Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,858 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (537) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1511111 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by yokus(f): 9:18am On Nov 29, 2017
SENDING YOU PLENTY EHUGS N EKISSES.
New Chapter- let's make amazing memories for the future. God will bless our steps and walk with us.
Thank God we r done with those FBI pple ooo and it is praise and testimonies all the way. Thumbs up to this amazing strong Woman.
We had a symbiotic shrink relationship for this journey. I thank Nairaland for the opportunity to make amazing friends that money can't buy.

Our application:
Hubby is the PA but still I handled everything from WES to POF.
I had a bout of insomnia at some point ( thanks to FBI as I submitted one set of fingerprints.) Thanks to @yokus for helping me stay sane lol
I used the LOE to list and explain all we had submitted. I submitted xe pages to convert our POF and lock it down. I submitted pictures of my sibling and I at different points of our lives ( I claimed points for Canadian sibling) including specified documents (mortgage bills, driver's license, passport, marriage certificate etc)

When we finally submitted we were asked for travel history for hubby and resident permit for the years he lived in the UK. (This shook me as hubby had 5-6 years in the UK where he had no resident permit) We explained the issues with home office on a letter and the issues he had with his Uni and fees etc and he still had to finish his school since he had eventually sorted out school fees but Home Office still refused to renew the visa. After his studies he came home. I scanned and uploaded previous permits, school ID and fees receipt for his MSC. We told the truth (long and short).
Then I found out we had been transferred to London, I thought 'oh boy!'

When I got the message to check the CIC account today, I thought what do they want now? Alas! It was PPR.

I wish everyone the best on this journey.
@40manlappy @blackbuddy @yokus and everyone that helped me along the way, I am so grateful...
Thank you.
[/quote]

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by mcstan18(m): 9:20am On Nov 29, 2017
bbaby84:
Listen up people!!!!

It's my turn!

PPR has landed! Indescribable joy!

Finally! I can share my timeline
WES: 17th of April
IELTS: 25th of May
WES evaluation completed: 2nd of June
IELTS results: 6th of June
Express entry profile created: 9th of June
Invitation to apply: 12th of July
Acknowledgement of receipt: 5th of August
Additional document requirement: (supplementary Travel) 17th of August
In-progress 1: 17th of August
Document submitted 18th of August
Medical passed: 21st of August
Not applicable 2: 23rd of August
IP2: 22nd of November (that's when I saw it)
Passport request (PPR) 28th of November.
Family of four.
Moderate travel history.
London Visa office
115 days from AOR to PPR

All glory to God!

Congrats dear. Which province are you looking to settle in please?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by yokus(f): 9:24am On Nov 29, 2017
Hehhehe, i trust you... Mississauga no kuku too far

We are doing Oakville o!
@deeore I will wait for you jare.

Thank you @ugoiyke79e[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by yokus(f): 9:28am On Nov 29, 2017
I planned to do this but when the immigration guy said one month and me i had an agreement with God that my Application must come before my baiday which was less than a month. I respected my self and maintained the name as it was and i got PPR request in 28days, i probably would have been waiting for the new passport now if i had applied to change my name. However situations differ, do what you think is best for you.

Omonjoe:
I am planning to change her her intl passport and also update cic on dt. I think is easier now than when she is already in Canada
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by yokus(f): 9:33am On Nov 29, 2017
yokus:
New Chapter- let's make amazing memories for the future. God will bless our steps and walk with us.
Thank God we r done with those FBI pple ooo and it is praise and testimonies all the way. Thumbs up to this amazing strong Woman.
We had a symbiotic shrink relationship for this journey. I thank Nairaland for the opportunity to make amazing friends that money can't buy.

@40manlappy @blackbuddy @yokus and everyone that helped me along the way, I am so grateful...
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 9:33am On Nov 29, 2017
@ blackbuddy on https://www.nairaland.com/3999848/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/534
Thanks for the insight it is has really opened ones mind and eyes.Inshort ones total self cool
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by mcstan18(m): 9:37am On Nov 29, 2017
Reasonabledoubt:

Congrats o. Happy for you. I wish I was the one getting this kind of news. Unfortunately Wes has decided to play ten ten with my heart. Waiting for Dec 6th, when my ECA should be ready.

These days eh.. my body is at work, but my spirit had travelled ahead of me.

grin grin grin see ehn, my spirit has long travelled too

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by JesusBabyyy: 9:38am On Nov 29, 2017
Wow Congrats to You @Bbaby84 All the best going forward!

We shall all testify in Jesus name! AMEN

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 9:43am On Nov 29, 2017
yokus:

When I got the message to check the CIC account today, I thought what do they want now? Alas! It was PPR.

Thank you.

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bolabae: 9:46am On Nov 29, 2017
pampem:

Hello,

Congratulations on the new addition.

I don't think its compulsory to update your profile with the recent visa refusal as that happened after your submission.

As regards your application, sure its being worked on. you can send a mail to request for update.

I wish you all the best

Regards

Thanks at pampem....... I really appreciate it and I hope it is been worked on also. Should I send a mail to ask for update or I need to call them again.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bbaby84(f): 10:06am On Nov 29, 2017
mcstan18:

Congrats dear. Which province are you looking to settle in please?

Thank you. We plan to settle in Ontario by His Grace.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Chester2018: 10:09am On Nov 29, 2017
Hello People,kindly assist with the below
We are about selling our plot of land for use as POF.My wife is the PA while I am accompanying her..So I'm wondering is it better the money is paid into her account or should the money be paid to my account while I transfer to her account and do a gift deed to her.
Gurus in the house please assist.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by TEECANN: 10:39am On Nov 29, 2017
Bambam4you:
1) Please can anyone in the house that has evaluated Bsc with WES recently help him with the first question. I cant really remember.

2) Pease type Accounting Technician Certificate as the name of the credential which is the same name you would see on your AAT certificate (please take a look at it to confirm). ICAN AAT is regarded as a Higher Education and is being evaluated as a one year College Level Certificate.

@Bambam4you

Good to see you bro. grin grin

Fego- O.boy?

It will surely end in praise IJN!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Raconteur14(m): 10:50am On Nov 29, 2017
Santino1:

Just to add another perspective to the discussion. Like I already mentioned in my PPR rant, I only got a one page letter from Credit Suisse a couple of days before my ITA stating all my accounts, date they were opened etc (i.e. following the CIC guideline) and my balance on the day the letter was printed. Thus, in my opinion there is no way to know if I had a lump sum deposited a day before the letter was printed or not.

Note to all. I'm not advising people to start circumventing the process (if CIC catch you and slam 5 years ban on you for lying, Santion1 no dey abeg). Just though I should enrich the discussion.

Even though I am inexperienced (I am just in the pool), I think the time of deposit wouldn't matter much in as much as one gets the CIC format from one's bank. This can be gotten with or without statement of account for 6 months and/or LOE depending on one's appetite for risk. Like @cochtrane said, the fact that so many people have gotten PPR even after depositing after their ITA and close to submission lends credence to the fact that this is acceptable.

However, if one can afford to have it for the whole duration, that will be the safest.

cc @Kontagious

bbaby84:
Listen up people!!!!

It's my turn!

All glory to God!

Congrats bbaby84. All the best.

Waiting for a draw that drops CRS significantly today so that my hopes can be increased.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Raconteur14(m): 10:53am On Nov 29, 2017
sleekysilk:

My fellow team #433, I believe God will help u as he helped me on this journey. I pray CIC draws favours ur new CRS#428 in no time and get ITA sooner than we expect. Thanks so much

Amen. Thanks so much for the thought and prayer. I can only use the time of waiting to glean all I can from the gurus here so as to cover all necessary steps. These days, I work on Nairaland and CIC website.

@blackbuddy, your posts are so great. God bless you real good for the wealth of experience you are depositing here

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by XX01(f): 10:56am On Nov 29, 2017
Elle78:
Good morning everyone. Thank you for creating this thread Admins. I have a somewhat unusual question. There's a couple that is currently waiting for their passport to be requested for. Prior to this, the PA informed their VO that they were expecting as the wife was almost due. When they did, the email received was that they should keep communication to minimal level. Unfortunately, they lost the baby after birth and are confused on what next to do based on the mail received. Should they informed the VO about change of status and how should they go about it. Thanks in advance

So sorry about that. It's only when the baby is born that you write to them to tell them that you want to add a baby. As it stands, they don't need to do anything.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Chester2018: 11:01am On Nov 29, 2017
Chester2018:
Hello People,kindly assist with the below
We are about selling our plot of land for use as POF.My wife is the PA while I am accompanying her..So I'm wondering is it better the money is paid into her account or should the money be paid to my account while I transfer to her account and do a gift deed to her.
Gurus in the house please assist.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by intercedertee(f): 11:03am On Nov 29, 2017
God bless you for this short and educative piece.
Blackbuddy:

Thanks for your kind words, my contributions here are just my little way of giving back as I too was helped along the way and I`ve long since learnt that our strenght lies in our community/collective succes so wether we like it or not, we need to look out for each other especially in Canada. Like I earlier mentioned, due to some mix up, my wife and I did not get an invitation for the classroom training on time. The next available class would be for when we would have left Nigeria so they scheduled an online session for both of us. My wife took a day off from work while I logged on from my office so we were both together on the online conference call with a counselor in Canada. I recommend both the PA and spouse to attend the training together, it is equally beneficial and helps you both have the same perspective on things. That way, when decisions are being made on the family`s future here, you both understand what is at stake and what options will be best to choose.

It is wisdom when you say that people should pack their minds with information as they pack their luggages with their belongings. The pre-arrival programs will prepare you for some of the cultural shocks and put you at ease so that you are not uncomfortable with change but more receptive to the difference and how things are done and how they should be done. As simple as learning the difference between a cv and a resume can make a big difference in how you market your self for job search. Knowing that Nigerian job interview style of displaying that you`re technically sound on the job is not enough but that you also need to identify, groom and project your awareness of `soft skills` which is a major focus in Canadian job interview.

A lot of our people get to a job interview here and they hear, `you don`t have Canadian experience`, they get deflated and defeated and just stumble through the rest of the interview and that ends that. If they had gone through a pre/post landing training program, they would have learnt that that question is the biggest help they could have ever had in that interview! It simply means ``convince me that inspite of your foreign experience you can work here, you can fit in``. That question is where you now say something like `yes I dont have Canadian work experience but I understand the niceties of the Canadian work place and I`m aware of the importance of mutual respect, tolerance, collabaration and diversity. I`m bringing my wealth of experience and unique perspective on what this role entails to enhance and enrich the way in which things are done. I`m very adaptable and teachable and I take every opportunity to increase my skill level so that I am constantly improving as an individual in order to bring efficiency and innovation to my work. I know your organisation values diversity and innovation and as your colleague, you will find that I am a great fit and excellent addition to the team`. You see this small sentence/interview response here? That is what they want to hear, as simple as it sounds. This is what is meant by Canadian experience, to know how to work among Canadians, to talk softly, calmly and enunciate properly. To have an awareness of the Canadian workplace culture and not to discuss race, sex, religion, age or status. To be professional but cordial, always thinking about the job first and not your self, projecting the spirit of a team player while bringing your uniqueness as an individual. Notice I didn`t focus on Canadian work experience but Canadian experience. They already know you dont have Canadian work experience before they invited you to an interview. What they don`t know, what your resume does not show is if you have `Canadian experience`, if you will fit in to the organisational culture they already have, if they can spend 8 hours everyday with you, sometimes in high pressure situations and not regret hiring you.

The above is just a little of what people stand to learn from the training programs. Please, don`t be persuaded by relatives and friends here who tell you not to bother with the trainings but just launch yourself into the job market. A smart person is one who takes advantage of the trainings and still chases the jobs together, at least, you will gain info, knowledge and confidence and hit your target more efficiently. If we will but humble ourselves and apply some of these principles, success will be the result and the journey will definitely continue in praise. Hope this helps.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 11:07am On Nov 29, 2017
Emmasonic4me:

You've been scarce here. Sent you a pm if you don't mind meeting at the test venue on Saturday... @Kingoliza.
Hmmm... I'm scared of boys.... Lol
That's not my date tho.. Dat date didn't favor me at all.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 11:08am On Nov 29, 2017
bbaby84:
Listen up people!!!!

It's my turn!

Finally! I can share my timeline
WES: 17th of April
IELTS: 25th of May
WES evaluation completed: 2nd of June
IELTS results: 6th of June
Express entry profile created: 9th of June
Invitation to apply: 12th of July
Acknowledgement of receipt: 5th of August
Additional document requirement: (supplementary Travel) 17th of August
In-progress 1: 17th of August
Document submitted 18th of August
Medical passed: 21st of August
Not applicable 2: 23rd of August
IP2: 22nd of November (that's when I saw it)
Passport request (PPR) 28th of November.
Family of four.
Moderate travel history.
London Visa office
115 days from AOR to PPR

All glory to God!
OMG goose bumps here.. Babe I'm so happy for u... As In u have no idea OMG... Congratulations

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by zeezeekelani(f): 11:13am On Nov 29, 2017
Good morning everyone. I appreciate all those contributing to this thread. It has benefited me a lot. I pray God richly reward you all.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by mcstan18(m): 11:13am On Nov 29, 2017
IELTS on Saturday giving me sleepless nights
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Newmum0615: 11:15am On Nov 29, 2017
You will do fine. Engage in a little more practice and learn the tips. And then pray to whichever God you believe in. In 2 weeks, you will dance.

mcstan18:
IELTS on Saturday giving me sleepless nights

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by mcstan18(m): 11:24am On Nov 29, 2017
Newmum0615:
You will do fine. Engage in a little more practice and learn the tips. And then pray to whichever God you believe in. In 2 weeks, you will dance.

That was a soothing piece. My preparations have been undiluted and my sample test practices have been excellent (Listening and reading at least). Even at that, the anxiety doesn't seem to go away. I just hope and fervently pray it all reflects in the main stuff. Thank you Newmum0615.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by zeezeekelani(f): 11:24am On Nov 29, 2017
@mcstan All will be well.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by mcstan18(m): 11:29am On Nov 29, 2017
zeezeekelani:
@mcstan All will be well.

AMEN
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ITABABE: 11:31am On Nov 29, 2017
Please can someone post the number to call Ottawa. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 11:37am On Nov 29, 2017
cochtrane:
Actually a very good question. Personally, I feel if it can be avoided, then by all means it should be. At the same time we have seen guys here who arranged their POF post-ITA (sometimes with little or no LOE) and had no issues with their application. I can only imagine how many more are not on this thread. Perhaps how close this post-ITA arrangement is to application submission is what matters. And of course, if not providing an explanation makes one uneasy about the whole application, then LOE it is!
Santino1:
Just to add another perspective to the discussion. Like I already mentioned in my PPR rant, I only got a one page letter from Credit Suisse a couple of days before my ITA stating all my accounts, date they were opened etc (i.e. following the CIC guideline) and my balance on the day the letter was printed. Thus, in my opinion there is no way to know if I had a lump sum deposited a day before the letter was printed or not.

Note to all. I'm not advising people to start circumventing the process (if CIC catch you and slam 5 years ban on you for lying, Santion1 no dey abeg). Just though I should enrich the discussion.
Raconteur14:
Even though I am inexperienced (I am just in the pool), I think the time of deposit wouldn't matter much in as much as one gets the CIC format from one's bank. This can be gotten with or without statement of account for 6 months and/or LOE depending on one's appetite for risk. Like @cochtrane said, the fact that so many people have gotten PPR even after depositing after their ITA and close to submission lends credence to the fact that this is acceptable.

However, if one can afford to have it for the whole duration, that will be the safest.
Thank you fellas.

Cochtrane, precedence has it that some if not many got away with such arrangement but sadly, we hardly ever read of rejections/bans on this thread. That does not take away the fact that some do actually get banned, and of course, not a set rule that this POF arrangements leads to rejection/ban. I asked just so we exercise caution and be ready/able to defend whatever document that is put forward.

Santino1, truly, providing POF in the required format will not reveal one received a lump sum few days before printing the letter but if that particular account over the past 6 months had far lesser inflows/outflows, then the average balance for the last month will be significantly different from the previous 5. Thus, it will be easy to conclude a major inflow came in the last month. This I presume does not apply to you. Even if you had a huge deposit in the last month, judging by your posts so far, I’d assume you have such inflows/outflows over time thereby making your balance for the six months somewhat balance. But for someone whose account has been receiving salary of say N400,000 with other little inflows then getting a sudden hit of N5m, average balance for the 6th month will be way greater than the other 5. Then again, it’s safe to say most Nigerian applicants don’t get the luxury of having the CIC POF format.

Raconteur14, your input is valued. True time of deposit does not necessarily matter. But having one month (the last month at that) stand like Okorocha’s statues amongst midgets just doesn’t look good to me. Especially when I know I received the money as a gift. I’d rather back that document up necessarily before being asked to explain, then I start looking for ways to do what should have been done before.

No one is saying applicants should not receive heavy amounts at any one time but can that money be explained when the question is asked? My concern was born out of curiosity as it seems some of us prefer not to go the gift deed route, hence, we receive the money then throw in FD/Tbills. The ultimate question I silently ask is, how do you defend this if you get ADR for 6/12 months statement of account. Recently, we’ve seen some ridiculous ADR coming from LVO in particular. That statement will definitely reveal what the applicant initially tried burying. Consequence of the statement and fate of the applicant is what is left for the VO to decide.

Thank you guys.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Newmum0615: 11:38am On Nov 29, 2017
It is ok to be anxious. I was too, till the minute I saw my results. But I always recited Philippians 4:13 every time the fear came: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. If you are a Christian, you may want to say it often. Goan write and comman give us good news joor.
mcstan18:

That was a soothing piece. My preparations have been undiluted and my sample test practices have been excellent (Listening and reading at least). Even at that, the anxiety doesn't seem to go away. I just hope and fervently pray it all reflects in the main stuff. Thank you Newmum0615.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 12:04pm On Nov 29, 2017
Kontagious:

Thank you fellas.

Cochtrane, precedence has it that some if not many got away with such arrangement but sadly, we hardly ever read of rejections/bans on this thread. That does not take away the fact that some do actually get banned, and of course not a set rule that this POF arrangements leads to rejection/ban. I asked just so we exercise caution and be ready/able to defend whatever document that is put forward.

Well said!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by wholesomegrace: 12:06pm On Nov 29, 2017
wholesomegrace:

Please, has anybody gone through this route before? Kindly help

I am quoting from: https://www.nairaland.com/3999848/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/495

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hamiltondreamer: 3:48pm On Nov 07
If you asked for a letter from your office and the office has refused,do not go through the back door by cutting coners.
1. Write a letter on a plain sheet in the required format.
2. Get it notarised
3. Write a letter of explanation staying in that your office refused to give the letter and if there is proof through email correspondence include it.
4. Proof of employment : Employment letter ,ID card, payslips bank statement.

5.(Rolling my eyes) for LVO a tattoo of your office logo on a conspicuous part of your body,pictures of you and your colleagues in your office aso ebi, picture of you standing in front of your office sign post and so many more LVO attachments.

6. No 5 is irrelevant

https://www.nairaland.com/3999848/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/495

Choi!!! someone should help me oooo

My present employer doesn't issue reference letters for immigration purposes and to avoid stories that touch, I need to draft
a letter stating my job roles to this effect which I plan to notarize as advised here. Can anyone help with a draft pleaseeeeeee

I have my JD, I just need clarifications on how to start and end the letter.
Will appreciate any assistance pls.

Thanks house
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Emmasonic4me: 12:17pm On Nov 29, 2017
Hephgirl:
Hmmm... I'm scared of boys.... Lol
That's not my date tho.. Dat date didn't favor me at all.

Scared of boys? undecided undecided And the date... Okay. No qualms. Enjoy!

(1) (2) (3) ... (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.