Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,786 members, 7,827,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

I Surpport Biafra...says Ojukwu In 2004 Interview - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Surpport Biafra...says Ojukwu In 2004 Interview (458 Views)

Haile Selassie Met Ironsi, Gowon & Ojukwu In April 1966: Video / Pictures Of Bianca Ojukwu In The Namib Desert / Bianca Ojukwu In Dublin, Ireland For Igbo Summer Cultural Fiesta (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Surpport Biafra...says Ojukwu In 2004 Interview by munas: 1:49pm On Aug 22, 2017
Ojukwu was mentioned in President Muhammadu Buhari's speech yesterday when he said, 'In 2003 after I joined partisan politics, the late Chief Emeka Ojukwu came and stayed as my guest in my hometown Daura. Over two days we discussed in great depth till late into the night and analyzed the problems of Nigeria. We both came to the conclusion that the country must remain one and united'.

A lot of Nigerians however didn't believe this paragraph from the president's speech and unfortunately, Ojukwu who led the Southeast as Biafra in a failed secessionist bid that caused a two-and-half-year civil war in the country between July 1967 and January 1970 died in 2011.

Now, a magazine cover of his 2004 interview with NEWSWATCH where he said, 'I support Biafra' has surfaced online bringing a new perspective to the discussion.

Mynd44
lala

1 Like

Re: I Surpport Biafra...says Ojukwu In 2004 Interview by taylor88(m): 1:51pm On Aug 22, 2017
search no more

the blind and dead knows

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Cross River Govt. Discovers More Solid Mineral Deposits / Aso Villa Rats: Declare A State Of Emergency Now! / The Similarity Of Maitaisine & Mazooipob

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.