Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,841 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai (36377 Views)

Danfo Driver Almost Strip Bribe-Seeking Policeman Unclad During A Fight In Lagos / Bribe-seeking Policeman Forced To Sit On The Ground After Being Arrested. Photo / Two Bribe-seeking Policemen Crushed To Death By A Truck In Delta State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by akinhanger: 7:19pm On Apr 24, 2019
Immigration Officer in International Airport Makes me and my friend miss our flight all because one of us is new traveler he wanted us to bride him and i didn't. The girl hold $500 as bta and he was telling us the protocol of tourist most be $1000 after I showed him my residence of Dubai and taking good care of their expenses.

They have been doing that for long duping any new traveler and mostly collect their bta from them.

Watch the video

https://www.everyvibes.com.ng/2019/04/bribe-seeking-immigration-officer-makes-travelers-miss-their-flight-to-dubai.html

3 Shares

Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by iammo(m): 8:16pm On Apr 24, 2019
smiley

This mostly affect first time travellers, the moment they see a virgin passport ahh! You must pay or risk airline flight reschedule penalty fine tongue especially if you are abit young and unacompanied.

Subsequent travels they ussualy beg and hail you for money

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:51pm On Apr 24, 2019
The passengers can always sue.

This madness must STOP.

All we need are some scape goats.

121 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by lonelydora: 8:52pm On Apr 24, 2019
Why can't FG conduct a sting operation?

This madness must stop. The masses should learn how to revolt against these uniformed men.

80 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by grandstar(m): 8:52pm On Apr 24, 2019
And Buhari has done zero about this?

To end this garbage simply needs a sting operation. By the time it is done a couple of times, the immigration will grow sense.

For a man who claims to be fighting corruption, this is a disgrace.

What yardsticks is he using to measure if his anti corruption war is working or is he just using ordinary measuring tape?

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by geesilver(m): 8:53pm On Apr 24, 2019
broadcast it on facebook, twitter, and other social media platforms to teach the idiot a life time lesson.

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by SolexxBarry(m): 8:53pm On Apr 24, 2019
I paid 500 dollars wen i travelled

Lets stop blaming the govt we are the ones that made this country like this,corruption is in the blood of every Nigerian

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by Gabson001(m): 8:54pm On Apr 24, 2019
What are this forces turning into?

2 Likes

Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by Nobody: 8:54pm On Apr 24, 2019
Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by miketayo(m): 8:56pm On Apr 24, 2019
They tried this shot with me, I was holding $200, I told them I will use my ATM when I get there and I don't carry cash, they kept insisting luckily their boss is a family friend, I just called her and told her his name, he refused to collect my phone to talk to her though. That's how I collected my passport and left them dere

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by Bighead9: 8:56pm On Apr 24, 2019
grandstar:
And Buhari has done zero about this?

You no well aswear, is Buhari an Immigration Officer? To stone you just dey hungry me right now. cool

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by molybdenum0012: 8:56pm On Apr 24, 2019
This thing is simple: people should learn to say NO regardless of the implication. But my Naija people will say just give am so he will not delay us.

Let us all learn to do things the right way.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by chukwuibuipob: 8:56pm On Apr 24, 2019
angry angry angry angry angry how i wish dey still tie robber like this behind drum and let soldiers shoot his BALLS. Thief

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by olamilokozzo: 8:56pm On Apr 24, 2019
useless fellows, which way naija
Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by BrokenCock: 8:56pm On Apr 24, 2019
akinhanger:

Watch the video

https://www.everyvibes.com.ng/2019/04/bribe-seeking-immigration-officer-makes-travelers-miss-their-flight-to-dubai.html
report them to Abuja office . Tweet it and mention the CGI and human rights radio and servicom

6 Likes

Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by trendymarseey(f): 8:56pm On Apr 24, 2019
Crazy peeps..
Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by Agbaletu: 8:57pm On Apr 24, 2019
What is wrong with the people of this country sef?
We are our own problem.
The country is retrogressing every second.

2 Likes

Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by olas24u(f): 8:57pm On Apr 24, 2019
That is how they behave

5 Likes

Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by SarkinYarki: 8:57pm On Apr 24, 2019
Just Imagine what Buharis immigration is doing to Nigerians

8 Likes

Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by grandstar(m): 8:57pm On Apr 24, 2019
Bighead9:

U
what is U?
Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by Pavore9: 8:57pm On Apr 24, 2019
Dem no dey take eye see Virgin passport or first time traveller, one is expected to drop something! angry

1 Like

Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by Craigslists: 9:00pm On Apr 24, 2019
This country is fvcked.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by aku626(m): 9:00pm On Apr 24, 2019
This was taken care of a while back when a celebrity rant online went viral. I guess like almost every other problem in Nigeria root-cause analysis = 0, failure nip the problem from its bud.

6 Likes

Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by grandstar(m): 9:01pm On Apr 24, 2019
Bighead9:

You no well aswear, is Buhari an Immigration Officer? To stone you just dey hungry me right now. cool

Does he have to be? You know nothing about governance.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by Amuocha: 9:01pm On Apr 24, 2019
Useless Buhari officers

1 Like

Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by tempest01(m): 9:02pm On Apr 24, 2019
They wanted to do this to me when I travelled to Australia. I showed them my new passport, they thought I was a first time traveller.

After much argument and I mentioned that I have never heard all these their talk during my travels, they now asked why I didn't attach my old passport and asked to me to go.

8 Likes

Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by chrisxxx(m): 9:03pm On Apr 24, 2019
This very common at MMIA especially when the see your passport is virgin. They made me miss in 2011. I had to pay extra $100. It was my first time travelling out.

3 Likes

Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by philip0906(m): 9:04pm On Apr 24, 2019
grandstar:

Is it under this regime this menace began? undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by Bighead9: 9:04pm On Apr 24, 2019
grandstar:

Buhari alone can not change this Country, when we have saboteurs like you.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by picoba(m): 9:05pm On Apr 24, 2019
I think authority has to do something about this. Most of this officers in international Airport are always beg for money.
I can recount my experience last month, they keep demanding.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bribe-Seeking Immigration Officer Makes Travelers Miss Their Flight To Dubai by Nobody: 9:06pm On Apr 24, 2019
angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lifeless Body With Marks Of Burns Recovered In Umuahia (photo) / Bertrand Ifeanyichukwu Akile: Wanted Nigerian Fraudster Arrested In Thailand / Gunmen Kidnap Chioma Nwosu Iheme, Court Appeal Justice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.