Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,671 members, 7,816,760 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (539) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1511051 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Newmum0615: 2:57pm On Nov 29, 2017
You don't need to add a sheet of paper. There is provision for including a cover note already attached to the application. Look out for it.
Favoredme:

@unstoppable, use hellofaxdotcom or myfaxdotcom or faxzerodotcom and follow their instructions. Use a plain sheet of paper to indicate your reference number and name. Then fax both that and your certificates to WES via 4169729004.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by tbaby2015: 3:01pm On Nov 29, 2017
bbaby84:
Thank you everybody I'm so overwhelmed with the messages. Thank you so much! I imagined how I would feel on this day.... I'm so overwhelmed that it seems like I'm not as happy as everyone is for me.

Our application:
Hubby is the PA but still I handled everything from WES to POF.
I had a bout of insomnia at some point ( thanks to FBI as I submitted one set of fingerprints.) Thanks to @yokus for helping me stay sane lol
I used the LOE to list and explain all we had submitted. I submitted xe pages to convert our POF and lock it down. I submitted pictures of my sibling and I at different points of our lives ( I claimed points for Canadian sibling) including specified documents (mortgage bills, driver's license, passport, marriage certificate etc)

When we finally submitted we were asked for travel history for hubby and resident permit for the years he lived in the UK. (This shook me as hubby had 5-6 years in the UK where he had no resident permit) We explained the issues with home office on a letter and the issues he had with his Uni and fees etc and he still had to finish his school since he had eventually sorted out school fees but Home Office still refused to renew the visa. After his studies he came home. I scanned and uploaded previous permits, school ID and fees receipt for his MSC. We told the truth (long and short).
Then I found out we had been transferred to London, I thought 'oh boy!'

When I got the message to check the CIC account today, I thought what do they want now? Alas! It was PPR.

I wish everyone the best on this journey.
@40manlappy @blackbuddy @yokus and everyone that helped me along the way, I am so grateful...
Thank you.

Could only have been God. Congrats dear!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Macy4real200: 3:15pm On Nov 29, 2017
Good afternoon good people. While trying to pay for WES, I discovered I can't use my first Bank mastercard(debit card). My colleague has a GTB card. Can I use his card to pay WES? Hope it won't be a problem. I need ur suggestions pls
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by mcstan18(m): 3:23pm On Nov 29, 2017
Macy4real200:
Good afternoon good people. While trying to pay for WES, I discovered I can't use my first Bank mastercard(debit card). My colleague has a GTB card. Can I use his card to pay WES? Hope it won't be a problem. I need ur suggestions pls

YES! You can. I think First bank has been having issues lately with card payment gateways cos I also faced same problem. Initially, I thought the problem was from WES that I almost attempted dollar transfer that would've cost me circa $25. However, I decided to try a colleague's GTBank card and voila! it went through.

So speaking from direct experience, you may proceed without fear.

PS: The Naira equivalent of what was deducted was about 69k, in case you wanted to ask

Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by threadstone(m): 3:24pm On Nov 29, 2017
Macy4real200:

No problem as long as card is adequately funded and payment is transmitted. Ive used Naira debit card for wes a couple of times.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Shadow247: 3:30pm On Nov 29, 2017
Hello house, I want to register for wes, I was giving my transcript from my school tai solarin university of education to send to wes canada. I need clarification on some things

1. I was given my transcript sealed and stamped but not signed on the envelope.can I send the transcript through ups or dhl outside the state of where I obtained my degree certificate? Is this an issue?
2.I started from 200level as a direct entry student, can the transcript be evaluated if I started from 200level?

Please I need your prompt advise.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Adekoolz(m): 3:44pm On Nov 29, 2017
sweetrie:

1) You have to request another transcript. The school should send it to WES
2) Go through the thread again, alot of people have shared what worked for them
3) This decision can only be made by you. Get more info about EE and Masters and do an analysis on the one which will benefit you more. Decide this before writing IELTS.

Many thanks for the feedback, its greatly appreciated. can I send you an email if you don't mind?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Adekoolz(m): 3:48pm On Nov 29, 2017
Very grateful for the feedback..thanks.

mcstan18:

1). You have to request another transcript. Check the requirements by WES at https://www.wes.org/required-documents/
2). Check on YouTube. There are myriads of video materials that are really good for study and practice. You may also wish to check http://ieltsliz.com/. It's a very good resource.
3). If I were your age with the number of years of work experience etc, I'd give IELTS a shot and go through the EE route. I think you'd stand a very good chance there.

Good luck in your decision making
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Macy4real200: 3:49pm On Nov 29, 2017
So grateful, do u know I stupidly chose courier that will cost me extra 85 dollars. And I've submitted my WES application and yet to pay. Don't know if there is a way I can edit the payment to chose the standard mail of 7 dollars? Any ideas?
mcstan18:

YES! You can. I think First bank has been having issues lately with card payment gateways cos I also faced same problem. Initially, I thought the problem was from WES that I almost attempted dollar transfer that would've cost me circa $25. However, I decided to try a colleague's GTBank card and voila! it went through.

So speaking from direct experience, you may proceed without fear.

PS: The Naira equivalent of what was deducted was about 69k, in case you wanted to ask

Cheers!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Macy4real200: 3:57pm On Nov 29, 2017
Thanks

threadstone:

No problem as long as card is adequately funded and payment is transmitted. Ive used Naira debit card for wes a couple of times.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by mcstan18(m): 4:01pm On Nov 29, 2017
Macy4real200:
So grateful, do u know I stupidly chose courier that will cost me extra 85 dollars. And I've submitted my WES application and yet to pay. Don't know if there is a way I can edit the payment to chose the standard mail of 7 dollars? Any ideas?

Since you haven't paid, I think you can still edit that option by clicking on the "Modify my order" button on your WES account (see the attached image for reference). It isn't editable for me but I guess it's because I've already made payment

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by rainazoe: 4:10pm On Nov 29, 2017
I just got PPR and we have to submit our passports within 15days. The issue now is that I have an international trip due in two weeks. Can I raise a CSE to request for a deadline or submit the passport and hope to get it back before my trip?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Newmum0615: 4:16pm On Nov 29, 2017
ITA posts will revive this sleeping thread shortly.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by shygunXs(m): 4:16pm On Nov 29, 2017
kay2011:

Can the seniors in the house kindly beg Accra to send my "pick up mail" na. I need my passport fa.

Ok, I no do again. I want my passport to go to Zimbabwe since govt has changed.

Ki lo de gan? CIO kept my application for plenty time, London Visa Office used my application do relay race. As if that was not enough, Accra too dey do them own.

I need my passport o

Do they send the passport to 2 different Visa offices? Like London and Accra? Isnt it supposed to be one VO? undecided
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MissG(f): 4:28pm On Nov 29, 2017
Hello All,

I got an ADR request for travel history (supplementary travel info form) for my husband and I.

We both have extensive travel history and I tried my best to put all our travel details in our application. The only ones I didnt include were ports our Carribean cruiseship stopped on two cruise trips as we were not stamped in at the ports (countries) but only got stamped in the USA where the cruise started.

Is this an issue? Should I include them in the form now and include a LOE.

If the officer handling our application is extra snd checks our Facebook accounts , they will find pictures from some of the ports (countries).

Your advise will be appreciated.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by threadstone(m): 4:31pm On Nov 29, 2017
shygunXs:

Do they send the passport to 2 different Visa offices? Like London and Accra? Isnt it supposed to be one VO? undecided

It means London processed the application but the passport was sent to Accra VO for stamping and COPR

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by superdoll: 4:31pm On Nov 29, 2017
This proof of fund issue..........
My husband jst transfered the full amount to my account from him his corporate account in 2 tranches . Coming from a coporate account , What do i do please.
Cc: dupshyo , santino1, kontagious, cochrane , elfmann
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 4:40pm On Nov 29, 2017
mcstan18:

grin grin grin see ehn, my spirit has long travelled too

As in eh.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 4:41pm On Nov 29, 2017
mcstan18:

What art thou waiting for? Wetin be the total points?

I have dived into the pool o. Score is 437.

Keeping fingers crossed.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by XX01(f): 4:41pm On Nov 29, 2017
rainazoe:
I just got PPR and we have to submit our passports within 15days. The issue now is that I have an international trip due in two weeks. Can I raise a CSE to request for a deadline or submit the passport and hope to get it back before my trip?

Request for extension till after your trip. No way your application will come back stamped before your trip. Include details of your travel and when you will return so that they can give you 7/15 days after that.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by yokus(f): 4:41pm On Nov 29, 2017
Just so we know
Today I learnt that you can recieve PPR in two ways. I got a direct email in my email addy from- cpc-ctd-ottawa@cic.gc.ca OR get an email telling you there is an update in ur cic acc where you download the golden mail.
I got curious when @bbaby84 posted that she got an email prompting her to check her cic acc.
Compared both and the only difference is the barcode, everything else is the same and consistent.

Accra oya do fast na.

May ITA rain shower on many today o

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by threadstone(m): 4:42pm On Nov 29, 2017
Newmum0615:

Lol cheesy. Was expecting it Next week.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by kay2011(m): 4:45pm On Nov 29, 2017
shygunXs:

Our application was transferred to London Visa Office from CIO Sydney. London Visa Office gave us PPR.

We submitted our passports to Accra for visa stamping.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by miliicarter: 4:48pm On Nov 29, 2017
Thank you all for the great feedback. I got my passport request today. I was able to reach the bank, they were able to help spool the statement and provide reference letter within two days. I am really grateful to God and the awesome people around me. Thank you so much

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Elle78: 4:53pm On Nov 29, 2017
Thanks for the response XX01

XX01:

So sorry about that. It's only when the baby is born that you write to them to tell them that you want to add a baby. As it stands, they don't need to do anything.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by tbaby2015: 4:54pm On Nov 29, 2017
miliicarter:
Thank you all for the great feedback. I got my passport request today. I was able to reach the bank, they were able to help spool the statement and provide reference letter within two days. I am really grateful to God and the awesome people around me. Thank you so much

Do you mean PPR or passport request from immigration? Was about congratulating u ni o
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Only1babadee: 5:09pm On Nov 29, 2017
Newmum0615:

I have been refreshing my browser since I woke up. We're hopeful o. Please God smile on all ITA hopefuls

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by beckycute1: 5:14pm On Nov 29, 2017
I'm here chilling for Wes to conclude my ECA.......

May ITA fall on folks in the pool already

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by mcstan18(m): 5:15pm On Nov 29, 2017
Reasonabledoubt:

I have dived into the pool o. Score is 437.

Keeping fingers crossed.

You don make am be that

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Macy4real200: 5:18pm On Nov 29, 2017
I've tried all that, no way. No place to edit the payment. I just dey vex for myself

mcstan18:

Since you haven't paid, I think you can still edit that option by clicking on the "Modify my order" button on your WES account (see the attached image for reference). It isn't editable for me but I guess it's because I've already made payment
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Emmasonic4me: 5:28pm On Nov 29, 2017
mcstan18:

Ikeja, Lagos. Yours?
PH

(1) (2) (3) ... (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.