religious Friend for days now.

Sin is a product or consequence of misuse of Free Will.

God didn't create sin. God created beings with volition. When volition is misused, it is called Sin
Re: Is Sin A Spirit, Who Created It? by MuttleyLaff: 7:19pm On Aug 19, 2017
Finfadei:
Yes and bear in mind that He created things to have potentials.

Potential, in the sense that, all God created, each have an ability or capacity to develop into something in the future (i.e. come in to being something expected)

Truthfully speaking, that potential, is an inherent ability or capacity for growth, development, or coming into being,
which when the necessary conditions exists or prevails will lead to future good success and/or positive usefulness

God has a certain goal, mark or level, to attain, for each or everything He created.

Finfadei:
But my question is; where did sin pop out from
There isn't a definitive answer to the question: Where did sin popped out from?
Besides, that, there actually are 6 different Hebrew nouns and 2 Hebrew verbs, with different meanings or connotations, for the English word, sin

Sin, originally and coming from the Hebrew verb, "chata" perspective, means, missed the mark, or missed the target, or went wrong, or went bad, missed the goal or reached potential not

Finfadei:
was devil destined to sin?
No, I don't think the devil was destined to sin.

My reason, for not thinking that the devil was destined to sin, is because the devil was never and not created by God, to sin

The devil, just as Adam and Eve were, was destined and created for great things but
missed the mark, missed the target, went bad, went wrong, missed the goal and consequently failed to reach an expected end.

Finfadei:
What about was the heated argument(s) between you and your religious friend over?
Re: Is Sin A Spirit, Who Created It? by igbowannabe(m): 8:56am On Dec 20, 2018
Yes, Sin is a spirit! I could elaborate a great deal, but I'll try to simplify things. Read Zechariah, chapter 5. The spirit of Sin is portrayed here in feminine form. In Genesis, Sin is portrayed in masculine form.

Gender aside, both texts paint the picture of a person. A sentient being with it's own thoughts, emotions and power of will.

I do not believe these particular Scriptures are just metaphors. In other verses, Sin is given personal attributes such as that of a ruler whom we are not to submit to... Sin is a principality.

God, Almighty is a warring God who glories in conquest. He creates conditions suitable for flexing his muscles. And this is one reason why he conspired for Sin to exist. God gets glory from its defeat, and the battle itself, was intentional on God's part. Not every church goer would agree with this.

A second purpose for Sin's existence is that God is a lover... and lovers want to be chosen. God arranged for humans to pick their preferences. And he stands beside Sin in front of us like a suitor, saying, "Do you want him? Or do you want me?" He's curious, for lack of a better word.

Even in the Book of Proverbs, Wisdom is personified as a woman, opposite of the Wayward woman (Sin), competing for man's attention. They both cry to man from the high places, trying to out do each other and win hearts. Even bribing us with their gifts.

Next, you asked if Satan was destined to sin, and my answer is that I certainly think so. The Bible says God raised up Pharaoh for the purpose he served, even though it was for evil.

And I believe Pharaoh foreshadowed many things involving Satan, just as the lives of Moses and the Old Testament prophets foreshadowed Jesus.

When God desires to express himself, he provides the opportunity to do so. You can't be a hero when no one is in harm's way. And you can't show yourself strong when there are no obstacles. So God brought evil forth, even if it was done indirectly.

God both forms the light and creates darkness, the Bible says. He's behind both good and evil. All we can hope for is that he will be merciful and save us through Jesus from all "evil" he creates, conspires or sends, including the spirit, Sin.
Re: Is Sin A Spirit, Who Created It? by Kobojunkie: 8:45pm On Jan 31
■ God is holy and everything around HIM. HE is the creator of the universe and the heavens. But my question is; where did sin pop out from, was devil destined to sin? This has been a very heated argument between me and a religious Friend for days now.
This is by far the greatest misconception among those who claim to believe in the God of Israel and His Son Jesus Christ. The general lack of understanding of terms such as Sin and Holy and the correct application of each. undecided

Sin simply means direct disobedience of God's Law — His teachings and commandments as contained in His Law /Covenant.
Holiness implies the living of one's life in complete compliance with God's Law, a status achieved through continuous submission and obedience to God's teachings and commandments as indicated in His Law and Covenant.
▦ So, a Holy person exists in compliance with God's Law; a Holy object or thing is a thing that meets the full specifications of God's Law and Covenant. undecided

Sin is not a spirit — it is not an entity — but an action done in disobedience of God's direct commandments and teachings. Sin did not pop out from anywhere. And there is no sin recorded against the one who is the Devil or Satan. Yes, Jesus Christ described Satan as a liar from His beginning but Jesus Christ never said Satan sinned against God from his beginning. Sin did not come into the world by way of Satan. Rather Sin is recorded to have entered into the world through a man and how? Through man's disobedience(sin) of God's teachings and commandments — God's Law. undecided
Re: Is Sin A Spirit, Who Created It? by kkins25(m): 8:50pm On Jan 31
MuttleyLaff:
Yes and bear in mind that He created things to have potentials.

Potential, in the sense that, all God created, each have an ability or capacity to develop into something in the future (i.e. come in to being something expected)

Truthfully speaking, that potential, is an inherent ability or capacity for growth, development, or coming into being,
which when the necessary conditions exists or prevails will lead to future good success and/or positive usefulness

God has a certain goal, mark or level, to attain, for each or everything He created.

There isn't a definitive answer to the question: Where did sin popped out from?
Besides, that, there actually are 6 different Hebrew nouns and 2 Hebrew verbs, with different meanings or connotations, for the English word, sin

Sin, originally and coming from the Hebrew verb, "chata" perspective, means, missed the mark, or missed the target, or went wrong, or went bad, missed the goal or reached potential not

No, I don't think the devil was destined to sin.

My reason, for not thinking that the devil was destined to sin, is because the devil was never and not created by God, to sin

The devil, just as Adam and Eve were, was destined and created for great things but
missed the mark, missed the target, went bad, went wrong, missed the goal and consequently failed to reach an expected end.

What about was the heated argument(s) between you and your religious friend over?

Good old MUttley, speaking like Metatron, as if, he holds a title of one of God's Angels..

"God created things to have potential" What potential do you talk of oga? grin grin grin Potential to Sin? If so, why purnish sin?
Re: Is Sin A Spirit, Who Created It? by Aemmyjah(m): 9:05pm On Jan 31
kkins25:

Good old MUttley, speaking like Metatron, as if, he holds a title of one of God's Angels..

"God created things to have potential" What potential do you talk of oga? grin grin grin Potential to Sin? If so, why purnish sin?

Potential to be loyal, to prove loyalty, faith, obedience and love for God.
That's why he gave them a freewill 😉
How far?
My defending champion
Re: Is Sin A Spirit, Who Created It? by kkins25(m): 10:38pm On Jan 31
Aemmyjah:

Potential to be loyal, to prove loyalty, faith, obedience and love for God.
That's why he gave them a freewill 😉
How far?
My defending champion

What is freewill? The freewill to only good?
Re: Is Sin A Spirit, Who Created It? by Aemmyjah(m): 1:52am On Feb 01
kkins25:

What is freewill? The freewill to only good?

How do you demonstrate obedience and loyalty?
It means that there's a chance to disobey right but you choose not to
Even Jesus Christ to was tempted to do bad but he was loyal to God
Freewill is given to Man and Angels

(1) (Reply)

BEWARE! I Think Nairaland Is Antichristian / Royal Baby: Array Of Stars Celebrate With Prophet Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin / I Need Deliverance-please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.