Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,766 members, 7,827,841 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Is It Right For A Man To Move Into His Wifes Apartment - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Right For A Man To Move Into His Wifes Apartment (3803 Views)

The Coffin Of A Man Who Had 10 Wifes In Ghana And Had S-e-x. Every Day And Reque / Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be a Close Friend With Single Guy? / Is It Right For A Man To Bath His Own Daughter Who Is Over 3 Years? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right For A Man To Move Into His Wifes Apartment by theemy(m): 12:11am On Aug 20, 2017
A friend of mine recently got married and his wife has an apartment of her own so in other to save cost they have decided to move into her apartment pls fellow landers is this right I need advice
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Move Into His Wifes Apartment by PDPGuy: 2:07am On Aug 20, 2017
I see nothing wrong with his move. After all, now that they are married, the apartment now belongs to both of them.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Move Into His Wifes Apartment by Nutase: 3:11am On Aug 20, 2017
If they are truly married its okay unless the mans ego is clouding his judgement.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Move Into His Wifes Apartment by Kseafresh: 3:40am On Aug 20, 2017
It's very wrong ...Mess up and One day she'll Chase you out

5 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Move Into His Wifes Apartment by ahnie: 4:33am On Aug 20, 2017
You need advice.....all these my friend crew has started again.

6 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Move Into His Wifes Apartment by Nobody: 5:34am On Aug 20, 2017
PDPGuy:
I see nothing wrong with his move. After all, now that they are married, the apartment now belongs to both of them.

My dear friend, I'm going to give you some advice. Never ever move into a woman's home. Move her into yours or move in together. I have never seen it work out for any man. I can personally attest to this as well. If the man comes in without his own, a level of mutual respect will be missing. Don't try it.

11 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Move Into His Wifes Apartment by PDPGuy: 6:07am On Aug 20, 2017
FortuneTeller:

My dear friend, I'm going to give you some advice. Never ever move into a woman's home. Move her into yours or move in together. I have never seen it work out for any man. I can personally attest to this as well. If the man comes in without his own, a level of mutual respect will be missing. Don't try it.

Moving into the woman's apartment may be a temporary move until they find a new place. Maybe he stays in a studio whilst she lives in a one-bedroom apt. Of course, they could both contribute towards the payment of the rent for their new place
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Move Into His Wifes Apartment by Femsyn(m): 6:12am On Aug 20, 2017
Don't let love becloud your judgment. Theoretically, there shouldn't be any hassle, after all they are now one, but practically, I have never seen this work ever.

A woman will forever be a woman. I'm not trying to demonise them, no no, far from it, but you don't leave a yam in care of a goat!

Sooner or later, your ego will question all her actions and she will react with her "wonderfully" made mouth.
Don't even make it temporal.

9 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Move Into His Wifes Apartment by Nobody: 6:27am On Aug 20, 2017
PDPGuy:

Moving into the woman's apartment may be a temporary move until they find a new place. Maybe he stays in a studio whilst she lives in a one-bedroom apt. Of course, they could both contribute towards the payment of the rent for their new place

Ok friend. It sounds good in theory, but I have personally never seen it work out well, unless it's 3 months or less. My advice to you is to get a new apartment together if you ever meet this bridge.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Move Into His Wifes Apartment by mysticwarrior(m): 6:51am On Aug 20, 2017
Femsyn:
Don't let love becloud your judgment. Theoretically, there shouldn't be any hassle, after all they are now one, but practically, I have never seen this work ever.

A woman will forever be a woman. I'm not trying to demonise them, no no, far from it, but you don't leave a yam in care of a goat!

Sooner or later, your ego will question all her actions and she will react with her "wonderfully" made mouth.
you are very correct, some women will even go as far as to subject the man to all form insults, the man will have no say on who the woman bring in as visitors. A woman may coax you to stay in her house but my brother when the music changes, you will helplessly be filled with surprise when she begins to exercise authority over you, some of them will even refuse to open the door for you the day you come home late, and if you question her action she will throw your property outside, a woman she is and a woman she will always remain, it happened to a man in man street, and am only giving my opinion judging from my own eye witness experience.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Move Into His Wifes Apartment by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:20am On Aug 20, 2017
there is nothing wrong with the act, unless you are a low self esteem insecure man. you guys marry for better or worse, isnt it?

Kseafresh:

you mean, she will DIVORCE him, and get her house back?! whats wrong with that?! who would even want to stay with a woman who does NOT want to be with you?! what kind of insecure muppet is that?! if she doesnt want to be with you then get the fukc out of there. marriage is NOT by force!

10 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Move Into His Wifes Apartment by Nobody: 7:30am On Aug 20, 2017
MrBrownJay1:
there is nothing wrong with the act, unless you are a low self esteem insecure man. you guys marry for better or worse, isnt it?

you mean, she will DIVORCE him, and get her house back?! whats wrong with that?! who would even want to stay with a woman who does NOT want to be with you?! what kind of insecure muppet is that?! if she doesnt want to be with you then get the fukc out of there. marriage is NOT by force!

Guy man cool
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Move Into His Wifes Apartment by Nobody: 7:31am On Aug 20, 2017
FortuneTeller:

Mtcheeew.
Katikati.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Move Into His Wifes Apartment by thorpido(m): 8:03am On Aug 20, 2017
If the man is not insecured,then there's no big deal about it as long as he is not jobless and a leech.
You're married and have become one except the love that brought you together dies.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Move Into His Wifes Apartment by Viking007(m): 8:41am On Aug 20, 2017
Femsyn:

@emboldened got me lmao! cheesy
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Move Into His Wifes Apartment by akankemi1(f): 12:21pm On Aug 20, 2017
no big deal...you are one already.
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Move Into His Wifes Apartment by Nobody: 12:23pm On Aug 20, 2017
PDPGuy:

For most men, it's an ego problem _nothing more. If I am the woman, I will prefer we get a new place, I don't want any man's insecurity to give me headache. I won't even be with an insecure man to start with.

MrBrownJay1:
there is nothing wrong with the act, unless you are a low self esteem insecure man. you guys marry for better or worse, isn't it?

you mean, she will DIVORCE him, and get her house back?! what's wrong with that?! who would even want to stay with a woman who does NOT want to be with you?! what kind of insecure muppet is that?! if she doesn't want to be with you then get the fukc out of there. marriage is NOT by force!

It's the revised standard marriage. They marry each other, take vows _ while they plan how to outdo each other in their hearts. Then you hear statements like "a woman will always be a woman and men will always be men". They use that statement to justify the Great Wall of China, they surround themselves with inside a marriage.

Why be with someone you have to so protect yourself from?!

6 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Move Into His Wifes Apartment by Daeylar(f): 12:42pm On Aug 20, 2017
Misogynistic men doing what they do best

Femsyn:

mysticwarrior:
you are very correct, some women will even go as far as to subject the man to all form insults, the man will have no say on who the woman bring in as visitors. A woman may coax you to stay in her house but my brother when the music changes, you will helplessly be filled with surprise when she begins to exercise authority over you, some of them will even refuse to open the door for you the day you come home late, and if you question her action she will throw your property outside, a woman she is and a woman she will always remain, it happened to a man in man street, and am only giving my opinion judging from my own eye witness experience.

Kseafresh:

I guess this also means that it's wrong for a woman to move into a man's house because if the woman messes up the man can also chase her out. undecided

depends on the man, depends on the woman

op i do not think there is anything wrong with It. If they are OK with it then there is nothing to worry about.

6 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Move Into His Wifes Apartment by Nobody: 12:51pm On Aug 20, 2017
PaperLace:

For most men, it's an ego problem _nothing more. If I am the woman, I will prefer we get a new place, I don't want any man's insecurity to give me headache. I won't even be with an insecure man to start with.

It's the revised standard marriage. They marry each other, take vows _ while they plan how to outdo each other in their hearts. Then you hear statements like "a woman will always be a woman and men will always be men". They use that statement to justify the Great Wall of China, they surround themselves with inside a marriage.

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Move Into His Wifes Apartment by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:01pm On Aug 20, 2017
PaperLace:

if it is an ego issue then THIS man is the problem and should work on his own demon...but what shocks me is that you would actually move and get a new place accommodate such low self esteem insecurity in your own union?! then you are no better than these deluded men.

these are damaged people, and anyone should run away from these miserable people.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Move Into His Wifes Apartment by Nobody: 1:12pm On Aug 20, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

if it is an ego issue then THIS man is the problem and should work on his own demon...but what shocks me is that you would actually move and get a new place accommodate such low self esteem insecurity in your own union?! then you are no better than these deluded men.

True, that's why I said I won't even be with such a man in the first place. Though some people go ahead to marry such people, then device various mechanisms to make it work _ (e.g) the illustration I gave of getting a new place.

these are damaged people, and anyone should run away from these miserable people.

You can say that again.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Move Into His Wifes Apartment by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:14pm On Aug 20, 2017
PaperLace:

True, that's why I said I won't even be with such a man in the first place. Though some people go ahead to marry such people, then device various mechanisms to make it work _ (e.g) the illustration I gave of getting a new place.

You can say that again.

ah ok, misunderstood your post... my bad.
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Move Into His Wifes Apartment by Droyal(f): 2:19pm On Aug 20, 2017
Lool what's the big deal.

If you are so insecured go and rent another apartment with agent and agreement instead of just continuing the wifeys rent.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Move Into His Wifes Apartment by Nobody: 5:21pm On Aug 20, 2017
ahnie:
You need advice.....all these my friend crew has started again.
As in ehn, was just about to raise similar observation. Dude needs advice for his friend, lol lol lol. That's some banter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Move Into His Wifes Apartment by Femsyn(m): 7:06pm On Aug 20, 2017
I would like to learn from "de-misogynised" men/women on this topic. My stance on this is not from a personal point of view, but from what I have seen happen again and again from experience. If you have a different experience, you can share and I can equally learn, but speaking theoretically with grammar-laden terms won't solve anything. I can tell you categorically that as we speak right now, a friend's once loving family is being threatened by this same singular decision. Some of us warned him then, but was equally quick to mention "low self-esteem", "insecurity", "misogyny" and other big big grammar.

My stance is not based on what I read, but what has been experienced by friends and colleagues - Never ends well. But all the same, I would love to learn from the experiences of those whose result went differently.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Move Into His Wifes Apartment by Femsyn(m): 7:09pm On Aug 20, 2017

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Move Into His Wifes Apartment by olureignforever: 7:52pm On Aug 20, 2017
Tell your friend that he need to be a man. They should go for a new apartment to avoid friction and let out the wife's apartment . My one cent

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Move Into His Wifes Apartment by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 20, 2017
Femsyn:
I can tell you categorically that as we speak right now, a friend's once loving family is being threatened by this same singular decision. Some of us warned him then, but was equally quick to mention "low self-esteem", "insecurity", "misogyny" and other big big grammar.

My stance is not based on what I read, but what has been experienced by friends and colleagues - Never ends well. But all the same, I would love to learn from the experiences of those whose result went differently.

For your friend's single case, there are 10> cases of women being at the receiving end. What do you suggest for those women? They shouldn't move into their husbands house because men will always be men, right?

Do you people ever see the good marriage experiences of friends and colleagues? smiley

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Move Into His Wifes Apartment by vincent10(m): 8:03pm On Aug 20, 2017
Perfectly OK if the man commence payment of rent from henceforth.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Move Into His Wifes Apartment by enabledgoddess(f): 8:05pm On Aug 20, 2017
you mean to tell me your friend got married without having his own apartment ? I wouldn't support that . soon the woman will remind him that "this is my house" by all means I think your friend should man up and get his own apartment move his wife in, rather than throw his respect and ego to the mud all in the bid to save 'cost'
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Move Into His Wifes Apartment by Femsyn(m): 8:17pm On Aug 20, 2017
PaperLace:

For your friend's single case, there are 10> cases of women being at the receiving end. What do you suggest for those women? They shouldn't move into their husbands house because men will always be men, right?

Do you people ever see the good marriage experiences of friends and colleagues? smiley

No PaperLace, you are getting it wrong, it's not about who is at the receiving end. In fact, for now, just assume I'm not a male. The marriage is the entity I'm concerned about. They say, where two elephants fight, the grass suffers. In this case, the grasses are the children and marriage itself.

When the chips are down, they both suffer, wife and husband. Back to the example I gave, currently, the wife and husband are living separately, because the husband suddenly rented a new apartment without the opinion of the wife. In this case, they are both suffering, their marriage is suffering and their little child shares in it too.

OP, I would like to ask, why does he want to move to his wife's apartment? Proximity? Some peculiarities? Or he is broke?

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Move Into His Wifes Apartment by Nobody: 8:32pm On Aug 20, 2017
Femsyn:

No PaperLace, you are getting it wrong, it's not about who is at the receiving end. In fact, for now, just assume I'm not a male. The marriage is the entity I'm concerned about. They say, where two elephants fight, the grass suffers. In this case, the grasses are the children and marriage itself.

When the chips are down, they both suffer, wife and husband. Back to the example I gave, currently, the wife and husband are living separately, because the husband suddenly rented a new apartment without the opinion of the wife. In this case, they are both suffering, their marriage is suffering and their little child shares in it too.

OP, I would like to ask, why does he want to move to his wife's apartment? Proximity? Some peculiarities? Or he is broke?

I'm also concerned about the marriage.

For those women who moved to their husband's house and are at the mercies of his wonderful mouth _ because men will always be men. What do you suggest?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sister Needs Baby's Social Security Number / Should I Let My Wife Cheat? / Women That Allow Their Husband Beg For Sex!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.