Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,636 members, 7,813,102 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:04 AM

Top Six Most Successful Women In Corporate Nigeria - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Top Six Most Successful Women In Corporate Nigeria (37100 Views)

Who’s Who In Corporate Nigeria: Luis Gravito – The Strategist Comes To Lagos / Who’s Who In Corporate Nigeria: Pascal Dozie, The Board Veteran / Who’s Who In Corporate Nigeria: Wole Abegunde, Investment Banking Whiz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Six Most Successful Women In Corporate Nigeria by yusufu16: 9:14pm On Aug 22, 2017
OP remove No 1 an d 2. Anything Oil in this country is not legitimate. You are automatically a billionaire if a Politician dash you oil block in this country.

1 Like

Re: Top Six Most Successful Women In Corporate Nigeria by PierreDeFermat(m): 9:15pm On Aug 22, 2017
silentrock:
seriously? mo Abudu was born in 1964. and I have a thing for her she's almost my mom .I won't trust anybody with make up again
this has nothing to do with make up joor. if make up can do it,those white women wouldnt be going for facelift

1 Like

Re: Top Six Most Successful Women In Corporate Nigeria by ivolt: 9:16pm On Aug 22, 2017
Kobicove:
Frankly I do not think Shagaya should be on the list cos her fortune was made largely through government patronage undecided

Most fortunes are made through government patronage,
that is the "secret" many rich men and women closely
guard.
Re: Top Six Most Successful Women In Corporate Nigeria by nigeriantrend: 9:18pm On Aug 22, 2017
More people are still coming to join them soon. I respect linda Ikeji most out of them all
Re: Top Six Most Successful Women In Corporate Nigeria by PierreDeFermat(m): 9:25pm On Aug 22, 2017
silentrock:
seriously? mo Abudu was born in 1964. and I have a thing for her she's almost my mom .I won't trust anybody with make up again
Shagaya too

1 Like

Re: Top Six Most Successful Women In Corporate Nigeria by PierreDeFermat(m): 9:28pm On Aug 22, 2017
nigeriantrend:
More people are still coming to join them soon. I respect linda Ikeji most out of them all
true,Linda never had any government support but the likes of Shagaya,Alakija,etc . hmmmm one can't tell what they have to give back or the oath they have to reach or the cult they have to join to benefit that much from government. Nigerian government doesn't just enrich you like they're father christmas just like that
Re: Top Six Most Successful Women In Corporate Nigeria by surgical: 9:29pm On Aug 22, 2017
Kobicove:
Frankly I do not think Shagaya should be on the list cos her fortune was made largely through government patronage undecided
if dangote can be acknowledged why not her, the only difference between the two is that one is male and the other is a female.

1 Like

Re: Top Six Most Successful Women In Corporate Nigeria by stankezzy: 9:33pm On Aug 22, 2017
omofunaab:
Out of six, four are Yorubas

Our women are doing good
only linda ikeji I saw there , others ...... stole from first bank or other bank , befriend the ruling powers then they will give u an oil well . In abroad non of them qulifys to be a millionaire
Re: Top Six Most Successful Women In Corporate Nigeria by TerrorSquad147: 10:02pm On Aug 22, 2017
Biodun1929:

How many do you see on this list? Yea, i respect igbo people for their hardworking nature, but the fact is majority of the girls in brothels are igbo girls. #Fact.
like your mum?

1 Like

Re: Top Six Most Successful Women In Corporate Nigeria by walexbiz(m): 10:58pm On Aug 22, 2017
soberdrunk:
I soberdrunk i nor fear anybody neither do i fear being politically' wrong, i say the truth as it is! If Nigeria was a 'sane' country Mrs Alakija has no business on this list, her being on that list is an insult to all 'hardworking' Nigerians. How can you go from being a 'tailor' to a billionaire overnight because you beacame friends with president's wife, that is the highest level of Nepotism, favoritism, and all the other 'sm' that has to do with corruption.......... angry

The list is half filled with mediocre, so financial solvency translate to success? Anyway I can only say may be Mrs Awosika is the only person is worthy of being on that others are as a result of military or pitcial connection.

1 Like

Re: Top Six Most Successful Women In Corporate Nigeria by bakynes(m): 11:06pm On Aug 22, 2017
FKO81:

grin grin grin Yorubas bloggers doing what they know how to do best setting exam and scoring yourself, who go talk say im mama food no sweet, grin grin You guys are good with propaganda

Uju Ifejirika is ahead of Alakija, Uju Ifejirika Six most powerful woman in oil and gas in the world http://www.nasdaq.com/article/top-6-most-powerful-women-in-oil-and-gas-cm502914, I guess the blogger know little about Nkechi Obi Tecno oil, Stella Okoli Emzor, Udo Maryanne Okonjo CEO Fine & Country West Africa, listing Mo Abudu, Linda Ikeji and HAJIYA BOLA SHAGAYA shows the blogger is very ignorant.

When we say make the likes of this fool am quoting to go to school, they won't listen. Uju Ifejirika is richer than. Alakija? Seriously are you okay at all because I doubt if you are.

1 Like

Re: Top Six Most Successful Women In Corporate Nigeria by Halo22: 11:15pm On Aug 22, 2017
Some ladies are making up these days
But seriously I don't think I can marry a lady richer than me, for reason best known to me
Re: Top Six Most Successful Women In Corporate Nigeria by Biodun1929(m): 12:41am On Aug 23, 2017
TerrorSquad147:
like your mum?

No...like your mom and all the females in your family. And that would be your future daughter's occupation too.
Re: Top Six Most Successful Women In Corporate Nigeria by nisimi09: 12:46am On Aug 23, 2017
soberdrunk:
I soberdrunk i nor fear anybody neither do i fear being politically' wrong, i say the truth as it is! If Nigeria was a 'sane' country Mrs Alakija has no business on this list, her being on that list is an insult to all 'hardworking' Nigerians. How can you go from being a 'tailor' to a billionaire overnight because you beacame friends with president's wife, that is the highest level of Nepotism, favoritism, and all the other 'sm' that has to do with corruption.......... angry
you refuse to consider the work ethics that brought her close to the President's wife in the first place. There is always a bit of luck to the success of all entrepreneurs but they prepared for it. Other people had been closed to Several Presidents but never as successful as Alakija.

1 Like

Re: Top Six Most Successful Women In Corporate Nigeria by TheEminentLaity: 1:55am On Aug 23, 2017
'Successful' should have been defined before making the list. Are all rich people successful? Maybe they are ... Evans was successful, until he got caught. Babangida and Danjuma are successful if Alakija is.

Abeg, criminals too many for Nigeria, make us try to promote good role models for the future generations. Please.
Re: Top Six Most Successful Women In Corporate Nigeria by Nobody: 2:07am On Aug 23, 2017
AreaFada2:
Once you mention oil as part of their business, forget it. All na through military dictator, powerful politician/military boyfriend or connection. They are part of our oil curse.

I respect those who did not grow through oil. Even if they later have big men sugar daddies.

Typical misogynist
Re: Top Six Most Successful Women In Corporate Nigeria by Nobody: 2:10am On Aug 23, 2017
PierreDeFermat:
true,Linda never had any government support but the likes of Shagaya,Alakija,etc . hmmmm one can't tell what they have to give back or the oath they have to reach or the cult they have to join to benefit that much from government. Nigerian government doesn't just enrich you like they're father christmas just like that

Believe it or not, some people are wealthy because of favor and wisdom, ask Solomon if you are a Christian
Re: Top Six Most Successful Women In Corporate Nigeria by gare2510(m): 3:18am On Aug 23, 2017
You rate success by wealth, then deizziani should be on this list, what do you mean by corporate world, did all these women rise through the ranks in a corporate firm
Re: Top Six Most Successful Women In Corporate Nigeria by Aragon: 3:46am On Aug 23, 2017
Rorachy:
I love this and I aspire to be one.

Very nice and inspiring to hear this from a young lady.... What's your dream? and what are your plans to achieve them?
Re: Top Six Most Successful Women In Corporate Nigeria by essence1: 4:05am On Aug 23, 2017
AreaFada2:
Once you mention oil as part of their business, forget it. All na through military dictator, powerful politician/military boyfriend or connection. They are part of our oil curse.

I respect those who did not grow through oil. Even if they later have big men sugar daddies.
Re: Top Six Most Successful Women In Corporate Nigeria by Godmother(f): 5:05am On Aug 23, 2017
I hope to be on this list someday.

Meanwhile, check my signature for stories in topical women issues.
Re: Top Six Most Successful Women In Corporate Nigeria by Origin(f): 5:30am On Aug 23, 2017
Kobicove:

Actually it seems most had government patronage.
Re: Top Six Most Successful Women In Corporate Nigeria by Nobody: 5:54am On Aug 23, 2017
The only credible names on that list is are;
Ibukun Awosika & Uju Ufejika.
Others that should have been profiled in no particular order are;

Stella Okoli- Emzor,

Udo Maryanne Okonjo- Fine & Country West Africa,

Yvonne Ike Fashinro - Bank of America, JP Morgan,

Sola David Borha- Stanbic IBTC

Funke Osibodu- Union Bank

Daphne Dafinone - KPMG, Horwath Dafinone

Mfon Akpan - Stanbic IBTC

1 Like

Re: Top Six Most Successful Women In Corporate Nigeria by HarunaWest(m): 6:00am On Aug 23, 2017
Codedrock:

SOURCE: http://www.takemetonaija.com/2017/06/top-six-most-successful-women-in.html
Imagine... U didnt mention Adaora Umeoji..... DMD of ZenithBank... Shame on yah

1 Like

Re: Top Six Most Successful Women In Corporate Nigeria by millhouse: 6:46am On Aug 23, 2017
good
Re: Top Six Most Successful Women In Corporate Nigeria by TerrorSquad147: 6:58am On Aug 23, 2017
Biodun1929:

Yes...like my mom and all the females in my family. And that would be my future daughter's occupation too.
Okay, I wish all the females in your house best of luck
Re: Top Six Most Successful Women In Corporate Nigeria by PierreDeFermat(m): 7:14am On Aug 23, 2017
Pidgin2:

Believe it or not, some people are wealthy because of favor and wisdom, ask Solomon if you are a Christian
so,favour is when just one person owns oil block that belongs to 20million people? are you telling me that the millions of people that own it but dying in poverty are not favored enough from God because the favoured one privatises their oil block?
Re: Top Six Most Successful Women In Corporate Nigeria by KryptiC(m): 7:47am On Aug 23, 2017
the margin between the rich and the poor keeps expanding...most of them were born of rich parents..make dem show us people wey nor get money before...it's all a factor of opportunities..if most of us are given these same opportunities we ll be richer sef
Re: Top Six Most Successful Women In Corporate Nigeria by dellsupport(m): 7:47am On Aug 23, 2017
Dell products have high demand in the market and it just because of it features and its latest designs. Though it has high demand but still users have some problem regarding Dell products.
For any problem regarding Dell products, click on the given link-
https://dellcustomerservices.net/dell-customer-service/
Re: Top Six Most Successful Women In Corporate Nigeria by wildchild02: 8:22am On Aug 23, 2017
Inspirational..all slay queens should take note grin

Check my signature to order your football jerseys and get FREE CUSTOMIZATION, YES you heard me right FREE CUSTOMIZATION.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Computer Science: Where Can I Work? / 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? / NIIT: Are They Worth It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.