Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,808 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Shell Official Says Niger Delta Is No Longer Attractive To Investors - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shell Official Says Niger Delta Is No Longer Attractive To Investors (5953 Views)

Nigeria To Start Building Ship, Says Niger Delta Minister, Akpabio / Police Funding: NANS To Storm National Assembly, Official Says / IGBO Must Go: Nigeria Moving Towards Anarchy, Breakup Says Niger Delta Elders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shell Official Says Niger Delta Is No Longer Attractive To Investors by limeta(f): 9:13am On Aug 21, 2017
Diademk07:

What's this whorre rambling about? Is Edo Nigerdelta? You're obviously showing your card already! Lying biitch.. You probably do not know the father that sired you, no wonder why you claimed to be from everywhere. Go find your father, Dummy!

Go look at the map of old mod west then look at the map of bendel
All this divide and rule played be Yoruba and fulani has come to end

Yr president just called you a slave on live tv
With no right to self determination and you here barking
Like a motherless child
Re: Shell Official Says Niger Delta Is No Longer Attractive To Investors by GoldNiagara(m): 9:17am On Aug 21, 2017
They will blame it on Yoruba. I no wetin we do for them.

8 Likes

Re: Shell Official Says Niger Delta Is No Longer Attractive To Investors by EvilMetahuman: 9:20am On Aug 21, 2017
hammerT:

Precisely, Hausa and Yoruba people know exactly wat they are doing.

But, we dont like the idea of NigerDelta not enjoying the resources from their land.

We want them to have it all and it would be interesting to see if dey use it to develop NigerDelta like Dubai.

If dey dont, only God knows wat we will make of dem by the time the oil is obsolete.

Right now, we just feel really bad for dem and cannot blame dem if the resources becomes obsolete with Niger-Delta having nothing to show 4 it.

typical flat head.

So hausas and yorubas are the only ones enjoying the oyel while igbos (the known biggest parasites on the oyel), also known not to be producing anything in the country are not benefiting abi?

4 Likes

Re: Shell Official Says Niger Delta Is No Longer Attractive To Investors by GoldNiagara(m): 9:21am On Aug 21, 2017
limeta:

Go look at the map of old mod west then look at the map of bendel All this divide and rule played be Yoruba and fulani has come to end
Yr president just called you a slave on live tv With no right to self determination and you here barking Like a motherless child

Yoruba divide and rule na wah o. wetin this Yoruba do una?

2 Likes

Re: Shell Official Says Niger Delta Is No Longer Attractive To Investors by jpphilips(m): 9:23am On Aug 21, 2017
grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Shell Official Says Niger Delta Is No Longer Attractive To Investors by limeta(f): 9:24am On Aug 21, 2017
wristbangle:

I do feel for them especially in the area of soil pollution but even their son was in the helms of power, he ought to have made the HSE policies a rule for his and subsequent governments. Money made was spent majorly on meaningless adventures.

The reason obj the Yoruba man choose goodluck is becoming clear
So you lot can say their son was a president blablabla
Well done.
Re: Shell Official Says Niger Delta Is No Longer Attractive To Investors by BlackBaron: 9:26am On Aug 21, 2017
Cut the shiit Nigeria...

We had opportunities to give ND what it deserved, instead the air heads and the incorrigible corrupt thieves in government decided to do the worst possible by bribing those who were brave enough to pick up a gun for their share of the loot. Well, bad news as the population continues to increase, so also do we have a conveyor belt of ND youths who will also rise up to also demand, pillage and disrupt so they too can get their own daily meal.

Sick of this country and the people. Seems like you have more bad people than good who then continue to make it worse than it has been before.
Re: Shell Official Says Niger Delta Is No Longer Attractive To Investors by madenigga(m): 9:28am On Aug 21, 2017
limeta:
After you poluted the land
Rob the people blind
Now their eyes are open
You come with this blackmail about Lagos still working
Any way dear she'll yr investment in the niger delta is a curse to our land and people .
we never forget the part you played with Saro WIwa
And yr role in the seven sisters
Stop saying Nonsense.

Shell has compensated not only Niger deltans but even Saro wiwas family for there past errors.

The billions they paid for compensation why is nobody talking about it.

3 Likes

Re: Shell Official Says Niger Delta Is No Longer Attractive To Investors by madenigga(m): 9:30am On Aug 21, 2017
hammerT:
hahahahahahahahaha!

The company that sponsored Nigeria to defeat Biafra and kill 3 million.

Sponsored the oppression of the Nigerdelta people.

Are we surprise? NO!

Keep f00ling yourself.

Biafra will never be.

Even if they try we will beat your silly asses again.

2 Likes

Re: Shell Official Says Niger Delta Is No Longer Attractive To Investors by madenigga(m): 9:33am On Aug 21, 2017
majekdom2:
what more due. Now that the investors are going? How una wan take do am? Now that oil don cast, how una wan do am? It is commensensical to resolve issues without violence. Thats the only way both parties won't hurt. Remember there is always a stronger party in any battle... in this case who know who is stronger. See, you people should go see how these companies are investing in other African countries, you will know Nigeria don cast
Them no know.

With the way Nigeria is going with all dz violence and agitations, very soon even Ghana go pass us if we no take time
Re: Shell Official Says Niger Delta Is No Longer Attractive To Investors by madenigga(m): 9:36am On Aug 21, 2017
Afam4eva:

In Igboland we believe in justice and fairness though these people from the ND see us as parasites who are out to take tejir resources even though there's no history of that happening even though we used to be in the same region. All the same we need to keep fighting for what is fair irrespective of the region. Sometimes i feel the Niger Delta are not even pained enough. It seems like it's we Igbos that are carrying the thing on our heads. Maybe thats why people think we're trouble makers.
Yes you people are trouble makers.

Stop drinking panadol for another mans headache that will not even take salt for yours.
Re: Shell Official Says Niger Delta Is No Longer Attractive To Investors by Nobody: 9:42am On Aug 21, 2017
madenigga:

Them no know.

With the way Nigeria is going with all dz violence and agitations, very soon even Ghana go pass us if we no take time
Ghana wey don move ahead tey tey. Eni is finding it hard to start any meaningful project in Nigeria but go check what they just completed in Ghana. Angola, mozambique, Tanzania, kenya. All these country as at 2010 could not even boast of any tangible investment. On our side, we have lost more over the last 7 years BG group, conoco Phillip and some I can't remember pulled out of their investment. In the past 7 years I haven't seen any new foriegn player in this industry other than rise of locals that don't have the capacity for mega projects. Thing is they won't even understand what the shell man is talking about as many don't know what's happening outside the shores of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Shell Official Says Niger Delta Is No Longer Attractive To Investors by markfemi1: 10:14am On Aug 21, 2017
madenigga:

Keep f00ling yourself.

Biafra will never be.

Even if they try we will beat your silly asses again.

2 Likes

Re: Shell Official Says Niger Delta Is No Longer Attractive To Investors by madenigga(m): 10:16am On Aug 21, 2017
majekdom2:
Ghana wey don move ahead tey tey. Eni is finding it hard to start any meaningful project in Nigeria but go check what they just completed in Ghana. Angola, mozambique, Tanzania, kenya. All these country as at 2010 could not even boast of any tangible investment. On our side, we have lost more over the last 7 years BG group, conoco Phillip and some I can't remember pulled out of their investment. In the past 7 years I haven't seen any new foriegn player in this industry other than rise of locals that don't have the capacity for mega projects. Thing is they won't even understand what the shell man is talking about as many don't know what's happening outside the shores of Nigeria
All these Niger deltan militants would know what they did themselves in 2025 when oil finally looses its value.

And they themselves start suffering and start moving to Lagos too and Abuja.

Bayelsa state receives huge amlocation but there leaders think its flexing. Use it to drink, party, fvck girls nd buy houses. They dont know that the cost of developing a state like Bayelsa is extensive cause its full of Islands.

Shell has been warning the Niger delta over nd over that with there actions very soon they would pull out of the region, but they all think its childs play or propaganda.

Niger delta now has become Nigeria crime capital, every day beheadings and kidnappings up nd down. If the media was to get full details of what was really happening here people would fear.

They hardly kidnap expatriates because they are hard to come bye, but in Rivers now, since they cant see white men again they now kidnap locals like never before.
If you work in an oil company if plenty people find out before you know they kidnap you, if you are a big executive in a big company before you know they kidnap you, if you have a big shop and people know too much before you know they kidnap you, if you have buy a fine car and people know too much they kidnap you, the list is endless.

And they always have justifications for all these nonsense. They be like the youths dont have jobs, strangers are collecting all the work, no empowerment etc. But give one of them 10million, all the clubs in the town would turn red. Then when the money is finished they start grumbling about strangers again.

4 Likes

Re: Shell Official Says Niger Delta Is No Longer Attractive To Investors by madenigga(m): 10:17am On Aug 21, 2017
[quote author=markfemi1 post=59680051][/quote]
Ok... goodluck
Re: Shell Official Says Niger Delta Is No Longer Attractive To Investors by jpphilips(m): 10:18am On Aug 21, 2017
Afam4eva:

It's commonsensical that a region that produces most of Nigeria's resources but doesn't get it's due will be restive. It's like jumping inside mud and asking why your body is dirty.

Quite agreeable your position but the Niger delta issue is a lot complicated. The current IOC approach is what i think will discipline them, stop operations and you have nothing, allow us to produce and you get something. It is not the fault of the IOC's that governors misappropriated their 13% and 3% of the federation account in the guise of NDDC?
Are you saying that if this 16% opportunity went to the West, East or parts of the middle north, they will be living in squalor? oil went to the wrong people and its time the IOC's made it clear that having oil under your feet doesn't guarantee petro dollars but having corresponding investments and stable infrastructure.

3 Likes

Re: Shell Official Says Niger Delta Is No Longer Attractive To Investors by Ogbuefi2020: 10:19am On Aug 21, 2017
hammerT:

But Y is it only Igbo people dat feel for NigerDelta and truily care about their environment?

Even me, i feel for dem, if i have the power, i will just give dem resource control immediately.

Yet, we hear Igbo want to dominate us propaganda fed to dem during Biafra War, especially from the likes of Edwin Clark.

Did you not read the article? Is igbo not NIger delta? See this part of the article you missed

Weli made the claim in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Port Harcourt on the sideline of an SPDC sponsored two-day meeting with stakeholders in Abia and Rivers states.
Re: Shell Official Says Niger Delta Is No Longer Attractive To Investors by limeta(f): 10:33am On Aug 21, 2017
madenigga:

Stop saying Nonsense.

Shell has compensated not only Niger deltans but even Saro wiwas family for there past errors.

The billions they paid for compensation why is nobody talking about it.

See this ritualist
Re: Shell Official Says Niger Delta Is No Longer Attractive To Investors by madenigga(m): 10:39am On Aug 21, 2017
limeta:

See this ritualist

This rantings wont change the fact that Nigeria will never break.
And it would continue to pain you. grin tongue

1 Like

Re: Shell Official Says Niger Delta Is No Longer Attractive To Investors by Nobody: 10:44am On Aug 21, 2017
majekdom2:
Yes, I agree those 2 cities are what they are because they were once Nigeria's HQ. Calabar is not far from the same story. I read sometime about LNG constructing a bridge from bonny to ph and how long it will take and how they want to partner with FG. Someone said to me, It will never be possible. I understood what he meant fully. What the shell spokes man is just saying is, individual are scared to put their money in the ND. Imagine if dangote's refinery was being built in ph. Blowing up pipelines and attacking private investors facility does not make any sense to me really. If you want to fight for proceeds, tackle that will FG. The oil companies have nothing to do with proceeds that come from oil, that's FG's business. What is development without investments that will create jobs and opportunities for the people?

Yes, very true. I think the only reason violence still thrives well in the Niger Delta is cos the youths see violence as the only language the federal government understands, and indeed it's the only language the govt understands. Although this violence has come at a huge economic cost to the region and multinationals but it can be argued that this multinationals in the first place fueled this crisis by cutting corners and hiring the police to crush protests and demonstrations in the past.

The whole Niger Delta problem is a very complex quagmire and a bulk of the blame rests on the central government itself. A lot of the restive youths are illiterate so the question is why wasn't there heavy investments in the education sector prior to this time. Bayelsa state only just had a fed uni very recently and the only fed uni in Delta State (which is barely 10yrs old) was almost moved to Kaduna by the govt.

So you see sucessive military regimes failed to plan for the future of the peace in the Niger Delta and the result is what we have now. That's why I think giving the Niger Delta region and every other region resource control and economic control is would at least calm the tensions. Cos really the fed govt isn't working everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Shell Official Says Niger Delta Is No Longer Attractive To Investors by Blizzy9ja: 11:05am On Aug 21, 2017
majekdom2:
Na only shell dey complain, how about the other IOC's? Is it shell that is supposed to be attacked or the federal government? That's the difference between lagos and ND. Rather than attack the investor, attack the government. Will people not be forced it is th government that is fueling the attacks on these companies
Most of the problems in the host communities are caused by shell (especially)... How do you have an agreement with the communities and den go from behind and bride a select few just in a bid the short-change the entire communities
Re: Shell Official Says Niger Delta Is No Longer Attractive To Investors by Nobody: 11:09am On Aug 21, 2017
Fifthcolumnist:

Yes, very true. I think the only reason violence still thrives well in the Niger Delta is cos the youths see violence as the only language the federal government understands, and indeed it's the only language the govt understands. Although this violence has come at a huge economic cost to the region and multinationals but it can be argued that this multinationals in the first place fueled this crisis by cutting corners and hiring the police to crush protests and demonstrations in the past.

The whole Niger Delta problem is a very complex quagmire and a bulk of the blame rests on the central government itself. A lot of the restive youths are illiterate so the question is why wasn't there heavy investments in the education sector prior to this time. Bayelsa state only just had a fed uni very recently and the only fed uni in Delta State (which is barely 10yrs old) was almost moved to Kaduna by the govt.

So you see sucessive military regimes failed to plan for the future of the peace in the Niger Delta and the result is what we have now. That's why I think giving the Niger Delta region and every other region resource control and economic control is would at least calm the tensions. Cos really the fed govt isn't working everywhere.
The problem is complex. Violence is never a way out! In every fight there is a stronger party. What these guys should understand is the IOC'S remain a stronger party here. Like joke like joke, shell and others shut their operations in delta, like Joke, they did in Bayelsa. Like joke, they want to do in Rivers. Shell is a business and what they consider is shareholders returns. I tell you why they are still here is because they are waiting to cash out on their investment. Each investment has its time frame to yield. The Government on the other hand are here for the people. My point has always remained, companies should be left out of this violence. If you say they bribed police.. thats corruption I mentioned earlier that's inherent in the system. I am happy you emphasized government. There has been investment in education. The ND refused to go to school.. No be lie brother. I dey relate with them. The now delta was part of bendel state... They have Uniben. Bayelsa was part of Rivers, they have uniport. Akwa ibom was part of Cross river, they had Unical. So what are we saying? In the west, you have Unilag, OAU and UI and FUTA. What's the difference? Why do one region seem more educated than the other? It's simply different will and how each sees life!

3 Likes

Re: Shell Official Says Niger Delta Is No Longer Attractive To Investors by Nobody: 11:14am On Aug 21, 2017
Blizzy9ja:
Most of the problems in the host communities are caused by shell (especially)... How do you have an agreement with the communities and den go from behind and bride a select few just in a bid the short-change the entire communities
this will always be what you hear that there is an agreement and then bribe.. what happened to attacking the person guilty of collecting bribe? Has the person and family been attacked the way they attack facilities? Many are only ignorant that shell cares more about their business. How easy is it to bribe a hausa or yoruba man against his own?

1 Like

Re: Shell Official Says Niger Delta Is No Longer Attractive To Investors by Nobody: 12:30pm On Aug 21, 2017
majekdom2:
The problem is complex. Violence is never a way out! In every fight there is a stronger party. What these guys should understand is the IOC'S remain a stronger party here. Like joke like joke, shell and others shut their operations in delta, like Joke, they did in Bayelsa. Like joke, they want to do in Rivers. Shell is a business and what they consider is shareholders returns. I tell you why they are still here is because they are waiting to cash out on their investment. Each investment has its time frame to yield. The Government on the other hand are here for the people. My point has always remained, companies should be left out of this violence. If you say they bribed police.. thats corruption I mentioned earlier that's inherent in the system. I am happy you emphasized government. There has been investment in education. The ND refused to go to school.. No be lie brother. I dey relate with them. The now delta was part of bendel state... They have Uniben. Bayelsa was part of Rivers, they have uniport. Akwa ibom was part of Cross river, they had Unical. So what are we saying? In the west, you have Unilag, OAU and UI and FUTA. What's the difference? Why do one region seem more educated than the other? It's simply different will and how each sees life!

You may be right...

But now what is past is past. We must now look to the future. Something has to be done to end the restiveness. The resource control charade if listen to would help every part of Nigeria. We're all sitting on huge deposits of untapped resources but everyone of us is looking in only one direction. I think if the nation relaxes it's dependence on crude oil Nigeria will be better for all.

I've been to nearly every region in Nigeria and besides Lagos and Abj every other place lags behind socially and economically. We can't continue this way

1 Like

Re: Shell Official Says Niger Delta Is No Longer Attractive To Investors by limeta(f): 12:38pm On Aug 21, 2017
madenigga:

This rantings wont change the fact that Nigeria will never break.
And it would continue to pain you. grin tongue

Parasite you better try find a way to live yr life
The hand out is close to end.
Re: Shell Official Says Niger Delta Is No Longer Attractive To Investors by Blizzy9ja: 1:28pm On Aug 21, 2017
majekdom2:
this will always be what you hear that there is an agreement and then bribe.. what happened to attacking the person guilty of collecting bribe? Has the person and family been attacked the way they attack facilities? Many are only ignorant that shell cares more about their business. How easy is it to bribe a hausa or yoruba man against his own?
I shouldn't be talking to a tribal bigot... What are you trying to prove? silly billie
Re: Shell Official Says Niger Delta Is No Longer Attractive To Investors by Nobody: 1:50pm On Aug 21, 2017
Blizzy9ja:
I shouldn't be talking to a tribal bigot... What are you trying to prove? silly billie
you may have misunderstood me to think I am tribal. Point is, why have the ND allowed their leaders and chiefs cheat them without holding them accountable. When I was in the university, I was once approached by some people to come claim I am an indigene of their community, they would provide every document all I needed to do was pass the exams and then we share the proceeds.. 70 for them 30 percent for me. So, I asked why didn't choose a genuine local candidate...they said a local will not share the money with them. I just told them No and went my way yet, we will hear shell isn't getting them educated bla bla. The problem of ND is not caused by these companies if you check well.

1 Like

Re: Shell Official Says Niger Delta Is No Longer Attractive To Investors by pedrilo: 2:15pm On Aug 21, 2017
Shell petroleum can go to hell and drill oil.
Re: Shell Official Says Niger Delta Is No Longer Attractive To Investors by Blizzy9ja: 2:16pm On Aug 21, 2017
majekdom2:
you may have misunderstood me to think I am tribal. Point is, why have the ND allowed their leaders and chiefs cheat them without holding them accountable. When I was in the university, I was once approached by some people to come claim I am an indigene of their community, they would provide every document all I needed to do was pass the exams and then we share the proceeds.. 70 for them 30 percent for me. So, I asked why didn't choose a genuine local candidate...they said a local will not share the money with them. I just told them No and went my way yet, we will hear shell isn't getting them educated bla bla. The problem of ND is not caused by these companies if you check well.
See Nigerians are naturally corrupt and it is really difficult to resist incentive from these IOCs especially if you know how to deceive the people and this has nothing to do with the region or group involved.
Re: Shell Official Says Niger Delta Is No Longer Attractive To Investors by deomeelo: 2:51pm On Aug 21, 2017
Fifthcolumnist:

If you had been to states like Akwa ibom and rivers some 12 years ago before the 13% derivation was passed you'd appreciate the impact of that law. Forget all that talk about the Niger Delta and corruption; there's worse corruption in Abuja and the north and even among SW states. The Niger Delta has improved rapidly in the last 10 yrs. But if you're expecting it to be like Dubai for a 13% that hardly amounts to 4 or 5bn a month then you're funny.

Even Abuja that has been built already still has nearly the largest monthly allocation in Nigeria. The NDDC is a sham. What is needed in Nigeria for the better is fiscal federalism else we'd keep on buying drugs to cure the ailment instead of addressing the problem that caused them in the first place.

What are you talking about? You must really think I'm a foreigner and not a Nigeria with detailed knowledge about my own country.

And besides from when oil was discovered in the Niger Delta till 2000 despite the peace there was no development of sorts at all and expect the People not to get restive? The rotten tooth has to pulled out first before the mouth can chew in peace

What exactly is in Akwa Ibom and what have they done within the last 10 years?

Akpabio with just 5 million people to manage posted more state budgets than Lagos state and the largest in the history of state budgets in Nigeria and apart from 1 fly over and a few roads, he commissioned less than 4 projects so please tell us where the money went.

1 Hospital

1 football field

1 library

That's all.

He budgeted billions for Ibaka seaport, but ordinary road clearing or fencing wasn't done

Tropicana consumed tens of billions, but only 1 cinema was delivered.

What was done in Delta state? Nothing, I mean nothing, unless you have some invisible projects to share with us. To date, Delta state owes more money than Lagos state, but nothing to show.

What was done in Bayelsa? Nothing. Alams stole all the money and GEJ did not build 1 single classroom

Rivers did better because Amechi was a good manager.

Sam Edem, chairman of the Niger Delta Development Commission, is accused of stealing a total of £3.4 million in public money to pay a witchdoctor to cast "juju" spells to secure business contracts and to kill a powerful rival at work.
Part of the black magic reportedly involved Mr Edem burning £1.2 million in cash and then smearing the ashes over his naked body in a cemetery in the middle of the night in a "fortification" ritual

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/nigeria/2597126/Nigerian-burns-1.2m-in-bizarre-ritual.html

Son of the soil looted billions to spend on Juju.

You can not substitute poor, corrupt and fraudulent leadership with resource control, put your house in order first.

4 Likes

Re: Shell Official Says Niger Delta Is No Longer Attractive To Investors by Nobody: 3:16pm On Aug 21, 2017
deomeelo:

What exactly is in Akwa Ibom and what have they done within the last 10 years?

Akpabio with just 5 million people to manage posted more state budgets than Lagos state and the largest in the history of state budgets in Nigeria and apart from 1 fly over and a few roads, he commissioned less than 4 projects so please tell us where the money went.

1 Hospital

1 football field

1 library

That's all.

He budgeted billions for Ibaka seaport, but ordinary road clearing or fencing wasn't done

Tropicana consumed tens of billions, but only 1 cinema was delivered.

What was done in Delta state? Nothing, I mean nothing, unless you have some invisible projects to share with us. To date, Delta state owes more money than Lagos state, but nothing to show.

What was done in Bayelsa? Nothing. Alams stole all the money and GEJ did not build 1 single classroom

Rivers did better because Amechi was a good manager.

Son of the soil looted billions to spend on Juju.

You can not substitute poor, corrupt and fraudulent leadership with resource control, put your house in order first.
lols, Imagine what an educated man did with money 1.2 million pounds. Exactly what I was trying to explain to that young man and then the other called me Tribal. When you visit other states of the country that have little or no IGR, you still see meaning full development. I can say that for OYO and Ogun. I have been reading about mills and agric activities in the North. Is it not the little allocation. Yes corruption is inherent, but it takes visionary leaders to do something remarkable regardless.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

You Lied, My Father Never Visited You, Ojukwu Jnr Blast Buhari / Fashola And Ungrateful Ambode. 2015 Election. PICS. / Ogun Governor, Dapo Abiodun Receives Report On Farmers, Herders Clashes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.