Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,648 members, 7,813,180 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:15 AM

It Seems I Have Been Defrauded By An Immigration Officer - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / It Seems I Have Been Defrauded By An Immigration Officer (1431 Views)

I Was Defrauded By Canada-Based Nigerian, Not His Accomplice — Lawyer / Many Nigerians Arrested, Their Cars Damaged During An Immigration Raid In India / Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Seems I Have Been Defrauded By An Immigration Officer by chumakk: 10:55am On Aug 22, 2017
Hello guys,

I applied for my lost passport since may of this year in Abuja. Since then this guy has been giving me excuses. First, he said the 32 page passport is not available and if I can pay for 64 page it will come out faster as there's too much rush for the 32 passport. I paid and story still continues. I have asked for money refund as he can't deliver but he doesn't pick his calls again. What do I do now?
Re: It Seems I Have Been Defrauded By An Immigration Officer by greatnaija01: 11:26am On Aug 22, 2017
using agents is never advisable. if you know the custom office where you can do your passport by yourself... simply go there complain and begin afresh
Re: It Seems I Have Been Defrauded By An Immigration Officer by echo2(m): 11:35am On Aug 22, 2017
I had a similar issue, it took some months before I got my passport....lost case takes time bro.
Re: It Seems I Have Been Defrauded By An Immigration Officer by uboma(m): 12:39pm On Aug 22, 2017
chumakk:
Hello guys,

I applied for my lost passport since may of this year in Abuja. Since then this guy has been giving me excuses. First, he said the 32 page passport is not available and if I can pay for 64 page it will come out faster as there's too much rush for the 32 passport. I paid and story still continues. I have asked for money refund as he can't deliver but he doesn't pick his calls again. What do I do now?

Since he no longer answers your call, send him an SMS that you will report the matter to the Human Rights Radio, Brekete Family programme.

If he truly values his job, he will refund you in full but if not, please go ahead and report the matter to ordinary Ahmed Isa.

I hope you have documented evidence that he actually collected money from you.

if you do not, please forget the case and consider it your loss.
Re: It Seems I Have Been Defrauded By An Immigration Officer by chumakk: 1:16pm On Aug 22, 2017
uboma:

Since he no longer answers your call, send him an SMS that you will report the matter to the Human Rights Radio, Brekete Family programme.

If he truly values his job, he will refund you in full but if not, please go ahead and report the matter to ordinary Ahmed Isa.

I hope you have documented evidence that he actually collected money from you.

if you do not, please forget the case and consider it your loss.
Thank you. I have evidence as I paid into his account. What is the details of those guys you mentioned
Re: It Seems I Have Been Defrauded By An Immigration Officer by chumakk: 1:20pm On Aug 22, 2017
greatnaija01:
using agents is never advisable. if you know the custom office where you can do your passport by yourself... simply go there complain and begin afresh
i didn't use agent to do my first passport because everything can be done online but this renewal is offline. And when you enter immigration office in Abuja do you know the gatemen will not tell you where to apply. They continue to refer you to their friends inside who must end up doing it through them

1 Like

Re: It Seems I Have Been Defrauded By An Immigration Officer by uboma(m): 2:08pm On Aug 22, 2017
chumakk:
Thank you. I have evidence as I paid into his account. What is the details of those guys you mentioned

The radio programme starts at 7.30am daily, Monday to Saturday on 101.1 FM.

I don't have the phone numbers at the moment.

But you will be required to secure an affidavit from the court that your claims are true, then you submit your complaint along with the affidavit to Human Rights Radio.

Listen to the programme to get the address and phone number.

remember to first inform the rogue Immigration Officer of your plans to report him to Brekete Family programme and watch his response.

did same to a rogue VIO official sometime ago and got my money back.
Re: It Seems I Have Been Defrauded By An Immigration Officer by ifyalways(f): 9:51pm On Aug 22, 2017
If he's an immigration officer send him an sms to give him a deadline (1 week tops) and tell him you'd report him to the stations comptroller general afterwards.

IF he doesn't comply, go to there office and ask for the comptroller and report him.
Re: It Seems I Have Been Defrauded By An Immigration Officer by chumakk: 8:04am On Aug 23, 2017
uboma:

The radio programme starts at 7.30am daily, Monday to Saturday on 101.1 FM.

I don't have the phone numbers at the moment.

But you will be required to secure an affidavit from the court that your claims are true, then you submit your complaint along with the affidavit to Human Rights Radio.

Listen to the programme to get the address and phone number.

remember to first inform the rogue Immigration Officer of your plans to report him to Brekete Family programme and watch his response.

did same to a rogue VIO official sometime ago and got my money back.
Thank you. What is the name of the station and location. I will follow up because 66k is not beans
Re: It Seems I Have Been Defrauded By An Immigration Officer by KingBish(f): 9:00am On Aug 23, 2017
Did you meet and transact with a uniformed man at the gate of the immigration office?
Or does he have a desk and superiors inside the office?
Re: It Seems I Have Been Defrauded By An Immigration Officer by uboma(m): 3:56pm On Oct 03, 2017
@ chumakk,

do you have any update on this issue to share with us?
I hope you have either been refunded or received what you actually paid for.
Re: It Seems I Have Been Defrauded By An Immigration Officer by chumakk: 6:59pm On Oct 03, 2017
uboma:
@ chumakk,

do you have any update on this issue to share with us?

I hope you have either been refunded or received what you actually paid for.
I haven't received my passport yet. I was given till tomorrow. I will update you by Thursday. Thanks for asking.
Re: It Seems I Have Been Defrauded By An Immigration Officer by uboma(m): 7:03pm On Oct 03, 2017
chumakk:
I haven't received my passport yet. I was given till tomorrow. I will update you by Thursday. Thanks for asking.

All the best.

Thanks for the feedback.

1 Like

Re: It Seems I Have Been Defrauded By An Immigration Officer by Lanretoye(m): 7:25pm On Oct 03, 2017
greatnaija01:
you can read now,op never said agent...btw na custom dey do passport for ur hometown?
Re: It Seems I Have Been Defrauded By An Immigration Officer by dubemnaija: 7:39pm On Oct 03, 2017
greatnaija01:

Oga na immigration dey do passport - no be custom
Re: It Seems I Have Been Defrauded By An Immigration Officer by chumakk: 8:56pm On Oct 30, 2017
uboma:

All the best.

Thanks for the feedback.
i have received the passport. I used their internal complaint department and one of them got upon himself to follow up with the officer and threatened him with report.
Re: It Seems I Have Been Defrauded By An Immigration Officer by uboma(m): 5:13am On Oct 31, 2017
chumakk:
i have received the passport. I used their internal complaint department and one of them got upon himself to follow up with the officer and threatened him with report.

Good for you.

I wonder why some public officials are bent on tarnishing their office.

the corrupt official was lucky though.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Mother In Shock After Capturing A 'ghost Child' Standing Behind Her 9-year-old / New Islamic Terrorist Group Emerges In Sokoto / I Witness The Highest Height Of Ingratitude Today From A Bike Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.