Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,705 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (213) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1509403 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Algbenguze: 8:15pm On Sep 28, 2017
Beblessedbaba:
Hi Everyone, I have been a monitoring spirit for almost forever... I need view from the senior citizens i mean the veterans in this regard.

Profile: Cyber security and ICT Professional.
I posses ND, HND Computer science and Bsc Economics
Can i do ECA using ICES for just my HND and Bsc to get the maximum point and leave out the ND.

My IELT exam is in October by the way.

You should evaluate just the ND/HND if it's from the same school to get "2 or more certificates". Adding BSc to it will still result in the same assessment but can cause delay, so don't bother. I recommend you use WES.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ray78: 8:20pm On Sep 28, 2017
Lol abeg my case is different in Jesus mighty name
Teatop1234:
Based on the reports so far, kindly get a mat and have some rest. grin

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sleekysilk: 8:26pm On Sep 28, 2017
Santino1:

I hope you are aware the "two or more degree" option is no longer available on the profile builder. Before you tell someone to calm down, why don't you ensure you are up to date first.

Ogbeni Santino1, we are all here to learn and it will be good for u to humble yourself and learn. Yes, u will not expressly see the 'two or more degree' but after u input ur various qualifications and answer yes to if you have ECA for each of ur qualification the next drop down is to select what your ECA says ur credential is. All u have to do is select 2yr diploma against OND and select 3yrs certificate, diploma or degree against HND. Submit ur profile and u will be full of smiles when u see d CRS points CIC will allocate to ur education. Tested and trusted.

Hope this helps.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by phemmi1: 8:30pm On Sep 28, 2017
Dewys1:
'Cover page' will not appear as stated below until you supply the fax no. Once you input the fax no, the cover page will appear just below.

Hope that helps

Thanks guys. It helped, I have been able to send it now.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Santino1(m): 8:30pm On Sep 28, 2017
sleekysilk:

Ogbeni Santino1, we are all here to learn and it will be good for u to humble yourself and learn. Yes, u will not expressly see the 'two or more degree' but after u input ur various qualifications and answer yes to if you have ECA for each of ur qualification the next drop down is to select what your ECA says ur credential is. All u have to do is select 2yr diploma against OND and select 3yrs certificate, diploma or degree against HND. Submit ur profile and u will be full of smiles when u see d CRS points CIC will allocate to ur education. Tested and trusted.

Hope this helps.

Alright, my bad then... When I entered my MSc and Bsc, I got the same score as I would have if I had entered just MSc. Hence, I thought the same is applicable for OND/HND in view of the fact that one is 2 and the other is 3 years (just like MS and BS).

Once again, my bad.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 8:32pm On Sep 28, 2017
Santino1:

I hope you are aware the "two or more degree" option is no longer available on the profile builder. Before you tell someone to calm down, why don't you ensure you are up to date first.
For PA or Spouse?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by CAstruggle(m): 8:35pm On Sep 28, 2017
On the profile builder if you enter 2 BSc, one after the other. It will automatically calculate it as two or more certificates, degrees or diploma.

Dont forget you need to enter details for each study separately one after the other and also state whether or not you have done ECA for it.

I evaluated a BSc and Diploma and it earned me two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees on my EE profile

I believe its only applicable to spouse
Santino1:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 8:35pm On Sep 28, 2017
Algbenguze:

You should evaluate just the ND/HND if it's from the same school to get "2 or more certificates". Adding BSc to it will still result in the same assessment but can cause delay, so don't bother. I recommend you use WES.
Omo.. Abeg respond to my situation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Santino1(m): 8:36pm On Sep 28, 2017
elfmann:

For PA or Spouse?

Sorry, I was wrong. Apparently OND/HND count as two degree while BSc/MSc doesn't. My comment was based on the latter which isn't the case for the former.

Sorry for the mix up.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Santino1(m): 8:39pm On Sep 28, 2017
CAstruggle:
On the profile builder if you enter 2 BSc, one after the other. It will automatically calculate it as two or more certificates, degrees or diploma.

Dont forget you need to enter details for each study separately one after the other and also state whether or not you have done ECA for it.

I evaluated a BSc and Diploma and it earned me two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees on my EE profile

I believe its only applicable to spouse

I don't know about that. But what I'm sure of is if you entered MSc and BSc or PhD and MSc, you'll only get the score for the highest degree ( In the above example, MSc or PhD, respectively).

As to the bolded. I don't even think that's logical because someone with a PhD by that logic will earn 150 (PhD)+ 135 (MSc) + 120 (Bsc) points. That is over 400 CRS points alone from education alone, that is surely not how it works.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 8:45pm On Sep 28, 2017
Santino1:

Sorry, I was wrong. Apparently OND/HND count as two degree while BSc/MSc doesn't. My comment was based on the latter which isn't the case for the former.

Sorry for the mix up.
No P.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Teatop1234: 8:48pm On Sep 28, 2017
I wish you well dear. London favored dupshoo if I’m not mistaking

ray78:
Lol abeg my case is different in Jesus mighty name
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Algbenguze: 8:48pm On Sep 28, 2017
MysteryBud:
Argentina refuses to give PCC in absentia or via online medium, dy require 1 to come to d country to obtain this. Now his wife was able to get one in May this year 2 days b4 her departure from d country.
From my research, applications can get turned down because of PCC been obtained b4 one leaves d country or it been later than 6 months b4 submission (Pls correct me if I'm wrong).
My questions hence are these;
Is it possible for them to not mention Argentina as a country she has been to, and also avoid scanning that potion of her passport that bears the Argentine visa stamp.
Also her passport will expire in the next 8 months so they plan to wait till it's 6months to expiration to cancel that old passport and obtain a new one before submission of their ITA documents.
It is because of this passport expiration that I was thinking they should not mention Argentina at all to avoid issues arising, since the Argentine visa will be in the old cancelled passport.
Please note that they still plan to scan other pages of the old passport that contains visa stamps of other countries she has been to, such as UK which is where she did her masters (they got the UK PCC online, hassle free).
Thank u.

1. It's not correct that you must leave a country before their PCC can be valid (afterall, we still remain in Naija even after submitting Naija PCC and don't get penalized). If it's still within 6 months, especially when you leave the country within days of obtaining the PCC, you should be okay. In the first place, she only needs one if she's stayed there for 6 months cummulatively in the last 10 years. So, in summary, her PCC is valid.

2. PCC is not based on just travel history on current passport but travel history in last 10yrs or since 18th birthday, whichever is more recent. Even if the passport carrying the Argentina records expires, she still needs to declare her visits to the country if it falls within the above stated time frame. Holding back such information will amount to misrepresentation and it has consequences.

3. CIC/IRCC says you should scan data page and stamped pages of ONLY current passport. That's the rule. People (out of trust issues) still go ahead to scan old passports just to have 'rest of mind' but it's not required at all. I personally believe in following simple instructions to the letter.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by uptown17: 8:50pm On Sep 28, 2017
Santino1:

Sorry for the mix up.
Fine gentle man.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Algbenguze: 8:55pm On Sep 28, 2017
elfmann:

Omo.. Abeg respond to my situation.

I have now. I actually did few hours ago but it was hanging in outbox. Just resent now.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by CAstruggle(m): 8:56pm On Sep 28, 2017
Santino1:

I don't know about that. But what I'm sure of is if you entered MSc and BSc or PhD and MSc, you'll only get the score for the highest degree ( In the above example, MSc or PhD, respectively).

As to the bolded. I don't even think that's logical because someone with a PhD by that logic will earn 150 (PhD)+ 135 (MSc) + 120 (Bsc) points. That is over 400 CRS points alone from education alone, that is surely not how it works.

My post or point has nothing to do with PhD or MSc. Those are exceptions to the rule of two or more diplomas, certificates or degrees.

CAstruggle:
Please dont misunderstand CIC. Note the following carefully as he can get maximum point for Two or more certificate, diplomas or degrees

A 3year or more certificate, diplomas or degrees - Equivalent to his BSc or HND

PLUS take note of the plus

Any other certificates, diplomas or degrees - which can be OND, HND or BSc excluding WAEC & NECO

You can only earn for just Bsc if that all you have earned since your secondary education. However if you have 2 BScs its two or more certificates.

This matter has been discussed here over and over again even on the thread before this one

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 9:00pm On Sep 28, 2017
Please what is the minimum score for express entry now?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Santino1(m): 9:03pm On Sep 28, 2017
Here is an online CRS calculator

https://www.canadavisa.com/comprehensive-ranking-score-calculator.html

Input you data and it generates your score

NB: I consider it accurate because the score it gave me was the same I got on my EE profile

Cheers
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Santino1(m): 9:05pm On Sep 28, 2017
saouri:

There is no fixed minimum score, the pool changes from time to time and the cut-off mark for each rounds of invitation is at the sole discretion of the minister. The last one was 433 and the penultimate was 435.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sleekysilk: 9:05pm On Sep 28, 2017
Santino1:

Alright, my bad then... When I entered my MSc and Bsc, I got the same score as I would have if I had entered just MSc. Hence, I thought the same is applicable for OND/HND in view of the fact that one is 2 and the other is 3 years (just like MS and BS).

Once again, my bad.

You be baba na. MSc alone gets more point than two or more certificates put together under the Human Capital Factor. But the real joker is maxing out the 100points under skill transferrability (with great IELTS scores and 3yrs work experience). Msc alone OR two or more certificates will carry 100/100. So for those with Masters degree, u can evaluate only ur Masters. And for those of us without masters degree but different orisirisi college/ polythecnic diploma + Bsc, we need to evaluate both. So long as one of the orisirisi is a 3 or more years program according to ECA

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Santino1(m): 9:10pm On Sep 28, 2017
sleekysilk:

You be baba na. MSc alone gets more point than two or more certificates put together under the Human Capital Factor. But the real joker is maxing out the 100points under skill transferrability (with great IELTS scores and 3yrs work experience). Msc alone OR two or more certificates will carry 100/100

I think the real joker is the IELTS because it earned me the max 50 each on foreign work and education (for skill transferrability) like you rightly pointed out . I think most people here underestimate IELTS and ascribe more weight to degrees whereas the opposite is the case.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Algbenguze: 9:19pm On Sep 28, 2017
XX01:

I disagree. They have asked for all bank accounts you hold. That people get away with it doesn't make it safe.

What if something triggers them asking? Just get references for those accounts and leave out the SOA. That's what I did.

@prideandjoy

Truth is, bank letter is just ONE of various means to prove settlement funds. People have received PPR, without bank letter or SOA, using just treasury bills or combining it with Pension funds. You don't prove funds with empty bank accounts, no matter how many. It's where your funds are lodged that matter.
If someone was asked for details of other bank accounts, especially where there's no money, I suspect a case of further background checks rather than POF.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sleekysilk: 9:21pm On Sep 28, 2017
Santino1:

I think the real joker is the IELTS because it earned me the max 50 each on foreign work and education (for skill transferrability) like you rightly pointed out . I think most people here underestimate IELTS and ascribe more weight to degrees whereas the opposite is the case.

Yes ooo. IELTS is the bomb plus having 3yrs or more work experience. Certificates and degrees dey follow for back. Na for naija here we dey fight say Bsc graduate is higher than HND graduate. I was humbled when I saw that HND graduates are rated higher than Bsc graduates according to CIC and even WES. Our government and institutions should have a rethink about HND/Bsc dichotomy.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Algbenguze: 9:26pm On Sep 28, 2017
saouri:

Good morning!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Santino1(m): 9:29pm On Sep 28, 2017
sleekysilk:

Yes ooo. IELTS is the bomb plus having 3yrs or more work experience. Certificates and degrees dey follow for back. Na for naija here we dey fight say Bsc graduate is higher than HND graduate. I was humbled when I saw that HND graduates are rated higher than Bsc graduates according to CIC and even WES. Our government and institutions should have a rethink about HND/Bsc dichotomy.

True words. To be fair, I actually thought HND/BSc are equal and that was the premise of previous comments. Perhaps, it's high time university graduates from Naija (myself included) started to reconsider our BSc superiority complex like you rightly suggested.

Good luck with your application man
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MummyJaygirls: 10:08pm On Sep 28, 2017
MaSisi:

A friend of mine has almost same IELTS score as mine and is already in the pool. We wrote the exam together, he's a lecturer.
By almost do u mean that he or she has 7.5 in listening too or more or less?

Would u be nice enough as to ask/tell what's ur friend's score?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by GREGORIAN(m): 11:10pm On Sep 28, 2017
Please help...I want to join this route but I have max of 2.5million to show on pof. ...I'm single ...ppr 4 me alone no supporting family member....am I good to go...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by DatechMan(m): 11:42pm On Sep 28, 2017
GREGORIAN:
Please help...I want to join this route but I have max of 2.5million to show on pof. ...I'm single ...ppr 4 me alone no supporting family member....am I good to go...
No you are not good to go.
A single applicant requires a minimum of $12,300.
According to today's exchange rate, this is close to 3.6M
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by yimiton(f): 4:00am On Sep 29, 2017
mia007:
Pls can anybody assist wit aw a PUM looks lyk. I receive an auto response frm VFS and i dunno wat to do.

Visa application, tracking ID No.20170831GHANPPTxxxxx– Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office ACCRA , on 21/09/2017 to the Canada Visa Application Centre.To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website 

Hello Mia007, sorry I do not have the answer to your question. Please when did you send your passport to Accra? How long did it take yo receive this email after you sent your passport? Did you send via dhl?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Eraytee: 6:03am On Sep 29, 2017
Hello house, please am yet to send my document to WES but have paid for the ECA and my app status reads "IN PROGRESS" We are currently reviewing your application. Is this normal even wen have not sent my Msc transcripts to WES? In addition to this, Initially in 2014, i had an evaluation (BSc) with WES US, i did that for academic purpose in US, I dont know maybe the Bsc is what they are reviewing or not. please any idea of what is happening?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by olusolarichards: 6:05am On Sep 29, 2017
Abby2017:
1. I don't think paying additional money will change the channel of communication between your school and WES. The courier fee is for your hardcopy report.

3. I suggest you wait out 14working days then contact your link again. Verification request sent via standard mail won't get to your school earlier than that. Follow-up is key.

All the best.
Seriously need ur help..I requested for my transcript from Fedpolyado both ND and HND want to send it to WES for evaluation.my School called me to come and pick it up and send it myself,I don't know if I can post it here in Lagos through ikeja post office rather than ekiti.

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.