Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,747 members, 7,820,575 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

The NBC ban of unverified TV miracles in Nigeria - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The NBC ban of unverified TV miracles in Nigeria (11818 Views)

Top 10 Astonishing Miracles (international) / Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church / Synagogue Church Of All Nations Caught Selling Fake Miracles In Britain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The NBC ban of unverified TV miracles in Nigeria by Seun(m): 1:06am On Apr 06, 2005
The National Broadcasting Corporation (NBC) placed a ban on the broadcasting of unverified miracles on TV (and radio) stations in Nigeria. Here are some views from people featured in the Sun News Online, our preferred online newspaper:

[I]"Let me say this, I have always believed that the remedy to wrong use is not non-use but right use. This ban is working for us because the former attraction to come to the Lord through miracles, had its own plus and minus. People should come to God not just because of miracles. They should come to church because they love God."[/I]
Christian Ikechukwu Philips

[I]"It is difficult for me to comment on this area. I have always given God the honour of being the judge. As a Christian, the Bible is the basis, and we must take cognizance of the fact that not all that call the name of the Lord will enter the kingdom of God. The devil himself has been known to showcase some miracles too. So we have to be careful not to be carried away."[/I]
Thomas Audu

[I]"Government can’t really ban miracles. I think they are just wasting their time. That is just wasting time because such ban is despising Christianity. It is something that any government should be careful about. I think the government has got more to do than to get itself involved in matters like that. This is an issue that transcends laboratory test. It is the recipient that knows what he has gotten."[/I]
Rev Felix Meduoye

[I]"They (those who made the order banning miracles on TV) are talking like human beings. But what I think should happen is to allow them to run but if you don’t want to hear them, you can shut off your set. What it will result in is that we will go across the borders to Benin Republic, our neighbours, one hour drive from here, open stations and do whatever we want to do. They can’t stop that. I don’t think what they are trying to do is good for Christianity. I am sure the NBC order will be short-lived. We can go to Benin Republic and do what we are doing."[/I]
Pastor (Dr) Francis Ade Jimoh Titus

[I]"I welcomed it. The question is miracle at whose instance. Everything is all set before the cameras. Nigeria is the only country I see miracle happen instantly. If you go to civilized countries you won’t see this. That is another extreme because they have conquered the environment. I welcome the ban, it is not a mark of true religion but false utopia. I didn’t say that I don’t believe in miracles. I do. My existence itself is a miracle."[/I]
Father Gabriel Osu

[I]"Although, it is very difficult to ban miracles as they are act of God not human, it is still very important to know that governmen[/b]t in its own wisdom [b]is trying to save the church from ridicule and mockery as a lot of things are being shown on TV today in form of miracles. So, if government can regulate it, it will be a most welcome development. But government must be honest with the way it handles the matter."[/I]
Pastor (Prof.) S.O. Ewuola

[I]"Honestly, I don’t believe in those TV miracles because I believe it’s all lies and crap. I think people should stop taking advantage of people. I pray (to God) and He answers me."[/I]
Chief (Mrs). Olutomi Taiwo Adeife

[I]"The Bible is being confirmed that the system of things are being dominated by the god of this world and remember the god of this world has a set standard in all things. The banning of miracles on television must not be seen as persecution against Christ and His followers. But I must say it is a declaration of test of reality. If your miracles are banned on television and you know that you are indeed ordained by Christ, why must you cry over that? Why must you even make noise over it? [/b]Why must you disturb the world about it?"[/I]
Prophet Solomon Ozi David

[I]"The government, hear me, has no right to ban miracle broadcasting in the country, just because the government has controlling influence or control on these organs of broadcasting. The government can stop the ministers of God from advertising such miracles on Television and Radio [b]but the government can never stop miracles from happening even in the church on a regular basis
because we believe in Christ, we believe in the God of miracles, and his children need these miracles in their lives."[/I]
Rev (Dr) Chris Lamar

[I]"Jesus did miracles while he was here on earth and there are miracles everyday. But not all those miracles we see on television. In fact, I thank President Obasanjo for banning miracles on television. Miracles happen everyday. The fact that you wake up in the morning hale and hearty is a miracle."[/I]
Monsignor Livinus Uka

[I]"There should not be a blanket clampdown. Not all these miracles are fakes. Not all of them are genuine either. So, we should exercise caution. Unfortunately, we cannot carry out any laboratory experiment to determine the authenticity of any claim to miracle but, ‘by their fruit, you shall know them', that is what the Bible says. Miracle is part and parcel of Christianity. But some people have turned it into black magic, deceiving people thereby. We don't need to advertise miracle. Each time Jesus performed any miracle, he would tell the person, "Don't tell anybody,' or 'Go and show yourself to certain people.'"[/I]
Archbishop Sunday Ola Makinde

[I]"I don’t like the craze for miracles. As APCON chairman, I have always been an advocate of placing a ban on miracle marketing. Oh yes. So I support absolutely what the Nigeria Broadcasting Commission is doing (banning miracle preaching on television)."[/I]
Chief Olu Falomo

[I]"I have to be honest with you, there are real miracles of God and there are fake miracles of Satan. If you are a Bible believer, you should be conversant with the story of Moses in Egypt. By the power of God, he did so many things and the magicians of Pharaoh did almost the same thing. But the power of God proved to be superior. What we see today is not the finger of God."[/I]
Reverend John Ogu

[I]"There are several areas to look at the problem. If you preach and you say people get healed immediately, you must be able to verify that actually the person being healed was actually sick before. Journalists should actually do investigative job. Go out and investigate these preachers and if you find out that what they claim to have done is fake, expose them.If NBC says don’t preach miracles, then they have violated our religious rights. And this we will not take from NBC."[/I]
Evangelist Matthew Owojaiye

[I]"A situation whereby you promote only miracle and you don’t preach and teach the word, it is not complete ,
I will also like to use this forum to ask NBC to look into other areas because it is very easy to clamp down on religious activities while there are many other activities that are corrupting and polluting our children. If they must ban miracles, they should also look into some advertisements like alcohol, films, cigarettes and movies that are beyond the level of children."[/I]
Evangelist Vero Enewa Aluma

[I]"Television is even the best place to disgrace the fake miracle merchants. If is a matter of time. If they are deceiving people, they will be discovered one day and be disgraced out. The ban on miracle workers should not be. I think they should be left to disgrace themselves the more."[/I]
Rev. Henry Olufemi Awoniyi

[I]"I know that anything that has original also has fake. The ban has its advantages and disadvantages. With or without the ban, people must be saved. If the miracles are real, it will be good to encourage people, if fake, then God will disgrace the miracle performers. The ban is a way to control things. People now see miracle as the easiest way to reach God. If you go to this place, you will receive miracles. Nobody tries to know if the miracle is coming from God or not. The ban is good so people will seek God instead of miracles."[/I]
Evangelist John Nkwocha

And, finally this insightful observation::
[I]"It is not a ban on miracle; rather it is a ban on the misuse of miracles. That is my own interpretation. Miracles belong to God. It is only God alone that can perform miracle. But the way it is being performed, that is the reason for the ban and no man can manipulate it."[/I]
Rev. Mba Idika

You have read what other people think. So what do [I]you[/I] think?

2 Likes

Re: The NBC ban of unverified TV miracles in Nigeria by diakim(m): 8:19pm On Apr 13, 2005
This is a matter than must be carefully commented on.

Personally, I don't watch those miracle workers on the tv, I prefer listening to solid sermons than some acting showmanship. But at the same time, as a christian, I know one way or the other, God is using the ministries of these miracle workers to bring some souls to His kingdom. I must also point out that some of this miracles being showcased on the tv may be fraudulent.

It is not for the NCC to ban miracles, less they become an instrument in the hand of Anti-Christs to hinder the spread of the gospel. Soon, they might completely banish preaching on the air. They can be used against the chrisitian religion.

There are worse things to banish on the air other than miracles. They should look into this. Though, the banning will bring some sanity into preaching on the tv, which is highly welcomed in order to checkmate fraudulent ministers, but my fear is, one day, NCC may wake up and totally ban preaching on the tvs.
Re: The NBC ban of unverified TV miracles in Nigeria by Chigszy(f): 7:52pm On Apr 17, 2005
i do believe in miracle no doubt about that but i think that a lot of people in nigeria are just using religion as a form of business. it is all for money gains. it is juat sad that a lot of these bad apples are also corrupting the image of the few good people. i mean i do believe in miracle but when i have seen a lot of these fakes when i do see something that might seem real, i have my doubts believeing in it. so i think that was a good call by the gov to take those show off the tv. a man of GOD should not only be oraising GOD so that people would be like he is a good person even if they are genuine, removing them from the screen should not affect their faith and practise. it is only hypocrasy if we only go in public to celebrate the gosple or good news so that people would be like yeah we r good people.
Re: The NBC ban of unverified TV miracles in Nigeria by Greatpeter(m): 2:37pm On Jul 06, 2005
Miracle is good I belief in miracles because I belief in God.
Banning unverified Miracles is good but we must be care with it.
You will see that the Churches have started having their own private stations on cables.
Re: The NBC ban of unverified TV miracles in Nigeria by Seun(m): 5:11pm On Sep 09, 2005
Why did these pastors decide to stop broadcasting their TV miracles instead of employing reputable doctors to verify their miracles?

1 Like

Re: The NBC ban of unverified TV miracles in Nigeria by cushman(m): 6:23pm On Sep 09, 2005
I personally don't believe in miracles,but i rely on them
Re: The NBC ban of unverified TV miracles in Nigeria by donnie(m): 6:03pm On Sep 14, 2005
It is a terrible deceptive scheme of Satan that's slowly finding it's way into our nation and which I think if not taken care of will soon evade and eventually sweep away the tenets of this Glorious gospel of our Lord Jesus which have been handed down to us by the Holy Spirit and which we hold so dearly as individuals and as a nation.

We should not let the same evil which evaded the church in Rome where the state ran the church (during the dark ages) and also which is causing the moral decadence in USA and Europe where (as in the US) it is now a crime to make school children say prayers in public.

"Ah is that possible in Nigeria?" u may exclaim....Well who would have thought that in our Nation today where we claim to operate a democry, the government can decide to clamp down on Television Programs/stations which show-case miracles saying that they are "Unverifiable & Unbelievable". Also on their list of offensive programs are those that show large crowds and people falling under the Power of the Holy Spirit.

"Ah that has to so with Pastor Chris and Christ Embassy" u may again exclaim. Certain christians in Nigeria...even so called penticostals cheered the Government on as they continued whith their antichrist-inspired campaign.

Like Paul will say "Who has bewitched u" that u should not believe in the Power of This Glorious Gospel of our Lord enough to Contend for it!

These same set of christians were in shock at the discussions on talk-shows not too long ago held by govt officials and agencies advocating for the institution of 'CHURCH TAX'....On the grounds that the churches make a lot of money and therfore should be taxed. Now how does that sound?

U must understand that when you see the devil showing up and you do not bind him but allow him to take a step...he will on his own take three. This is not about one church or group of churches...it is about our faith. The bible says we should earnestly contend for the fatih which was hande down to us . Do not take this Liberty which we have in our nation for granted. You wouldn't know its value until you loose it.

Where is the Freedom of Expression & Worship which we claim to have through our constitution? This is an infringement on our rights, not only as Nigerians, but as Christians. THIS IS TERRORISM!

Its about time we as christians RISE UP and PRAY, CONTEND, FIGHT and SPEAK OUT for the faith of this glorious gospel of our Lord and resist any attempt by the Devil...whether in the form of a Law or decree of government or by manipulations from religious groups of any sort to steal this Liberty that we have in Christ Jesus.

The devil has not changed ....he raised persecution against Jesus, Paul, Peter, John and the rest of the Apostles for the same reasons. He is still doing the same things today...we shoudn't let him have his way in our nation...let us save this nation and preserve this gospel for our children.

Who knows... today it is miracles and church tax...tommorow it could be that government would recommend what kind of bibles to read and preach from.

WAKE UP AND ACT NOW!
Re: The NBC ban of unverified TV miracles in Nigeria by donnie(m): 6:26pm On Sep 14, 2005
THE UNPARDONNABLE SIN

“It is a show.... an occult practice…black magic… ”…The miracles are stage-managed.”…They are faked…unverifiable…deceiving the people…” Statements such as these can only come from the lips of one who is accursed and headed for destruction. The things of God are not to be used for jesting or spoken of carelessly. Jesus warned in Mathew 12:31-32 that “… the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven…neither in this world nor in the world to come.”

It is important to note that this warning was given by the Jesus in response to the criticism of the Pharisees who attributed a work of healing performed by the Master to devils (Mathew 12:22-24). Unfortunately many of those who criticize miracles today are Christians who claim to know God just as the Pharisees did.

The same warning still applies today for all those who want to make mockery of the acts of God whether Christian or non-Christian. You may say, “ I am not a church person”, well find out what the judgement of God upon an unchurched person could be like in Acts 13:6-11. The bible tells us that the destruction of the transgressor and the sinner shall be together therefore the Holy Spirit stands to resist and fight against anyone who calls his/herself a Christian and yet stands to speak blasphemy against His work ( Isiah 63:8-10). Desist from speaking evil concerning things of the Spirit of God which you do not understand… rather ask God for understanding.

The Lord Jesus is not dead but alive and is still doing what he did in bible days through the hands of those who believe and even greater things for he had said, “He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do…” As you can see, these works have already been spoken of in the Holy scriptures. The world would definitely see more of these mighty works of our Lord Jesus Christ demonstrated through His precious saints who continually reveal God’s Love to our hurting world and no man, demon, angel or authority in heaven, on earth or underneath the earth can stand against this move of God in these last days.

The judgement of God will surely visit the house of any and everyone who calls what He is doing a mere magic trick or advertisement. Whether NBC or no NBC, the same anointing that opens blind eyes, unstops deaf ears and heals the cripple will turn around and become the enemy of such folks, frustrating their lives regardless of how much they pray. The miracles of Jesus have never and can never be (throughout the church age) subject to the verification of man. The testifiers of these miracles themselves are the ones to be sought after if any such verification is to be done. Therefore we will never bring insult to the all-powerful Name of Jesus by subjecting His mighty works to the verification of man before they are published.

Therefore, I consider this recent move by NBC to ban Christian miracle programs an action against Almighty God and not just ‘miracle preachers’. They should therefore be prepared to inherit the diseases, sicknesses, pains, sufferings and poverty of millions who have put their hopes on God-inspired and anointed TV programs such as ‘Atmosphere for Miracles’ by Pastor Chris which bring the presence and salvation of God to them in their homes.

Be wise and GET OUT OF THE WRATH!
Re: The NBC ban of unverified TV miracles in Nigeria by layi(m): 6:43pm On Sep 14, 2005
Well said Donnie. I just pity Christians who support this ban. Who is NBC to ban the showing of Miracles. Peolple have the right not to watch.
I believe in Miracles simply because i believe in GOD. I have personally been healed through such broadcast and it pains me that someone somewhere would say they are unverified.

Truth is the NBC just doesnt want miracles aired again. Its just an excuse that they are unverified. What stops the NBC from verifyin the Miracles themselves.

I'm angry beyond words ..not that the NBC is bannin such but that the Christian body supports it.
Believe me christianity without Miracles is no christianity.
Re: The NBC ban of unverified TV miracles in Nigeria by donnie(m): 6:50pm On Sep 14, 2005
Point of Correction: NBC and not NCC
Re: The NBC ban of unverified TV miracles in Nigeria by Seun(m): 3:25am On Sep 15, 2005
Can you then tell me why the preachers decided to stop broadcasting the miracles instead of employing Medical doctors to verify the miracles?
Re: The NBC ban of unverified TV miracles in Nigeria by layi(m): 12:22pm On Sep 15, 2005
The NBC just doesnt want Miracles aired. I can talk for christ embassy. We've got doctors as part of the healing team. These miracles are verified but the NBC can't just ban TV programmes without givin 1 "flimsy" reason or the other. The Miracles are real. I've seen the lame walk in my presence.
I just see it as part of the machinations of evil. But its all good. They've got a wider reach now with their own TV stations.
Re: The NBC ban of unverified TV miracles in Nigeria by donnie(m): 5:11pm On Sep 15, 2005
can i tell u something mr. seun... the preachers did not take the miracles off air immidiately the nbc placed the bann. in actual fact, the bann had been in effect right from 2002 immidiately after the total experienece crusade that rocked the city of lagos in december that year packing out the national stadium. the tv stations continued to show these programs despite querys and threat calls from the nbc. a particular reference can b made to a statement from one of the bosses of the nbc to the management of AIT as published by the september 2004 edition of the national standard news magazine. it was reminding the management of their failure to honour an earlier intruction sent to them and several other stations instructiong them to discontinue airing of these programs ...while making particular reference to the atmosphere for miracles program of pastor chris.

i am  also aware that there are times that phone calls have been made to these staions even during the airing of the programs commanding the officer in charge to immidiately discontinue the airing of these programs.

These most recent  announcements and futher enforcement  of the bann with request for verification came immidiately after the much talked about  night of bliss program with pastor chris in the city of port harcourt in febuary 2004 drew a record attendancee of 2.5 million attendance ina single night's event.

THIS IS TERRORISM AND THEY MUST BE STOPED!
Re: The NBC ban of unverified TV miracles in Nigeria by donnie(m): 5:22pm On Sep 15, 2005
in my own opinion, it is either our govt for some obscure political reason is trying to curb the growing influence of such men of god as chris oyakhilome who command so great a followership in order to check 'possible' political power shift( for which these men of God as far as I know them, have no interest) or some fellows (in my own opinion a sect of some so-called penticostals) have fed the presidency with damaging information as regards these great men of God whose growing influence seem to portray them as challenging the status quo.

Anyway, we do not use their own kind of man -made weapons because we trust in the living God who hath said '...i will build my church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it'! They have gathered to fall!

thank u.
Re: The NBC ban of unverified TV miracles in Nigeria by donnie(m): 5:32pm On Sep 15, 2005
Why are the people so concerned about fakes and not about the truth. Jesus said let the wheat and the shaft grow together ...at the end, the lord of the harvest will seperate the wheat from the shaft and burn up the shaft wiith fire. So it is not the responsinility of NBC neither is it the responsibility of any preacher or group of preachers.
Re: The NBC ban of unverified TV miracles in Nigeria by layi(m): 5:35pm On Sep 15, 2005
Nice talk Donnie. The weapons of our warfare are not carnal..but mighty through GOD. Let them try as hard has they can. They can't suppress God word because that word is LIVE (inherent power).
Remember what happened in the city of Ephesus.....

[center] (Amplified bible) Thus the Word of the Lord [concerning the attainment through Christ of eternal salvation in the kingdom of God] grew and spread and intensified, prevailing mightily.Acts 19:20[/center]
Re: The NBC ban of unverified TV miracles in Nigeria by donnie(m): 5:37pm On Sep 15, 2005
If u say the miracles are fake , then perform the genuine ones let us see. That is y u see, the more they challenge the power of God , the more broke of the annointing they become.

Anyway, i will suggest u take a look at this site and see if all thier noise about Banning miracles from being aired is worth the trouble: www.loveworldchristiannetwork.net
Re: The NBC ban of unverified TV miracles in Nigeria by Seun(m): 12:28pm On Sep 22, 2005
Where is the proof of the validity of these miracles? Where are the practising doctors who are ready to put their careers on the line to declare that they have seen these people before and after the miracle service and all evidence points to the genuineness of the miracle?

And where is NBC to re-assure us that the reason they have banned these miracle services is for benefit of the masses the and not for some high-ranking person who happens to be a friend of their director?
Re: The NBC ban of unverified TV miracles in Nigeria by donnie(m): 3:59pm On Sep 22, 2005
Listen Mr. Seun,

If you are looking for a proof, i am a living proof. I have experienced a miracle of healing before in a healing crusade of Christ Embassy. Apart from that, I have witnessed a blind man regain his sight in one of Pator Chris' meetings in Port Harcourt. I was a councellor in that meeting and i took record of that particular testimony and refered the man to a doctor for testing(verification). Every one of those miracles you see on TV. have been tested and proved by trained doctors who are part of the healing team. We usually have thousands of doctors, nurses and biochemists in this team.

Listen, don't bother yourself 'because the NBC knows for sure that the miracles are true. That is why up till now, they have not come up with an approved verification body or even a well laid down procedure for verification. They are just acting on instructions.

Common sense can tell u this...the miracles have been on air for several years now and we have not heared of a single case of fraud ...of someone who had been paid money to testify.

I read about a lady who is a senior officer of NBC who said that Nigerian doctors were not trust worthy and as such should not be given the resposibility of verifying these miracles. This woman happened to be the wife of the General Overseer of Four square gospel Church, who was at the time, the vice president of the PFN and also a major supporter of the Ban. So the Churches can't verify, Nigerian doctors are too currupt to verify...So NBC becomes all and all...from prosecutor to "Almighty judge"!

My question for these PFN leaders is this: They believe in Benny Hinn and Renhard Bonke's ministries. Is it easier for them to go to America to verify miracles than to go to the addresses of those we put on TV? Their names and addresses are available. These people have clear identities in Nigeria. Why don't they go there to prove the miracles wrong?

Many of those who are shown on TV have medical certificates to prove their conditions.
The NBC could even book for an appointment with the healing school of christ embassy so as to interview the candidates and watch the healing service live.

But they would not do this...they are only interested in carrying out their anti-christ inspiresd campaign. Unfortunately for those christians who are supporters of the bann, they are unaware of the fact that they are dancing to the tune of the Spirit of the Anti-Christ.

Anyone who will say that people should not be given opportunity to say what the Lord has done for them is only voicing the thoughts of demons...many of which have been cast out by these great men of God and are working hard at stopping further destruction of their kingdom.  Christians who support this are driven by envy and jealousy and  have yielded to the Spirit of the Anti-Christ without knowing.
Re: The NBC ban of unverified TV miracles in Nigeria by kamakula: 3:43am On Oct 04, 2005
you believe in miracles because you believe in God?

So, if I pretend to be sick, have some guy pray over me, then suddenly, i am healed- you will believe because you saw it on tv- because you believe in God? Well, I guess I must say I believe you are an idiot.

I can't speak for the true motivations behind banning "UNVERIFIED" miracles from TV, but I do say I support it 100%. One thing which irks me a lot are people faking being healed or some other miracle.

I think the majority of those who would be against banning unverified miracles are either idiots or those who were faking them.
Re: The NBC ban of unverified TV miracles in Nigeria by layi(m): 10:33am On Oct 04, 2005
The day U'll need a miracle in your life...U'll be forced to eat your words.
Why insult the guy or call people idiots for their belief...U seem to be parochial.

Just because someone uses an evil power to do miracles does not nullify GODs ability to do Miracles.
God loves us. He made us and wouldnt leave us to perish. Reason for Miracles. Salvation itself its a miracle and the fact that u've not experienced it does not stamp its non existence.

Miracle is simply divine intervention in the affairs of humans.
I believe in Miracles because i believe in GOD.
Re: The NBC ban of unverified TV miracles in Nigeria by kamakula: 2:28pm On Oct 04, 2005
this doesn't make sense!!

So because I don't believe in FALSE miracles - you are saying I don't believe in miracles?

That doesn't make sense!

Or are you saying that when I need a false miracle in my life, I'll be wishing I believed?

Well, if my unbelief in fakes keeps me from being a victim of false miracles - then I'm going to keep it up.
Re: The NBC ban of unverified TV miracles in Nigeria by kamakula: 2:29pm On Oct 04, 2005
the topic here is false/unverified/fake miracles.

Your bullishness is making it seem like you are saying this:

I believe in FAKE miracles because I believe in God.

Can you see how people may think that statement to be foolish?
Re: The NBC ban of unverified TV miracles in Nigeria by layi(m): 11:41am On Oct 05, 2005
"I believe in Miracles because i believe in GOD".
The means nothing else but that i believe Miracles can happen because i believe GOd exists.

There is no such thing as an unverified miracle. If its is not obvious/verified then its not qualified to be called a miracle. the pastor calls it a miracle does not make it a miracle.

Fake signs can be be wrought but they are always obvious. U'll know its fake if ur hearts aint blind.
Re: The NBC ban of unverified TV miracles in Nigeria by donnie(m): 10:09am On Oct 07, 2005
Kamakula,
I will not respond to you because you do not look like someone who is disposed to sound reason....neither will i glorify your comments about me or about miracles by responding to them.
Re: The NBC ban of unverified TV miracles in Nigeria by sage(m): 1:38am On Oct 21, 2005
Seun:

Where is the proof of the validity of these miracles? Where are the practising doctors who are ready to put their careers on the line to declare that they have seen these people before and after the miracle service and all evidence points to the genuineness of the miracle?

And where is NBC to re-assure us that the reason they have banned these miracle services is for benefit of the masses the and not for some high-ranking person who happens to be a friend of their director?

Exactly. And Donnie y dont these 'miracle workers' ever heal confirmed AIDS patients
Re: The NBC ban of unverified TV miracles in Nigeria by donnie(m): 11:54am On Oct 24, 2005
Sage,

Please do not join the camp of those who talk out of ignorance. Who told you that there have not been cases of confirmed Aids patients being heald. There have been several of such cases, too numerous to mention. With certificates confirming their situations before and after their healings.

In the local church where i worship, we have living testimonies of people who have been heald of full blown AIDS! One of the beneficiaries of this miracle working power of God is my personal friend. In case you do not realise, what you you are questioning is not just the genuinness of these men of God, but the ability of God to cure AIDS.

I challenge you, if you have any such case, to go online and book an appointment for your him/her with the healing school of Christembassy and experience God's miraculous power for yourself. www.christembassyhealingschool.org 

The victim of AIDS does not even need to see the man of God if He is Born-again and filled with the Holy Spirit... and if  he/ she can fully comprehend and appropriate God's Word in his/her life... allowing the Word to produce results in his/her body!

Rom. 8:11
"And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in you. "
Re: The NBC ban of unverified TV miracles in Nigeria by omon(m): 2:07pm On Oct 24, 2005
My own mother got healed and since that experience, she has been living healthy. What more do you want as proof?
Re: The NBC ban of unverified TV miracles in Nigeria by sage(m): 5:14pm On Oct 26, 2005
donnie:

Sage,

Please do not join the camp of those who talk out of ignorance. Who told you that there have not been cases of confirmed Aids patients being heald. There have been several of such cases, too numerous to mention. With certificates confirming their situations before and after their healings.

In the local church where i worship, we have living testimonies of people who have been heald of full blown AIDS! One of the beneficiaries of this miracle working power of God is my personal friend. In case you do not realise, what you you are questioning is not just the genuinness of these men of God, but the ability of God to cure AIDS.

I challenge you, if you have any such case, to go online and book an appointment for your him/her with the healing school of Christembassy and experience God's miraculous power for yourself. www.christembassyhealingschool.org

The victim of AIDS does not even need to see the man of God if He is Born-again and filled with the Holy Spirit... and if he/ she can fully comprehend and appropriate God's Word in his/her life... allowing the Word to produce results in his/her body!

Rom. 8:11
"And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in you. "

A whole load of still more unverified stories. 'Testimonies' they call it. Let them save the thousands dying of AIDS who are in diffrent AIDS centers and stop giving us 'testimonies'

One thing i dont like hearing is somebody saying that asking 4 proof is testing God. That is a crap used to misled ignorant ones
Re: The NBC ban of unverified TV miracles in Nigeria by sage(m): 5:16pm On Oct 26, 2005
A whole load of still more unverified stories. 'Testimonies' they call it. Let them save the thousands dying of AIDS who are in diffrent AIDS centers and stop giving us 'testimonies'

One thing i don't like hearing is somebody saying that asking 4 proof is testing God. That is a crap used to misled ignorant ones. And dont tell me Christ did this and that.
Re: The NBC ban of unverified TV miracles in Nigeria by donnie(m): 5:44pm On Oct 26, 2005
Just like Thomas you are saying, "Unless I see in his hands the print of the nails, and place my finger in the mark of the nails, and place my hand in his side, I will not believe." (Jn 20:25)

When you need a miracle, you will believe...you will look for me. Many others have said worse things.  But by the time the doctors gave them up to die,  they searched desperately for someone who believed in miracles to help them.

Like Jesus i have this to say, "Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet believe." (Jn 20:29)
Re: The NBC ban of unverified TV miracles in Nigeria by Dmystery: 12:03pm On Dec 06, 2005
sage:

One thing i don't like hearing is somebody saying that asking 4 proof is testing God. That is a crap used to misled ignorant ones. And don't tell me Christ did this and that.

It pains me when people expose their ignorance in public without any desire tolearn. Their mind is made up and they just refuse to see reason even in the light of the Word. Let any one that want to verify anything carry a patient who is certified sick by any hospital of your choice. Register him with the Christ Embasy Healing School (ofcourse that is done with medical record only) and then get the same doctors and lab scientists to conduct their tests after Pastor Chris would have ministered to the sick man. If nothing happens, you can them talk out of knowledge not ignorance. Wisodm is profitable to direct.
As for the ban, why have they not banned all the other things that glorify the kingdom of darkness. What of the obscenities that have crept into the home videos? And if I may ask: Who made NBC the discerner of Spiritual Verities?? Dear Christians, who has bewitched you? Have you started in the spirit ans now want to continue in the flesh? Where is the gift of discernment? And even if there is anything false or fake in the miracles (if that is the result of your discernment), did your Lord, Master and Employer not say that the wheat should be allowed to grow with the tares? Are you now wiser than Him??
Did He not say that you will do greater works than He did?? And when He came to the pool of Bethsaida, did He heal all the sick or just the crippled man??
Please ask yourself some honest questions and let the Spirit of god guide you, lest you become the ignorant and zealous Saul(Paul) that kicked against the pricks in his bid to serve and work for God.
Shalom!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?) / Some Funny Churches Name. / Meet God's Generals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.