Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? (12081 Views)

Catholic Priest Slumps And Dies In Anambra During Church Service / 8 Types Of People Who Are Consistently Late For Church Service / A Boring Church Service - Can You Justify It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by Heeyhun(f): 9:42am On Oct 14, 2012
For me, i take solace in my phone, sometimes i surf the net or scan through my pictures or just endlessly rummage my phone like i never used it before.

What about you?

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by Kay17: 9:46am On Oct 14, 2012
Sleep

Or chat with whoever is interested

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by saintvc(m): 10:31am On Oct 14, 2012
2go, pinging and nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by Pennywise(m): 10:44am On Oct 14, 2012
I have never been to a church service I didnt feel like sleeping. Even when the sermon is really interesting. In the end you come away with self guilt which is why you just want to be left alone. Cell phone and browsing in Church is a complete no no when you get to a certain age. I guess students can get away with that.

5 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by DICKtator: 11:03am On Oct 14, 2012
Why don't you stop attending or walk out? It is that simple I guess
grin grin grin grin

9 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by slimyem: 11:04am On Oct 14, 2012
I either sleep with style,find something to do on my phone or carry my bible and simply go home!

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by redcliff: 11:05am On Oct 14, 2012
[size=20pt]Men, God forgive me but na PINGING till the grace[/size]

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by dabrake(m): 11:06am On Oct 14, 2012
pick up my phone >> operamini >> nairaland.com >> enter >> loading >> . . .
boredom over

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by slap1(m): 11:07am On Oct 14, 2012
I surf the net or I wait till I give my offering, and then go home. I don't like sleeping, I rather go outside the church for a short walk.
Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by Nobody: 11:09am On Oct 14, 2012
. . . .it is better to be an Atheist than to be wasting your time pretending to be a true worshipper only to start pinging in church - that is worse than atheism.

23 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by acidtalk: 11:09am On Oct 14, 2012
Shoot the pastor in the Head and Burn down the church while leaving.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by drejunior: 11:09am On Oct 14, 2012
Hahahaha I always crash, Τ̲̅ђε̲ most embarrassing moment ώɑ̣̣̝̇̇ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇ ​WξŊ I fell den ma chair Τ̲̅ђε̲ fuckin pastor ώɑ̣̣̝̇̇ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇ jxt starring at Me

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by Nobody: 11:10am On Oct 14, 2012
Stand up and Shout "Somebody give me an AMEN!!" - that should revive everyone.

#Works all the time.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by jhydebaba(m): 11:12am On Oct 14, 2012
I simply go to the bar, take some shine shine bobo and when I come back to the church I'm gonna lite it up.

*who born boringness?*

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by Birichie(m): 11:12am On Oct 14, 2012
dabrake: pick up my phone >> operamini >> nairaland.com >> enter >> loading >> . . .
boredom over
exactly,what am doing nw....d service boring die

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by Nobody: 11:13am On Oct 14, 2012
dealing with a boring service has never been my problem. the cell phone thing is outdated. lately, wearing dark sunglasses in church is becoming trendy. so i dont miss my rayban eyeglass every sunday. all i do, is just to put it on. tilt my head backward a little, still facing the pastor...... close my eyes behind my shades and do my thing. d disadvantage of this is.... u might get startled by the thunderous 'amen' or wake up when the grace is being shared or if u dey sleep like olodo... u fit fal

29 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by Nobody: 11:13am On Oct 14, 2012
jhydebaba: I simply go to the bar, take some shine shine bobo and when I come back to the church I'm gonna lite it up.

*who born boringness?*
That is much better than wasting your time going to church just to fool yourselves and people around you that you are going to worship. . . . . lipsrsealed
Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by Nobody: 11:16am On Oct 14, 2012
I stare at a statue or at that noisy child while thinking of anything; Nkechi, football, work etc. Occasionally glance at the girl with half her bosom hanging out. Go over the bulletin for the twentieth time. Sit and wonder how those around me can find such a sermon engaging, try and refocus and find myself doing one of the above after 75 secs. Can use my phone after the priest has said "mass has ended, go in peace and serve the Lord", and still takes his sweet time getting off the altar or during those long boring fund raising speeches.

5 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by chelseabmw(m): 11:17am On Oct 14, 2012
No one should disturb me,Am in church

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by Nobody: 11:17am On Oct 14, 2012
Can't remember the last time I stepped my foot in a church premises not to talk of attending a service. Lord have mercy on my soul!cry

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by Heeyhun(f): 11:20am On Oct 14, 2012
Somebody shout halleluyah
Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by cmon(m): 11:21am On Oct 14, 2012
I just log off from the sermon.... Go into fantasy mood and start thinking about how to improve or tackle an issue with my business. If there's no issue at the moment, then I'll start thinking of the next business Idea. It's far better than sleeping and every one around thinks you're very attentive.... Thinking is just one of my hobbies.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by Sekso(m): 11:23am On Oct 14, 2012
Incidentally, I am listening to a very boring sermon right now, All I can think of is my soft bed at home. A sermon without useful digression to spice it up! Well, all Sundays can't be the same. Am walking away from this forum to return to the sedating sermon! Cheers!
Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by abiL(f): 11:24am On Oct 14, 2012
Use my phone, like I'm doing now, or go to the toilet to either sleep or fix my make-up. Most times I just leave.. Church isn't by force.
Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by Fulop(m): 11:25am On Oct 14, 2012
As if dis poster knows wat kinda bored sevice am in ryt nw ..mehn na pinging tinx ooo
though na 1 bar i get ryt nw..am jux browsing thru pages..thinking of a soccer match i will play ryt after d service...
Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by Nobody: 11:27am On Oct 14, 2012
I can't imagine a whole church service being bored ! There would be one or two orders of service that are interesting. I do flip my bible to some passages/chapters and read whenever I find my mind disconnected with what's going on during the church service .

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by poweredcom(m): 11:27am On Oct 14, 2012
Churh services are boring and same thin every sunday ave stop attendin sef over three years...

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by Mynd44: 11:27am On Oct 14, 2012
abiL: Use my phone, like I'm doing now, or go to the toilet to either sleep or fix my make-up. Most times I just leave.. Church isn't by force.
me too. I do the phone thing and come on NL
Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by Nobody: 11:28am On Oct 14, 2012
berem: Can't remember the last time I stepped my foot in a church premises not to talk of attending a service. Lord have mercy on my soul!cry
Interesting. . .
Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by nativedoctor(m): 11:29am On Oct 14, 2012
Incidentaly when the priest walked in I recognised him bc I attended his service twice and they were the most boring in my life (didn't leave with any message). So immediately he walked in I left.got to the house,read today's readings in the bulletin and read my bible for the next 2 hours.
Better to me that being in the church and leaving with nothing.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by swizz01(m): 11:30am On Oct 14, 2012
acidtalk: Shoot the pastor in the Head and Burn down the church while leaving.

=D =D ♒ђåª•ђåª•ђåª♒=D =D ......na wa U̶̲̥̅̊ °oo°°oo°o......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Trust, Humility & Sacrifice - The Secrets Of The Wealthiest Men In The Bible / What's Your Prophecy For 2020 / What The Bible Says About Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.