Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,710 members, 7,816,914 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) (62281 Views)

Poll: Should Wenger Go After Yet Another Failed Season??

Yes: 44% (13 votes)
No: 55% (16 votes)
This poll has ended

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by duduspace(m): 7:57pm On Apr 28, 2010
dayokanu:

Thats just splitting hairs

Eboue would be 23 in 2 weeks time as at the time the matches were played

In the same vein of reasoning as you, Lahm is 26, Butt is 35, Schweini 25, Olic is 30 which still lowers the average age of the bayern team below Arsenals that played the semi finals or the finals.

You said it here sometimes back that 21yrs is the threshold yet you are picking players above it any player over 21 is not a youth according to GAYYners on this thread.

The bottom line is the Bayern team that qualified for the CL finals is way younger than Arsenals

To be honest Dayo, I didn't put up the ages, you did and I do agree with you about Lahm/Schweini/Olic's ages, what then would you say about Cesc who was 18 during the SF and 19 during the Finals?
I'm not the one trying to disprove your having a youth team, you are the one claiming Arsenal don't have one. I still believe the average age of that Arsenal SF squad would be younger than that of the team Bayern put out yesterday but I also accept you have more players 21 and under in your team.
Is there a middle ground to be reached here?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by duduspace(m): 8:00pm On Apr 28, 2010
debosky:

Like v3 said, God spare us till that time - I will be here to quote your comments and hear the excuses you will make then.

Wenger will sign at most ONE player who can add anything to this team - any more signings will be more of selling the unrealisable 'future' nonsense. We've seen it before and we will see it again. Even though the one will be added, at least ONE player will leave and we will be right back where we started if not worse.

Wenger should simply shut up, do his job and talk with results - we are sick and tired of the same empty comments with no action to back it up.

Get well? If that means becoming satisfied with this mediocrity like you are then no thanks.

I state it again, anyone listening to the rubbish Wenger says is fooling himself. He will always give nice sound bites, but we will never see it in action. Judge him by his actions and don't be fooled by the same regurgitated nonsense.

To be honest, if there was some magic I could do to snap you out of this spell of disatisfaction with Arsenal I would, but its really not all doom and gloom and I really wish you could see that.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by debosky(m): 8:33pm On Apr 28, 2010
@ DK

Did you have a game thread? If you did, post the link and I'll put it on the homepage.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by dayokanu(m): 9:26pm On Apr 28, 2010
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-437220.0.html

Do we have to do this for every thread we want on front page?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by debosky(m): 9:47pm On Apr 28, 2010
Nah mate - I haven't been online much hence the absence of your thread on the homepage wink

PS - If Arsenal is to ever have a chance of winning anything, Wenger should get the tape of tonight's semi finals and learn how to defend.

This same Barcelona that seemed so unstoppable against us were completely stifled.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by Sauron1: 9:58pm On Apr 28, 2010
debosky:

Nah mate - I haven't been online much hence the absence of your thread on the homepage wink

PS - If Arsenal is to ever have a chance of winning anything, Wenger should get the tape of tonight's semi finals and learn how to defend.

This same Barcelona that seemed so unstoppable against us were completely stifled.

You will have to play 8 defenders to stifle a team like that!!!
That is not the ARSENAL way, i'm afraid.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by A40(m): 11:12pm On Apr 28, 2010
Mourinho to Wenger is like Marcello Lippi to Mutiu Adepoju of Sooting Stars and tonight's match just about proved it i personally think its a kick in the gut of our entire defence line that a Messi that scored a hat trick against us in 25 mins was pocketed by a 36year old in 180mins of football against Inter Milan the muchacho could not even manage up to 5 shots on goal over the two legs. Clearly Wenger has spent so much time balancing the books that he has become so tactically deficient that his teams can't even hold leads or advantages for a nanosecond. I only wonder for how much longer would the status quo of mediocrity continue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by slimshay(m): 8:16am On Apr 29, 2010
Different day ame ish, we still on the Wenger buy money youth experience matter ish.

Arshavin really should stop saying stuff, seriously he should. This is England there are no innocent comments. They will twist whatever to get whatever. Debo ever wondered why players seem to repeat the belief bla bla line?

@A-40 we didnt have the option that Jose had yesterday. We needed goals, in both legs.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by biolabee(m): 8:17am On Apr 29, 2010
Prepare for the invasion of the LANS this summer,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by slimshay(m): 8:26am On Apr 29, 2010
^^^^ grin grin grin grin Djourou, Gibbs, Van Persie we even fit add Fabregas grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by v3: 8:44am On Apr 29, 2010
slimshay:

^^^^ grin grin grin grin Djourou, Gibbs, Van Persie we even fit add Fabregas grin grin grin
In the words of Le Prof, those are "new signings" grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by v3: 9:03am On Apr 29, 2010
Dudu,
I pray you see the light asap or are you Wenger's love child in disguise? Why do you keep covering his blunders when you know they've cost us the league on several occasions?
Now the problems are visible enough even to the blind,why don't u acknowledge em and quit this "keep the faith" balderdash you're always on about.

You can't be sleeping when you home is on fire man, wake the eff up and see what you refuse to see.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by duduspace(m): 12:39pm On Apr 29, 2010
v3:

Dudu,
I pray you see the light asap or are you Wenger's love child in disguise? Why do you keep covering his blunders when you know they've cost us the league on several occasions?
Now the problems are visible enough even to the blind,why don't u acknowledge em and quit this "keep the faith" balderdash you're always on about.

You can't be sleeping when you home is on fire man, wake the eff up and see what you refuse to see.

That Arsene has made mistakes I will accept, but that the man has overachieved with what he has been given is plain to see if yu're not blinded to the obvious.
A quick comparison of what Mourinho achieved yesterday and what Arsene did in getting to the finals in 05/06
Just a quick analysis of the back line.

[Quote]
I’ll remind you all of the back 4 that Wenger managed to get through the knock out stages and to a CL final…

LB – Flamini (A midfielder who played at LB)

CB- Senderos (Rookie CB in his first season….we all know how good he is)

CB – Sol Campbell (World Class player at the time)

RB – Manu Eboue (Rookie RB at the time  in his first season)

Let us look at Mourinho’s back 4 that played both legs and have been playing for him this season…

Zanetti – Legendary full back and arguably the best Right back of our time

Lucio – Legendary Cenre back, World Cup winner and multiple titles

Samuel – Experienced Argentine Intl, once considered the best CB in the Wolrd in his Roma days

Maicon – Best right back in the World Today.

The players on Mourinho’s bench & squad are better than the players Wenger worked with…Chivu(CB), Materrazzi(CB), Santon(LB) & Cordoba(RB)
[/quote]

Now someone might ask me how come we don't have this players, my response then would be for such a person to consider the cost that went towards assembling such a team and to point out that team has won the Serie A for the past two seasons. When you then add Etoo and Sneijder into the mix, you have ability and experience that Arsenal cannot match (at present). Barcelona basically shot themselves in the foot exchanging Etoo for Zlatan and giving Inter awoof 44m in the process to further strenghten their squad (and that is what you get when the law of diminishing returns sets in while purchasing players just for the sake of it) .
People should learn to compare Apples with Apples and not with oranges. Our financial situation improves daily, and our squad can only get better from hereon.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by dayokanu(m): 2:12pm On Apr 29, 2010
Overachieving is 6 trophyless seasons? I guess realistic expectation for you must be relegation
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by Sauron1: 3:56pm On Apr 29, 2010
dayokanu:

Overachieving is 6 trophyless seasons? I guess realistic expectation for you must be relegation

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by A40(m): 4:20pm On Apr 29, 2010
A bad workerman like Wenger would always blame his tools

@Slimshay
Oo n pe. So what happened when we got the goal? Or didn't we score at Camp Nou did we hold the lead for even 3 minutes? Where we not 3-1 down at the half? If you see shyte abeg call it shyte! No wonder Wenger did not manage a single win against him lets face it Wenger is too tactically NAIVE

@Dayokanu
Na so we see am oh. 5 years without a trophy is over-achievement at Arsenal. Duduspace is on some Hypnotic ish

@Duduspace
When last did that same Inter backline make it past the UCL 2nd round? Even if Inter have more resources who where the stars at Porto? Jorge Costa? Costinha,Carlos Alberto,Maniche,McCarthy,Derlei? Stop excusing Wenger's mediocrity with lack of resources
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by dayokanu(m): 4:27pm On Apr 29, 2010
The total of transfer money we paid for our starting eleven in Lyon was only 40 million:

- Robben: 24 mio
- DvB: 10 mio
- MvB: 6 mio

-Butt, Altintop, Olic: free transfers

- Lahm, Badstuber, Contento, Schweinsteiger, Mueller: Bayern youth
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by duduspace(m): 4:33pm On Apr 29, 2010
dayokanu:

The total of transfer money we paid for our starting eleven in Lyon was only 40 million:
And was it only that starting 11 that played all the games yu've played this season? cos if you apply that same logic to Arsenal, then the squad that made the final of the UCL in 05/06 was less than 35m.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by duduspace(m): 4:41pm On Apr 29, 2010
A-40:

@Dayokanu
Na so we see am oh. 5 years without a trophy is over-achievement at Arsenal. Duduspace is on some Hypnotic ish
Relative to our recent history post Arsene, its a step back but in terms of spending relative to the opposition, definitely overachievement.

A-40:

@Duduspace
When last did that same Inter backline make it past the UCL 2nd round? Even if Inter have more resources who where the stars at Porto? Jorge Costa? Costinha,Carlos Alberto,Maniche,McCarthy,Derlei? Stop excusing Wenger's mediocrity with lack of resources
Have you also considered that they've added Sneijder and Etoo into the mix? All they needed to do yesterday was to not conceed 2 goals. They simply gave Barca a taste of what Arsenal face every PL game week and some writers are already talking of Barca lacking a plan B.
Anti football won yesterday and it wasn't nice to see for me personally and I never thot the day would come that I would be supporting DK's goons in the final of any competition.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by dayokanu(m): 4:59pm On Apr 29, 2010
And was it only that starting 11 that played all the games yu've played this season? cos if you apply that same logic to Arsenal, then the squad that made the final of the UCL in 05/06 was less than 35m.

Villarreal: Barbosa, Javi Venta, Pena, Quique Alvarez, Arruabarrena (Roger 82), Riquelme, Josico (Jose Mari 63), Senna, Sorin, Forlan, Franco.

Arsenal: Lehmann, Eboue, Toure, Campbell, Flamini (Clichy 9), Hleb, Fabregas, Silva, Ljungberg, Reyes (Pires 69), Henry

In that Arsenal team, Henry cost 15m Euros, Reyes cost 20million Euros, Gilberto Silva 10m Euros, Hleb 15million Euros, These 4 alone cost more than 60m Euros

Lehmann, Eboue, Toure, Flamini, fabregas and Ljunberg I cant get the figure for their transfer fee

So go figure
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by dayokanu(m): 5:01pm On Apr 29, 2010
I never thot the day would come that I would be supporting DK's goons in the final of any competition.

The same support that is going 5 seasons trophyless? Abeg i would pass on that BADLUCK support.

Abeg, How much can i pay you to start supporting Inter Milan? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by Sauron1: 5:06pm On Apr 29, 2010
dayokanu:

Lehmann, Eboue, Toure, Flamini, fabregas and Ljunberg I cant get the figure for their transfer fee

So go figure

Lehmann(£2m), Eboue(£1m), Flamini(£1m), Fabregas(£0m), Ljunberg(£3m)
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by A40(m): 5:13pm On Apr 29, 2010
@Duduspace
Spending does not guarantee nada! E.g Madrid and we also saw Barca foolishly pay 44mil and give away a gem like Eto'o. Spending wisely is the key but that doesn't mean you shouldn't spend at all. 5 years trophyless, 3 years without a Final appearance is FAILURE!! For a club like Arsenal it don't matter if we spent just one cowrie

How much did they pay for Sneijder and Eto'o? Both players actually added 31million Euros to Inter's accounts. Anti-football ma pitch-black arse! They played to their strengths and did what they had to do to win even with a man down or did you expect them to make the same mistake Wenger and co. made and get annhilated? Besides didn't they handle the bidness at San Siro? Maybe if Barca had played that 'Anti football' they wouldn't have needed two goals to go through yesterday. I doubt UEFA would scribble 'Anti football experts' on the UCL trophy if they win it. Better go and advice Wenger to be at his voyeuristic best so he can watch and observe how to win crunch games
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by dayokanu(m): 5:17pm On Apr 29, 2010
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Pls GAYYNERS for the CL finals. I take God Beg you support Inter Milan. Abeg.

God wont spoil your hardwork. After all Bayerns hardwork to the finals for you to now bring una badluck come.

No be fight, Na beg I dey beg.

Where is the team y'all have been supporting for the past 6 seasons
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by yousouph(m): 5:25pm On Apr 29, 2010
A good coach will not wait for 5 years to change his strageties of winning a trophy. Arsenal is not Wigan for GOD sake. Same stories every season
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by duduspace(m): 6:29pm On Apr 29, 2010
dayokanu:

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Pls GAYYNERS for the CL finals. I take God Beg you support Inter Milan. Abeg.

God wont spoil your hardwork. After all Bayerns hardwork to the finals for you to now bring una badluck come.

No be fight, Na beg I dey beg.

Where is the team y'all have been supporting for the past 6 seasons

You better be careful this man, your noise don dey too much o grin grin grin, and na only me dey support Bayern for the final, I didn't claim to speak for all Arsenal fans. Just that Jose is too arrogant for my liking but if him win am sha, good luck to am only say we no go hear word again.
This season self end one kain, I'm now supporting Chelsea to win the PL because of Sauron and Manure while supporting Bayern to win the UCL because I can't stand Mourinho, what a dismal end to the season.
We must win something next season, let the transfers begin.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by dayokanu(m): 6:36pm On Apr 29, 2010
The lack of money you used as an excuse for Arsenals failure has been blown out by Lvan Gaal

As the players on the field cost us 40m, While the ones who qualified Arsenal for the CL final in 2006 wre bought for an amount in excess of 70m, that was 4 year ago
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by chic2pimp(m): 6:42pm On Apr 29, 2010
duduspace:

You better be careful this man, your noise don dey too much o grin grin grin, and na only me dey support Bayern for the final, I didn't claim to speak for all Arsenal fans. Just that Jose is too arrogant for my liking but if him win am sha, good luck to am only say we no go hear word again.
This season self end one kain, I'm now supporting Chelsea to win the PL because of Sauron and Manure while supporting Bayern to win the UCL because I can't stand Mourinho, what a dismal end to the season.
We must win something next season, let the transfers begin.
Delusion Kicks In Again grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by dayokanu(m): 6:52pm On Apr 29, 2010
Something= Emirates cup
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by chamotex(m): 6:55pm On Apr 29, 2010
DUDU, when are you going to quit writing all these epistles?
No one cares about any financial shitzos or whatever, win a blodclart trophy and thats all.
You can write a report from now till the end of Nairaland, that wont change NADA.
If Wenger doesn't do something drastic soon, I cant see how y'all will WIN anything next season.

Eff the financial status, youth policy and all other shenanigans, HISTORY dont give a toss about all that bollocks . . .
What HISTORY is telling us is that ARSENAL have been trophyless for the last 5 seasons . . . FACT!!!

Money or no money is not that relevant . . . . The money Real Madrid spent this season still might not guarantee them a trophy this year.
And look at how they crashed out of the SECOND ROUND of the CL like a tenant caught hammering the Landlord's wife by the LANDLORD.

What I'm saying is, your financial situation doesn't guarantee you success.
WIN a bloody Trophy FFS and stop all your essay writings cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by dayokanu(m): 7:01pm On Apr 29, 2010
WIN a bloody Trophy FFS and stop all your essay writings

Like Olu Maintain " Awon kan waiye wa sise, Awon kan waye wa win trophy, Awon kan waiye wa ko essay"

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100)

3 Clubs That Could Stop Liverpool From Defending The Champions League / Chelsea Vs Southampton (1 - 3) On 3rd October 2015 / Barcelona Vs Real Madrid : El Clasico (2 - 1) On 22nd March 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.