Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (545) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1511428 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sleekysilk: 7:36pm On Nov 30, 2017
Mire222:

Just like mrsBee, I too owe so much from the giving birth in d US thread and this express entry thread.

My ppr mail landed this morning from London VO.
Congratulations!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by rainazoe: 8:08pm On Nov 30, 2017
Thanks @cochtrane. So you got an extension I believe?

cochtrane:

Did this successfully. Send a mail to your visa office and attach evidence of travel. Give them a week to get back. If they don't, follow up with a CSE. You should be able to sort it out in two weeks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 8:18pm On Nov 30, 2017
smileymum:
Bsbabe, your suggestion makes sense. But I was actually approving/rejecting the credit requests received from customers through their account officers. I was not market facing. 6235 looks like what a relationship/account officer would do. I was not interfacing with customers directly. Hmm. This thing ain't easy sha. Thanks for your suggestions. You have opened my eyes to this possibility.

Sweetheart, please review the bolded duties. They don’t imply they are market facing. You were approving/rejecting credits? It says in one line “or approve or reject applications within authorised limits ensuring that credit standards of the institution are respected”. Didn’t you also mention reviewing in line with RAC when you listed your duties? Is your Bank’s RAC not ‘credit standards’? You said you “ensure customer’s repayment capacity”, they say “evaluate loan applicant’s ability to pay the loan” etc and you say it is still a possibility.

I can’t help you further o lol grin Maybe non-bankers will see it as a possibility but from a banker to another, this should bring you to the end of your search but hey, the decision is still up to you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 8:20pm On Nov 30, 2017
rainazoe:
Thanks @cochtrane. So you got an extension I believe?

Yeah I did.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 8:28pm On Nov 30, 2017
Divinegifts:
Hi cochtrane,

Please can I have a sample of the letter for your mutual funds POF?

Thanks for all the assistance you've been rendering
Send me a pm. I'll send you a redacted version.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Tolz451: 8:37pm On Nov 30, 2017
Thanks very much!

cochtrane:

You should explain if it makes you feel more at ease with your application. However, I wouldn't think it's necessary. Just my personal opinion. I didn't explain the source of the funds I had in my mutual funds. Just tendered the letters.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 8:54pm On Nov 30, 2017
Tolz451:
Thanks very much!

If you could, attach payslips. That could help with explaining your funds.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 8:57pm On Nov 30, 2017
ctrlunlimited:

Hi Cochtrane,

Please, I needed some info concerning mmf.
What is the best way to contact you as I have sent several PMs already but no response.

Thanks in advance.
I replied your PM. Sorry about not replying earlier. Didn't really check my mails.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bolabae: 9:33pm On Nov 30, 2017
Nawa o.......people just dey ignore my post. Deriz God o in madam P's voice
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 9:56pm On Nov 30, 2017
MrsBee:
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, May I have your attention please.

PPR has landed. London VO has finally released me. Glory be to God.

Timelines below.

IELTS LRWS 8,7.5,7.5,7 = Band 7.5
Spouse LRWS 9,9,7.5,7.5 = Band 8.5
CRS 431
PPR Nov 29

My fellow LVO peeps still waiting @deeore @yooku @yewwygraceful and co, it shall not tarry by God’s grace.

Congrats . Last week I was very optimistic and hopeful for you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 9:58pm On Nov 30, 2017
bolabae:
Please if one gets a visa denial after submitting documents do you need to inform CIC about the visa denial again? Or it does not count since documents av bn submitted. Thanks in anticipation

I don't think so. Change in family status, job , location i think those are the changes that CIC ask for. Except you get a travel history ADR after submission then you should include it
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 10:08pm On Nov 30, 2017
She should go into d pool with anyone, and continue checking d one she wants. Folks change NOCs on eAPR.. 40manlappy's spouse did.
Bsbabe:

Sweetheart, please review the bolded duties. They don’t imply they are market facing. You were approving/rejecting credits? It says in one line “or approve or reject applications within authorised limits ensuring that credit standards of the institution are respected”. Didn’t you also mention reviewing in line with RAC when you listed your duties? Is your Bank’s RAC not ‘credit standards’? You said you “ensure customer’s repayment capacity”, they say “evaluate loan applicant’s ability to pay the loan” etc and you say it is still a possibility.

I can’t help you further o lol grin Maybe non-bankers will see it as a possibility but from a banker to another, this should bring you to the end of your search but hey, the decision is still up to you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by yokus(f): 10:48pm On Nov 30, 2017
Please fill the IMM0008, you have come this far... avoid any delays and send.

sehawale:
Family composition has not changed and my marital status is still same. Is it necessary to fill the imm0008 and additional family info requested in the PPR letter?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by eooshing: 11:16pm On Nov 30, 2017
Good evening every one am new on this please how so I go about relocating to canada
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Divinegifts: 11:20pm On Nov 30, 2017
cochtrane:

Send me a pm. I'll send you a redacted version.

Hi cochtrane

Just sent you PM. Kindly reply
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by eooshing: 11:23pm On Nov 30, 2017
Please I see this is part 2 what at the info in part 1. I had written my ielts test and was using agent.it however did not get any head way till my result expired.i want to do it myself now
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Emmasonic4me: 11:23pm On Nov 30, 2017
eooshing:
Good evening every one am new on this please how so I go about relocating to canada

Go to page 0. Everything you need is there. Come back and ask specific questions when it's unclear...that is, if it hasn't been flogged several times here. To find out if it has been discussed previously, use the search button by entering the keywords.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by yokus(f): 11:26pm On Nov 30, 2017
I sent you a pm.
Hope it works this time
[quote author=Mire222 post=62859490][/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 12:08am On Dec 01, 2017
In case anyone is interested, these are the steps in the PR process as detailed by CIC

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 12:11am On Dec 01, 2017
bolabae:
Please if one gets a visa denial after submitting documents do you need to inform CIC about the visa denial again? Or it does not count since documents av bn submitted. Thanks in anticipation
Though it's not explicitly required to notify them of situations such as this, you should know that you need to inform them if the reasons for the denial is security-related. Usually they want notification if there are important changes to your application, like marriage, divorce, family composition, address maybe, etc. But if there's a security situation (or development) causing that visa denial, you'd need to raise a CSE and let them know. If you don't and they find out and have to investigate, it could delay your application significantly.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=021&top=4
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by eooshing: 12:36am On Dec 01, 2017
Please how do I go about assessing my certificate with WES
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by SQLmastar(m): 12:38am On Dec 01, 2017
bbaby84:

Lmao it's not only Justin Timberlake it's Britney Spears.
cheesy grin cheesy
This my phone Auto Correct sef sad

I meant Justin Trudeau. grin

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bolabae: 12:51am On Dec 01, 2017
cochtrane:

Though it's not explicitly required to notify them of situations such as this, you should know that you need to inform them if the reasons for the denial is security-related. Usually they want notification if there are important changes to your application, like marriage, divorce, family composition, address maybe, etc. But if there's a security situation (or development) causing that visa denial, you'd need to raise a CSE and let them know. If you don't and they find out and have to investigate, it could delay your application significantly.
Thank you so much......it is not security related, the VO wasn't convinced enough. I appreciate ur response
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Estar400: 2:03am On Dec 01, 2017
Pls house, I can't seem to find the NOC for the role as a Strategy Officer in a bank. Below are the duties & responsibilities. Any assistance will be highly appreciated.

Job title: Strategy Officer
Duties and Responsibilities
#Champion group strategy formulation and coordinate the annual strategic planning process;
#As custodian of the group’s corporate strategy, solicit input from, update and inform stakeholders on the group’s strategy and make amendments where necessary in response to changing business conditions;
#Coordinate the process of conducting periodic environmental, competitor, market, and peer benchmark analysis to help the group identify opportunities and manage risks;
#Champion the development of the group balance scorecard to manage strategy implementation and ensure alignment of operating company scorecards to group strategy;
#Supervise the development of a framework for group-wide strategic planning and budgeting, to facilitate end-to-end planning by cascading execution plans into annual budgets;
#Monitor and recommend steps that will guide alignment of operating company strategies and business plans with group strategy;
#Facilitate the identification, definition and synergy realization opportunities and targets; and track performance against defined targets;
#Analyze and review financial and operational reports; and develop reports on its performance against budget.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 2:59am On Dec 01, 2017
Estar400:
Pls house, I can't seem to find the NOC for the role as a Strategy Officer in a bank. Below are the duties & responsibilities. Any assistance will be highly appreciated.

Job title: Strategy Officer
Duties and Responsibilities
#Champion group strategy formulation and coordinate the annual strategic planning process;
#As custodian of the group’s corporate strategy, solicit input from, update and inform stakeholders on the group’s strategy and make amendments where necessary in response to changing business conditions;
#Coordinate the process of conducting periodic environmental, competitor, market, and peer benchmark analysis to help the group identify opportunities and manage risks;
#Champion the development of the group balance scorecard to manage strategy implementation and ensure alignment of operating company scorecards to group strategy;
#Supervise the development of a framework for group-wide strategic planning and budgeting, to facilitate end-to-end planning by cascading execution plans into annual budgets;
#Monitor and recommend steps that will guide alignment of operating company strategies and business plans with group strategy;
#Facilitate the identification, definition and synergy realization opportunities and targets; and track performance against defined targets;
#Analyze and review financial and operational reports; and develop reports on its performance against budget.
I don't know much about bank jobs, but I feel you are more likely NOC 4163, or at least under the 416x. Check it out

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bbaby84(f): 3:02am On Dec 01, 2017
cochtrane:

What kind of secuirity problem will that be? *side eye
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bestdiddy: 3:12am On Dec 01, 2017
I so much love the way you didnt abbreviate your timeline . . . Congratulations to you and your family.

bbaby84:
Listen up people!!!!

It's my turn!

PPR has landed! Indescribable joy!

Finally! I can share my timeline
WES: 17th of April
IELTS: 25th of May
WES evaluation completed: 2nd of June
IELTS results: 6th of June
Express entry profile created: 9th of June
Invitation to apply: 12th of July
Acknowledgement of receipt: 5th of August
Additional document requirement: (supplementary Travel) 17th of August
In-progress 1: 17th of August
Document submitted 18th of August
Medical passed: 21st of August
Not applicable 2: 23rd of August
IP2: 22nd of November (that's when I saw it)
Passport request (PPR) 28th of November.
Family of four.
Moderate travel history.
London Visa office
115 days from AOR to PPR

All glory to God!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 3:38am On Dec 01, 2017
bbaby84:

What kind of secuirity problem will that be? *side eye
Well... smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 3:46am On Dec 01, 2017
eooshing:
Please how do I go about assessing my certificate with WES
Read this here https://www.nairaland.com/3999848/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/1#59645806
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by beckycute1: 3:49am On Dec 01, 2017
Hello everyone,
I would like someone to clarify this pls.
I plan to apply with my 5yr daughter... Single mom..
Her birth cert doesn't have her dads name cos he denied the pregnancy and has never been in contact.... Do I get to explain this in my application?
Would it pose a problem?
Advice needed pls.....
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by boldinc(m): 4:38am On Dec 01, 2017
That shouldn't pose any problems at all..

You should be good to go.

beckycute1:
Hello everyone,
I would like someone to clarify this pls.
I plan to apply with my 5yr daughter... Single mom..
Her birth cert doesn't have her dads name cos he denied the pregnancy and has never been in contact.... Do I get to explain this in my application?
Would it pose a problem?
Advice needed pls.....
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by daremum(m): 5:23am On Dec 01, 2017
Indeed My case is different!
Thanks to Almighty God for this great opportunity!
PPR yaff landed!
Timeline drawn below!
ITA: October 4
AOR: October 28
Medical Passed: November 1
NA2: November 8
Additional documents required (ADR) : November 27
Submitted: November 28
IP2: November 30
PPR: November 30

Mail received from: CPCO-FinalRequest/CTDO-Deman(I hope this is real)
*We are given an ultimatum of 15days to send Passport to Accra,am concerned about the ultimatum,heard of 30 days on here so why 15days.(Confused)

Special shout out to everyone that helped at every stage.

@XX01...Am grateful....She sent all her documents to me
@40manlappy @cochtrane @kontagious @MRSDA @Canadianfly...Thank you.
I am grateful to you all.
Speechless right now.

daremum:
I hail o!!!

This process is Traumatic!!!
Loss of concentration at work!
Checking CIC page as if Per click i will get a million naira!
checking NL, newbies posting with lots of enthusiasm!
Indeed this journey is not for the faint hearted!!!
Imagine when you are dreaming about CIC portal and your wife is on the bed grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Is there anything someone can do and just forget about CIC!
grin

This aint Joke!
My case is different!

(Joke) grin

39 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.