Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,103 members, 7,814,875 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (270) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1509476 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by einsteino(m): 6:42am On Oct 13, 2017
Owlette:
British council just had to mess this result up! LRWS- 8, 6.5, 7.5, 7.5. I'm so pissed off. Definitely applying for a remark because I don't have 68k to dash them. See me wey don already dey see myself in Ottawa come April ���

sorry bro. e dey pain wella, i have been there before. was 0.5 short on my listening last year. If you have spare funds, also apply for another. reading and listening do not have same chances of upgrade as speaking and writing. Though some have been lucky to see an upgrade. God go do am.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Santino1(m): 6:46am On Oct 13, 2017
flyca:
@justwise @40manlappy @Santino1 @Kontagious @threadstone @all

Please does anyone know how long this program will last?

I just got employed in a good company - where I get professional experiences related to my field of study with good pay. And something tells me I should grow a bit in this company before relocating. But then again, I don't know how long this is gonna last.

Anyone help please.

If you follow closely the Canadian immigration, you'd see the Canadian government is actively pushing for more immigrants (e.g. cutting down the number of years for PR and citizenship, giving more points to applicants with siblings and so on). Thus, I believe EE is not going anywhere anytime soon. At least not in the foreseeable future.

I'd advise you to weigh your options carefully and decide what's best for you in the long term.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by flyca: 6:48am On Oct 13, 2017
einsteino:

wait. lemme get you straight, if u dont live in naija, why are you considering leaving your present location since you say you have a good job there? PNP isnt as easy as you think, i may be wrong but PNP does require POF.
Yea, you are right - the reason why I want to leave my present location is choice - just choice.

PNP is not easy but when you have what to offer - when you are convincingly good at what you do, it becomes easier. So I wanna see if I can get there. I think I've got what it takes to get there. And also, PNP doesn't require POF.

Also with good job experience, you can apply randomly for Canadian jobs. And your employer gives you an LMIA number which adds 600 points to your score and automatic ITA!

I got all these info from online sources.

My problem now is how to time right. Any help?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by agates: 6:49am On Oct 13, 2017
WES ECA completed in 15 working days; many thanks to this forum, the tips here were very helpful. Just to help someone who is starting the process. i registered and paid the fee (i tried to use a GT card it didnt work even when i chose credit card and my card is debit); so i ended up using a foreign card. I faxed my certificate on the 22nd of September using hellofax and used digitary to send my transcript details. I got my ECA today.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Santino1(m): 6:52am On Oct 13, 2017
flyca:

Yea, you are right - the reason why I want to leave my present location is choice - just choice.

PNP is not easy but when you have what to offer - when you are convincingly good at what you do, it becomes easier. So I wanna see if I can get there. I think I've got what it takes to get there. And also, PNP doesn't require POF.

The problem with that is that most PNP at the moment are kinda tough (either you require a job offer or some previous ties to the province in question) except PEI and Nova Scotia (if your occupation is on the list of priority occupation).

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by flyca: 6:59am On Oct 13, 2017
Santino1:

The problem with that is that most PNP at the moment are kinda tough (either you require a job offer or some previous ties to the province in question) except PEI and Nova Scotia (if your occupation is on the list of priority occupation).

Would it be any easier with a good and required job experience? I'm looking at applying Power Systems Engineering jobs in BC? I saw many Canadian jobs on LinkedIn and co with requirements that I already have and the rest I could get in the next 12months. I could expertise in programming a PLC using TwinCAT and Siemens. Adding to what I already have.

Isn't this gonna give me a leeway? What do you think please.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by einsteino(m): 7:05am On Oct 13, 2017
flyca:

I am still skeptical about PNP not needing POF, too lazy to research it, so i would leave the experienced folks to confirm that.
in all, its really up to you. santino pointed out that canny is pushing for more immigrants as indicated from their liberal immigration policies; this is true. but what he forgot to say is that this is because the govt in charge is liberal, though they may be re-elected, no one can say with conviction that a conservative govt wouldnt come in and shake things a bit.

moreso, the reduction in minimum years to meet eligibility for citizenship implies those who study in canada and proceed to pgwp would now be able to fill up a portion of the immigration quota faster. Also, this reduction would be an incentive for immigrants to pick canny over the likes of australia, coupled with the fact that canny's is cheaper and less stringent process. this would mean far more people would be in the pool soon and consequently higher cutoffs for draws, all things being equal.

all i am saying is, tomorrow is not promised. Many of us applying for this EE still do not have the POF that is dissuading you from the EE. some didnt even have money for ECA, na play play dem take sort am out one at a time. I would say look inwards and see if there is more you could do, speak to family and see if they could gift you part of the money.

but you know what best suits you, so whatever you choose is fine.

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Santino1(m): 7:07am On Oct 13, 2017
flyca:

Would it be any easier with a good and required job experience? I'm looking at applying Power Systems Engineering jobs in BC? I saw many Canadian jobs on LinkedIn and co with requirements that I already have and the rest I could get in the next 12months. I could expertise in programming a PLC using TwinCAT and Siemens. Adding to what I already have.

Isn't this gonna give me a leeway? What do you think please.

I don't see why not. People get jobs all over the world everyday without being physically present in that country.

I guess there's one way to find out, try. It never hurts to try. Good luck
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by talk2jt(f): 7:09am On Oct 13, 2017
Good morning guys,

I haven't been able to view my ielts result. Keeps saying no results found. Anyone having this issue? I plan to go to their office this morning to pick up my TRF.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by flyca: 7:10am On Oct 13, 2017
einsteino:

I am still skeptical about PNP not needing POF, too lazy to research it, so i would leave the experienced folks to confirm that.
in all, its really up to you. santino pointed out that canny is pushing for more immigrants as indicated from their liberal immigration policies; this is true. but what he forgot to say is that this is because the govt in charge is liberal, though they may be re-elected, no one can say with conviction that a conservative govt wouldnt come in and shake things a bit.

moreso, the reduction in minimum years to meet eligibility for citizenship implies those who study in canada and proceed to pgwp would now be able to fill up a portion of the immigration quota faster. Also, this reduction would be an incentive for immigrants to pick canny over the likes of australia, coupled with the fact that canny's is cheaper and less stringent process. this would mean far more people would be in the pool soon and consequently higher cutoffs for draws, all things being equal.

all i am saying is, tomorrow is not promised. Many of us applying for this EE still do not have the POF that is dissuading you from the EE. some didnt even have money for ECA, na play play dem take sort am out one at a time. I would say look inwards and see if there is more you could do, speak to family and see if they could gift you part of the money.

but you know what best suits you, so whatever you choose is fine.
Thank you so much

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 7:27am On Oct 13, 2017
Kingbukaz:
Below is my profile

Qualification : bsc in public administration
Experience: 6 years
Ielts: yet to be taken
I will like to know my chance? Will like know if anyone with public administration bsc has gone through this successfully? How long will the whole process take. O heard is faster now
check page 0
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 7:28am On Oct 13, 2017
einsteino:

what do u mean by 60k? pls tell me it is NAIRA not CAD .. abi na 1986 exchange rate you dey use? be like i go replace EVANS for kidnapping o! at least i don already do PCC, so if dem catch me, no suppose fit jonse my EE application,

walahi this life no just fair.. i never still know where i go get 12300cad, meanwhile baba santino1 dey here dey tell CIC " whats 12300cad? thats too low, c'mon you can keep the change ".

if CIC no give u extra CRS points for this kudi eh...lol
buhahahahhah
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 7:37am On Oct 13, 2017
flyca:
@justwise @40manlappy @Santino1 @Kontagious @threadstone @all

Please does anyone know how long this program will last?

I just got employed in a good company - where I get professional experiences related to my field of study with good pay. And something tells me I should grow a bit in this company before relocating. But then again, I don't know how long this is gonna last.

Anyone help please.
u will have to pm or email Justin Trudeau.

On d serious note.. One can't say for sure.. But get ur PR and den make up ur mind after that... Or trying to be traveling to maintain status while u grow in this company... I know a couple of people who are in their jobs in naija but are residents

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by flyca: 7:45am On Oct 13, 2017
Hephgirl:
u will have to pm or email Justin Trudeau.

On d serious note.. One can't say for sure.. But get ur PR and den make up ur mind after that... Or trying to be traveling to maintain status while u grow in this company... I know a couple of people who are in their jobs in naija but are residents

Travelling? You mean after I get a PR? Or travelling to Canada? Or around the world generally?

I don't live and work in Nigeria. And I have toured quite a few countries in the recent years - not Canda. Does this help too?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 7:51am On Oct 13, 2017
einsteino:

see eh better apply for the permanent residence/EE, if you get it, you can do short landing and return back to Nigeria to continue your job... i hope its shell or Schlumberger job sha grin. On a more serious note, its important to always keep your options open. I also think the younger you are when you leave naija, the easier it is to setlle and rebuild your life. so if the pr been think say na only when person die na him family dey share e property o.
except for managerial position or u go offshore steady... Their pay no b am. D day I heard their pay... I almost choked in shock
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 7:51am On Oct 13, 2017
einsteino:

wait. lemme get you straight, if u dont live in naija, why are you considering leaving your present location since you say you have a good job there? PNP isnt as easy as you think, i may be wrong but PNP does require POF.
I have a person who has a good job in Juba.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 7:52am On Oct 13, 2017
flyca:

Travelling? You mean after I get a PR? Or travelling to Canada? Or around the world generally?

I don't live and work in Nigeria. And I have toured quite a few countries in the recent years - not Canda. Does this help too?
I mean to and fro Canada from time to time to maintain ur PR status
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by einsteino(m): 7:53am On Oct 13, 2017
special thanks to all who motivated and gingered me during the IELTS wahala, especially kontagious, Derei, Bimpsy99, elfmann, veritas3, impish, bbaby84, hephgirl, yookus, Dhimmy, Abby2017 and cochtrane . i remember i felt bad that i didnt do so well in my speaking test. the listening test came and i found myself struggling with the matching part of it. Well God came through for me in the end.

my ielts history is as follows

IELTS Academic, 2014.. LRWS 8.5, 7.5, 7, 7
IELTS General Nov 2016.. LRWS 7.5, 8, 7.5, 8
IELTS General Sept 2017.. LRWS 8.5, 8, 7.5, 7.5
(no more free money to British council for english wey we dey speak since nineteen gbiri gidi)

to those who didnt get their desired IELTS scores, i understand its an emotional torture to have to go through the stress again and expend scarce funds... but there is a moniker of one of us that you could draw strength from, it says "slowlybutsurely"

may the odds be in your favour.

32 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 7:53am On Oct 13, 2017
flyca:

Na page zero get u, Walahi.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 7:55am On Oct 13, 2017
Owlette:
British council just had to mess this result up! LRWS- 8, 6.5, 7.5, 7.5. I'm so pissed off. Definitely applying for a remark because I don't have 68k to dash them. See me wey don already dey see myself in Ottawa come April ���
But it will still happen...

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 7:55am On Oct 13, 2017
einsteino:
special thanks to all who motivated and gingered me during the IELTS wahala, especially kontagious, Derei, Bimpsy99, elfmann, veritas3, impish, bbaby84, hephgirl, yookus, Dhimmy, Abby2017 and cochtrane . i remember i felt bad that i didnt do so well in my speaking test. the listening test came and i found myself struggling with the matching part of it. Well God came through for me in the end.

IELTS General Oct 2017.. LRWS 8.5, 8, 7.5, 7.5
(no more free money to British council for english wey we dey speak since nineteen gbiri gidi)

to those who may didnt get their desired IELTS scores, i understand its an emotional torture to have to go through the stress again and expend scarce funds... but there is a moniker of one of us that you could draw strength from, it says "slowlybutsurely"

Is this that of September 30? Omo.. Na beer things! U dey Lag?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nozzle(m): 7:55am On Oct 13, 2017
talk2jt:
Good morning guys,

I haven't been able to view my ielts result. Keeps saying no results found. Anyone having this issue? I plan to go to their office this morning to pick up my TRF.

'No result found' is usually when the results are not ready. But if you have crossed the 13-day mark, and you've obviously seen others get results for same test dates then i think you should call or visit their office, its either there is something wrong with their system or your result has been sampled out for re-mark i guess.

However the case, i have a strong feeling you have a good score. wink
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by flyca: 7:57am On Oct 13, 2017
Hephgirl:
I mean to and fro Canada from time to time to maintain ur PR status
Oh, oh. I understand now. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 7:57am On Oct 13, 2017
Hephgirl:
check page 0
Page 0 candidates aplenty faa.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 7:58am On Oct 13, 2017
einsteino:

IELTS General Oct 2017.. LRWS 8.5, 8, 7.5, 7.5

to those who may didnt get their desired IELTS scores, i understand its an emotional torture to have to go through the stress again and expend scarce funds... but there is a moniker of one of us that you could draw strength from, it says "slowlybutsurely"

OMG.... I'm so happy for u... Wow.
Congratulations o... Done and dusted... Hope eca is ready...

wait...
Pause....

My name is in VOTE OF THANKS... Their fada... #Popscollar buhahahhahahahha

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 7:59am On Oct 13, 2017
einsteino:

grin boss eh.. clear say no be the same world all of us dey live in. I dont see what santino1 is going to canada to do, many canadians no get that kind money as closing balance. e for just hustle some more, carry the money come contest for election for naija. turn constituted authority, even if na local govt chairman.
my chest buhahahahhah

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by einsteino(m): 8:03am On Oct 13, 2017
elfmann:

Is this that of September 30? Omo.. Na beer things! U dey Lag?

I never enter lag yet. yes na sept 30th own.

as in eh on a normal i for dey dilute my blood with some chilled beer already.. but that case of Davido friend wey dem dey call Tagbo still fresh for my head grin

and the guy too bin dey pursue visa o.. abeg na mineral i go drink for now o. na when person banga wan ripe, na that time rabbit dey like finish e forty days fasting.

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 8:05am On Oct 13, 2017
einsteino:

Congrats! Na double celebration for you. wink Good IELTS result plus "Ivie's" connection grin

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by einsteino(m): 8:10am On Oct 13, 2017
GlitteringStar:

Congrats! Na double celebration for you. wink Good IELTS result plus "Ivie" connection grin

chisos! you still remember grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 8:12am On Oct 13, 2017
einsteino:

I never enter lag yet. no na oct 30th own.

as in eh on a normal i for dey dilute my blood with some chilled beer already.. but that case of Davido friend wey dem dey call Tagbo still fresh for my head grin

and the guy too bin dey pursue visa o.. abeg na mineral i go drink for now, na when person banga wan ripe na that time rabbit dey like finish e forty days fasting.
Oct 30th..chai.. Caeon come oh.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 8:13am On Oct 13, 2017
einsteino:

chisos! you still remember grin
Done with ECA? .. Ivie... Here we come.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 8:16am On Oct 13, 2017
einsteino:

I never enter lag yet. no na oct 30th own.

and the guy too bin dey pursue visa o.. abeg na mineral i go drink for now o. na when person banga wan ripe, na that time rabbit dey like finish e forty days fasting.
Old boy.. No be beer those guys dey take.. Codeine, Gbanaa, Cocain, SK and their mixture.. Na die be that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.