Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,464 members, 7,812,418 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:05 PM

Rx330 Urgent Reviews Needed - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Rx330 Urgent Reviews Needed (6622 Views)

Between An Hyundai Ix35 And Lexus Rx330. Which Is Better Option / Help! Lexus Rx330 Trasmission Suddenly Malfuctioned After Shaft Replacement. / Check Out My Modified 05 RX330 On 22inch Wheels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rx330 Urgent Reviews Needed by jidowu84: 8:36am On Jan 31, 2015
pls help! i need to know d flaws (dos n donts)of dis car before i dable into getting it. its a very tempting car. pls if u use dis car, help me with tips
Re: Rx330 Urgent Reviews Needed by Nobody: 8:48am On Jan 31, 2015
jidowu84:
pls help! i need to know d flaws (dos n donts)of dis car before i dable into getting it. its a very tempting car. pls if u use dis car, help me with tips

www.nairaland.com/1487612/club-lexus
Re: Rx330 Urgent Reviews Needed by AutosBay(m): 3:04pm On Jan 31, 2015
It's a nice vehicle, the only issue is just the throttle, stepping on it just takes a second before the engine responds I don't see that as an issue, but overall you are on the right choice brother!
Re: Rx330 Urgent Reviews Needed by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jan 31, 2015
AutosBay:
It's a nice vehicle, the only issue is just the throttle, stepping on it just takes a second before the engine responds I don't see that as an issue, but overall you are on the right choice brother!

Fallacy.
Re: Rx330 Urgent Reviews Needed by sultaan(m): 1:01am On Feb 01, 2015
AutosBay:

Electronic throttle
Re: Rx330 Urgent Reviews Needed by nurey(m): 11:37am On Feb 01, 2015
Mr lomomike has been using his for more than a year now, if he didn't say don't buy it, then its a good to go choice, just follow the link he shared to know its required maintenance.

1 Like

Re: Rx330 Urgent Reviews Needed by jidowu84: 6:39am On Feb 04, 2015
thanks all. let me check out d link.
Re: Rx330 Urgent Reviews Needed by Nobody: 9:11am On Feb 04, 2015
jidowu84:
thanks all. let me check out d link.

You had better done that. Meanwhile, lemme start my honest unbiased review of the RX330 AWD 05 model here. Read through to get relevant info.

Since you're picking your first car, try with something easy and nice, Lexus RX330 covers all the basics. It comes with a 3MZ-FE 3.3L V6 with 230 hp which runs frm 0-60mph in 7.6 seconds and its mated to a 5speed auto gear some have auto with sports shift mode (like you're shifting manual but now its without a clutch) which is more than enough to make you smile if acceleration is your joy. It either comes with FWD or AWD. The AWD has rear differential connected to a propeller shaft so all wheels are permanently spinning with power. Now when you've considered all these set ups for engine and gear and transfer, what's its fuel consumption? 18mpg city and 24mpg highway.
Let's step inside. It has a lovely interior. Mine is a charcoal black interior plus aluminum and chrome trims plus deep reddish brown bird eyes mapple wood. Some are beige or brown or cream leather seats and some are fabric cloth seats (JDM toyota Harrier RX330). They usually comes with genuine leather (not Vinyl surface in highlander which people think is leather) Are the seats comfortable? Yes the are very supportive and comfortable. It has 10way power movement for driver seat with 2 seat memory systems (meaning you can save your seat position and another persons seat position and recall that position at the push of a button). Front passenger seat is 8way power movement, while rear seat can slide front or backwards. The back seats are spacious and comfortable too.
The Lexus RX330 is a 5seater CUV (Crossover Utility Vehicle, a vehicle that looks like an SUV but can't do serious offroading. They have a better road performance and comfort), the wood trims are genuine woods. And it goes around all the door cards, steering wheel, gear stick handle, centre console and rear armrest cupholder. The centre console can slide front or backwards and have rear seat AC vent installed for the rear passenger.
On the dashboard, it have 3 deeply recessed pods which houses the gauges and indicator lights. They made it deep because its meant to be seen by the driver only plus it also adds aesthetics and 'sportlikeness' to the interior feel. The instrument cluster gauges are illuminated with white backlights which is very clear and gives a very appealing look.
Some have only a 1CD, AM, FM, MW, TAPE with RDS, TEXT, and ASL (automatic speaker volume Level to cancel road noise) sound system. Some RX330 have no Navigation system, no rear seat entertainment system. Some RX330 have a voice activated Navigator system which doesn't have Nigerian or even African Map but it have climate control (AC, heater, Fan etc bluetooth telephony, telephone directory and car phone book where you store all your contacts plus your call logs, calendar, dealership contact, service schedule & timer, Mark Levinson's 6CD changer, AM, FM, MW, TAPE with RDS, TEXT, and ASL (Automatic Sound Leveler which tunes the speaker volume automatically to cancel road noise) with 12 speakers with bass, and rear seat entertainment system dvd player, navigator screen, am, fm, audio CD plus screen on the roof for rear passengers those lexus with Navigator have reverse camera (pls don't rely on that Reverse Camera because e dey confuse eyes o! unless you wan reverse and hear 'gbosa' before stopping) mine have that system which I like and I call it 'efizzy'.
It also have a power botton boot open/close. At a push of a button on the dashboard or on the remote control, the boot opens or closes. Another lazy man's efizzy.
The boot is big and have some good storage areas. The materials used in the interior is high quality, you don't feel vibration, its silent only road tyre noise that squeam lightly and 'you feel cocooned like you're in a fighter bomber.' Just copied that from Jeremy Clarkson my auto mentor.
Oh I forget, some have illuminated interior door handles, front passenger and driver footwell, and illuminated scuff plates with 'LEXUS' illuminated in orange abi na amber colour.
Some lexus Rx330 have Halogen lamps, some have HID lamps (white lights). Those with HID lights have Adaptive Front-lighting System (AFS) a system which the projector HID lamp system steers in the direction of the car as long as the SUV is running above 30km/h.

12 Likes

Re: Rx330 Urgent Reviews Needed by megaphantom(m): 12:28am On Sep 29, 2016

You had better done that. Meanwhile, lemme start my honest unbiased review of the RX330 AWD 05 model here. Read through to get relevant info.

Since you're picking your first car, try with something easy and nice, Lexus RX330 covers all the basics. It comes with a 3MZ-FE 3.3L V6 with 230 hp which runs frm 0-60mph in 7.6 seconds and its mated to a 5speed auto gear some have auto with sports shift mode (like you're shifting manual but now its without a clutch) which is more than enough to make you smile if acceleration is your joy. It either comes with FWD or AWD. The AWD has rear differential connected to a propeller shaft so all wheels are permanently spinning with power. Now when you've considered all these set ups for engine and gear and transfer, what's its fuel consumption? 18mpg city and 24mpg highway.
Let's step inside. It has a lovely interior. Mine is a charcoal black interior plus aluminum and chrome trims plus deep reddish brown bird eyes mapple wood. Some are beige or brown or cream leather seats and some are fabric cloth seats (JDM toyota Harrier RX330). They usually comes with genuine leather (not Vinyl surface in highlander which people think is leather) Are the seats comfortable? Yes the are very supportive and comfortable. It has 10way power movement for driver seat with 2 seat memory systems (meaning you can save your seat position and another persons seat position and recall that position at the push of a button). Front passenger seat is 8way power movement, while rear seat can slide front or backwards. The back seats are spacious and comfortable too.
The Lexus RX330 is a 5seater CUV (Crossover Utility Vehicle, a vehicle that looks like an SUV but can't do serious offroading. They have a better road performance and comfort), the wood trims are genuine woods. And it goes around all the door cards, steering wheel, gear stick handle, centre console and rear armrest cupholder. The centre console can slide front or backwards and have rear seat AC vent installed for the rear passenger.
On the dashboard, it have 3 deeply recessed pods which houses the gauges and indicator lights. They made it deep because its meant to be seen by the driver only plus it also adds aesthetics and 'sportlikeness' to the interior feel. The instrument cluster gauges are illuminated with white backlights which is very clear and gives a very appealing look.
Some have only a 1CD, AM, FM, MW, TAPE with RDS, TEXT, and ASL (automatic speaker volume Level to cancel road noise) sound system. Some RX330 have no Navigation system, no rear seat entertainment system. Some RX330 have a voice activated Navigator system which doesn't have Nigerian or even African Map but it have climate control (AC, heater, Fan etc bluetooth telephony, telephone directory and car phone book where you store all your contacts plus your call logs, calendar, dealership contact, service schedule & timer, Mark Levinson's 6CD changer, AM, FM, MW, TAPE with RDS, TEXT, and ASL (Automatic Sound Leveler which tunes the speaker volume automatically to cancel road noise) with 12 speakers with bass, and rear seat entertainment system dvd player, navigator screen, am, fm, audio CD plus screen on the roof for rear passengers those lexus with Navigator have reverse camera (pls don't rely on that Reverse Camera because e dey confuse eyes o! unless you wan reverse and hear 'gbosa' before stopping) mine have that system which I like and I call it 'efizzy'.
It also have a power botton boot open/close. At a push of a button on the dashboard or on the remote control, the boot opens or closes. Another lazy man's efizzy.
The boot is big and have some good storage areas. The materials used in the interior is high quality, you don't feel vibration, its silent only road tyre noise that squeam lightly and 'you feel cocooned like you're in a fighter bomber.' Just copied that from Jeremy Clarkson my auto mentor.
Oh I forget, some have illuminated interior door handles, front passenger and driver footwell, and illuminated scuff plates with 'LEXUS' illuminated in orange abi na amber colour.
Some lexus Rx330 have Halogen lamps, some have HID lamps (white lights). Those with HID lights have Adaptive Front-lighting System (AFS) a system which the projector HID lamp system steers in the direction of the car as long as the SUV is running above 30km/h.
wow.... U jus killd ds review.. . Kudos

2 Likes

Re: Rx330 Urgent Reviews Needed by kingreign(m): 5:44pm On Sep 29, 2016
megaphantom:
wow.... U jus killd ds review.. . Kudos
thanks for the commendation you gave to my review smiley
Re: Rx330 Urgent Reviews Needed by Fingalin: 10:12pm On Apr 07, 2020

Oga you really love this your car Sha. Nice write up though you didn't mention the head lamp washer which is super cool too.
Re: Rx330 Urgent Reviews Needed by KINGreignn: 3:33pm On Apr 08, 2020
Fingalin:

Oga you really love this your car Sha. Nice write up though you didn't mention the head lamp washer which is super cool too.

It's true. I'm currently selling mine.
After these years of writing the reviews.

https://www.nairaland.com/5755222/fairly-used-lexus-rx330-2005
Re: Rx330 Urgent Reviews Needed by GamingGirl(f): 1:38pm On May 09, 2023
Please why did you sell your RX 330? Please give me an honest answer. It will go a long way to guiding my decision making whether to get it or another vehicle. Thank you.
KINGreignn:

It's true. I'm currently selling mine.
After these years of writing the reviews.

https://www.nairaland.com/5755222/fairly-used-lexus-rx330-2005
Re: Rx330 Urgent Reviews Needed by kingreign(m): 4:51pm On May 09, 2023
GamingGirl:
Please why did you sell your RX 330? Please give me an honest answer. It will go a long way to guiding my decision making whether to get it or another vehicle. Thank you.

I sold it after 6.5years of very satisfied usage with no issue at all. Not a single issue. I was just bored and needed to try other brands of cars.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Need Advice Pls: Between Volkswagen Sharan And Ford Galaxy For Commercial Biz / What Are The Issues With Nissan X-trail / Program Your Ecu ( Brainbox ) Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.