Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,189 members, 7,811,481 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:51 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1507199 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Newmum0615: 4:08pm On Aug 28, 2017
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by elizabetha(f): 4:10pm On Aug 28, 2017
That's correct. DHL's new rules.

FSOFF:
hello House,

Please another clarification, I just went to DHL office to send my passports and I was told that I do not need to send pre-paid return envelope with my package, that once the passports are ready the high commission in Ghana will send me a mail and that is when I'll then go to DHL office to pay for the package to be returned and also a letter of authorization for the high commission to release the passports to DHL. I just wanted to run this by the house for seniors to please help out.

Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by elizabetha(f): 4:18pm On Aug 28, 2017
My suggestion,
Call the Canadian High Commission in Ghana (someone has posted the number already) and inform them, they would guide you. If you cannot get through to them before the deadline, go ahead to include your baby details in the IMM0008 form (if requested in your PPR letter) and other documents for the baby like international passport and passport photo.
Also include photocopy of your baby's birth certificate as proof/evidence and you can write a brief cover letter stating that you want to add your baby, you have already raised a CSE, the baby's birth date and that the baby came after you submitted eAPR etc.

Remxyj:
Urgent! Urgent! Urgent!
I stated earlier that I raised a CSE and sent a mail to ottawa copying Ghana and London visa office to add my baby to my application before the 15days deadline to submit my passport but haven't gotten any response so I put a call thru today and I was told to contact my local visa office but I don't even know my local visa office so I don't know who to contact and I have like 6-7 days left...
please any suggestion?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 4:19pm On Aug 28, 2017
yea. I guess for this reason they don't need to see ur visas and the rest because they will get the info from other embassies. true. thanks for this. just wanna be sure that not uploading it doesn't make things fuzzy for them.
cochtrane:

Ideally you should report your travel history. That will let them know. If you don't, they may find out cos they exchange info with other embassies and you sure know what that may earn anyone.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by geebaby10: 4:28pm On Aug 28, 2017
[quote author=geebaby10 post=59899099]Guys please I have a question. I just saw a comment and I think that I need to clarify.

I am the principal applicant and my husband is the accompanying spouse. For POF, we used my husband's account statement. Did we need to attach anything more to this?

I saw up where someone said they attached a notarised letter saying that the funds will be available to the principal applicant. Is this necessary?

Please an response on this?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Dewys1: 4:30pm On Aug 28, 2017
Thanks for the info. I have some pertinent questions:
1. Did you make payment through credit card.
2. I do not have a dollar credit card, can i use someone else's dollar card to make the payment?
Please help.

Trikings2000:

https://www.bcit.ca/ices/eca/
Using the link quoted find comprehensive details of what is required.

Summary of requirements
1. Scanned filled copy of application form
2. Identification. Passport or drivers license or birth certificate
3. Marriage certificate (if married)
4. Certificate(s)
5. Transcript to be sent by institution

Fillout the application form, have it signed and then together with other required documents send a mail or email to the specified email address as designated on the link.

Ensure you specify mode of payment (credit/debit card preferrable) and choice of delivery (courier or mail) on the application form. A sample filled form is available to guide you while filling the form.

An app ID number will be sent to u in abt 5days with payment details (how to effect payment).

You can begin processing ur transcript to their address as specified on the link even before payment is requested by ICES.

Review begins after they recieve your transcript. Of course they recieve other documents instantly if sent via email.

Tracking code of package sent to ur email after review.

No VERIFICATION REQUIRED.

I hope this helps

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bbaby84(f): 4:32pm On Aug 28, 2017
[quote author=geebaby10 post=59907102][/quote]

In my opinion, you should be fine. I used my account (Hubby's the PA)and I wrote a letter of consent and signed ( I didn't notarise).

Most they can do is ask for an updated POF. But I think you're fine sha.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Remxyj: 4:47pm On Aug 28, 2017
Abby2017:
High Commission of Canada | Haut commissariat du Canada
P.O. Box 1639
42 independence Ave., Accra, Ghana
Phone | Tél.: +233 (030) 2211521

Thank you very much. Will put a call thru now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Dewys1: 4:48pm On Aug 28, 2017
Good pple in the house. Pls I need your help. I am in the process of ECA, i decided on ICES. The only instant means of payment id dollar credit card, but I dont have one. Is it possible to use someone else's card for the payment. Or is there any advise on how to resolve this?

Pls help

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Remxyj: 4:51pm On Aug 28, 2017
elizabetha:
My suggestion,
Call the Canadian High Commission in Ghana (someone has posted the number already) and inform them, they would guide you. If you cannot get through to them before the deadline, go ahead to include your baby details in the IMM0008 form (if requested in your PPR letter) and other documents for the baby like international passport and passport photo.
Also include photocopy of your baby's birth certificate as proof/evidence and you can write a brief cover letter stating that you want to add your baby, you have already raised a CSE, the baby's birth date and that the baby came after you submitted eAPR etc.

Thank you very much, I will do just that. I think their office close by 4 so I will put a call thru first thing tomorrow morning.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by perks: 5:03pm On Aug 28, 2017
Dewys1:
Good pple in the house. Pls I need your help. I am in the process of ECA, i decided on ICES. The only instant means of payment id dollar credit card, but I dont have one. Is it possible to use someone else's card for the payment. Or is there any advise on how to resolve this?

Pls help

U can try with ur Naira debit Card. Otherwise someone can pay for u.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bouqounmie(f): 5:13pm On Aug 28, 2017
Please can you add me to the group too? (if one has been created) Thanks

esosa4real:

Yeah we can work something out....we go chat!!

Hahaha!! Nah, i heard they are preparing me VISA + EMPLOYMENT + AWOOF BENEFITS.....so nor need to fight. My PR na BUMPER PACKAGE grin grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Yooku: 5:14pm On Aug 28, 2017
Snappyfingaz:
Hi everyone,

I'm new on this thread and I've been trying to read through but I swear it is not easy for a newbie to understand some of the acronyms here.

So anyone, please help me with the full meaning of the following...

AOR NA2 PPR

Thanks.

Check https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/535#57418866
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by DereI(f): 5:16pm On Aug 28, 2017
So I just spoke with IQAS and was told they are currently on August 3rd documents.

For those whose documents were delivered on August 3rd, start expecting your confirmation email.

Goodluck

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 5:41pm On Aug 28, 2017
Please I am interested in the Express entry migration. however, I learnt the first thing to do is to write IELTS exam. Please can someone help me with IELTS General practice questions? and how best to prepare for the exam. I intent to write as soon as possible.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by yimiton(f): 5:49pm On Aug 28, 2017
IELTS buddy http://www.ieltsbuddy.com/, Youtube for listening, use the study package that IELTS will send to you after registration, you can actually google it and see the same materials online, http://ieltsliz.com/ and so many other resources you can google online.

Yureyes:
Please I am interested in the Express entry migration. however, I learnt the first thing to do is to write IELTS exam. Please can someone help me with IELTS General practice questions? and how best to prepare for the exam. I intent to write as soon as possible.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Saintp(m): 5:50pm On Aug 28, 2017
DereI:
So I just spoke with IQAS and was told they are currently on August 3rd documents.

For those whose documents were delivered on August 3rd, start expecting your confirmation email.

Goodluck
Is it for transcript that got there Aug 3rd or faxed documents? I faxed my documents on 18th and I have not heard a word from them.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by iwillrejoice: 6:03pm On Aug 28, 2017
DereI:

Goodluck
Uhm...thank God o. My transcripts got delivered on July 28. Tried to call them twice but no one was picking up the phone. Thanks for the update.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 6:20pm On Aug 28, 2017
Hello Seniors!

AOR (Acknowledgement of receipt) means what?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Abby2017: 6:24pm On Aug 28, 2017
You already answered the question na. grin
Acknowledgement of receipt of your application. It is a letter you receive (within 2minutes to 2days) via your CIC account after you submit your application.
dombosco:
Hello Seniors!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Canadianfly: 6:28pm On Aug 28, 2017
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Canadianfly: 6:29pm On Aug 28, 2017
dombosco:
Hello Seniors!

Means Rice and Stew Very Plenty grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Osemigho: 6:31pm On Aug 28, 2017
IQAS delivers ECA. NCE+BSC= post secondary diploma and BSC.

IQAS ECA Timeline:

1. April: initial processing payment by proxy I.e. Transferred to a local account for someone to pay abroad.

2: May: after all documents received, I received a declined Payment notification rather than all documents received. Was told to repay with money order.

3: June 26: Acknowledged receiving money order and all documents.

4: August 28: ECA received by email but dated to be ready on the 4th of August.

Projected score of 440. Don't tell me to quickly dive into the pool o. I dove but forgot swimming trunk(password) and almost drown (locked out for 24 hrs).

Thanks to those that started the thread and everyone maintaining it.

God will not disappoint us all.

18 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Remxyj: 6:37pm On Aug 28, 2017
Abby2017:
High Commission of Canada | Haut commissariat du Canada
P.O. Box 1639
42 independence Ave., Accra, Ghana
Phone | Tél.: +233 (030) 2211521

I tried the number endlessly but it didn't go thru, can it be because it's closing hour?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Newmum0615: 6:44pm On Aug 28, 2017
Hello, sorry for being a bother.
But I want to ask that if I chose an NOC at the point of expression of interest, and my employer does not give me a reference with the exact details of that NOC or at least a close match, does it mean I will be disqualified post ITA seeing that the reference letter ish comes post ITA.
Am I to get a reference letter before the expression of interest to ensure that I know exactly what will be written in there?
Hope you understand all this my plenty questions.

40manlappy:

Please note that the key thing is for the job description (JD) written on the reference letter from your employer to be a close match of the JD listed under your chosen NOC.

Using the "Search" tool of this forum, I Googled "risk management NOC" and saw the posts of Issy.debo, JesusD.way and ITA.BABE that you may find relevant. Please check the following links and provide feedback.

https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/25#40083957

https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/36#41082466

https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/715#59066600
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Abol4luv: 6:44pm On Aug 28, 2017
Hello people, can I proceed to enter the pool without my wife ECA as am the primary applicant? I intend getting some points with her academic qualifications but her ECA is not ready.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Dewys1: 6:47pm On Aug 28, 2017
Thank you for your response. However pls note that naira debit card is not allowed. Pls I will like to know the experience of anyone on the forum who just did eca with ices. Thanks

perks:

U can try with ur Naira debit Card. Otherwise someone can pay for u.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Issyman(m): 6:53pm On Aug 28, 2017
iwillrejoice:

Uhm...thank God o. My transcripts got delivered on July 28. Tried to call them twice but no one was picking up the phone. Thanks for the update.
I believe they decide not to pick calls as wifey called their line for 50mins but nobody responded.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Abby2017: 7:05pm On Aug 28, 2017
Most likely...I don't have experience with calling them though, but retry when office is open. Also take note of the country code, compare what you have with pix below.
Remxyj:

I tried the number endlessly but it didn't go thru, can it be because it's closing hour?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by 40manlappy: 7:10pm On Aug 28, 2017
gogedda:
How valid is the bolded? I am planing on using work experience from 2011-2014, I have both Bsc and Msc...Bsc was completed in 2010 while Msc was completed in 2015...I only did ECA for my Msc. Are you saying my work experience is invalid? The last time I checked, CIC says work experience from last 10 years can be used to gain point..

Your last sentence is valid.

Apparently, the poster is mixing the requirements of Australian Immigration with Canadian Express Entry. Don't see why you should bother yourself cheesy

cc: Bimpsy99, kissoflife

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Remxyj: 7:11pm On Aug 28, 2017
Abby2017:
Most likely...I don't have experience with calling them though, but retry when office is open. Also take note of the country code, compare what you have with pix below.

Thanks.... But this thing sef they confuse me, is it that they have different email address? The email address I sent a mail to is Accra.immigration@international.gc.ca and I got automated response saying they will reply shortly so I'm surprised to see a different email address on the screen shot....
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by 40manlappy: 7:20pm On Aug 28, 2017
Newmum0615:
Hello, sorry for being a bother.
But I want to ask that if I chose an NOC at the point of expression of interest, and my employer does not give me a reference with the exact details of that NOC or at least a close match, does it mean I will be disqualified post ITA seeing that the reference letter ish comes post ITA.
Am I to get a reference letter before the expression of interest to ensure that I know exactly what will be written in there?
Hope you understand all this my plenty questions.

Lol, you are not a "bother" cheesy

It's not a problem, had a similar issue too.

The NOC that we picked for wifey as the PA on the Express Entry profile (aka EOI) was not the same NOC that we chose when we submitted our permanent residence application.

It was after ITA that we realized that the latter was more fitting.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.