Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,949 members, 7,828,337 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

There Are Only Two Suspended Lakes In The World, Ado-awaye Suspended Lake Is One - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / There Are Only Two Suspended Lakes In The World, Ado-awaye Suspended Lake Is One (17438 Views)

Ado Awaye, Oyo: The Only Suspended Lake In Africa (Pictures, Video) / ThePhotoblogger's Amazing Documentary Of Ado Awaye, Oyo State / A Nairalander Visits Ado Awaye Suspended Lake In Oyo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Are Only Two Suspended Lakes In The World, Ado-awaye Suspended Lake Is One by oladeebo: 5:19am On Aug 25, 2017
more:

Re: There Are Only Two Suspended Lakes In The World, Ado-awaye Suspended Lake Is One by oladeebo: 5:22am On Aug 25, 2017
more photo

Re: There Are Only Two Suspended Lakes In The World, Ado-awaye Suspended Lake Is One by oladeebo: 5:24am On Aug 25, 2017
see

Re: There Are Only Two Suspended Lakes In The World, Ado-awaye Suspended Lake Is One by oladeebo: 5:27am On Aug 25, 2017
Ado awaye suspended Lake

Re: There Are Only Two Suspended Lakes In The World, Ado-awaye Suspended Lake Is One by oladeebo: 5:31am On Aug 25, 2017
The Elephant Tree

This was another attraction at the top of the mountain, a little distance from the Iyake lake. The “elephant” tree is a tree that fell and somehow its truck got mangled in such a way that it resembles an elephant trunk at first glance. It is really difficult to describe, but a delight to see nonetheless! I was dared by one of the tour guides to climb to the top of the elephant head and I gamely took him up on the challenge to his surprise!

Re: There Are Only Two Suspended Lakes In The World, Ado-awaye Suspended Lake Is One by oladeebo: 5:39am On Aug 25, 2017
Ishage Rock.

The first landmark we got to was the Ishage rock, a giant boulder that appears to be free-standing without support. According to legend, this rock had never fallen off the steep side of the mountain where it rests. Many people believe the Ishage to have spiritual powers and many worship at the foot of the rock. Our guide also mentions that people with certain wishes will send a white cloth to be tied around the rock after which their wishes are granted.

Re: There Are Only Two Suspended Lakes In The World, Ado-awaye Suspended Lake Is One by oladeebo: 5:41am On Aug 25, 2017
Overall, the trip was amazing!!! What do you think? Share your thoughts and comments with me

Re: There Are Only Two Suspended Lakes In The World, Ado-awaye Suspended Lake Is One by decomaniaboss(f): 11:40am On Aug 25, 2017
oladeebo:

Not at all.
your personal Cameroonian view can't satisfy the world!
you were in Lagos and you can take a visit to Ado Awaye and confirm the existence of the second suspended Lake of the whole world!
i'm in lagos,and i was in cameroon in 2008 when i visit the lake myself with some tourists friends from belguim...and am not cameroonian am nigerian unfortunately,but i do know alot of place site in cameroon cos i grew up there due to the fact that dad had business there ..and believe it or not the lakes are there and there is nothing u or google can do about it ...know for ur little knowledge abt the amazing places in the world that aren't known by ur little brain and google this is a fact!! Kill yourself if u ain't okay with it ...

Re: There Are Only Two Suspended Lakes In The World, Ado-awaye Suspended Lake Is One by moninuola65: 12:36pm On Aug 25, 2017
decomaniaboss:
i'm in lagos,and i was in cameroon in 2008 when i visit the lake myself with some tourists friends from belguim...and am not cameroonian am nigerian unfortunately,but i do know alot of place site in cameroon cos i grew up there due to the fact that dad had business there ..and believe it or not the lakes are there and there is nothing u or google can do about it ...know for ur little knowledge abt the amazing places in the world that aren't known by ur little brain and google this is a fact!! Kill yourself if u ain't okay with it ...
sorry, it's now that I know the type of woman being am debating with.
sorry,
go for your fellow!
Re: There Are Only Two Suspended Lakes In The World, Ado-awaye Suspended Lake Is One by Ladycas: 10:30pm On Apr 05, 2019
decomaniaboss:
this bellow is one and is none of the 2 that was mention on the tread....are u blind ? Becos google doesn't know something doesn't mean it doesn't exist ...don't let me call u a dummy
From that picture, that water body is not a lake. It's flowing. A lake is a stagnant body of water. It might just be called a lake for the sake of convenience

1 Like

Re: There Are Only Two Suspended Lakes In The World, Ado-awaye Suspended Lake Is One by illicit(m): 1:00am On Mar 18, 2022
Suspended lake is not hanging lake

(1) (2) (Reply)

Air Peace Suspends Dubai Flights Over Visa Ban On Nigerians / Commuters Groan Over Gridlock On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway As Construction Resumes / Air Peace To Evacuate Nigerians From China Today Over COVID-19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.