Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,951 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

Why Is This Oil Labelled Full Synthetic. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Is This Oil Labelled Full Synthetic. (6628 Views)

America 5litre Castrol Edge 0w20 Advanced Full Synthetic Engine Oil @#23,500 / What Should I Do About This Oil Warning / Is Total Quartz 9000 5w40 Full Synthetic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is This Oil Labelled Full Synthetic. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:56am On Aug 22, 2017
Why is this brand of oil labelled full synthetic, and the other not labelled as such.

Re: Why Is This Oil Labelled Full Synthetic. by Antonblack(m): 10:56am On Aug 22, 2017
because it is not made from crude oil products that lubricant gotten from crdue it is made from synthesized plants it usually called bio lubricant u can Google it for further clarity tho but I know any lubricant that is synthesized ain't from crude oil
Re: Why Is This Oil Labelled Full Synthetic. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:58am On Aug 22, 2017
Antonblack:
because it is not made from crude oil products that lubricant gotten from crdue it is made from synthesized plants it usually called bio lubricant u can Google it for further clarity tho but I know any lubricant that is synthesized ain't from crude oil

sir are you saying this oil is not synthetic?

Re: Why Is This Oil Labelled Full Synthetic. by SmartchoicesNG: 10:59am On Aug 22, 2017
sad I don't know. But this one is full synthetic and affordable

2 Likes

Re: Why Is This Oil Labelled Full Synthetic. by mayor2013: 11:00am On Aug 22, 2017
Have they started labelling it sƴnteticọ̀ cheesy
Re: Why Is This Oil Labelled Full Synthetic. by Antonblack(m): 11:07am On Aug 22, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

sir are you saying this oil is not synthetic?

it is usually stated in the label if it is synthetic it will be clearly stated on the label of the oil if there is no mention of synthetic on the label then it is a mineral oil lubricant gotten from crude oil
Re: Why Is This Oil Labelled Full Synthetic. by rildwanullahi(m): 11:17am On Aug 22, 2017
What is the difference between synthetic and non synthetic, and possibly the advantages
Re: Why Is This Oil Labelled Full Synthetic. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:20am On Aug 22, 2017
mayor2013:
Have they started labelling it sƴnteticọ̀ cheesy

county of origin.
Re: Why Is This Oil Labelled Full Synthetic. by princetom1(m): 11:24am On Aug 22, 2017
Time to learn
Re: Why Is This Oil Labelled Full Synthetic. by awiriwa: 11:52am On Aug 22, 2017
Let's not get carried away by labels. Let's focus on performance. One this Toyota Oil is at par with Mobil-1 in the performance. Any Toyota owner here can testify about the peculiar coolness it brings to their engines. Use the mobil-1 in your Toyota and notice the very high and uncomfortable rev it initially produces. This occurs everytime you start the car.
Use the Toyota Oil, the car engine becomes silent. No initial high rev at startup. Very distinct from the mobil-1. There is something special about the Toyota Oil. I'm pretty sure that's why the contents and nature are not publicly displayed

Another pointer is the pricing. This thing is priced at between 3 - 3,500 per Litre and 4,500 per Litre for the 0w20. That is clearly not mineral oil pricing
Re: Why Is This Oil Labelled Full Synthetic. by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:01pm On Aug 22, 2017
awiriwa:
Let's not get carried away by labels. Let's focus on performance. One this Toyota Oil is at par with Mobil-1 in the performance. Any Toyota owner here can testify about the peculiar coolness it brings to their engines. Use the mobil-1 in your Toyota and notice the very high and uncomfortable rev it initially produces. This occurs everytime you start the car.
Use the Toyota Oil, the car engine becomes silent. No initial high rev at startup. Very distinct from the mobil-1. There is something special about the Toyota Oil. I'm pretty sure that's why the contents and nature are not publicly displayed

why did toyota labell this www.nairaland.com/attachments/5851925_img20170817144924_jpegb4fd8a2f68949da5d13806dbd1634242

synthetic?

Re: Why Is This Oil Labelled Full Synthetic. by awiriwa: 12:16pm On Aug 22, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

why did toyota labell this www.nairaland.com/attachments/5851925_img20170817144924_jpegb4fd8a2f68949da5d13806dbd1634242

synthetic?

Great Question.... Unfortunately you're posting it on the wrong forum grin. If you don't have any sinister motive, then send the question(s) to or via:

https://www.toyota.com/support/contact-us

I am sure all your questions about Toyota and the oils can be provided there grin
Re: Why Is This Oil Labelled Full Synthetic. by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:23pm On Aug 22, 2017
awiriwa:

Great Question.... Unfortunately you're posting it on the wrong forum grin. If you don't have any sinister motive, then send the question(s) to or via:

https://www.toyota.com/support/contact-us

I am sure all your questions about Toyota and the oils can be provided there grin

why is this cheaper than the toyota oil branded synthetic?

Re: Why Is This Oil Labelled Full Synthetic. by awiriwa: 12:41pm On Aug 22, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

why is this cheaper than the toyota oil branded synthetic?

Let me try....as newer models are developed, Toyota/Lexus finds innovative way to redesign engines with a lot more tolerance for performance and fuel economy. The oils that power such engines are also subject to slight or extensive modifications from the previously available ones. Notice that 0w20 spec is used almost exclusively by the very latest models. There is a correlation between greater fuel efficiency and cost of the oil. Better still, go ask Toyota grin

You are a very sharp dude, I am convinced this information is known to you. The question is, why pose such questions that you already know the answer to? grin

4 Likes

Re: Why Is This Oil Labelled Full Synthetic. by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:44pm On Aug 22, 2017
awiriwa:

Let me try....as newer models are developed, Toyota/Lexus finds innovative way to redesign engines with a lot more tolerance for performance and fuel economy. The oils that power such engines are also subject to slight or extensive modifications from the previously available ones. Notice that 0w20 spec is used almost exclusively by the very latest models. There is a correlation between greater fuel efficiency and cost of the oil. Better still, go ask Toyota grin

You are a very sharp dude, I am convinced this information is known to you. The question is, why pose such questions that you already know the answer to? grin

so its possible this is not synthetic. and is mineral oil but built to toyota specifications.

1 Like

Re: Why Is This Oil Labelled Full Synthetic. by awiriwa: 1:07pm On Aug 22, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

so its possible this is not synthetic. and is mineral oil but built to toyota specifications.

What is possible here is you trying to downgrade and pigeon hole the Toyota Motor Oil, so I guess you can sell the stock of Mobil-1 and the not so great Castrol Oil that you have grin. Don't forget Mobil-1 makes the Toyota Oil too. They are very good oils

Pose your questions to Toyota or make a categorical statement grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Is This Oil Labelled Full Synthetic. by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:19pm On Aug 22, 2017
awiriwa:

What is possible here is you trying to downgrade and pigeon hole the Toyota Motor Oil, so I guess you can sell the stock of Mobil-1 and the not so great Castrol Oil that you have grin. Don't forget Mobil-1 makes the Toyota Oil too. They are very good oils

Pose your questions to Toyota or make a categorical statement grin

why so defensive? do you sell toyota oils? wink

we are trying to learn here. and you are the only one responding.

next question. If this oil is mineral, is it safe to run 5000 miles? (7500km)

Re: Why Is This Oil Labelled Full Synthetic. by autotrader2: 1:20pm On Aug 22, 2017
Ah ah. How can you people be discussing Toyota Oil and I didn't get an invite angry .

Genuine OEM Toyota Motor Oil Available at unbeatable prices.

US Spec Toyota Motor Oil 5w20 and 5w30 in 1 Quart plastic packs comes 12 per carton.
Use the recommended engine oil to avoid sludge and engine knock due to blockage of your engine oil strainer. Watch how your engine starts performing like brand new straight from the factory when you use this OEM oil. This is the Genuine US Spec Oil

Available for Wholesale and Retail Purchases

Call or text 09086679585 to enquire and place orders Now

FREE Nationwide Shipping Available

Re: Why Is This Oil Labelled Full Synthetic. by mayor2013: 1:25pm On Aug 22, 2017
autotrader2:
Ah ah. How can you people be discussing Toyota Oil and I didn't get an invite angry .

Genuine OEM Toyota Motor Oil Available at unbeatable prices.

US Spec Toyota Motor Oil 5w20 and 5w30 in 1 Quart plastic packs comes 12 per carton.
Use the recommended engine oil to avoid sludge and engine knock due to blockage of your engine oil strainer. Watch how your engine starts performing like brand new straight from the factory when you use this OEM oil. This is the Genuine US Spec Oil

Available for Wholesale and Retail Purchases

Call or text 09086679585 to enquire and place orders Now

FREE Nationwide Shipping Available

I expect a better response to this since you sell this oil.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is This Oil Labelled Full Synthetic. by autotrader2: 1:37pm On Aug 22, 2017
mayor2013:

I expect a better response to this since you sell this oil.

Hmmm. The makers of Toyota Motor Oil have never said the oil is mineral oil so why should I have more information than them. Users including me, have used the Oil in our cars for way more than 5,000 miles before oil changes. This oil is a premium brand and I believe you all know and agree Toyota is a wonderful and dependable brand. When they explicitly say use this oil in our engines, you know damn right they know what they're saying.

This a an online platform, don't misinform or mislead the users here. If there is anything wrong about the oil, give us facts and examples. Don't try to categorize or say stuff you have no data to back up.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is This Oil Labelled Full Synthetic. by autotrader2: 1:42pm On Aug 22, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

why so defensive? do you sell toyota oils? wink

we are trying to learn here. and you are the only one responding.

next question. If this oil is mineral, is it safe to run 5000 miles? (7500km)

Chief Gazzuz, hope you don't mind me replying this grin

When you were selling the same Toyota Oil, was it safe then to run it for 5,000miles (7,500km)? grin

4 Likes

Re: Why Is This Oil Labelled Full Synthetic. by thebigkendo(m): 2:27pm On Aug 22, 2017
Re: Why Is This Oil Labelled Full Synthetic. by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:40pm On Aug 22, 2017
autotrader2:

Chief Gazzuz, hope you don't mind me replying this grin

When you were selling the same Toyota Oil, was it safe then to run it for 5,000miles (7,500km)? grin

this is cartalk, and we are discussing this particular motor oil. this thread is not about the oils I sell or oils you sell, its about the product.

Meanwhile I only stopped selling this product after I realised performance issues.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is This Oil Labelled Full Synthetic. by Nobody: 2:47pm On Aug 22, 2017
If it's not labelled synthetic then it's not synthetic. My opinion though.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is This Oil Labelled Full Synthetic. by timifakay(m): 2:48pm On Aug 22, 2017
The engineers at Toyota know the difference but are not ready to state it on the respective labels for reasons best known to them (trade secret).

3 Likes

Re: Why Is This Oil Labelled Full Synthetic. by Nobody: 2:48pm On Aug 22, 2017
Antonblack:

Make I just dey one corner dey observe. U r explaining this to the Oracle himself.
Re: Why Is This Oil Labelled Full Synthetic. by cjeriia: 2:56pm On Aug 22, 2017
SmartchoicesNG:
Price...
Re: Why Is This Oil Labelled Full Synthetic. by diportivo: 3:05pm On Aug 22, 2017
autotrader2:

Hmmm. The makers of Toyota Motor Oil have never said the oil is mineral oil so why should I have more information than them. Users including me, have used the Oil in our cars for way more than 5,000 miles before oil changes. This oil is a premium brand and I believe you all know and agree Toyota is a wonderful and dependable brand. When they explicitly say use this oil in our engines, you know damn right they know what they're saying.

This a an online platform, don't misinform or mislead the users here. If there is anything wrong about the oil, give us facts and examples. Don't try to categorize or say stuff you have no data to back up

the opening statement asks why the label is different on two separate cans...if u knw, tell us

instead,u are talking about misinformation and misleading

point out the misinformation in what has been written and where he has categorically said something is wrong so that u asking for facts can be justified undecided

the only thing i see wrong here is that similar cans have different labels denoting different sorts of oil

which fact dyu need again when its boldly pictured herein

7 Likes

Re: Why Is This Oil Labelled Full Synthetic. by diportivo: 3:06pm On Aug 22, 2017
SmartchoicesNG:

guy

na u be distributor

1 Like

Re: Why Is This Oil Labelled Full Synthetic. by autotrader2: 3:07pm On Aug 22, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

this is cartalk, and we are discussing this particular motor oil. this thread is not about the oils I sell or oils you sell, its about the product.

Meanwhile I only stopped selling this product after I realised performance issues.

I'm tempted to believe you, but really struggling with that. I remember you have made this same argument in the past, but then the reason was you stopped selling it because Toyota did not explicitly "say what is in the oil" ! Now the story has changed to "performance issues" grin . Which story should we run with?

Fact is this, there are no performance issues with the Genuine Toyota Motor Oil. Infact, users experience improved engine performance when they use it. That is the incontrovertible fact

1 Like

Re: Why Is This Oil Labelled Full Synthetic. by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:11pm On Aug 22, 2017
autotrader2:

I'm tempted to believe you, but really struggling with that. I remember you have made this same argument in the past, but then the reason was you stopped selling it because Toyota did not explicitly "say what is in the oil" ! Now the story has changed to "performance issues" grin . Which story should we run with?

Fact is this, there are no performance issues with the Genuine Toyota Motor Oil. Infact, users experience improved engine performance when they use it. That is the incontrovertible fact

I poured it in the engine of a Nairalander, who is also a moderator in 1 section and when vehicle was due for oil change it was short by almost 3liters.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is This Oil Labelled Full Synthetic. by mayor2013: 3:16pm On Aug 22, 2017
Sinteticọ̀ grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Overheating While Ac Is On – What To Do / Rx330 Urgent Reviews Needed / What Are The Issues With Nissan X-trail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.