Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,144 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:08 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) (62175 Views)

Poll: Should Wenger Go After Yet Another Failed Season??

Yes: 44% (13 votes)
No: 55% (16 votes)
This poll has ended

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100) (Go Down)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by eldee(m): 12:59pm On Feb 18, 2010
I've always wanted to start one of these threads just to clear the 'Wenger Knows' thing we have to see everytime.

Anyways, we're starting this thread on a kinda bad note . . . but this is a new thread, new beginning.
Third in the League, UCL qualifying stages with an away goal . . . we can do this.

We all need to still throw all hands on deck.

Continued from
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-362333.3168.html
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by woye77: 1:11pm On Feb 18, 2010
wenger is a big fool! he should just leave Arsenal alone and go his way
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by dayokanu(m): 1:24pm On Feb 18, 2010
The title of the thread shoulda been

Arsenal fans (We really suck)
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by tayoccu(m): 1:29pm On Feb 18, 2010
must you always think with your anus?
(funny anus didn't get censored grin grin grin grin grin cheesy)
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by duduspace(m): 1:44pm On Feb 18, 2010
New thread, new beginning; May this thread bring us much joy than the other one.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by presido1: 1:53pm On Feb 18, 2010
duduspace:

New thread, new beginning; May this thread bring us much joy than the other one.
You guys said the same line when the last thread started yet u ended the thread whinning.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by dayokanu(m): 1:55pm On Feb 18, 2010
You guys said the same line when the last thread started yet u ended the thread whinning.

Nothing ever changes with the GAYYners
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by mukina2: 2:13pm On Feb 18, 2010
Thanks Eldee wink

new thread new everything, New things.
Arsenal Yes we Can!!! cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by presido1: 2:42pm On Feb 18, 2010
mukina2:

Thanks Eldee wink

new thread new everything, New things.
Arsenal Yes we Can!!! cool
Yes you can with the addition of Chiamaka
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by FBS: 2:45pm On Feb 18, 2010
And the story continues. . . cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by HNIC(m): 2:52pm On Feb 18, 2010
eldee:

We all need to still throw all hands on deck.
@eldee
Fabianski won't let us! smiley
Heard he was amongst the players randomly selected for drug test.
It certainly couldn't have been for 'Performance enhancing' ones.
Could have been for . . . . .  . . . you can fill in the blanks grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by Sauron1: 2:56pm On Feb 18, 2010
dayokanu:

Nothing ever changes with the GAYYners

They are all <snip> . . . .GAYnners can't think on their feet.

Somebody said he saw Fabregas got booked for taking a quick free-kick.
It means Cesc musta taken a quick freekick [b]after [/b]telling the referee he would wait for the whistle.

The referee asks if the player taking the freekick wants it quick or will wait for the whistle.
Cesc musta told the referee he would wait, then take it quick while the referee is arranging the wall for the defending team.

I dunno there are still some simpletons on this planet who don't grasp the basic rules in football.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by duduspace(m): 3:28pm On Feb 18, 2010
~Sauron~:

The referee asks if the player taking the freekick wants it quick or will wait for the whistle.
Cesc musta told the referee he would wait, then take it quick while the referee is arranging the wall for the defending team.
I dunno there are still some simpletons on this planet who don't grasp the basic rules in football.

You are the one looking like a simpleton now, did you see any dialogue between the ref and the player who took that freekick? that guy should have been booked for playing the ball before the ref said anything. The ref only started raising his hand after the free kick had been taken.
Anyway yu can run your mouth how you like, I don't expect anything else from you.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by Gekko(m): 3:41pm On Feb 18, 2010
duduspace:

You are the one looking like a simpleton now, did you see any dialogue between the ref and the player who took that freekick? that guy should have been booked for playing the ball before the ref said anything. The ref only started raising his hand after the free kick had been taken.
Anyway yu can run your mouth how you like, I don't expect anything else from you.

i was also convinced that the referee raised his hands after the free kick and even had his back turned to the free kick but this picture tell a diff story.  I think we goofed on this one, although the referee is blocking Sol.

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by HNIC(m): 4:01pm On Feb 18, 2010
~Sauron~:

Somebody said he saw Fabregas got booked for taking a quick free-kick.
It means Cesc musta taken a quick freekick after [/b]telling the referee [b]he would wait for the whistle.

@Sauron
musta,coulda,woulda,you are also guessing what Cesc discussed with the ref!
Na wa oooh
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by khanye(m): 4:02pm On Feb 18, 2010
Wenger dey Vex grin grin

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by Sauron1: 4:57pm On Feb 18, 2010
HNIC:

@Sauron
musta,coulda,woulda,you are also guessing what Cesc discussed with the ref!
Na wa oooh

I am NOT guessing. . . . .These kinda dialogues happen day to day on the pitch.
When freekicks are about to be taken, the referees ask if players want it taken quickly.
As per the yellow card Cesc copped for taking it quick. . . . .kindly tell me the match it happened and i will extract the match report berating Cesc for trying to con the referee.

duduspace:

The advantage lies with Porto. . . . . .
Quick freekick can be taken or he can also wait for the referee's whistle.
What he cannot do is tell the referee he will wait for the whistle and while the referee is arranging the wall of the defending team, he then takes it.
There are rules in football, you doofus!!!

From Graham Poll. . . .

First you have to deal with the principle of a free-kick.
If the attacking team are fouled then it is they who hold the advantage.

With a free-kick around the penalty area, we always ask the players whether they want it quick or slow.
This is their window of opportunity to surprise the defence.

If they want it quick, then they have given up the right to re-take it, no matter if it hits a defender who's three yards away.
The same goes if they kick it over the bar. They only get one chance.

The flip side is if they want it slow, they CANNOT then take it while I count out the ten yards for the wall.
They must wait for my whistle.

There is nothing in the laws of the game that say we have to indicate for the free-kick to be taken.
It's just like when someone wants to take a free-kick anywhere else on the field.

As long as the ball is stationary and in the right place then the attacking team can take it as quickly as they like.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by duduspace(m): 5:10pm On Feb 18, 2010
Sauron, can you point out one thing Graham Poll has said to support Arsenal? even during the Eduardo issue he told us Eduardo had dived even when UEFA later said there was contact while blatantly supporting his countryman Rooney when he dived the following week. The referee had control of the ball and dropped it, for an opposing player while blocking our player from even making a tackle. Even if he allowed the goal on a technicality, he should have disallowed it because he was blocking our player.

Gekko:

i was also convinced that the referee raised his hands after the free kick and even had his back turned to the free kick but this picture tell a diff story.  I think we goofed on this one, although the referee is blocking Sol.

That picture there is not of the initial free kick, it is the player having the second touch, the free kick had already been taken by the player standing by Sol Campbell. It is one of those things we will have to deal with though and our players did show a lot of naivity, wont matter if we beat them at the emirates and our boys should be fired up for that due to the injustice of that goal.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by Sauron1: 5:15pm On Feb 18, 2010
duduspace:

Sauron, can you point out one thing Graham Poll has said to support Arsenal? even during the Eduardo issue he told us Eduardo had dived even when UEFA later said there was contact. The referee had control of the ball and dropped it.

Stop acting like a sore loser.
Graham Poll made this statement when he allowed Henry's freekick against Chelsea in 2004!!!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sportacademy/hi/sa/football/features/newsid_3409000/3409567.stm

That picture there is not of the initial free kick, it is the player having the second touch, the free kick had already been taken by the player standing by Sol Campbell. It is one of those things we will have to deal with though, wont matter if we beat them at the emirates.

Chirst Almighty!!!

An indirect free-kick was awarded. 2 or more team-mates must touch the ball before a goal can be allowed.
The player standing by the ball touched it first and the other geezer rolled the ball into the net.
There are so many retards supporting Arsenal - For someone who claims to know a lot of footie and yet he thinks a direct freekick is what is allowed when the back-pass rule is enforced is a disgrace.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by Nobody: 5:37pm On Feb 18, 2010
If Arsenal's defending wasn't so shambolic on the free-kick,the ref guilty or not,wouldn't have been the object of this debate.
How everybody kept strolling back after a crisis situation had erupted (an in-direct kick in your 18-yard box) is another question to be asked,apart from frying Fabianski.
I thought the major priority woulda been to avoid the kick from being taken quickly.
Ref may have contributed,but it started with grade-A naivety on the Gunners part.The Porto player were never going to wait for Arsenal to forma a wall.Especially when not too many of them appeared to be in a hurry to defend the kick.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by Sauron1: 5:40pm On Feb 18, 2010
Eastbay:

If Arsenal's defending wasn't so shambolic on the free-kick,the ref guilty or not,wouldn't have been the object of this debate.
How everybody kept strolling back after a crisis situation had erupted (an in-direct kick in your 18-yard box) is another question to be asked,apart from frying Fabianski.
I thought the major priority woulda been to avoid the kick from being taken quickly.
Ref may have contributed,but it started with grade-A naivety on the Gunners part.The Porto player were never going to wait for Arsenal to forma a wall.Especially when not too many of them appeared to be in a hurry to defend the kick.

Referee contributed nowt.
Campbell touched the ball before Fabianski picked it. The referee did not conjure the freekick from nowhere.
The foul was committed because Campbell/Fabianski are dunderheads. What happened next was a show of horror. . . . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by HNIC(m): 5:51pm On Feb 18, 2010
Now suddenly Graham Poll is an authority in refereeing.
the same idiot that disgraced England at the World Cup by flashing three yellow cards at a player!
Meanwhile this stuff should go!
Nothing can change the outcome of the match!
there's still a second leg to play!
We look forward to saturday.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by femionasan(m): 5:52pm On Feb 18, 2010
David Morris (Aberdeen) says,

The Referee was woefully wrong. I am an ex football referee. 1. It was not a deliberate pass back. 2. When he blew his whistle to stop play, he should immediately have raised his right arm to indicate it was an indirect free kick and raised his left hand to indicate in which direction (which team) the direct free kick was given. The fact it was not a deliberate pass and no signal was given from the ref caused total confusion, but for the players around the situation. The ref took the ball from the keeper and handed it on a plate to the opposition player. FARCICAL and totally against the spirit of the laws in which the game is supposed to be played. He gave Porto every chance to score and Arsenal NO CHANCE to defend. There is nothing wrong in taking a free kick quickly, but did nobody notice that the referee only raised his hand to show that it was an in-direct free kick AFTER THE PLAYER TOOK THE FREE KICK! (Farcical) And that was on top of the penalty he didn't give one minute earlier. This referee was a joke for the Irish and he was a joke last night too! And I shall tell you exactly why he didn't give the penalty - because he disn't see it - that's why. if you watch the tv/film again, the merest, almost 100th of a second before the trip he slants his head and looks directly towards the goal. By the merest of a fraction of a second he took his eye off the ball. This referee doesn't possess enough BRAIN as regards being a football referee that you keep your eye on the ball for danger at all times! In danger areas he doesn't keep his eye on the ball, hence the reason he missed the Irish incident too. This referee if allowed to continue at the highest level will make more similar mistakes - mark my words.

Posted 10:41 18th February 2010

http://msnsport.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_5956420,00.html#yourviewcomments
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by Sauron1: 5:54pm On Feb 18, 2010
HNIC:

Now suddenly Graham Poll is an authority in refereeing.
the same idiot that disgraced England at the World Cup by flashing three yellow cards at a player!

Poll is human. . . .prone to mistakes but the laws don't make mistakes.
The advantage lies with the attacking team.
I have known that for almost 8 years now - learn the rules and don't let your watery patriotism becloud your senses. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by HNIC(m): 5:58pm On Feb 18, 2010
~Sauron~:

Poll is human. . . .prone to mistakes but the laws don't make mistakes.
The advantage lies with the attacking team.
I have known that for almost 8 years now - learn the rules and don't let your watery patriotism becloud your senses. grin
What silly rules?
Poll should be ignored after that goof.(3 yellow cards)
Referees usually defend themselves.
Wsan't this same idiotic referee defended when Henry controlled the ball with his hand
It's not about the laws of the game.
It's about this useless referee.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by HNIC(m): 6:02pm On Feb 18, 2010
femionasan:

David Morris (Aberdeen) says,

The Referee was woefully wrong. I am an ex football referee. 1. It was not a deliberate pass back. 2. When he blew his whistle to stop play, he should immediately have raised his right arm to indicate it was an indirect free kick and raised his left hand to indicate in which direction (which team) the direct free kick was given. The fact it was not a deliberate pass and no signal was given from the ref caused total confusion, but for the players around the situation. The ref took the ball from the keeper and handed it on a plate to the opposition player. FARCICAL and totally against the spirit of the laws in which the game is supposed to be played. He gave Porto every chance to score and Arsenal NO CHANCE to defend. There is nothing wrong in taking a free kick quickly, but did nobody notice that the referee only raised his hand to show that it was an in-direct free kick [b]AFTER THE PLAYER TOOK THE FREE KICK! (Farcical)[/b] And that was on top of the penalty he didn't give one minute earlier. This referee was a joke for the Irish and he was a joke last night too! And I shall tell you exactly why he didn't give the penalty - because he disn't see it - that's why. if you watch the tv/film again, the merest, almost 100th of a second before the trip he slants his head and looks directly towards the goal. By the merest of a fraction of a second he took his eye off the ball. This referee doesn't possess enough BRAIN as regards being a football referee that you keep your eye on the ball for danger at all times! In danger areas he doesn't keep his eye on the ball, hence the reason he missed the Irish incident too. This referee if allowed to continue at the highest level will make more similar mistakes - mark my words.

Posted 10:41 18th February 2010

http://msnsport.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_5956420,00.html#yourviewcomments
@femionasan
Thanks bros.
Only the scummies see otherwise!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by Sauron1: 6:08pm On Feb 18, 2010
HNIC:

@femionasan
Thanks bros.
Only the scummies see otherwise!

Hehehehehehe

The advantage lies with the attacking team!!!
Fabianski was hugging the ball like a baby and the referee demanded for the ball.
So y'all expect the referee to wait till useless Arsenal players regroup before he allows the play to continue?

What kinda dimwits support Arsenal? grin
Freekicks resulting from back-pass are ALWAYS indirect freekicks. . . . .only a complete cretin would think otherwise.
Arsenal players were caught napping and it's good they paid for their ineptitude in the defence.

The animal claiming to be an ex-referee could be Folahann or J Unit. I will rather listen to someone i know(Poll) than a faceless slowpoke. grin

HNIC:

What silly rules?
Poll should be ignored after that goof.(3 yellow cards)
Referees usually defend themselves.
Wsan't this same idiotic referee defended when Henry controlled the ball with his hand
It's not about the laws of the game.
It's about this useless referee.

Henry handled the ball twice but the onus was on the match officials to stop the play.
What should Henry have done? Kaka is a Christian but he woulda done the exact thing Henry did.
Score first, argue later.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by presido1: 6:51pm On Feb 18, 2010
HNIC

The quote from Graham was in support of Henry's goal against chelsea so he did not say it to support Porto. It was in support of Arsenal. I am sure the day Henry scored that goal to earn a point for you guys you did not castigate him or the ref so was your gaffer.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by chamotex(m): 7:08pm On Feb 18, 2010
Sol was supposed to be the most experienced player on that pitch last night.
After the ref awarded the indirect free-kick all he could do was clutch his hands to his face.

Like c'mon doofus, you've got a free-kick to defend. He should have reacted quicker and stop Fabianski from giving the ball back.

That kinda thing would never happen to Lehmann or VDS.
They would kick the ball into row Z and get booked.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by presido1: 7:37pm On Feb 18, 2010
^^^ Is that not similar to Gallas tantrum last two seasons. When you need their experiance and maturity as winners they always don't turn up. I feel they have spirit of loosers in Arsenal. Next time you guys are fasting and praying for injury endeavour to remember the spirit failure.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by elbereth: 7:38pm On Feb 18, 2010
now i know how Chelsea felt having to deal with Ovrebo's incompetence
such dubious officiating is sickening
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by allboyz(m): 9:11pm On Feb 18, 2010
Sunderland next. . . Almunia and song back into the squad!!! grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100)

3 Clubs That Could Stop Liverpool From Defending The Champions League / Chelsea Vs Southampton (1 - 3) On 3rd October 2015 / Barcelona Vs Real Madrid : El Clasico (2 - 1) On 22nd March 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.