Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,267 members, 7,811,764 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:13 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1507373 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 29, 2017
@Sistag, I think Uniport has sorteed out their issues with WES. Go to Wes page to confirm this.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Abby2017: 1:01pm On Aug 29, 2017
I think there is a place in the form where you will be required to document your status in the country you reside(d). Citizen/Work visa/tourist etc.. that is where the problem is, what will your answer be?

upgrade:
Goodmorning pls I have 1 yr experience working in ghana on a telecom project on contract basis, however I did not have a work permit for the period. Will this be a problem ? I have my appointment letter reference payslips n all.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Oreoluwa08(f): 1:03pm On Aug 29, 2017
einsteino:

nothing complex. inshort make i explain am for pidgin. the matter na say WES go wan sabi if you true true go school. for dem to confam say you be ogbonge graduate, you go need send them your transcript and copy of your certificate. instead of to send the copy of cert thru yeye nipost wey fit loss am or DHL with their price wey fit hold neck, you fit just fax am. Fax na osho free, e still fast pass and dem go confirm say dem don see am within 24hrs after u send am, well life na per head, so mek i talk for myself only, na so my own go.

for the transcript, sake of say WES no know who be you, na your school dem trust. so na your school must send the transcript or you fit send am yourself only if your oversabi never carry you open am to see wetin dat wicked lecturer give you for final year exam. inshort if the transcript no dey sealed, you die well cos WES go just donate am give dustbin.

after WES don receive the transcript and copy of your degree, them go bomb your email to clear u. but as per people wey know wetin dey sup, dem sabi say you fit don run dem street, dagbo(forge) the degree and transcript, com act like na ur school send am. because of this WES go send message to ur school wey oyibo call verification, to ask them wether true true the transcript come from them and wether your cert legit. once them confirm say no be sabo, dem go sama you certificate wey go clear CIC say you correct and talk the equivalent of wetin you hold like say na for canada you been go school. na this certificate you go take turn ijaw man, dive enter pool go try catch Justin Tradeau fish.

of course, you sabi say nobody be father christmas, WES no go walka all this matter for free..So you must to first apply and pay 234 oyibo money. after you don pay, dem go com give special number wey must follow your transcript and copy of cert come. the number na for them to get the scoping say na u get those docs. abeg i take God beg u, no forget to include the number, make ur matter no be like who say e wan trek for ocean. if na naija you school, get the reasoning say you gats get pesin for ur school to helep u quick quick push ur transcript and sort the verification... use your head, buy am fuel to ginger e swagger, if u like call am bribe, na u sabi. leave fight against corruption for buhari, no concern u.
Keep up the good work, i'm new to this express entry process and want to start my ECA with WeS, i want to confirm if payment must be made before faxing my certificate. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by upgrade: 1:10pm On Aug 29, 2017
[quote author=Abby2017 post=59933384]I think there is a place in the form where you will be required to document your status in the country you reside(d). Citizen/Work visa/tourist etc.. that is where the problem is, what will your answer
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Losami(m): 1:26pm On Aug 29, 2017
einsteino:

in my experience, it depends on the post office that receives it. some post office are quite efficient, again having a P.O.Box or Private mail bag does help too. Also if you or a friend work at a place that receives mail regularly, you could use the address.

post office in Nigeria do work quite well, the problem is nobody get your time to burn energy to come deliver am to you, so not a few times, your mail just sits at the post office. The guys there typically would deliver it if they have mail to deliver to someone or firm in your area wey fit annoint their hand for the troubles or cause gbege for them if they dont.

What i do when i am expecting a mail and it doesnt get delivered, is to visit the post office in charge, speak to one of the officials politely in the Nigerian way(u kno wat i mean), this always gets me my mail if they received it. inshort these days once they receive a mail that bears my name, na them dey phone me sef lol, no play o, a lil motivation would get a nigerian working better than an expatriate.

okay thanks, i will rather use regular post then.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MummyJaygirls: 1:36pm On Aug 29, 2017
ebho:
I greet you Mummyjaygirls Abeg how long does it take Ghana to stamp passport. Plenty cheap flights around the corner and one can't book.

As from 1 week upwards after receiving it, u can buy ur tickets without d passport if ur travel date still far.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 1:37pm On Aug 29, 2017
dtush:

My sister, i am still on it oo. Infact coming to this thread now is depressing. I called the CIC contact center again yday and was told they cant view my checklist documents although they can see i made payment. so i was asked to fill a web form and submit that there is nothing they can from there end.

i have submitted the web form and i got a message saying it takes 10 working days for them to get back to me. They should just cancel it and i will fill everythg again if they cant find it.
Its some sort of technical glitch or something

Sorry about that embarassed embarassed

I hope they sort it out soon. It will end in praise.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 1:47pm On Aug 29, 2017
grammy010:

please how do you add ATS to your credential to be evaluated? do you have to request for ATS transcripts from ICAN? How do I go about that? And what implication will that have on my scores i.e does it make the point higher as compared to ordinary Bsc?

Thank you
Request your ATS transcripts from ICAN and have them send it to WES, just as you would do with your university transcripts. Yes, ATS should add to your points as additional certificate. It's evaluated by WES as a one-year college level certificate.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Issyman(m): 1:51pm On Aug 29, 2017
Plz my family, as anyone from OOU used WES for ECA. What is d response time to verification mail like. Faster or slow? Did u pay additional fees for mail verification. All responses are appreciated.
One love
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by funshobabs(m): 1:52pm On Aug 29, 2017
Sometimes ago while trying to do some oversees stuff, I can't remember in particular but I clearly saw what looks like "Transcripts from university of port Harcourt are not accepted" written in red ink flashing back and forth. I wish i can remember what website was that.
One way to verify is to check if university of port Harcourt is in the list of schools attended in the drop down menu.

sistaj:

Sorry pls Op kindly clarify the statement that Wes does not conduct assessment for uniport .I need to know cos that's my alma mater for my Masters which I intend to evaluate.Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by zeecares: 2:13pm On Aug 29, 2017
sistaj:

Sorry pls Op kindly clarify the statement that Wes does not conduct assessment for uniport .I need to know cos that's my alma mater for my Masters which I intend to evaluate.Thank you
Just sent my wife's Ph.D. transcript to WES from uniport . There is even a traffic as many are sending there transcript to Wes

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ebho: 2:16pm On Aug 29, 2017
Ok thanks I will just wait
MummyJaygirls:

As from 1 week upwards after receiving it, u can buy ur tickets without d passport if ur travel date still far.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by konoplyanka: 2:37pm On Aug 29, 2017
any genuine Canada visa processing agent should contact me.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by einsteino(m): 2:42pm On Aug 29, 2017
Oreoluwa08:

Keep up the good work, i'm new to this express entry process and want to start my ECA with WeS, i want to confirm if payment must be made before faxing my certificate. Thanks

yes you would need to pay first, its after payment that you would be issued a reference number. all documents sent to WES must bear your reference number, else it would be disregarded.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sleekysilk: 2:56pm On Aug 29, 2017
Issyman:
Plz my family, as anyone from OOU used WES for ECA. What is d response time to verification mail like. Faster or slow? Did u pay additional fees for mail verification. All responses are appreciated.
One love

Hello Issyman. Yes, I used WES for my OOU. Though that was in February 2015 when international transcript was 5k and no additional fee was paid for verification. They really delayed in proocessing my transcript giving various excuses that some of my courses had no scores and I should come down to 'search for my scores/results' myself. I was fortunate to get their email somewhere somehow around December after 10 months of waiting I just had to email them practically begging them to at least respond to WES' verification even if my transcript is yet to be processed. My transcript was not sent to WES on time but the verification was done in 5days after I emailed the school on oouexamsandrecords@yahoo.com and oouexamsandrecords@oouagoiwoye.edu.ng It took OOU 12 whole months (1yr) to process my transcript and I was contacted to come pick it up from the school and before I could even take permission from my work to travel down to Ago, I got a mail from WES that my report was ready- February 2016.
Viola! soft copy received, and in another 4days, hard copy received. I just kukuma took my time before travelling.

I just pray I don't have any reason to request for anything from that school again.
Good luck to all OOU alumni

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by yimiton(f): 3:03pm On Aug 29, 2017
dtush:

My sister, i am still on it oo. Infact coming to this thread now is depressing. I called the CIC contact center again yday and was told they cant view my checklist documents although they can see i made payment. so i was asked to fill a web form and submit that there is nothing they can from there end.

i have submitted the web form and i got a message saying it takes 10 working days for them to get back to me. They should just cancel it and i will fill everythg again if they cant find it.
Its some sort of technical glitch or something

Hello Babes, how's it going? Any update from cic? If you are required to start all over like you're proposing, I hope they won't expect you to pay another application fee.

Sorry about this, even this shall pass and we shall sing a song of praise. Soon, we shall be watching Game of Thrones in real winter �

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bbaby84(f): 3:27pm On Aug 29, 2017
@Ajujuju2 how far babes? Mehn I feel you o. I've been on NA2 for a couple of days and it's like forever.
Just checking on you...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Trikings2000: 3:42pm On Aug 29, 2017
Dewys1:
Hi there, pls I am about to evaluate using ICES. Can i PM you to ask some questions about the process.

Pls do
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Oreoluwa08(f): 3:45pm On Aug 29, 2017
einsteino:

yes you would need to pay first, its after payment that you would be issued a reference number. all documents sent to WES must bear your reference number, else it would be disregarded.
Thanks alot.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Trikings2000: 3:45pm On Aug 29, 2017
Issyman:

Plz I have read ur post on ICes but I need further clarification.
1-how did u make payment? Cos I read on their site that it's only credit card.
2-can we send transcripts to them without quoting any reference number while waiting for their response on how to pay.
Plz ur swift response is highly appreciated as I want to port from Iqas.
NB. Any other person with experience of ICes can also respond.

1. Payment is required with the use of a credit card. I made payment using mt sisters credit card in the US. I think they should accept a debit card as well (mastercard or visa). Gtbank naira mastercard limit was recently increased to 1000USD. You can call their contact line btw 5.30pm to 9pm nigerian time to verify directly from ICES.

2. Yes you can send transcript without ref no. But if u have the ref no before processing ur transcript u can as well include that.

3. Documents are required to be sent via email. Only ur institution should send transcript directly via email or courier. I sent mine via email as stated on their website.

Regards.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Dewys1: 3:46pm On Aug 29, 2017
Please does IQAS accept statement of result for Bachelors Degree. It is taking time to collect certificate.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by olajide21: 3:48pm On Aug 29, 2017
Dewys1:
Please does IQAS accept statement of result for Bachelors Degree. It is taking time to collect certificate.

They should. WES accepts statement of result though.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Trikings2000: 3:48pm On Aug 29, 2017
Dewys1:
Thanks for the info. I have some pertinent questions:
1. Did you make payment through credit card.
2. I do not have a dollar credit card, can i use someone else's dollar card to make the payment?
Please help.

1. I used a dollar credit card
2. Yes u can use some1 else credit card. I used my sister's card.
3. Call to find out if debit cards are accepted. I think they shud
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by 40manlappy: 3:49pm On Aug 29, 2017
sleekysilk:

Hello Issyman. Yes, I used WES for my OOU. Though that was in February 2015 when international transcript was 5k and no additional fee was paid for verification. They really delayed in proocessing my transcript giving various excuses that some of my courses had no scores and I should come down to 'search for my scores/results' myself. I was fortunate to get their email somewhere somehow around December after 10 months of waiting I just had to email them practically begging them to at least respond to WES' verification even if my transcript is yet to be processed. My transcript was not sent to WES on time but the verification was done in 5days after I emailed the school on oouexamsandrecords@yahoo.com and oouexamsandrecords@oouagoiwoye.edu.ng It took OOU 12 whole months (1yr) to process my transcript and I was contacted to come pick it up from the school and before I could even take permission from my work to travel down to Ago, I got a mail from WES that my report was ready- February 2016.
Viola! soft copy received, and in another 4days, hard copy received. I just kukuma took my time before travelling.

[/b]I just pray I don't have any reason to request for anything from that school again.
Good luck to all OOU alumni

I share your sentiments regarding OOU @bolded.

@Issyman, maybe you should consider ICES in the light of the above.

Chose IQAS back then for the same reason i.e. verification was not required and faster processing times.

Concluded that I wouldn't mind assessing my qualifications through WES in the future if absolutely necessary.

@dtush Sorry about the stress that you are going through. Have you also tried tweeting/mailing?

It could be a system glitch like you noted.

cc: codebrew85, Dammiehar

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by toyogirl: 3:52pm On Aug 29, 2017
Amen! !!!! Thanks sis

@ the long bags, that's what I was told too, but one may need to use cling film or something of the like to line them properly....you know it cd get really chilly on air and stuff...especially clothes may soak up...

But long bag nor go fit carry all awa foodstuff kaiya oo (for we foodies grin)

MummyJaygirls:

Your faith had made u whole, For this my child, PPR will fall on you soon wink kiss

PS: I was adviced to use those long travelling bags that don't have irons in them to utilize ur KGS very well
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by toyogirl: 3:56pm On Aug 29, 2017
And your faith will surely make you whole!

Yewwygraceful:
I love this grin

Make i begin exercise my own faith abeg.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by toyogirl: 3:58pm On Aug 29, 2017
Thanks Bro! smiley

boldinc:
Keep the faith!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by 40manlappy: 4:15pm On Aug 29, 2017
Ballerz:

I don't even revert to my schools for transcript again, I simply log on to WES to send to them. The last time I liaised with my undergrad school for transcript was 6 years ago after I discovered WES. Cheaper and faster to get response.

Please, do you know if the bolded also apply to other assessing bodies, especially ICAS and IQAS?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Iruosonobrugwhe: 4:18pm On Aug 29, 2017
The issue has been sorted. WES conducted assessment for my wife from UniPort

sistaj:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ballerz: 4:26pm On Aug 29, 2017
sistaj:

pls do you really mean Wes does not evaluate uniport credentials cos that's my alma mater and I wish to evaluate the certificate.

Find attached.
Last I checked tho

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Adeniyitob: 4:52pm On Aug 29, 2017
Issyman:
One love

Hello,

My hubby got his transcript sent to WES from OOU after paying 50k in April this year..He also paid 16k to a lady who helped him send to WES via DHL as the 50k wasnt inclusive of courier. The verification from OOU was swift and no extra payment was made. On receipt of the email from WES that the school needs to verify his certificate , I sent my cousin who happens to be in school at that time to exams and records and notify them. She said the moment she got there she was asked to wait so they could check and then they responded immediately.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cheapphones: 4:52pm On Aug 29, 2017
Ballerz:

Can I advise you?
Please use WES.
That credential assessment is not a one off thing. From my experience you will always need it when you arrive.
You want to join a professional body, they will ask for it. You want to go to school they will ask for WES. You want to school in US, they will ask for WES. I know people who went for this jeko jeko bodies, when they wanted to apply to US schools, they told them they only accept WES (Because WES already has a reputation.) Except you school in Uni Port, WES does not conduct evaluation for them I think because they are not trustworthy in authenticating their certificates.
I don't even revert to my schools for transcript again, I simply log on to WES to send to them. The last time I liaised with my undergrad school for transcript was 6 years ago after I discovered WES. Cheaper and faster to get response.

To avoid double spending in future... Go for WES
Cheers
Do you mean that one can send transcript individually to wes, and not the school sending it directly??
This is what has been keeping me waiting since o

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.