Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,081 members, 7,811,028 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:11 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (412) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1506912 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by fonseca1929: 3:03pm On Nov 07, 2017
smslive2:
Why not wait till when you get your ITA and apply before getting married? If you marry after AOR, it wont affect your score anymore. However, you need to ensure you have enough POF for family of 2 as you would be required to update your POF since the family composition has now changed.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by geebaby10: 3:08pm On Nov 07, 2017
Boss13:

I salute your decision. Investment-wise, it is sound. In my opinion, as long as there is a trail of the money outflow from fixed deposit to Tbills, I think, then you are fine. In fact, you may not get ADR. It is very possible.

I wish you the best of luck. If you are not yet in the WhatsApp group for LVO, try to join. If you are then that’s alright.

Thank you. I am not on the LVO whatsapp group oh. Please how do I join?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nochis1: 3:09pm On Nov 07, 2017
[quote author=codew0rks post=62124359]Have they sent your transcript to WES? when did you apply?

My transcript was sent from WES to futo on November 1st and since then I've been trying to reach someone over there to help follow through d verification process
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 3:14pm On Nov 07, 2017
TEECANN:
Good day house,

I appreciate the good work going on here...

I kindly request the elders' thoughts on the following:

1. I want to rearrange the names of my kids on their birth certificates and passports, ie make their first names middle names. I applied to SINP for the PNP points and I want to know whether it will be in order to do effect the names rearrangements before ITA (as their passports will be expiring soon)

2. Can I use a different NOC from the one I used to apply to SINP when I want to put in my application post ITA? (though the NOC is very similar and in the same job family)

3. Perchance I retake IELTS and have a higher score that lands me an ITA before SINP's nomination falls through, can I go ahead with that direct ITA and ignore the SINP nomination?

4. If my Employer's Offer Letter doesn't contain my job role but reflects only the level on which I was employed on Eg. Offer Letter says he is employed as an ASSISTANT MANAGER but did not say he is an HR ANALYST. If Employment Reference Letter now reflects the HR ANALYST job role only, hope it will not be an issue for the VO?

5. When exactly is the right timeline to do PCC (Alagbon runz) and Medicals in advance after clinching ITA? Does ALAGBON RUNZ take time and cumbersome?

Thank you as it will all end in praise for us!!!
Hi sis, bro sorry.

1.) I don’t know the reason behind these rearrangement but from people’s comment, looks like both can be interchanged on documents. Then, I doubt you can effect that switch on the passports without making significant payment to NIS. The money might not be a small matter o but then a trial will either convince or confuse you to go ahead.

2.) I really don’t know about this as you will be getting points from PNP, remember there are select NOCs in most PNP programmes. The NOC you are changing too might be the deciding factor, if it’s in the demand list, then you may use your LOE to explain but if it’s not, serious something I think. Those with better knowledge will put mouth.

3.) Yes, I know I’ve read of at least a case here who received invitation from a province, was still contemplating of applying but then, ITA proper fell on him/her… Went ahead with the ITA and guyman must be chopping with Justin Trudeau by now sef.

4.) No issue here, you really don’t need employment offer if you get reference letter in the required format though our Boss will say still provide employment offer but I’d rather give what is asked which is the reference letter.

5.) Medicals, close to when you want to submit your application most people will advise. PCC, to be safe, can be done within three months to when you intend to submit, say about same time with Medicals and the PCC should take not more than an hour to get.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by 4wearegreat: 3:22pm On Nov 07, 2017
smslive2:
I just saw the below on Canada Forum.... BEWARE!!! CIC do verify employment reference ooooo

Avoid story that touch, if you cant get a document, USE YOUR LOE!!!

Yea, I know of an instance where a Senior Manager was sacked because he provided reference letter to a Junior Colleague. Per the company's policy, such letter should originate from HR. To make matter worse, the company issued a disclaimer on the authenticity of the letter to CIC....................the rest na story that touch cry cry

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 3:23pm On Nov 07, 2017
Make you stay and represent all of us since na you God give the idea.
sleekysilk:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by smslive2: 3:26pm On Nov 07, 2017
Hehehehe... It is well ooo
Make the Senior Manager collect the guy's POF and apply for Express Entry jeje

4wearegreat:

Yea, I know of an instance where a Senior Manager was sacked because he provided reference letter to a Junior Colleague. Per the company's policy, such letter should originate from HR. To make matter worse, the company issued a disclaimer on the authenticity of the letter to CIC....................the rest na story that touch cry cry

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Seyitorl: 3:35pm On Nov 07, 2017
Ekasan gbo gbo ile o.
Pls i would like clarrification on the issue of not working in ur field of study.
I just dey get ready to enter pool, so i am putting documents together but i havent wriiten ielts as i keep going below 8 in my listening practise making me jittery Now my question is: i have a 4years as an health safety officer but i studied masscommunication i have a bsc in mass communication.but only a proffesional certificate i health and safety. I did work like a year as a journalist but changed career path to health safety which i have A 4YEARS EXPERIENCE ( fulltime paid job) which falls under Noc B .althogh i am presently not working full time like i used to but i do more of consulting.
I would like to know if its possible to go ahead with using my experience in health and safety and if the vo will not see it awkward from masscomm to hse.
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by manlikegb: 3:39pm On Nov 07, 2017
TEECANN:
Good day house,

4. If my Employer's Offer Letter doesn't contain my job role but reflects only the level on which I was employed on Eg. Offer Letter says he is employed as an ASSISTANT MANAGER but did not say he is an HR ANALYST. If Employment Reference Letter now reflects the HR ANALYST job role only, hope it will not be an issue for the VO?

(Help me arrange my thoughts regarding the above, e joo. God bless)
Kontagious:

Hi sis, bro sorry.

4.) No issue here, you really don’t need employment offer if you get reference letter in the required format though our Boss will say still provide employment offer but I’d rather give what is asked which is the reference letter.

How about in a situation whereby the applicant is unable to get a reference letter in cic format?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 3:39pm On Nov 07, 2017
Itissettled3:
Thank you very much.

Thankkkkk youuuuuu sooooooo much.

You are welcome
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 3:40pm On Nov 07, 2017
manlikegb:

How about in a situation whereby the applicant is unable to get a reference letter in cic format?

Write a letter on a plain sheet of paper in the required format. Get it notarised and proof of employment

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by phf2be: 3:41pm On Nov 07, 2017
lmao grin
Owols:
this is a joke, right?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Seyitorl: 3:43pm On Nov 07, 2017
Seyitorl:
Ekasan gbo gbo ile o.
Pls i would like clarrification on the issue of not working in ur field of study.
I just dey get ready to enter pool, so i am putting documents together but i havent wriiten ielts as i keep going below 8 in my listening practise making me jittery Now my question is: i have a 4years as an health safety officer but i studied masscommunication i have a bsc in mass communication.but only a proffesional certificate i health and safety. I did work like a year as a journalist but changed career path to health safety which i have A 4YEARS EXPERIENCE ( fulltime paid job) which falls under Noc B .althogh i am presently not working full time like i used to but i do more of consulting.
I would like to know if its possible to go ahead with using my experience in health and safety and if the vo will not see it awkward from masscomm to hse.
Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 3:48pm On Nov 07, 2017
If you asked for a letter from your office and the office has refused,do not go through the back door by cutting coners.
1. Write a letter on a plain sheet in the required format.
2. Get it notarised
3. Write a letter of explanation staying in that your office refused to give the letter and if there is proof through email correspondence include it.
4. Proof of employment : Employment letter ,ID card, payslips bank statement.

5.(Rolling my eyes) for LVO a tattoo of your office logo on a conspicuous part of your body,pictures of you and your colleagues in your office aso ebi, picture of you standing in front of your office sign post and so many more LVO attachments.

6. No 5 is irrelevant

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Canadianfly: 3:50pm On Nov 07, 2017
Seyitorl:
Ekasan gbo gbo ile o.
Thanks.

This no be Australian PR. You are fine with your 4 years work experience, regardless of your major in school.

On a side note and this is not meant to yab you, your writing needs to IMPROVE and your SPELLING. I say this because IELTS Writing is not a joke. You need to practice all components of the test. Improve in your Speaking too (I'm guessing this needs improvement from your writing).
Practice and practice even more. Visit E2 Language on YouTube and listen to the Speaking and Writing videos by Jay. All the best.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 3:51pm On Nov 07, 2017
Issyman:
My dear, I strongly believe that there is no increase cos I got d same mail yesterday, I ve visited their office this morning and there was no upgrade. From my research yesterday, if there was an upgrade, they will inform the candidate in the mail as posted by @elfman above. Also read same on the Canada visa forum.
Choi, BC chopped your 68k plus another 15k. Choi. Sorry Bro. Took how long to get this mail please.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by smslive2: 3:54pm On Nov 07, 2017
If you like study Yoruba Education... its not relevant in this journey... Your 4 years Experience is all that matters.

Seyitorl:
Ekasan gbo gbo ile o.
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by smslive2: 3:56pm On Nov 07, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin Buahahaha @ 5 below

Hamiltondreamer:
If you asked for a letter from your office and the office has refused,do not go through the back door by cutting coners.
2. Get it notarised
3. Write a letter of explanation staying in that your office refused to give the letter and if there is proof through email correspondence include it.

5.(Rolling my eyes) for LVO a tattoo of your office logo on a conspicuous part of your body,pictures of you and your colleagues in your office aso ebi, picture of you standing in front of your office sign post and so many more LVO attachments.

6. No 5 is irrelevant
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by esosa4real(m): 4:02pm On Nov 07, 2017
smslive2:
I just saw the below on Canada Forum.... BEWARE!!! CIC do verify employment reference ooooo

Avoid story that touch, if you cant get a document, USE YOUR LOE!!!

Hi All,
I have a query on reference letter.
My current company didnt provide me a reference letter, so i have asked my manager to provide that. He agreed for the same but on plain paper as he doesnt want to go against HR/company policy. He has given his visiting card and office id along with the letter.

Now CIC has dropped him a mail for verification and asked for my details and kept HR in copy (got it from company website - Contact us). Also they have asked approval from HR on my employment and roles/Responsibility. Manager has to get approval from HR and then reply to CIC.

Now this is a problem. He helped me against policy but now HR is also aware of. Anyways HR will not respond for sure. so what should I do. I am not sure, if my manager will also respond.

Thanks.

Although it's not a norm, cic sporadically verify employment of some applicants but not everyone.

I have heard about a few nigerian employments especially those in banking industry been verified in the past but it's very popular amongst the indian applicants.

Anyways its important to tidy our employment history. Some people have faked employments and gotten away with it because CIC did not check but it's advisable to use only true employment and show necessary proof so you don't end up on DISCOVERY CHANNEL....LOL grin

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Teatop1234: 4:02pm On Nov 07, 2017
Some ppl I know submitted their letter of employment/ confirmation with notarized LOE which contained their job description.

manlikegb:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by esosa4real(m): 4:05pm On Nov 07, 2017
Hamiltondreamer:
2. Get it notarised

6. No 5 is irrelevant

Hahahahaha. ......see wetin LVO dey cause!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by smslive2: 4:06pm On Nov 07, 2017
esosa4real:

Although it's not a norm, cic sporadically verify employment of some applicants but not everyone.

I have heard about a few nigerian employments especially those in banking industry been verified in the past but it's very popular amongst the indian applicants.

Anyways its important to tidy our employment history. Some people have faked employments and gotten away with it because CIC did not check but it's advisable to use only true employment and show necessary proof so you don't end up on DISCOVERY CHANNEL....LOL grin

LMAO

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by linuslynx: 4:07pm On Nov 07, 2017
This makes a lot of sense especially for we that work for some employers that may include your name in the next sack list after they grudgingly give you the reference letter.

Hamiltondreamer:
2. Get it notarised

6. No 5 is irrelevant

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Seyitorl: 4:13pm On Nov 07, 2017
Canadianfly:

This no be Australian PR. You are fine with your 4 years work experience, regardless of your major in school.

On a side note and this is not meant to yab you, your writing needs to IMPROVE and your SPELLING. I say this because IELTS Writing is not a joke. You need to practice all components of the test. Improve in your Speaking too (I'm guessing this needs improvement from your writing).
Practice and practice even more. Visit E2 Language on YouTube and listen to the Speaking and Writing videos by Jay. All the best.

Thank you sir/ma.
Will do that.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 4:13pm On Nov 07, 2017
ferfer:

Takes a discerning government that has records and not skewed statistics/lack of will to feel such impact.
You nailed it.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 4:14pm On Nov 07, 2017
DEEAJA:
Good day great people.
I sent my ATS transcript to WES in October in sealed and stamped envelope as requiered. When i checked my profile like 4days after entering the tracking number, it showed dat it has been( received but give few days for processing). I later checked 3 days after and it was updated on my profile that the transcript had been received and i do not need to do anything at this point. I later checked my profile few days after to see if they had sent to ICAN office for verification but to my greatest surprise, the profile has suddenly changed to ATS transcript not received. I sent a mail to them on this and they replied that i shld send my tracking no which i have done but since then they kept mute after several mails and reminders. The status still remains the same as Transcript Not received. Can anyone advise on what to do? Im really tired of this as this is over month now
There is a chance the transcript may have been opened before deliver to WES. That could be why they've not updated it on your profile after receiving it. You need to follow up with WES to ensure your transcript was delivered intact.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 4:17pm On Nov 07, 2017
esosa4real:

Hahahahaha. ......see wetin LVO dey cause!!
Na so ooo. LVO stays bossing.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by esosa4real(m): 4:17pm On Nov 07, 2017
ugoiyke79e:

Wowww. my brother!! Arabian Doctor!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
This wait has been something else.
I am happy for you.
I cant forget how you were always encouraging me to believe that my low crs will one day fall within d draw cut offs.
You were the first to announce d dropping crs cut off to me....
You gingered me to tidy up my EE profile and start getting documents.
You sent me a real-time draft of your reference letter....
You rejeoiced with me when i got ITA...
You followed me up till i submitted....
You drew my attention to the pcc finger prints form issue....
You worried with me and encouraged me on how to tackle my black and white pcc issue....
You were in d waiting game with me while we started making other contacts and preparations for life in Canada....
You rejoiced with me when ppr showed.....
You ve joked about the excruciating wait.....your possitivity is just so infective.

I rejoice with you my brother....eeee nor easyyy at alllll and last last, all bone na bone! you don really blow cos dis ppr is d icing on your honeymoon cake...white christmas for you and wifey!!!! Congrats once again

Thanks my sister!! You have been fabulous all through the wait period. God will continue to bless our patient hustle and we shall all rejoice our progress together as one family. See you in canada!! grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by dchamp19: 4:27pm On Nov 07, 2017
Please @Kontagious and @Boss13, i sent you messages. Kindly respond. Thank you very much
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by chizilulu(f): 4:37pm On Nov 07, 2017
ayodeji2017:

Pls I'm still expecting answers from member of the house on 1 and 2 above. I've gotten the answer for question 3 from one of the pages on this thread .Thanks everyone.

2. IQAS evaluated my UI MSc degree and it was not downgraded. The result read COMPARATIVE LEVELS OF ACHIEVEMENT IN CANADA. I do not expect it to be different with WES.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by RuggedArab: 4:45pm On Nov 07, 2017
Boss13:

From what I can interprete from your post, you are still deciding on immigrating to Canada because you want to wait for the outcome of your result. First, you have to decided that this is what you want and there is no going back. At this point, it is important you gather the financial resources because once your IELTS turns out good, you would be getting your ITA with only 3 months left to submit.

If you can get the cash now, please do. Don’t wait for the outcome of your result. You can do a 6 months Tbills.

Good luck

Boss13

What if I have a sponsor...... do I still need 3months/6months bank statement? or once I get the ITA my sponsor transfers the money, I get the letter of gift deed and submit?

(1) (2) (3) ... (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.