Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,823 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (273) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1509450 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 12:18pm On Oct 13, 2017
Aig84:
Congratulations to einsteino and others that had great IELTS results....for those that didn't get the desired scores don't be dismayed, pick yourselves up and re-register for another. It's the end that justifies the means truly, no rush in this thing.

Some of us are sitting petty in the pool at 416 with no other means than pnp which is now more restrictive for us outside Canada. But it is well, when your time comes, no one will be able to take it away from you.
Have u maxed all factors?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 12:19pm On Oct 13, 2017
einsteino:

grin just thought to make it detailed so that those who are confused btw WES and IQAS could make an informed decision. moreso UNN folks would be able to infer how long transcript and verification process could take.

Tip: To engineers who intend to practice in canny, respect yourself and choose WES for Canadian licensing sake.. else you go do the WES again after PR
did u locate Ivie?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by olu21ola: 12:28pm On Oct 13, 2017
Hephgirl:

Kinda @pof
Ur money kinda generates money... Instead of it just lying there..

About d gap u r fine

Thank you very much. your comments are always hilarious on this forum.
So can I still get the treasury bills after ITA? If I show put all my POF in treasury bills, will I have to show 6 months account statement if my bank does not comply with CIC format?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by db23: 12:37pm On Oct 13, 2017
db23:
Hello everyone.

Please I was just wondering/a little worried.

I submitted my eAPR while I was away, so my travel history is open-ended.

Do I need to raise a case or let them know that I have now returned back to Nigeria? or it won't matter?
If I need to raise a case, how do I go about this?

Please help... I'm worried.

Please now... Someone should answer. Do I need to update my travel history? Does it matter?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by einsteino(m): 12:41pm On Oct 13, 2017
rinzylee:

Oga Einsteino ....Make I throw congrats come ya side as fellow super Lion. I guess you are an Agbebite. Any way I wanted to ask if you could break down the fees you paid for WES, UNN Transcript, Courier for me. Wanna do mine next month. I know someone in Registry even though I finished from Enugu Campus. Biko help a Super Lion �.
Add any other vital info I Need to know

Thanks alot Lion. Yes I'm an Agbebite through and through cheesy

for WES i paid 234CAD(selected regular post delivery option ie NIPOST), UNN transcript was 35k (courier is handled by UNN and its cost is inclusive in the 35k).

ehm here is a tip for the verification WES would request for: typically UNN charges 10k for transcript verification and another 10k for certificate verification. WES would request for both but the thing is our transcript bears date of award of degree and class of degree awarded, also i suspect the verification request and reply is a single email.. so what I did was to pay UNN for only transcript verification, and at the end of the day WES marked the both as verified. I saved half the cost this way.

if you need further clarifications, feel free anyday, anytime. you can send a pm. Best of luck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by einsteino(m): 12:49pm On Oct 13, 2017
ctrlunlimited:

What if you use ICES
would you still be requested to use WES again?

yes you would still need to do WES . The thing is WES is about the only evaluating body institutions recognize for course by course evaluation of transcripts, the likes of APEGA categorically would demand for WES. So if you used WES for your ECA, when it is time to apply for Engineer in training/licensee/P.Eng, all you would have to do is ask WES to upgrade your ECA to ICAP ie upgrade from "document by document" to "course by course". Since they already have your transcripts and cert, the only thing it would cost is an upgrade fee which is cheaper than a fresh evaluation, though you may need to get your school to send verification again.

With this you can use your WES to apply for admission to Universities and also pursue your engineering license.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by einsteino(m): 12:52pm On Oct 13, 2017
Kontagious:

Congrats bro, you even nipped the maximum points attainable from IELTS. Anxiety that comes with passing the test especially when you've had more than one trial. I no need remind you we never even reach October 30th grin.

wtf! na now i realise say na sept 30 grin grin grin grin

my God! you wont believe I have already filled Oct 30 in my EE profile grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by mmanwanyi: 12:55pm On Oct 13, 2017
Please for my people who have registered for WES, there re two options "Application Canada" and "IRCC Application". Please which one should I choose? Please someone help me urgently.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 12:58pm On Oct 13, 2017
einsteino:

Elfmann hinted but guess the euphoria was still raging. Trust you've done the needful.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 1:01pm On Oct 13, 2017
einsteino:

Programmers need to work on it. U shldn't be allowed to select dates in the future.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 1:02pm On Oct 13, 2017
Kontagious:

Elfmann hinted but guess the euphoria was still raging. Trust you've done the needful.
I thought he was playing along oh...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by einsteino(m): 1:08pm On Oct 13, 2017

Aig84:
Congratulations to einsteino and others that had great IELTS results....for those that didn't get the desired scores don't be dismayed, pick yourselves up and re-register for another. It's the end that justifies the means truly, no rush in this thing.

Some of us are sitting petty in the pool at 416 with no other means than pnp which is now more restrictive for us outside Canada. But it is well, when your time comes, no one will be able to take it away from you.

Thanks alot Aig84 for the felicitation. As for your CRS, is that the max attainable score with your profile? if yes, try checking Australia PR to see what your chances are, I know of people that couldnt get canny but got Aussies like it was a cakewalk. Aussie is kinder on age and you can redeem commensurate points you lost for age via work experience. also no points for masters or multiple degrees so it appears they have a more level playing field, and their state nomination is alot easier. However this would depend on your occupation as some occupations are on "pro-rata" and aussie's is more expensive.

MRSDA:
COngratulations einsteino...wishing you a speedy ITA and PPR

Thanks alot MRSDA . I appreciate.

bbaby84:
As in !

Congratulations on a fantastic result though @einsteino

grin thanks alot bbaby84

Pamperme:
Congratulations...

Thanks so much.

Hephgirl:
did u locate Ivie?
grin I didnt, rather she came to me in the form of my IELTS result

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by balogunsam(m): 1:08pm On Oct 13, 2017
agates:

Thanks i did just that and i got an email that my ECA has been completed. Whoop!!!

See? Glad i was able to help someone here too...now adding feathers to my cap..will soon get chieftaincy title here. Please enter pool.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 1:08pm On Oct 13, 2017
Positive testimony.. We're honored!
veritas3:

OK boss...the fear of long lashing (I am saying this in a good way oo) from you and a select few made me read from the previous threads to this to get to the stage I am in presently...thanks cos it really pays to read and also do so far and wide.

Abeg o where @cochtrane and other guru data analysts,erm with the current IELTS and ECAs that just fell due, what's the likely cutoff for the next draw of maybe October 18th, some of us would like to know so as to keep hope alive...missed the last one of 4th October with few points

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by balogunsam(m): 1:09pm On Oct 13, 2017
Kontagious:

Had Otunba Balogunsam kept quiet, you might just be waiting for your EDA not knowing your ECA was knocking on your door grin
Congrats to you both.

lol @otunba...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by einsteino(m): 1:15pm On Oct 13, 2017
elfmann:
Programmers need to work on it. U shldn't be allowed to select dates in the future.

just checked again, my EE profile bears the correct month and I was so convinced that I filled October. it seems I am losing my consciousness, I need to calm down o. this na just IELTS, If i come get PUM na him be say i go faint.

Kontagious:

Aswear when I read his comment my mind no even go there at all. I was still chanting October lolz
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 1:16pm On Oct 13, 2017
Aussie own na sth oh. If u need 20 points from ielts, no 7.5 on any band oh.. and their occupations have caps. Na Craze their application fee but no POF if u r on subclass 189.
einsteino:

Thanks alot Aig84 for the felicitation. As for your CRS, is that the max attainable score with your profile? if yes, try checking Australia PR to see what your chances are, I know of people that couldnt get canny but got Aussies like it was a cakewalk. Aussie is kinder on age and you can redeem commensurate points you lost for age via work experience. also no points for masters or multiple degrees so it appears they have a more level playing field, and their state nomination is alot easier. However this would depend on your occupation as some occupations are on "pro-rata" and aussie's is more expensive.

Thanks alot MRSDA . I appreciate.

grin thanks alot bbaby84

Thanks so much.

grin I didnt, rather she came to me in the form of my IELTS result
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 1:17pm On Oct 13, 2017
einsteino:

just checked again, my EE profile bears the correct month and I was so convinced that I filled October. it seems I am losing my consciousness, I need to calm down o. this na just IELTS, If i come get PUM na him be say i go faint.
Wetin ur CRS be?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 1:17pm On Oct 13, 2017
elfmann:

Have u maxed all factors?
Hey elfmann, yes I have
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 1:19pm On Oct 13, 2017
Aig84:

Hey elfmann, yes I have
Chai.. You can only wait, may be next May or Ontario will come calling.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by einsteino(m): 1:20pm On Oct 13, 2017
elfmann:
Aussie own na sth oh. If u need 20 points from ielts, no 7.5 on any band oh.. and their occupations have caps. Na Craze their application fee but POF if u r on subclass 189.

yeah. but let him still try, I know of someone who used band 7, they managed the small 10 points and made up for it via work experience, secured state nomination and got their PR. Though the person I know of, his occupation wasnt on pro-rata. let him at least evaluate how much points he can get with a band 7 IELTS and see if he stands a chance.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 1:21pm On Oct 13, 2017
einsteino:

Never for once have I considered Australia, kinda prefer Canada but thanks all the same.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 1:23pm On Oct 13, 2017
einsteino:

yeah. but let him still try, I know of someone who used band 7, they managed the small 10 points and made up for it via work experience, secured state nomination and got their PR. Though the person I know of, his occupation wasnt on pro-rata. let him at least evaluate how much points he can get with a band 7 IELTS and see if he stands a chance.
Yeah.. U r right.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by einsteino(m): 1:23pm On Oct 13, 2017
Aig84:

Never for once have I considered Australia, kinda prefer Canada but thanks all the same.

okay. U are welcome, PNP fall on you.. or hopefully the monthly draws would get low enough.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 1:24pm On Oct 13, 2017
Aig84:

It's a good place oh.. Check them out. We are Johnny Walkers.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 1:25pm On Oct 13, 2017
elfmann:

Chai.. You can only wait, may be next May or Ontario will come calling.
Na Ontario I still take style dey wait o.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 1:25pm On Oct 13, 2017
einsteino:

okay. U are welcome, PNP fall on you.. or hopefully the monthly draws would get low enough.
Amin o, anyway na way o, men must fall in Canny!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 1:26pm On Oct 13, 2017
Aig84:

Yeah.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by talk2jt(f): 1:41pm On Oct 13, 2017
Finally checked my result

Listening 8.5
Reading 8.5
Writing 7.0
Speaking 7.5

Finally entered the pool. My score is 427. I really hope the draws start to come down.

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 1:51pm On Oct 13, 2017
yes we do learn everyday. when I was still on my Australia waka the certificate of good conduct is what u will be directed to on the immigration website and that means this is what is sufficient for Australia but please dont assume its what is also sufficient for Canada becos its clearly seen on CIC what is required and on CIC its not called certificate of good conduct but police clearance certificate becos certificate of good conduct is given by ministry of foreign affairs I think and the latter by the police which CIC is interested in. so please check again lets be sure we're on the same page. meanwhile I'll call the number u posted and confirm what the difference between CGC and PCC is.
Fameli:
@Chuckdee
We learn every day but i can tell you categorically that a Malaysian police certificate also called a Certificate of good conduct can be applied for online at http://www.kln.gov.my/web/guest/home you do not need CIC to send any request. It is sent to their embassy in Abuja when its ready and you get a phone call from them to come and pick it up. You can reach the abuja embassy on +23492908488 to further educate yourself on how to go forward.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Iruosonobrugwhe: 1:55pm On Oct 13, 2017
na the same canoe we dey paddle......i just saw that Ontario reached me to apply from my EE profile since June.

Aig84:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 1:57pm On Oct 13, 2017
Iruosonobrugwhe:
na the same canoe we dey paddle......i just saw that Ontario reached me to apply from my EE profile since June.

I don't quite understand, you mean Ontario has sent you NOI?

(1) (2) (3) ... (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.