Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,095 members, 7,811,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? (37124 Views)

Kaduna Doctors Tell El-rufai To Correct Shortfall In Salaries / Dismissed Staff Were Adequately Compensated – Heritage Bank / Heritage Bank Sacks 400 Staff - NAN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by rhymaholic: 11:49am On Aug 14, 2016
Be thankful for what you have.

A friend who works with HERITAGE BANK told me that they've been getting half of their pay since last month as instructed by the bank. All staff across board had their salaries slashed into half, is either you take it or you resign. The bank took the decision so as not to sack anybody and so as to stay afloat.

Heritage bank which is basically into commercial banking have been struggling to keep their books in check since the implementation of the TSA.

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by murphyrichy(m): 1:20pm On Aug 14, 2016
Half bread always better than none. wow, the first time am making FTC on Front page. I dedicate it to my first love. my one 'n' only Mum. May God continue to protect her.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by ignis: 1:45pm On Aug 14, 2016
Better than sack.

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by Tunechi1(m): 3:03pm On Aug 14, 2016
Shey dis one na before dem vomit NPA money abi after

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by izzou(m): 3:13pm On Aug 14, 2016
Full salary no dey reach, dem con give me half

Hian

God, please have mercy on Nigeria

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by Wealthyone: 3:28pm On Aug 14, 2016
Half bread is betta dan chin-chin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Aug 14, 2016
At all,at all Na him bad....

Half bread is beta than full puff puff.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by franklynsunny(m): 5:21pm On Aug 14, 2016
Why is dis economy so harsh dis days for salary wey no reach

Dis economy touch everywere n nw my dog food Is also on d increase....kilode?

bag of rice 20k,d last time I brought bag of rice was 27th March 2015 bfor election bt today...c every every

I can't even afford to drive my car everywhere I lv to visit like bfor...am nw in ma best economics sense to handle all tins around me...

Dis is too much,jus 1yr....

O lord c us tru...

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 14, 2016
Alphadex cheesy have you eaten?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by AlphaDex: 5:50pm On Aug 14, 2016
firstEVA:
Alphadex cheesy have you eaten?
Hey, missing you has stifled my appetite. I need you.
Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by sugni: 6:07pm On Aug 14, 2016
Christmas won't be fun this year cry

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by ngoben(f): 6:10pm On Aug 14, 2016
Nawahoooo....economy tight hooo
Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Aug 14, 2016
When is buhari getting impeached? We don tire abeg

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Aug 14, 2016
AlphaDex:
you don't disappoint.

Packing my luggage, boarding next flight cool.

I wonder how people earning half salaries cope this period of near recession sad times are tough.
Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by AlphaDex: 6:57pm On Aug 14, 2016
firstEVA:
you don't disappoint.

Packing my luggage, boarding next flight cool.

I wonder how people earning half salaries cope this period of near recession sad times are tough.

Yes, I have read about economic recession but have never truly experienced one. It's about time I did.

Thoughts of you make it secondary!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by rusher14: 7:36pm On Aug 14, 2016
I should be seeing flyers and threads concerning how to make baskets, school bags, slippers, torchlights, lightbulbs etc.

We depend too much on banking jobs that have traditionally been short term and unreliable.

The Nigerian youth should farm, make finished goods that have relevance to them and the larger society.

Until this is done, I'm sorry but there'll always be a large fraction of unemployed and underpaid amongst the youth.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Aug 14, 2016
AlphaDex:
Yes, I have read about economic recession but have never truly experienced one. It's about time I did.

Thoughts of you make it secondary!
It's not what anyone should experience honestly.

I am confident things will get better, I am getting you to vote APC in 2019 grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Aug 14, 2016
rhymaholic:

A friend who works with HERITAGE BANK told me that they've been getting half of their pay since last month as instructed by the bank. All staff across board had their salaries slashed into half, is either you take it or you resign. The bank took the decision so as not to sack anybody and so as to stay afloat.

Heritage bank which is basically into commercial banking have been struggling to keep their books in check since the implementation of the TSA.
how true is this? Can somebody confirm and revert ASAP. Prolly your friend is a contract staff who knows grin
rhymaholic:

how true is this? Can somebody confirm and revert ASAP. Prolly your friend is a contract staff who knows

1 Like

Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by AlphaDex: 3:16am On Aug 15, 2016
firstEVA:
It's not what anyone should experience honestly.

I am confident things will get better, I am getting you to vote APC in 2019 grin
Dear, I have never voted in a presidential or gubernatorial elections. I doubt I'll change in 2019.
Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by iyaegin: 5:15am On Aug 15, 2016
One thing that never ceases to amaze me in this country is how news about certain issues gets out in the Public long after that have occured,maybe am just a learner...well yes this has been on for like a month or more that HBNG slashed staff salaries same way the news about bank staff declaring their assets that just broke out last week has since been concluded in most banks.I just hope n pray my organisation does not slash salaries, it would be real gobe.....Great week ahead guys..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by laribari(m): 5:25am On Aug 15, 2016
sugni:

Omo na red eyes o! No free gift this time around oo make my in-laws dem chill first o! cool
Nowadays, no free gift even in free-town o!
Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by duduade: 5:41am On Aug 15, 2016
murphyrichy:
Half bread always better than none.

The board of directors are considerate hunans
Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by power900: 6:56am On Aug 15, 2016
sugni:
I tell you bro, don't be surprise to see banks open if it falls on a weekday,lol, niaja is in the worst government ,even worse than abacha's own

3 Likes

Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by Nobody: 7:26am On Aug 15, 2016
AlphaDex:
Dear, I have never voted in a presidential or gubernatorial elections. I doubt I'll change in 2019.
Thanks for making it very clear that you cannot be influenced undecided

Since you don't vote, I hope you know you've lost every moral right to complain about a bad govt? angry angry angry

tongue

10 Likes

Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by Nobody: 7:31am On Aug 15, 2016
In 2012 a friend of mine who left the banking industry said the banks his bank in particular will not be able to comtinue footing their wage bill fast forward to 2016 it is happening live salary slash is not news l expected the banks to have done this since especially from the top but instead they carry out mass sacking

1 Like

Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by AlphaDex: 8:22am On Aug 15, 2016
firstEVA:
Thanks for making it very clear that you cannot be influenced undecided

Since you don't vote, I hope you know you've lost every moral right to complain about a bad govt? angry angry angry

tongue
grin grin grin Our votes have never counted and won't for a considerable stretch of time.

For the life of me, I cannot envisage myself standing and queuing up in the scorching sun for hours only to vote when the worth of my vote is only in association of establishing a convincing rig of the election.

Maybe if we had a system that allows one to vote within minutes and be done, I may grudgingly contribute to the process .

Kudos to all Nigerians who are building our electioneering process all the same by voting.

Voting is my right which I have the prerogative to excercise or not to excercise. It doesn't take away other rights of which criticising any government is constitutionally guaranteed without the prerequisite of voting.

Your Buhari has made some un-President-like statement which made the APC to have a sour taste in the mouth by the way.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by efficiencie(m): 8:48am On Aug 15, 2016
...this is what happens when a people depend on a single tap believing the water will keep rushing forever...but sadly, though water still abounds, the pipes feeding the one tap we depend on are leaking or broken by the selfish few and the teeming ordinary people are plunged into thirst...Now these same people see the need for multiple taps in multiple regions but taps don't appear out of nowhere rather they are made.

So while we wait for the undoing of the deeds of folly of our fathers, some may have to endure the thirst and drought...

3 Likes

Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by Nobody: 9:56am On Aug 15, 2016
The news is real. I just confirmed from a friend that works there....but how did we get to this point? Lord have mercy!
The recession is real, let us all braze up for it.

Dy
Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by oweniwe(m): 10:21am On Aug 15, 2016
rusher14:
I should be seeing flyers and threads concerning how to make baskets, school bags, slippers, torchlights, lightbulbs etc.

We depend too much on banking jobs that have traditionally been short term and unreliable.

The Nigerian youth should farm, make finished goods that have relevance to them another larger society.

Where is the capital nau..... Do you think farming does not require capital ?

The fastest yielding agric ventures are catfish, snail and vegetables farming I think.... Even those ones require suitable land, fence / security, water/borehole and feed/labor/herbicides..

If capital is available, youths will farm

10 Likes

Re: 50% Slash In Salaries Of Heritage Bank Staff? by Mannylex(m): 10:45am On Aug 15, 2016
duduade:

The board of directors are considerate humans

Yes they are, but do they really have a choice? Based on their staff strength which is quite small, if they retrenched staff, how many would be left?

It was more of a logical decision than a considerate one.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NIIT: Are They Worth It? / Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies / The Sleeping Habits Of Successful People: Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, Branson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.