Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,923 members, 7,821,237 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

How Woman Was Arrested After Taking A Missing Child To Police Station In Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Woman Was Arrested After Taking A Missing Child To Police Station In Lagos (32318 Views)

Gabby Petito: This Is How U.S. Is Searching For A Missing Citizen(Pics) / Sotitobire Prophet Babatunde Alfa Arrested By DSS Over Missing Child, Gold / How Woman's Loud Scream Saved Her From Being Killed By Ritualist In Delta State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Woman Was Arrested After Taking A Missing Child To Police Station In Lagos by ChangeIsCostant: 10:05am On Aug 21, 2017
A banker has taken a swipe at the Nigeria police force while narrating how his church member was arrested after discovering a wandering child in Ifako area of Lagos who later went missing two weeks after. The child who was found - was taken to a church by the good Samaritan identified as sister Happiness before being taken to the police station the same day.

Read the full report as shared by Akinmade Boluwaji on Facebook

THE POLICE IS NOT OUR FRIEND......

A true life experience in the last 24 hours

My phone rang at 3:15 pm yesterday Saturday August 19, 2017 and it was the Pastor of our church Pastor Tope Akimbola calling me sounding down( I knew there was trouble) that one of the member of our church RCCG Glory Worship Center was locked up at IFako Police station on the charges that she found a child and the long story was while Sister Happiness was going to work on July 20, 2017 she found a child wondering by the canal in Ifako who was apparently lost and could not find her way.

The child is about 4 years old and as a good Samaritan she brought the child to church. The members and the Pastor was informed and the child was taken to Alakara Police station .

It is interesting to note that Alakara Police station has facility for children and juvenile correction center. Our church members including sister Happiness wrote statements. Our church in the past has always supported Alakara Police station and once they heard the name of the church they were very helpful.

Later on like about 2 weeks Sister Happiness in the same IFako residence heard that a child was missing and told the neighbors that she found a child two weeks ago and they should check Alakara Police station.

Long story cut short the police arrested Sister Happiness yesterday that she must know about the missing child and that she was involved and why did she not come to IFako police station in the first place. She was immediately locked up at the cell of IFako Police station since yesterday morning. Now why will citizens want to help their neighbors or the Police.

This morning our Pastor grabbed me at 7:45am in company of his Assistant Pastor Bayo Ajayi and we started working up our phones. Eventually I got to speak with the DPO of IFako Police station. That was the drama of my life.

He said why did she go to Alakara Police station and not IFako Police station? I explained to him that not everyone has education to know that the nearest police station was were to report a matter and that he will be shocked that people are scared of police and pure ignorance.

He even went micro by telling me that Sister Happiness should have shouted that.....the people around can intervene. I was disturbed that SP Smith a senior officer in the police force can think like this.

I appealed for at least 45 minutes on the phone and I even offered to see him immediately he said he is not at work and she will be charged to court on Monday and that was his final position.

At this point I started racking my brain on who can help intervene in this simple matter? I tried getting the phone no of Mr Fatai Owoseni the Lagos State Commissioner of Police but no luck.

I finally got an old friend who I had to wake up Assistant Commissioner Of Police , Kola Okunlola .Thanks to technology I had to do a three way call.

I finally connected my ACP friend with DPO IFako .Now my worry must we know someone to get things going in Nigeria?

So we started the conversation and I was shocked of the spice added by the DPO. He had full facts of the story .The ACP asked him five salient questions

1. Was he aware that Sister Happiness reported the matter to Alakara Police station he answered in affirmative

2. Did Sister Happiness take the child away or reported same day? He said same day

3. Do you know that this will discourage good people to help others in the future .......He agreed

4. What did he do to the parents that were careless by not taking care of their child? He said he arrested and released them immediately.

5. On the board at the police station where you state the person in the cell and the offence what did you state as the offence of Sister Happiness? He said Misconduct. At this point I just gave up and said under my breath that police is not just our friend.

The ACP adviced him to release Sister Happiness and get a reliable surety that will produce her anytime that she is required for investigation. That charging her was a waste of government resources.

Now the DPO IFako has requested that we all report at 8am tomorrow.

My question and worry ......what is Misconduct for a good Samaritan that saved the life of a vulnerable child?

The child was not kidnapped or kept away.

I am appealing to anyone that has contact with the Lagos Police Commissioner to help circulate this ....

I hope we will not discourage other good Samaritan s being their brothers keeper.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/08/woman-arrested-taking-missing-child-police-station-lagos.html

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Woman Was Arrested After Taking A Missing Child To Police Station In Lagos by ChangeIsCostant: 10:06am On Aug 21, 2017

1 Like

Re: How Woman Was Arrested After Taking A Missing Child To Police Station In Lagos by optional1(f): 10:14am On Aug 21, 2017
Nigeria so somebody can not do good thing again...

Dissappointed undecided

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Woman Was Arrested After Taking A Missing Child To Police Station In Lagos by Xcelinteriors(f): 10:15am On Aug 21, 2017
What a country

I will always mind my business henceforth. What if the church member did not know anyone in police force? The dpo would have charge the poor woman to court and will definitely be remanded in prison and will probably be forgotten there. What a country!

119 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Woman Was Arrested After Taking A Missing Child To Police Station In Lagos by sinaj(f): 10:17am On Aug 21, 2017
That's why people run away from accident victims instead of helping them just to avoid police drama.

The only language the Nigerian police understand is money nd if you dnt have spare one to throw around, just avoid anything that will take you there coz the constitution will not even help you.

111 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Woman Was Arrested After Taking A Missing Child To Police Station In Lagos by youngsahito(m): 10:20am On Aug 21, 2017
I hate police

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Woman Was Arrested After Taking A Missing Child To Police Station In Lagos by haryorbarmie83(m): 10:24am On Aug 21, 2017
Police is your friend when you have money grin

21 Likes

Re: How Woman Was Arrested After Taking A Missing Child To Police Station In Lagos by icedfire(m): 10:26am On Aug 21, 2017
Lesson learnt. Only in Nigeria will you see an accident victim, or a missing child and the best you can do is run away or be locked up. At least you won't be charged with negligence if you run away

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Woman Was Arrested After Taking A Missing Child To Police Station In Lagos by Partnerbiz3: 10:26am On Aug 21, 2017
This is a useless country...

31 Likes

Re: How Woman Was Arrested After Taking A Missing Child To Police Station In Lagos by limeta(f): 10:30am On Aug 21, 2017
Wild animal kingdom

12 Likes

Re: How Woman Was Arrested After Taking A Missing Child To Police Station In Lagos by Nobody: 10:34am On Aug 21, 2017
This isn't a case the accused would've ended in prison, so why were they worrying?. He said he was charging her for misconduct 'cause she reported the case in another police station. Let the ignorant fool charge her, he was just saying those lies to extort money from them.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Woman Was Arrested After Taking A Missing Child To Police Station In Lagos by bedspread: 10:57am On Aug 21, 2017
NIGERIAN POLICE IS THE FRIEND OF THE HIGHEST BIDDER( IN CASH)

IN THIS CASE, IMMEDIATE RETIREMENT SHOULD FALL ON THE HEAD OF THIS BAD IFAKO DPO. HE IS A GOOD EXAMPLE OF A BAD POLICEMAN...

LETS JOIN HANDS AND #hastag IFAKO DPO OUT OF THE NIGERIAN POLICE FORCE

#SACK IFAKO DPO

144 Likes 13 Shares

Re: How Woman Was Arrested After Taking A Missing Child To Police Station In Lagos by malificent(f): 11:09am On Aug 21, 2017
Nigerian Police is no ones friend, even the police doesn't like the police

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Woman Was Arrested After Taking A Missing Child To Police Station In Lagos by Ohammadike: 11:13am On Aug 21, 2017
When kanu calls Nigeria a zoo people will start wailing. It is only in animal kingdom that this type of things happen

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Woman Was Arrested After Taking A Missing Child To Police Station In Lagos by SalamRushdie: 11:24am On Aug 21, 2017
Impressive policing from the NPF I must say .They must look into every angle just to make sure nobody is playing smart ..The woman left herself open to suspicion the moment she took the child to her church instead of the nearest authorities and from there further took the child to another station outside the jurisdiction she claimed she saw the child ..I must say this is impressive policing and I stand with the Nigerian police on this ..Great call by the police

2 Likes

Re: How Woman Was Arrested After Taking A Missing Child To Police Station In Lagos by dudebuck: 11:30am On Aug 21, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Impressive policing from the NPF I must say .They must look into every angle just to make sure nobody is playing smart ..The woman left herself open to suspicion the moment she took the child to her church instead of the nearest authorities and from there further took the child to another station outside the jurisdiction she claimed she saw the child ..I must say this is impressive policing and I stand with the Nigerian police on this ..Great call by the police
very good, defending even the indefensible! Zoo people.

74 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Woman Was Arrested After Taking A Missing Child To Police Station In Lagos by SalamRushdie: 11:32am On Aug 21, 2017
dudebuck:
very good, defending even the indefensible! Zoo people.

Don't be emotional when you think please . I always say the truth as it is ...The police made a good call and she has nothing to fear if she is clean

1 Like

Re: How Woman Was Arrested After Taking A Missing Child To Police Station In Lagos by dudebuck: 11:35am On Aug 21, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Don't be emotional when you think please . I always say the truth as it is ...The police made a good call and she has nothing to fear if she is clean
keep on defending the indefensible. Zooth.

50 Likes

Re: How Woman Was Arrested After Taking A Missing Child To Police Station In Lagos by LordOfNaira: 11:42am On Aug 21, 2017
Benita27:
This isn't a case the accused would've ended in prison, so why were they worrying?. He said he was charging her for misconduct 'cause she reported the case in another police station. Let the ignorant fool charge her, he was just saying those lies to extort money from them.

You don't know the Nigerian Police. They can make you await trial for years. Go to the prisons and you will see that there are more people awaiting trials than convicted prisoners.

What they do is to keep you in prison all in the pretence of looking for more evidence against you. Your only sure bet is to have a good lawyer or to have money. But if you have neither of these, please, do not dare a Nigerian police. Just like Sinaj said, "the constitution will not even help you".

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Woman Was Arrested After Taking A Missing Child To Police Station In Lagos by jordyspices: 1:05pm On Aug 21, 2017
NPF foolish set of people except a very few of them

9 Likes

Re: How Woman Was Arrested After Taking A Missing Child To Police Station In Lagos by Partnerbiz3: 1:53pm On Aug 21, 2017
this is bad
Re: How Woman Was Arrested After Taking A Missing Child To Police Station In Lagos by Badgers14: 1:54pm On Aug 21, 2017
Police is your friend. grin grin
Re: How Woman Was Arrested After Taking A Missing Child To Police Station In Lagos by emmabest2000(m): 1:54pm On Aug 21, 2017
optional1:
Nigeria so somebody can not do good thing again...

Dissappointed undecided

I no blame them...
Road side mechanics these days don't allow us to know who bi madman !

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Woman Was Arrested After Taking A Missing Child To Police Station In Lagos by bedspread: 1:54pm On Aug 21, 2017
Re: How Woman Was Arrested After Taking A Missing Child To Police Station In Lagos by webcch: 1:54pm On Aug 21, 2017
interesting
Re: How Woman Was Arrested After Taking A Missing Child To Police Station In Lagos by 4ward(m): 1:55pm On Aug 21, 2017
wow
Re: How Woman Was Arrested After Taking A Missing Child To Police Station In Lagos by slayking(m): 1:55pm On Aug 21, 2017
Whoever coined the "police is your friend" slogan.undecided

4 Likes

Re: How Woman Was Arrested After Taking A Missing Child To Police Station In Lagos by slyd90(m): 1:55pm On Aug 21, 2017
Nigeria police Kwenu undecided

1 Like

Re: How Woman Was Arrested After Taking A Missing Child To Police Station In Lagos by tanztoo: 1:56pm On Aug 21, 2017
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Commuters Stranded As Bandits Take Over Abuja-Kaduna Highway (Video) / Gay Artisan Accused Of Killing Apprentice For Dating Woman (photo) / IMSU Student Arrested For Armed Robbery(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.