Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,184 members, 7,818,594 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

Nigerian Sisters Develop Sunscreen For Black People - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Nigerian Sisters Develop Sunscreen For Black People (606 Views)

Mass Production of Skimpy Clothes: Sisters How Have You Been Coping? / Haircut Styles For Black Men / Good Sunscreen Suggestion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Sisters Develop Sunscreen For Black People by kaakaa1(m): 1:56am On Aug 22, 2017
It's nice to know our melanin might be on fleek and popping and all that jazz, but that doesn’t mean that we are exempt from skin cancer, we still need protection from the sun.
Sisters, Chinelo Chidozie and Ndidi Obidoa who grew up in West Africa, Nigeria, are the brains behind Bolden, a sunblock for darker skin tones, set to launch soon.

They tell Okay Africa that Bolden was created to help expand the beauty options available to women of color, and support communities that produce shea nuts in Burkina Faso.
Contrary to popular belief, black people do need sunscreen, as a matter of fact, every time I’m in a really hot place, the skin around my nose and forehead begins to peel. Unfortunately for us, the sunscreen options available leave a white later on our skin when applied and this makes many black people refrain from using sunscreen.
Even though black people are at a less risk of getting skin cancer, they have significantly higher death rates because the diagnosis is not made till it’s in its later stages.
There’s an issue with education around sunscreen in the black community. Even though skin cancer doesn’t affect people of color as much as it affects people with white skin, that makes it more dangerous because it’s often not caught until it’s in an advanced stage – said the sisters.
The formula for their brightening moisturizer sunscreen has Vitamin C and SPF 30, and dries clear on the skin. The product is set to be rolled out in the coming months.

tjskii, kandiikane

Re: Nigerian Sisters Develop Sunscreen For Black People by Nobody: 1:58am On Aug 22, 2017
Blacks don't really need sunscreen

(1) (Reply)

CRAZY!!! Caption This Hairstyle, I Lost My Description Skill / Most Affordable Events Centre In Lagos With Tremendous Amenities / Wholesale And Retail Affordable Ladies Clothing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.