Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,364 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) (62313 Views)

Poll: Should Wenger Go After Yet Another Failed Season??

Yes: 44% (13 votes)
No: 55% (16 votes)
This poll has ended

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by dayokanu(m): 7:34pm On Feb 21, 2010
Shame nor dey catch some people sha.

How you go lose home and away to your title rivals 10-2 aggregate and still pop up your heads here yarning nonsense is beyond me.

Gayyners would always be GAYYners sha
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by edoyad(m): 7:45pm On Feb 21, 2010
The day that losing to title rivals decides who lifts the cup let them let us know. As for me and my club we've got 11 games left with non of the big four in mix, enough reason to apply that sun screen and lay back on the sand. cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by dayokanu(m): 7:51pm On Feb 21, 2010
[quote[b]]"He is getting there," Wenger said[/b]. "He gets harsh treatment but we see signs in training where he doesn't let other people kick him. It is part of the learning process of the job."

there was a moment in the second that epitomised the pressure he is under.

An errant Walcott cross was followed by a frustrated snipe from team-mate Samir Nasri, while television pictures picked out Capello's reaction in the stand[quote][/quote]

That is the delusion called Wenger. He is the only one who can see any form of improvement in Theo Walcott after 4 years
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by edoyad(m): 8:04pm On Feb 21, 2010
Walcott's team won their match this weekend which is more than can be said of many teams i know.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by dayokanu(m): 8:24pm On Feb 21, 2010
Walcotts team has been beaten blueblack by their title rivals and are many points off the top of their league
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by MrCrackles(m): 8:27pm On Feb 21, 2010
dayokanu:

Walcotts team has been beaten blueblack by their title rivals and are many points off the top of their league
Ok. . .
U sound like a broken record now dude. . .
Nothing meaningful and sensible to do on the internet other than to keep coughing up phlegm and blood all over the Arsenal thread. . .
Raaasclat!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by Gooner1: 9:15am On Feb 22, 2010
I won’t speculate on what I didn’t see. I didn’t watch the Sunderland game. While the Gunners were battling to a 2-2 draw with Sunderland, I was busy trying to stay awake at my Marketing seminar. Bummer, I could have followed it on my mobile, but I’d used up the battery all morning making notes while I was better writing on the free printing paper in the lobby. I’ve seen the goals and with the reports I’ve seen, we should have buried it early.

Still it’s another three points in the bag on a day when Man Utd lost to an in form Everton side leaving us with the thought that them playing Chelsea and Livepool later on in the campaign makes it look like we have a shout at second spot and *** Who knows?

I’ve seen the goals and Eboue was brilliant in the build up to Bendtner’s goal. Cesc’s penalty late on took his tally for the season to 15(12 League). Apart from that, it was pretty much a fair result given the possession we had throughout the game.

Now I’ve just seen Andy Gray on Sky and I’m furious. I guess I have to take back most of the things I said about Lukasz Fabianski and agree with Arsene Wenger that referee Martin Hansson was sh*te in his build up to Porto’s second goal on Wednesday.

Replays actually show that Fabianksi did make an attempt to hold on to the ball at first by refusing to give it to the Porto player then relinquishing it to the referee. He then proceeded to attract the attention of the assistant referee whilst running back to his position. It then shows Thomas Vermaelen call out for a wall only to discover that the referee had dropped the ball for the Porto player who wasted no time to square for Falcao who easily found the net for their second. All this happened while the referee was obscuring Sol Campbell’s path and before he raised his hand for the free kick. You can find a link to the video here…I can’t shout!

An interesting thing though is that only one point separates 4th and 7th place in the league. With the Premier League considering a radical play off system for the Champions’ League, our best bet is to pull away from the pack, not just now but all the time just in case that crazy idea manages to go through. We are now two points behind Manchester Utd and six behind Chelsea. My take is that we take the games as they come especially our crunch tie against Stoke on Saturday. I wonder where I’ll be able to see the game given that by then I’ll be on the other side of the pond. . .

Till then…Victoria Concordia Crescit!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by edoyad(m): 9:17am On Feb 22, 2010
Just ignore donkey, how can humans reason with a beast of burden ?
Anyways slim i'm liking your idea on racking em goals difference, i've got a feeling we'll have a tie at the end of season.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by HNIC(m): 9:38am On Feb 22, 2010
'Come to see Eboue! You've only come to see Eboue! Come to see Eboooue'.
MOTM performance on Saturday.
Suffice to say,'the only gunner who u trust to deliver a good cross into the box'
We go to Stoke next.!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by allboyz(m): 9:59am On Feb 22, 2010
unto stoke. . . . 3 points in da kitty . . . did i hear some scream yea? tongue tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by edoyad(m): 10:22am On Feb 22, 2010
Hell [size=18pt]Yeaaaaa ![/size]
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by slimshay(m): 12:52pm On Feb 22, 2010
Hell effing YEEEEAAAHH!!!

Lets just pick the 3 points up a game at a time.

Meanwhile im still on the goals ish, we need to get back into early season goal scoring form. Especially at home.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by debosky(m): 3:31pm On Feb 22, 2010
First and foremost, this is directed at Dr. Kit

Bendtnerrrr tongue grin

An OK performance from the Arsenal. . .one or two more goals and I'd have said it was a very good performance.

We had a combination of problems in this game - the usual defensive weakness (can Wenger please SELL Silvestre??) but a capable goalkeeper (at most times anyways) for a change, and a lack of real cutting edge upfront (or simply amazing defending).

The most important thing was that we got another win and a clean sheet to boot, taking advantage of the slip up by the scumtwats earlier on.

Eboue was good - his delivery is consistently coming through now, something Sagna and Clichy would do well to emulate. Walcott was more than decent, especially when he went at goal, often causing issues. What he MUST work on again is his delivery. . . .we need more of the Milan and Anfield deliveries he gave to Ade and Arshavin and less of the mishits of Saturday.

Nasri played possibly his best game for us all season, threatening, probing, shooting. . . if not for Craig Gordon he's have scored a brace at least.

All in all I still regard this as medicine after death - with two signings or a better tactical approach we might have taken something off Chelski or Utd and given ourselves a better shot at the title.

I suspect we will end up 4 points off the top just like 07/08.

I worry slightly about the stoke game, but given that they'd have faced Citeh midweek, we should have more than enough in the locker to beat them after dismal performances there over the past two visits.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by HNIC(m): 4:33pm On Feb 22, 2010
debosky:

Nasri played possibly his best game for us all season, threatening, probing, shooting. . . if not for Craig Gordon he's have scored a brace at least.
That exquisite piece of skill in the second half will get a lot of TV replays! smiley
debosky:

All in all I still regard this as medicine after death - with two signings or a better tactical approach we might have taken something off Chelski or Utd and given ourselves a better shot at the title.

I suspect we will end up 4 points off the top just like 07/08.
I am very optimistic.
When we lost to the chavs a fortnight ago, I thought it will remain status quo until end of February.
But February isn't even gone and 3 points are being dropped all over the place.
I can't remember when a second placed team had lost 6 matches by February!
More Drama still coming.
I assure everyone
Keep the faith!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by dayokanu(m): 4:36pm On Feb 22, 2010
Who deleted the pinkshurr of edoyad and Mrcrackles?

Why delete their pictures and not their attacking posts?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by HNIC(m): 5:43pm On Feb 22, 2010
@Duduspace
Any more info on this Afobe guy?
Heard Barca was also interested.

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by dayokanu(m): 6:17pm On Feb 22, 2010
Only God knows what WenGAY has done to this boys behind
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by chic2pimp(m): 6:30pm On Feb 22, 2010
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by MrCrackles(m): 6:34pm On Feb 22, 2010
HNIC:

@Duduspace

Benik Afobe actually went over to Barca to check them out. . . .
He was invited with Chuks Aneke, Aneke declined the invitation, but Afobe went. . .
One for the future me thinks. . . Watched him play for the reserves three times
Starred for England at the recent Algarve tournament and was instrumental to England winning the competition
Raw power, lively and pacey. . . Gets about on the pitch, second top goal scorer for the reserves this season and an all round performer
He should go places with Aneke. . . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by mystikal(m): 6:41pm On Feb 22, 2010
dayokanu:

Only God knows what WenGAY has done to this boys behind

Doesnt that ever get old
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by A40(m): 6:55pm On Feb 22, 2010
HNIC:

@Duduspace

Not another Young'in undecided undecided. I am starting to wonder if all these rumors about this wigga is true whats with his endless infatuation with little boys
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by allboyz(m): 7:00pm On Feb 22, 2010
Yea!!!!. . . .Nasri needs a goal soon. . .did anyone also Notice Ramsey offensive displays and high confidence level? dude ran thru his opponents with ease. . . .im sure he will grow into a great player!

Still a gunner. . . . cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by dayokanu(m): 7:34pm On Feb 22, 2010
Not another Young'in . I am starting to wonder if all these rumors about this wigga is true whats with his endless infatuation with little boys

You sef see am? Inspite of your early morning kaikai, you still think better than most GAYYners even when sober
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by debosky(m): 7:53pm On Feb 22, 2010
A-40:

Not another Young'in undecided undecided. I am starting to wonder if all these rumors about this wigga is true whats with his endless infatuation with little boys

What do you mean 'another youngin'? So a player who has spent 10 years of his life shouldn't be progressed through the ranks? He's arsenal through and through, and from what Brash said, he has good potential so he should definitely be signed on.

What we should focus on is that Wenger should BUY the experienced talent we need while continuing to develop youth in house to supplement the buys.

@ DK

You dissed Arsenal, MrCrackles dissed you in return - that sounds fair to me.

Any undue sexualised commentary will not be permitted on this thread so please act accordingly.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by dayokanu(m): 8:04pm On Feb 22, 2010
No comments
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by duduspace(m): 8:21pm On Feb 22, 2010
MrCrackles:

Benik Afobe actually went over to Barca to check them out. . . .
He was invited with Chuks Aneke, Aneke declined the invitation, but Afobe went. . .
One for the future me thinks. . . Watched him play for the reserves three times
Starred for England at the recent Algarve tournament and was instrumental to England winning the competition
Raw power, lively and pacey. . . Gets about on the pitch, second top goal scorer for the reserves this season and an all round performer
He should go places with Aneke. . . .
Spot on Mr Crackles, Afobe looks lively and should be a good player to have around since Ris-Murphy has turned out to be injury prone and is increasingly being left behind by Welbeck and Victor Moses whom he started out with at U17 level.
Between Afobe and Freeman, we should have at least one English man good enough to make the first team add that to Wilshere, Ramsey, Gibbs, JET(who I'm sure will also make it) and Lansbury who also should make it. In the next 2 years, the English press will have to look for other means of taking pot shots at us cos their foreign player jibes will no longer be relevant even if Theo doesn't make it.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by Sauron1: 9:13pm On Feb 22, 2010
duduspace:

Spot on Mr Crackles, Afobe looks lively and should be a good player to have around since Ris-Murphy has turned out to be injury prone and is increasingly being left behind by Welbeck and Victor Moses whom he started out with at U17 level.
Between Afobe and Freeman, we should have at least one English man good enough to make the first team add that to Wilshere, Ramsey, Gibbs, JET(who I'm sure will also make it) and Lansbury who also should make it. In the next 2 years, the English press will have to look for other means of taking pot shots at us cos their foreign player jibes will no longer be relevant even if Theo doesn't make it.

Buncha witless players.
Ramsey. Wilshere, Gibbs, JET and Lansbury ARE not good enough at this level.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by duduspace(m): 11:46pm On Feb 22, 2010
~Sauron~:

[/b]

Buncha witless players.
Ramsey. Wilshere, Gibbs, JET and Lansbury ARE not good enough at this level.

Ramsey is already established himself as being capable of playing at this level, Gibbs woulda too but for his injury, if you believe Cleverly will make it then Lansbury is a sure bet to make it. I agree the jury is still out on JET and Wilshere but those 2 are either at the same level as Lansbury or even better and they are younger too. Our young players are looking good and already playing at high levels.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by Sauron1: 12:11am On Feb 23, 2010
duduspace:

Ramsey is already established himself as being capable of playing at this level, Gibbs woulda too but for his injury, if you believe Cleverly will make it then Lansbury is a sure bet to make it. I agree the jury is still out on JET and Wilshere but those 2 are either at the same level as Lansbury or even better and they are younger too. Our young players are looking good and already playing at high levels.

Aaron Ramsey is shyte.
Gibbs is double shyte(another Theo Walcott in the making)
Lansbury is half-decent but i don't see him imposing himself at the Emirates.

Jay Simpson is your only hope. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by duduspace(m): 12:36am On Feb 23, 2010
~Sauron~:

Aaron Ramsey is shyte.
Gibbs is double shyte(another Theo Walcott in the making)
Lansbury is half-decent but i don't see him imposing himself at the Emirates.

Jay Simpson is your only hope. grin
Go and tell that to Darren Fletcher grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by Sauron1: 12:39am On Feb 23, 2010
duduspace:

Go and tell that to Darren Fletcher  grin grin grin

Fletcher has achieved more than Arsene Wenger.
Ramsey will be knighted in Wales if he EVER wins the EPL. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by duduspace(m): 12:51am On Feb 23, 2010
~Sauron~:

Fletcher has achieved more than Arsene Wenger.
Ramsey will be knighted in Wales if he EVER wins the EPL. grin

Even if he has gone to heaven and come back, he doesn't have the mouth to call Ramsey shiite after what the small boy did to him.  grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100)

Chelsea Vs Southampton (1 - 3) On 3rd October 2015 / Chelsea Vs Liverpool : FA Cup (2 - 0) On 3rd March 2020 / Barcelona Vs Real Madrid : El Clasico (2 - 1) On 22nd March 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.