Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,789 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

How Woman Was Arrested After Taking A Missing Child To Police Station In Lagos - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Woman Was Arrested After Taking A Missing Child To Police Station In Lagos (32324 Views)

Gabby Petito: This Is How U.S. Is Searching For A Missing Citizen(Pics) / Sotitobire Prophet Babatunde Alfa Arrested By DSS Over Missing Child, Gold / How Woman's Loud Scream Saved Her From Being Killed By Ritualist In Delta State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Woman Was Arrested After Taking A Missing Child To Police Station In Lagos by SalamRushdie: 3:44pm On Aug 21, 2017
TerrorSquad147:
bros your fall my hand. Read my post above and you'll see that those policemen are useless people

You seem to know the station personally and I don't but bro I am never emotional when I make a call ...The police did well in trying to verify her story before falling for it
Re: How Woman Was Arrested After Taking A Missing Child To Police Station In Lagos by SalamRushdie: 3:46pm On Aug 21, 2017
Johniyke2flex:

Brother ode. You'll soon find out how foolish you are when you find yourself in a police cell for reasons you cannot fathom.

I have never been to police station and will never bro and there is a reason for that
Re: How Woman Was Arrested After Taking A Missing Child To Police Station In Lagos by SalamRushdie: 3:47pm On Aug 21, 2017
EasyWork001:

Brother, for everyone to curse you like this, maybe you should look inward at your comment and see if its really as OK as you think

They are just being emotional and that had always been the problem with Nigerians ..Bro I stand by my comment fully
Re: How Woman Was Arrested After Taking A Missing Child To Police Station In Lagos by TerrorSquad147: 3:47pm On Aug 21, 2017
SalamRushdie:

You seem to know the station personally and I don't but bro I am never emotional when I make a call ...The police did well in trying to verify her story before falling for it
not by locking her up in a cell
Re: How Woman Was Arrested After Taking A Missing Child To Police Station In Lagos by SalamRushdie: 3:48pm On Aug 21, 2017
Babalegba:
Attention seeker

Why are you Pained about my own opinion ..You seem to have a bias against our police?
Re: How Woman Was Arrested After Taking A Missing Child To Police Station In Lagos by Buharimustgo: 3:49pm On Aug 21, 2017
SalamRushdie:

I dont expect you fish emotional brain to understand what I wrote afterall 70 percent of Nigerian have an IQ well below 70 which is considered a handicap ..You are lucky I am in good mood if not you would have learnt a bitter lesson in in opening your mouth to cuss me online .

I know your like,I can't dignify you with further response. You are not fit both mental and otherwise to be among human beings,I believe your like drafted that embarrassing message for Buhari
Re: How Woman Was Arrested After Taking A Missing Child To Police Station In Lagos by SalamRushdie: 3:50pm On Aug 21, 2017
TerrorSquad147:
not by locking her up in a cell

You can't take out high handedness from a third world police ..but it was good they tried to look into her story and I am sure she is home now as we talk.
Re: How Woman Was Arrested After Taking A Missing Child To Police Station In Lagos by SalamRushdie: 3:52pm On Aug 21, 2017
Buharimustgo:

I know your like,I can't dignify you with further response. You are not fit both mental and otherwise to be among human beings,I believe your like drafted that embarrassing message for Buhari

You don't know my type , you are an uneventful soul while I am genius you can never match mumu so rest..we are not mates in anything ever
Re: How Woman Was Arrested After Taking A Missing Child To Police Station In Lagos by humblemikel(f): 3:54pm On Aug 21, 2017
youngsahito:
I hate police
I HATE THEM MORE THAN YOU
YOU CANT IMAGINE THE LEVEL OF HATRED I HAVE FOR THESE SETS OF SOCIETAL MISTAKE ON UNIFORM
Re: How Woman Was Arrested After Taking A Missing Child To Police Station In Lagos by meforyou1(m): 4:07pm On Aug 21, 2017
That sister happiness made a very big mistake. leave the child. he can trek from lagos to cotonou for all i care.
Re: How Woman Was Arrested After Taking A Missing Child To Police Station In Lagos by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 21, 2017
The Nigeria Police is wired to always think money,they are thieves. That DPO was only thinking how he will make money from the lady in terms of bail.

POLICE STATION DON TURN TO BANK ..DPO NA BANK MANAGER...IG NA MANAGING DIRECTOR....-FELA KUTI
Re: How Woman Was Arrested After Taking A Missing Child To Police Station In Lagos by optional1(f): 4:11pm On Aug 21, 2017
Odunharry:

Hey, wats up with you? Lost ur contact. Msg me on WhatsApp

OK dear
Re: How Woman Was Arrested After Taking A Missing Child To Police Station In Lagos by rsalami(f): 4:14pm On Aug 21, 2017
May we all have nothing to do with the police. Police Police Police nkan be
Re: How Woman Was Arrested After Taking A Missing Child To Police Station In Lagos by Marshall008: 4:19pm On Aug 21, 2017
Our police sense, sometimes dey disappear when dey see certain situation

Re: How Woman Was Arrested After Taking A Missing Child To Police Station In Lagos by princefaculty(m): 4:19pm On Aug 21, 2017
NPF is not it. They only know currency as friend
Re: How Woman Was Arrested After Taking A Missing Child To Police Station In Lagos by OnowuOra(m): 4:26pm On Aug 21, 2017
youngsahito:
I hate police
with passion
Re: How Woman Was Arrested After Taking A Missing Child To Police Station In Lagos by judgedredd22(m): 4:29pm On Aug 21, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Don't be emotional when you think please . I always say the truth as it is ...The police made a good call and she has nothing to fear if she is clean

Re: How Woman Was Arrested After Taking A Missing Child To Police Station In Lagos by SalamRushdie: 4:32pm On Aug 21, 2017
[quote author=judgedredd22 post=59691937][/quote]

You are definitely a typical dishonest thieving Nigerian so I don't expect you to ever support any police action
Re: How Woman Was Arrested After Taking A Missing Child To Police Station In Lagos by darlenese(f): 4:33pm On Aug 21, 2017
where are the policemen here

Una Don hide in shame abi.
Re: How Woman Was Arrested After Taking A Missing Child To Police Station In Lagos by nextstep(m): 4:36pm On Aug 21, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Impressive policing from the NPF I must say .They must look into every angle just to make sure nobody is playing smart ..The woman left herself open to suspicion the moment she took the child to her church instead of the nearest authorities and from there further took the child to another station outside the jurisdiction she claimed she saw the child ..I must say this is impressive policing and I stand with the Nigerian police on this ..Great call by the police

If she didn't first take the child to the church, it would have made her case much weaker. The fact that she had witnesses that saw her bring the child to church is probably what has saved her in this case.

If she took the missing child to the police station without telling anybody else, you can be sure that we won't have heard of her case and she'll be remanded with nobody knowing what happened.

4 Likes

Re: How Woman Was Arrested After Taking A Missing Child To Police Station In Lagos by jamjo: 4:39pm On Aug 21, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Impressive policing from the NPF I must say .They must look into every angle just to make sure nobody is playing smart ..The woman left herself open to suspicion the moment she took the child to her church instead of the nearest authorities and from there further took the child to another station outside the jurisdiction she claimed she saw the child ..I must say this is impressive policing and I stand with the Nigerian police on this ..Great call by the police

I don't think you are a police officer, and I'm also sure you never majored in criminal justice so just know you are wrong, the word impressive is far from it, this is the worst policing you can think of. First, policing in Nigeria is among the worst and this case just demonstrate it . In an organized society, the first would have been to call the emergency number like 911 and police would have come pick the child at the place where the child was found but you know that don't happen in Nigeria. How many citizens in Nigeria know which station is in their jurisdictions. The police can't just arrest someone on just suspicion, all they would have done is question her get all the necessary informations and let her go but keep a very close eye on her.

3 Likes

Re: How Woman Was Arrested After Taking A Missing Child To Police Station In Lagos by nextstep(m): 4:40pm On Aug 21, 2017
aputel:

It's a sad case and a 360 degree backward on the police . If the DPO is not remove as a bad example, the Police will have mess up the good intentions​ of the IG. Kindly escalate on Twitter and Facebook until the news get to the Presidency #SackIfakoDPO

The sad truth is the country is filled with DPOs like this, who owe no obligation to the local community and act like parasites. He knows what right from wrong, yet wants to hold her to get his bail money. I've dealt with two such, and I know. Even if the inspector collects money, you can be sure he must give DPO his share. In fact, the DPO insists on his quota. It's rare to find a DPO who is liked by his officers, and it's my opinion the DPO is the singular point of corruption in the NPF

2 Likes

Re: How Woman Was Arrested After Taking A Missing Child To Police Station In Lagos by judgedredd22(m): 4:41pm On Aug 21, 2017
SalamRushdie:

You are definitely a typical dishonest thieving Nigerian so I don't expect you to ever support any police action

2 Likes

Re: How Woman Was Arrested After Taking A Missing Child To Police Station In Lagos by julietm123: 4:50pm On Aug 21, 2017

1 Like

Re: How Woman Was Arrested After Taking A Missing Child To Police Station In Lagos by maasoap(m): 5:13pm On Aug 21, 2017
icedfire:
Lesson learnt. Only in Nigeria will you see an accident victim, or a missing child and the best you can do is run away or be locked up. At least you won't be charged with negligence if you run away
Very funny but disheartening observation! When you offer help, you're likely to end up in jail but when you don't offer help, no one will hold you responsible.
We have turned everything upside down in this country.

1 Like

Re: How Woman Was Arrested After Taking A Missing Child To Police Station In Lagos by Nobody: 5:19pm On Aug 21, 2017
SalamRushdie:

They are just being emotional and that had always been the problem with Nigerians ..Bro I stand by my comment fully

Before standing by your comment fully sir, you need to go back and read the story again, now this time, read it slowly.

1: A child of about 4 years was seen wondering around.
2: A lady saw her and returned the child to her local church.
3: The pastor of the church, in company of other church members returned the child to a particular police station because the police station have children's correctional and rehabilitation Centre and their statements taken.
4: Every body left very happy while the child was registered in the correctional facility.

Now fast-forward to two weeks later.

5: The same lady, two weeks later, heared that a certain family was looking for their child and that the child will be around 4 years old .
She now told them her story of how she rescued a wandering child and asked them to check the correctional center of that particular police station.

6: the next morning, police operatives from one ifakko police station arrested her and dumped her inside one of their dirty, infections infected cells.

7: What was her offense, misconduct!

8: What happened next, a brainless fool like you, because he has a cheap Internet connection started defending evil.
You typed once, and quoted 7 people that tried to correct your defected mentality.

Again, fast forward to this evening, I was discussing with a friend of mine who happens to be a police officer, and he said that the lady in question has no case to answer even though she reported at the wrong police station.
According to him, what the station normally do is to refer the lady to the right station if they have lazy officers.

Or
To receive the lady's complain and statement, note down her address and phone number, receive the child from her and send the child to their correctional facility, thank the lady very well, and send a memo to the police station that the lady should have complained to.

Now that you have seen how brainless you have been, can you apologize to those you have quoted please. Just show them some maturity.

8 Likes

Re: How Woman Was Arrested After Taking A Missing Child To Police Station In Lagos by maasoap(m): 5:22pm On Aug 21, 2017
SalamRushdie:

I have never been to police station and will never bro and there is a reason for that
May be you have never offered any help of this magnitude. May be you are the type that don't bother about anyone outside the people you already knew. What do you think about the type of message this Incidence is sending to people reading this? If the DPO had confirmed that the other police station actually received the custody of the child, then why is he still detaining the woman instead of asking the other police station what they did with the child?

1 Like

Re: How Woman Was Arrested After Taking A Missing Child To Police Station In Lagos by brightnelly(f): 5:34pm On Aug 21, 2017
Indeed there was a COUNTRY cry cry

1 Like

Re: How Woman Was Arrested After Taking A Missing Child To Police Station In Lagos by maxnedu11(m): 7:37pm On Aug 21, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Everyone forming Sherlock Holmes online, she took the child to church now becomes a problem for you, the truth of the matter is that the lady needed advice from someone she respect, trust and who is a spiritual leader to her.
please always try your best to help people.
Re: How Woman Was Arrested After Taking A Missing Child To Police Station In Lagos by Nobody: 9:49pm On Aug 21, 2017
SalamRushdie:
See them... Zoo people.

Mmmttshheewww
Re: How Woman Was Arrested After Taking A Missing Child To Police Station In Lagos by SalamRushdie: 9:54pm On Aug 21, 2017
Gabbysky:

See them... Zoo people.

Mmmttshheewww

Calm down I am no zoo man bro ..open your heart and instead of seeing thing from point of of annoyance...
Re: How Woman Was Arrested After Taking A Missing Child To Police Station In Lagos by masqot(m): 10:42pm On Aug 21, 2017
Imagine! Police is your friend.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Missing Child: Have You Seen Boluwatife Adegoke? / Commuters Stranded As Bandits Take Over Abuja-Kaduna Highway (Video) / Police Take Over Apogbon Bridge, Lagos After Public's Outcry (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.