₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,275,072 members, 4,985,469 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2019 at 01:53 PM

8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand - Travel (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand (35965 Views)

Any One In New Zealand And Living There / What Is New Zealand Famous For? / New Zealand Adds Prostitution To List Of Employment Skills For Immigrants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by femijck(m): 5:45am On Jun 11
Definitely possible... but my bro u & I know that’s not a small figure for one year especially if you’ve got bills and other responsibilities...lol
ugsams:

It's achievable, it all depends on your lifestyle, how long and hard you're willing to work and your pay rate.
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by ugsams(m): 7:02am On Jun 11
femijck:
Definitely possible... but my bro u & I know that’s not a small figure for one year especially if you’ve got bills and other responsibilities...lol

yeah bro, it is really not a small figure, it takes sacrifice, discipline and extra hours of work to achieve. Also, I think cost of living is a little bit cheaper down here in Hamilton.
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by georgee(m): 7:07am On Jun 11
@femijck

For one to apply for Skilled immigration visa in New Zealand, do i need to have a job offer before i can apply.
My major is banking
9 years experience in International Trade
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by femijck(m): 10:04am On Jun 11
Oh definitely a bit cheaper outside Auckland....my sister in-law stays in Huntley just before where u are and house prices are ridiculous low compare to Auckland. But not sure I can live anywhere else apart from Auckland and Wellington.
ugsams:

yeah bro, it is really not a small figure, it takes sacrifice, discipline and extra hours of work to achieve. Also, I think cost of living is a little bit cheaper down here in Hamilton.
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by femijck(m): 10:07am On Jun 11
People who are more knowledgeable in this category can enlighten u more but I know it’s point base. With your education and experience, I believe u qualify for the point. Will get u more info
georgee:
@femijck

For one to apply for Skilled immigration visa in New Zealand, do i need to have a job offer before i can apply.
My major is banking
9 years experience in International Trade
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by ugsams(m): 12:13pm On Jun 11
femijck:
Oh definitely a bit cheaper outside Auckland....my sister in-law stays in Huntley just before where u are and house prices are ridiculous low compare to Auckland. But not sure I can live anywhere else apart from Auckland and Wellington.

I get your point, Auckland is about the only place where I feel alive here... I like the busy and bigger cities. Unfortunately I haven't been to Wellington yet. As for Huntly I heard lots of negative stories about the place which I didn't take serious until I have my own personal experience. I will never live there for any reason.
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by davodyguy: 12:18pm On Jun 11
my people, I just submitted my application now paid 211 NZL dollar
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by femijck(m): 7:02pm On Jun 11
ugsams:

I get your point, Auckland is about the only place where I feel alive here... I like the busy and bigger cities. Unfortunately I haven't been to Wellington yet. As for Huntly I heard lots of negative stories about the place which I didn't take serious until I have my own personal experience. I will never live there for any reason.
ahahahah nothing in NZ can be as tough as living on Lagos street.
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by femijck(m): 7:03pm On Jun 11
Wish u all the luck mate
davodyguy:
my people, I just submitted my application now paid 211 NZL dollar
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by davodyguy: 7:08pm On Jun 11
femijck:
Lagos can be rough and tiring.

For those of us who have had opportunities of crisscrossing popular cities, we can only hope one day, it would be better.

I wish I can have my family abroad permanently, to give them the best of care in terms of life, healthcare and sense of belonging.

If I had to travel from Lagos to Abeokuta 3 times and spent ₦59,000 to obtain int'l Passport, then if I give up on Nigeria, no one should blame me
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by davodyguy: 7:11pm On Jun 11
femijck:
Wish u all the luck mate

Thanks bro.

Will be sending our Passports by Monday.

God will see us through
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by georgee(m): 8:37pm On Jun 11
femijck:
People who are more knowledgeable in this category can enlighten u more but I know it’s point base. With your education and experience, I believe u qualify for the point. Will get u more info
Thanks. I await further info
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by ugsams(m): 10:55pm On Jun 11
davodyguy:

Lagos can be rough and tiring.

For those of us who have had opportunities of crisscrossing popular cities, we can only hope one day, it would be better.

I wish I can have my family abroad permanently, to give them the best of care in terms of life, healthcare and sense of belonging.

If I had to travel from Lagos to Abeokuta 3 times and spent ₦59,000 to obtain int'l Passport, then if I give up on Nigeria, no one should blame me

Funny enough I always find myself missing that Lagos life many times, New Zealand can be quite boring and lonely at times.

1 Like

Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by ugsams(m): 10:56pm On Jun 11
femijck:

Na that Lagos life make me survive them because my street OT was well ahead of their plot.
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by femijck(m): 11:10pm On Jun 11
ugsams:

Funny enough I always find myself missing that Lagos life many times, New Zealand can be quite boring and lonely at times.
you’re not alone bro.... I miss Naija everyday even though they say it’s a jungle.
It’s too lonely here sometimes.....Even most local find it too politically correct that u can’t just meet a person once and have an instant friendship.....you hardly find people with more than 10 close friends unlike Naija where u can have 500....lol
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by femijck(m): 11:11pm On Jun 11
OG..... lol
ugsams:

Na that Lagos life make me survive them because my street OT was well ahead of their plot.
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by serex6(f): 1:30pm On Jun 12
Hello house, Please, does anyone know how long it takes for the school to send Unconditional offer of admission after seeing the transcript? Also will they post it or it will be mailed?. Please is anyone currently studying at Victoria University, Wellington? How is the cost of living there?
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by Blaqman: 4:27am On Jun 13
davodyguy:

Thanks bro.

Will be sending our Passports by Monday.

God will see us through

GOOD MORNING ALL, CAN ANYONE ADVISE HOW LONG IT TAKES FOR A PH,D STUDENT VISA TO BE APPROVED AFTER COLLECTING MY VISA BACK FROM SOUTH AFRICA. IT IS ALMOST SIX WEEKS TO TWO MONTHS NOW THAT I COLLECTED MY VISA BACK FRO SA AND I HAVE NOT HEARD ANYTHING REGARDING MY SUBMITTED VISA APPLICATION BECAUSE THE STATUS HAS NOT CHANGED FROM SUBMITTED.
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by femijck(m): 5:07am On Jun 13
Blaqman:

GOOD MORNING ALL, CAN ANYONE ADVISE HOW LONG IT TAKES FOR A PH,D STUDENT VISA TO BE APPROVED AFTER COLLECTING MY VISA BACK FROM SOUTH AFRICA. IT IS ALMOST SIX WEEKS TO TWO MONTHS NOW THAT I COLLECTED MY VISA BACK FRO SA AND I HAVE NOT HEARD ANYTHING REGARDING MY SUBMITTED VISA APPLICATION BECAUSE THE STATUS HAS NOT CHANGED FROM SUBMITTED.
which visa did u collect back from SA
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by solin: 7:50am On Jun 13
Thank you for your reasonable response.
I appreciate your time and effort.
However, welding, teaching and other vocational jobs need to be registered before applying for a talent work visa through an accredited employer.
Kindly clarify that.
ugsams:

My answer will be biased based on my experience here. I will say it's mostly trades such as welding. I have seen lots of my colleagues been hired from overseas, and many others who are already here move jobs easily. I think welding job is promising here and it's mostly in Skill shortage lists of most countries. However, in Nigeria, most trades are highly underated. we look at them as a poor man's job and as such we don't have a proper system for apprenticeship or internationally recognised vocational education framework/certification.

In addition to these, I have seen Nurses, Teachers, and just few weeks ago my colleague's brother came on a work visa to work for a forestry company.

You can also check the accredited employer list and see what's in there for you. Here is the link
https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-zealand-visas/apply-for-a-visa/tools-and-information/tools/accredited-employers-list
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by solin: 7:57am On Jun 13
Yes, you know me in AU thread sharing information. Well, do you know what's changed since 2017 and now? Oftentimes, I provide response to people's questions on this thread does that change my location to NZ?
It's fine for you to make assumptions, but you're assertive with your assumptions which isn't right and fair.
davodyguy:

No, I think you're perceiving it wrongly.
Solin and I ha r been pals here since my 2017 AU trip that we shared information.

I think I visited AU before he did and thought he was processing AU 2 years ago. This is the sole reason I asked. It's very harmless
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by serex6(f): 11:02am On Jun 13
serex6:

Hello house, Please, does anyone know how long it takes for the school to send Unconditional offer of admission after seeing the transcript? Also will they post it or it will be mailed?. Please is anyone currently studying at Victoria University, Wellington? How is the cost of living there?

Please can anyone please answer me
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by davodyguy: 5:19pm On Jun 13
femijck:
which visa did u collect back from SA

It's Passport he probably meant not VISA. SA not Visas to issue except SA visa itself
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by ugsams(m): 6:52pm On Jun 13
solin:
Thank you for your reasonable response.
I appreciate your time and effort.
However, welding, teaching and other vocational jobs need to be registered before applying for a talent work visa through an accredited employer.
Kindly clarify that.

Teaching as a profession and many other trades requires that but I'm sure welding doesn't require any registration. what they normally ask for welding is that you have at least a level 4 certificate in welding or many verifiable years of experience in it. Once you're here you can get your welding tickets.
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by ugsams(m): 7:04pm On Jun 13
Blaqman:

The passport you sent to SA is just for capturing of data and it's return doesn't mean they have reached a decision on your application. South Africa doesn't handle your visa assessment. As for the application timeline, I have seen who got his PhD study visa in 2 months and another in over 4 months. Don't worry, just be a little bit patient, PhD study is a quite flexible so you can still get your visa and come over at a later time just keep your university updated on your progress. Good luck with your application.

1 Like

Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by davodyguy: 10:08pm On Jun 13

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Traveling With Nigeria Food Stuffs / Best European Country To Live In. / Recent Photos Of Port-Harcourt International Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.