Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,305 members, 7,815,551 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (208) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1509991 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Yooku: 5:16pm On Sep 27, 2017
zaragirl:
OH MY... it is PPR ooooooo. 208 days . I am so happy...... I cant even type #olowogbogboro has done it

London VO Squad take note of timeline angry angry sad May God spare us ooh

@deeore @boldinc @yewwygrace @noviolence @ajujuju2 @mrsbee @veleta

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Yooku: 5:24pm On Sep 27, 2017
esosa4real:

I have requested jawe!! Received yesterday and so far so good! Every was passed and completed except security.
That's what they are doing now, otherwise no benefit getting another one.

It's a security matter.....lol

Na you be the Saudi dokota abi? grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kenon1: 5:27pm On Sep 27, 2017
uptown17:

IQAS has turned to tortoise ooo. They will acknowledge your transcript like 1 month after dhl delivers it and will take 9-10weeks to complete your evaluation. Unless WES wont give you a good equivalent, NO near IQAS yen

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by uptown17: 5:27pm On Sep 27, 2017
iwillrejoice:

My IQAS timeline
Transcripts delivers by DHL - July 28
Acknowledgement of transcripts mail - Aug 27
ECA - Sept 13
ECA mail- Sept 20th

So I guess the 9-10 weeks processing time is from when your transcripts was received. They Re just so lYe in sending the acknowledgement email.
you are lucky. see mine below
dhl delivered - june24
acknowleged - july 19
ECA - sept 19

they make people miss ITA anyhow. smh

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by jergins: 5:28pm On Sep 27, 2017
Calm down and prepare for the other 3 parts on Saturday. Don't give up yet when it's not yet over. You might just be surprise as I was when I did mine. I never experecetit . I surprisingly passed.

CNNN:
I took speaking test today. What I gave at the exam was nothing close to my best. It was my first attempt. I'm registering another test asap. Feeling sad
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Yooku: 5:32pm On Sep 27, 2017
Hephgirl:
buhahahahhah

This is banana-influenced laughter grin grin grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by einsteino(m): 5:50pm On Sep 27, 2017
Kontagious:

Hi Einsteino,

Surely, you'd pass your test with the desired scores.

My 1st speaking is what I'd term a disaster, I didn't speak for 2 minutes during the part 2. I was tensed for a better part of the whole speaking test. Result came and I scored 7.5

2nd test, I was too confident. Examiner had a couple of short laughs with clear smiles here and there, she stopped me in part 2 plus a few other questions. Result came and I scored 7!

I will not accept the argument that I used a wider range of vocabulary or I spoke more fluently in my first attempt. I couldn't have been tensed and be using high end vocab not to even mention the me all of a sudden stuttering and saying thank you where not needed.

I remember well I was worried about my speaking in the 1st attempt and listening in the 2nd. Both components came out with desired scores. How I got 8 in listening remains a mystery. If they did the adjustment as discussed here, God bless them, if it was solely my effort, all thanks to God.

In all, relax, breathe and prepare for Saturday's bout. You will triumph.

wow see motivation. i dont know how to thank you enough, inshort one orijin for you.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by jideflows(m): 5:56pm On Sep 27, 2017
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Yewwygraceful: 5:56pm On Sep 27, 2017
Hi Yooku, i have decided to save my breath with London. I just got the document request change on 20th September and i know my file will move to London but i am hopeful. I have a feeling our processing will not be long unlike earlier AORs unless if security delay am (God forbid).
Notice July aor passed medicals in good time, our files left CIO to a LVO after spending 7 to 8 weeks. Meanwhile the January - June batch probably spent three or four months before moving to LVO (not talking about Ottawa processed applications) and then stayed on queue for another two or almost three months before a Visa Officer reviewed it, leading to longer processing time.

There is a Nigerian (May AOR) in the London Visa Forum whose file was moved to London on the 6th of August and got PPR on 26th September, so let us be hopeful. I may be wrong but i feel the culprit is CIO that held unto those early AOR files for more than two months. I am going with Deeore's earlier observation that things might be different from now (I really pray so). Again other factors that we do not know about could delay the processing of an application. Meanwhile keeping myself busy with work as hard as that sounds.

Yooku:

London VO Squad take note of timeline angry angry sad May God spare us ooh

@deeore @boldinc @yewwygrace @noviolence @ajujuju2 @mrsbee @veleta

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cheapphones: 6:03pm On Sep 27, 2017
db23:

Last I checked from using my cards in Canada- around 20th September

GTB Dollar card - CDN 1.14 to USD 1

GTB Naira card - NGN 308 to CDN 1

approximate average values... varies day to day... CDN has been strengthening against the USD recently

Thanks plenty. The bolded was about what I got shortly after a friend got about 1.22 from the same bank so I was worried if there were hidden charges cos of the wide difference.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 6:03pm On Sep 27, 2017
Thanks Cannie and Abby2017. I’ve settled for Applied Science. Thank you both.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by djokovic: 6:26pm On Sep 27, 2017
Good day
I have issue disturbing me. The issue is my Date of Birth. I dont knw if it will affect me cos my transcript has a different date of birth on it and my passport also have a different. I want to do my ECA, Dont know if that will affect my chances of geeting the ITA or the PR it self. Yes, I wont be the principal applicant. My wife would be the principal Applicant. Please advice accordingly.
Thank you for ur urgent response.
Cc hephgirl, datechman.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by oluphilip2008(f): 6:34pm On Sep 27, 2017
CNNN:
I took speaking test today. What I gave at the exam was nothing close to my best. It was my first attempt. I'm registering another test asap. Feeling sad

Hi CNNN, you need to be encouraged, considering that you're yet to do the other 3 aspects of the test. I had a bad experience during my own speaking test too. I got too tensed and mumbled a lot. I even used a vocabulary whose meaning was the exact opposite of what I had in mind (where the vocab came from I don't know grin). All I knew was immediately I used that vocab, I became sad and restless, I knew something had gone amiss. My fear was confirmed thereafter. I checked on my phone, the meaning totally negated the sentence in which I had used it. I became weak and almost unable to keep practising for the rest of the test. Hubby encouraged me (we did our exam same day), I remember him saying something like the examiner might not even know the meaning of the vocab grin. Long story short my speaking score was 7.5. Just what I needed to have full point for speaking. Pls focus on the remaining parts for you shall overcome IELTS

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Canadianfly: 7:08pm On Sep 27, 2017
Anybody having problems with Speaking should check out E2 language on YouTube for Speaking. Jay teaches a method called PPF, that's what I used and I got 8.5 in Speaking. It helps you embellish on the spot and keep talking until the examiner stops you. Plus I didn't have to think about my answers, I just lied on the spot grin and it made sense. Another thing I did was have the husband throw random topics at me to Speak on. He threw topics from Network Issues to Ogbono soup lol. Main point was to practice speaking on the spot and relating it to your culture or personal experience.

Good luck everyone.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by jideflows(m): 7:09pm On Sep 27, 2017
djokovic:
Good day. Please, I need your advise as I plan to apply for the PR to Canada. But am having little issue.
I need to do the WES for my Educational verification. And the issue, I have is my age, my transcript age is different from the one on my passport. As I am so confused on what to do. If I go with any of the Age hope it won't cause any issues with the PR for me not to get . please Advise according. Thank you.
I'm having same issue.. Just forget about your previous travel history and do a new passport.. It will cost you some money sha..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Dhimmy: 7:12pm On Sep 27, 2017
einsteino:

mehn, i got tensed in part 2 cry. dont know what came over me. i think i even had about 20 seconds left, wasnt up to my average performance. the other sections were fine, i started part 1 well and managed to get a hold of myself in part 3.

my last attempt was an 8 in speaking, and i had a similar experience but cant say if it was as bad. Nonetheless, I really do hope it doesnt slip below 7.5.. my tentative CRS with max IELTS is a borderline one, so i really need a minimum of 7.5. Thanks for asking.

BTW many thanks to merrymum, chomiepedia and all those who replied my enquiries on UNN transcript verification. was able to pull through using your answers. WES has acknowledged receipt, got it done by myself for 10k as against the 25k my contact was demanding for. Thanks alot.
Good luck Einsteino. ITA fall on U!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Teatop1234: 7:58pm On Sep 27, 2017
.... so I posted here about a month and half ago that the doctor that did medicals for my family called that I require an additional test. Scary much! so I asked if anyone has gotten such request before but I didn’t receive a response. The call came on a Saturday while I was having fun at an “owanbe”. My mood changed immediately but had to succum to some liquors. I waited impatiently for the weekend to pass by. On Monday morning, i took time off work to see the doctor who confirmed all was well but just that they weren’t clear about a certain result. Then I left but still wasn’t entirely convinced. Anyways, we received AOR on Sept 19 and happy to inform you that we passed medicals today Sept 26. More good news to come�

28 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by daniella04: 8:02pm On Sep 27, 2017
Kontagious:

Thought so. Her profile looks good on the surface. POF and or IELTS might be the undoing.

cc: daniella04, elfmann
Thanks all. Yet to write my ielts though
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Onedimple: 8:14pm On Sep 27, 2017
@elfmann
Boss, i was really pressed to call WES again today and request that they check my file thoroughly because my school claimed they sent both transcripts when i contacted them. I got a mail this evening from WES that they have the transcripts now and that they have sent photocopies to my institution for verification.
Thanks Bro.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by mia007: 8:16pm On Sep 27, 2017
Pls can anybody assist wit aw a PUM looks lyk. I receive an auto response frm VFS and i dunno wat to do.

Visa application, tracking ID No.20170831GHANPPTxxxxx– Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office ACCRA , on 21/09/2017 to the Canada Visa Application Centre.To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 8:38pm On Sep 27, 2017
Onedimple:
@elfmann
Boss, i was really pressed to call WES again today and request that they check my file thoroughly because my school claimed they sent both transcripts when i contacted them. I got a mail this evening from WES that they have the transcripts now and that they have sent photocopies to my institution for verification.
Thanks Bro.
Great stuff! No fear Oyibo esp when u know what u are talking abt. Now, follow up with your Alma mater.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 8:40pm On Sep 27, 2017
daniella04:
Thanks all. Yet to write my ielts though
Na so..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sleekysilk: 8:41pm On Sep 27, 2017
Teatop1234:
.... so I posted here about a month and half ago... Anyways, we received AOR on Sept 19 and happy to inform you that we passed medicals today Sept 26. More good news to come�

Congrats.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Onedimple: 8:49pm On Sep 27, 2017
elfmann:

Great stuff! No fear Oyibo esp when u know what u are talking abt. Now, follow up with your Alma mater.

Abi ooo. Thanks Bro.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 8:52pm On Sep 27, 2017
Yooku:

This is banana-influenced laughter grin grin grin
u know this.... Over influenced...
It's almost Bedtime.... Ensure u have banana as snack before u sleep.... if u r a guy.... U can enjoy Oranges. Be healthy
#lemmecomeandbegoing
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by reka(m): 8:55pm On Sep 27, 2017
You don't get tired of this banana issue...

Hephgirl:
u know this.... Over influenced...
It's almost Bedtime.... Ensure u have banana as snack before u sleep.... if u r a guy.... U can enjoy Oranges. Be healthy
#lemmecomeandbegoing
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 8:55pm On Sep 27, 2017
Canadianfly:
Anybody having problems with Speaking should check out E2 language on YouTube for Speaking. Jay teaches a method called PPF, that's what I used and I got 8.5 in Speaking. It helps you embellish on the spot and keep talking until the examiner stops you. Plus I didn't have to think about my answers, I just lied on the spot grin and it made sense. Another thing I did was have the husband throw random topics at me to Speak on. He threw topics from Network Issues to Ogbono soup lol. Main point was to practice speaking on the spot and relating it to your culture or personal experience.

Good luck everyone. Thanks alot for this
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 8:56pm On Sep 27, 2017
reka:
You don't get tired of this banana issue...

So I shldnt eat healthy fruits again abi
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by XX01(f): 8:56pm On Sep 27, 2017
Algbenguze:

Only the account holding the POF is needed.

I disagree. They have asked for all bank accounts you hold. That people get away with it doesn't make it safe.

What if something triggers them asking? Just get references for those accounts and leave out the SOA. That's what I did.

@prideandjoy

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 8:57pm On Sep 27, 2017
Teatop1234:
.... so I posted here about a month and half ago that the doctor that did medicals for my family called that I require an additional test. Scary much! so I asked if anyone has gotten such request before but I didn’t receive a response.. Then I left but still wasn’t entirely convinced. Anyways, we received AOR on Sept 19 and happy to inform you that we passed medicals today Sept 26. More good news to come�
great... Amen. Congratulations in advance

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 8:58pm On Sep 27, 2017
XX01:

I disagree. They have asked for all bank accounts you hold. That people get away with it doesn't make it safe.

What if something triggers them asking? Just get references for those accounts and leave out the SOA. That's what I did.
We r to attach all our bank accounts? Or am I understanding u "in reverse "
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by reka(m): 8:58pm On Sep 27, 2017
Haba! How can I say you shouldn't eat healthy fruit, especially banana and your cucumber...
Tasty?

Hephgirl:
So I shldnt eat healthy fruits again abi

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.