Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,889 members, 7,817,616 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities (36499 Views)

Atiku: Niger-Delta Can Have 100% Of Oil Revenues / Niger Delta Militants Demand Return Of Oil Blocs Held By Northerners / Governor Dickson Enjoying A Boat Ride In Niger Delta Creeks. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by Efewestern: 12:21am On Aug 23, 2017
Cool23:
Wetin concern me when they were busy bombing they didn't think of this they are now shouting one stupid restructuring

Wenti concern you!!

but the oil they produced concern you shey?

The money been distributed to your parasitic state concern you shey?

Did you just say restructuring is a stupid thing?, so you prefer the status quo?, please where are you from, don't tell me you are from South or middle belt.

3 Likes

Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by Cool23(m): 12:29am On Aug 23, 2017
Efewestern:

Wenti concern you!!

but the oil they produced concern you shey?

The money been distributed to your parasitic state concern you shey?

Did you just say restructuring is a stupid thing?, so you prefer the status quo?, please where are you from, don't tell me you are from South or middle belt.
I don't think u understood my comment and I'm from ogun restructuring means giving states control of their resources without any interference from the federal government now tell me if they carry on with this how many states can survive on their own it is only a scheme to make some certain governors more powerful
Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by omaar12(m): 1:14am On Aug 23, 2017
Op this government No this country has failed the people of Niger delta. if this where to be in abuja or anywhere close to the North the government would have handled it immediately BT because it not close to the center the government is reluctant to do anything those benefiting for this scourge will say ( when you brother was there what did he do) they forget that Jonathan was not just the president of ND but the president of Nigeria thereby he alone cannot make decision or suggest and pass such even if he wanted to he/it has to pass through the legislative.
100% control of your resources would never come, it all down to you guys to save ur region. when it comes to spillage it your region BT when it comes to sharing the money from ND they say "it our money" please you guys should be wise you should be at the fore front of every protest in this country because very soon there will be nothing left ( land, water, oil) nothing.
Restructuring, yes might seem okay BT that will not give u what u need to heal the land because you don't have the ultimate control over ur cash cow.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by omaar12(m): 1:22am On Aug 23, 2017
Cool23:
I don't think u understood my comment and I'm from ogun restructuring means giving states control of their resources without any interference from the federal government now tell me if they carry on with this how many states can survive on their own it is only a scheme to make some certain governors more powerful
it either restructuring or division. ND can only heal their land by their own hand if they control these resources without greed. before these oil spillage chase them away from their Region.
No matter how much money u have if u cannot get access to portable water, my brother u will know that that money is useless. these guys are suffering even with their wealth.

3 Likes

Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by omaar12(m): 1:31am On Aug 23, 2017
leofab:
These northern hegemony will never go unpunished
The only way to punish them is break up. unless so these guys will never be able to heal their land in the next 100 years they might end up flooding other region ( East/west) because access to portable water denied means migration.
They can heal the land if they are not greedy about the oil money benefits BT rather how to improve those parts with oil spill. and by sponsoring their youth ( the bright ones) with scientific acumen who are patriotic to the Niger Delta, aboard to learn how to clean the land and improve the soil so their children while be glad to be able to drink portable water as eating fresh fish pepper soup ( all from their region ) tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by Efewestern: 5:56am On Aug 23, 2017
Cool23:

When we say restructuring, we mean everybody going back to the table to discuss the way forward, each ethnic group will b represented, the issue of state might be resolved, regional system might be adopted.

Support will be given to poor region, they should let those of us from the Delta to enjoy our God given resources.

3 Likes

Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by Efewestern: 5:57am On Aug 23, 2017
lalasticlacla and seun do the needful.
Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by Cool23(m): 2:41pm On Aug 23, 2017
Efewestern:

When we say restructuring, we mean everybody going back to the table to discuss the way forward, each ethnic group will b represented, the issue of state might be resolved, regional system might be adopted.

Support will be given to poor region, they should let those of us from the Delta to enjoy our God given resources.
what resources is it the oil that in the next 5 to ten years will be useless as everyone us looking for greener source of energy
Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by Efewestern: 4:21pm On Aug 23, 2017
Cool23:
what resources is it the oil that in the next 5 to ten years will be useless as everyone us looking for greener source of energy

Before it becomes useless don't you think we should let the indigenous people enjoy their God given resources?

lalasticlala and seun I sight you.

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by sanandreas(m): 5:01pm On Aug 23, 2017
DaniDani:
I have been reading about oil spillage in books and internet with disinclination until I travelled to Emago Kugbo and its environs and I spent hours in the sea and other riverine communities in Abua LGA of rivers state and now, each time I retrospect my experience I feel like crying and cursing our leaders. These people are in a terrible condition which I lack words to describe. Oil spillage is a serious situation that deserves emergency response.

When Niger Deltans agitate for development it is as if they are asking too much. The whole country enjoyed the milk flowing yet we live in abject poverty.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by sanandreas(m): 5:04pm On Aug 23, 2017
Cool23:

You didn't say this 5years ago. Can Nigeria leave it to us to manage before its is worthless. Budget allocation is pegged on this oil right from 80s.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by dadavivo: 5:06pm On Aug 23, 2017
Northerners don't care, they only want the dollars fckk the spillage

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by madenigga(m): 5:24pm On Aug 23, 2017
You go and colaboarate with your youths to bomb pipelines then when oil spills u go around and start shouting you want compensation.
Its actually the communities that shud pay the companies for disrupting their work and making them loose money.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by marooh: 5:56pm On Aug 23, 2017
Nawaoooo, and somebody dey northen side dey jollificate..

Shouting One nigeria grin
Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by Edu3Again: 5:56pm On Aug 23, 2017
This is why the Niger Delta must manage their own resources

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by awa(m): 5:58pm On Aug 23, 2017
One Nigeria and our Unity is not negotiable according to Buhari.... Many still hail him as the Messiah. SS and SE, grow up

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by burkingx(f): 6:00pm On Aug 23, 2017
shocked
Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 6:01pm On Aug 23, 2017
My Niger Delta, My Creek
My Creek who for years has been the goose laying dozens of golden eggs to feed the whole poutry, is the one thats left to waddle in the blood(from egg laying) stains, only to pick at food thrown at it from time to time.

My Niger Delta My Creek
The only bird thats keeping the poultry running..
Care for it, all handlers refuse, each comes to pick his share of the of my blood stained golden eggs and leaves running.

My Niger Delta My Creek.
I felt it was the foreigners that handled the farm that made it the way it was, I sent one of my very golden egg, i made one to be the one to sell all the eggs i laid. But then, after all the hopes and aspirations heaped on them...they took alll my eggs, and built fancy poultries elsewhere, while my gold laying house, is a gorry site of blood(from egg laying) and soiled feeds.

A neigbour has come to me, it says it wants me to be in his poultry farm, he is telling me that he will alow me sell my golden eggs and manage my sales.
But then i dont want to be under any poultry manager no more, my kids are mostly serfs to the poultry owners, and are not ready to fight to break free... I have these new set of goldel egg layers that i am training, i want them to recruit back some of my lost chicks, i want them to train well Academically, so as to teach others after them, Economically : so as to manage and invest the proceeds of these farm well, and i want them to grow politically so that they will first be independent in thinking and thereafter exude their collective independence to break us free...

Others say that i strike now... But i will bid my time.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by okerekeikpo: 6:01pm On Aug 23, 2017
Yet they will collect our oil money to go and build Abuja and Lagos
Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 6:01pm On Aug 23, 2017
My Niger Delta, my kids are all enticed from me, and they too join in pallaging me.
If only they established the poultry they built near me.. I wont be so mad, but they travel far, to foreign lands, and burry my golden eggs there for others to enjoy while i starve and my kids here go into crime.

Mommy, I swear to you, that when the time is ripe, i break free, but for now, we cant risk Juniors life, he's barely in school yet...
But till then, i will train my limbs, my musles, my brain, and my emotions... For that day.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by InvertedHammer: 6:02pm On Aug 23, 2017
Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by Mveokwor(m): 6:02pm On Aug 23, 2017
God
Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by Bede2u(m): 6:02pm On Aug 23, 2017
fratermathy:
Oil Spillage has become the sad reality of the Delta today. From the Western end of Ondo to the Eastern end of Akwa Ibom, oil spillage is a recurrent decimal.

In itself, oil spillage is not the problem because it can be cleaned and it is not unique to Nigeria. The problem, however, is the government's lack of interest in the plight of the poor fishermen and riverine dwellers of the Delta who have to face the reality of black oil on their land and waters. The oil companies pay little to no interest to these spills and even when monies are disbursed for cleanup, they end up on the stomach of the so-called Niger Delta leaders.

What about the militants that claim to fight for the rights of the people by blowing up pipes (and by extension causing more spillages)? Many of them have been bought off by the FG. The amount of money the FG spends to feed the ex-militants in a month is enough to clean up a large section of the oil spills in Urhobo/Isokoland. What are the militants doing about it now that their purses are full?

The blame for these spills goes to each and every one of us. To the government, for its negligence and blatant disregard for the welfare of its citizens who have to suffer the bitter taste of black crude, spilt over their water and land. To the Niger Delta leaders who eat the little money that may be used to satiate the plights of the jobless fishermen, farmers, and riverine dwellers who have nowhere to go. To the militants and agitators who use a genuine cause to enrich themselves at the detriment of the people they swore to fight for. To the average Nigerian who turns away from sordid images such as the ones on this thread; who rather pretends not to know what their fellow citizens are facing every day.

The Niger Delta is a mistreated and wealthy bride of Nigeria. She may not know her true worth now or have good leaders and agitators, but a day will come when the bride shall say enough is enough. When that day comes, Nigeria will stand still and see the evil its leaders and the oil companies have done against a once arable and ecologically rich region. No one, not even our closest neighbours, can help us. We alone have to break free of the chains we have allowed ourselves to be entrapped in.

lalasticlala
no link up with biafra and demand wats urs now dat d window is open or at least stop being a vocal critic of the agitation.... keep waiting for ONE DAY wen u will say ENOUGH... lol that day may neva come

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by menkas(m): 6:03pm On Aug 23, 2017
South south, shame to u all, u knw what u will do but u people keep quit sorry for the suffering, let me tell u people the more u show this things the more the northers are laughing u people very wicked tribes in nature look at the way they rather this people useless just for nothing

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:03pm On Aug 23, 2017
Customer80:
may i know the essence of this post, thank you
You will not know the essence, why you are enjoying the proceeds from the oil, the real owners of the oil is suffering and dying undecided

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by rusher14: 6:03pm On Aug 23, 2017
Izonpikin:
what would you say about the leaky well heads of the various oil companies operating in the Niger delta??..

In your little mind you think the pics you see is all about Niger delta youths..

Oil is produced in many other countries apart from Nigeria. None experiences oil spills with such regularity and quantum as the Niger Delta.

The oil industry embraces world class standards applicable everywhere in the world.

My people should know they are responsible for the spills that have despoiled their environment.

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by YelloweWest: 6:04pm On Aug 23, 2017
And yet the people whose lands have been devastated have nothing to show for it.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by YelloweWest: 6:07pm On Aug 23, 2017
rusher14:

Oil is produced in many other countries apart from Nigeria. None experiences oil spills with such regularity and quantum as the Niger Delta.

The oil industry embraces world class standards applicable everywhere in the world.

My people should know they are responsible for the spills that have despoiled their environment.
Pls don't talk trash! Just Google oil spills!
Anywhere there has been exploration oil oil it has come with pollution. It's just that Modern day technology is helping to curb it.

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 6:07pm On Aug 23, 2017
fratermathy:
Oil Spillage has become the sad reality of the Delta today. From the Western end of Ondo to the Eastern end of Akwa Ibom, oil spillage is a recurrent decimal.

In itself, oil spillage is not the problem because it can be cleaned and it is not unique to Nigeria. The problem, however, is the government's lack of interest in the plight of the poor fishermen and riverine dwellers of the Delta who have to face the reality of black oil on their land and waters. The oil companies pay little to no interest to these spills and even when monies are disbursed for cleanup, they end up on the stomach of the so-called Niger Delta leaders.

What about the militants that claim to fight for the rights of the people by blowing up pipes (and by extension causing more spillages)? Many of them have been bought off by the FG. The amount of money the FG spends to feed the ex-militants in a month is enough to clean up a large section of the oil spills in Urhobo/Isokoland. What are the militants doing about it now that their purses are full?

The blame for these spills goes to each and every one of us. To the government, for its negligence and blatant disregard for the welfare of its citizens who have to suffer the bitter taste of black crude, spilt over their water and land. To the Niger Delta leaders who eat the little money that may be used to satiate the plights of the jobless fishermen, farmers, and riverine dwellers who have nowhere to go. To the militants and agitators who use a genuine cause to enrich themselves at the detriment of the people they swore to fight for. To the average Nigerian who turns away from sordid images such as the ones on this thread; who rather pretends not to know what their fellow citizens are facing every day.

The Niger Delta is a mistreated and wealthy bride of Nigeria. She may not know her true worth now or have good leaders and agitators, but a day will come when the bride shall say enough is enough. When that day comes, Nigeria will stand still and see the evil its leaders and the oil companies have done against a once arable and ecologically rich region. No one, not even our closest neighbours, can help us. We alone have to break free of the chains we have allowed ourselves to be entrapped in.

lalasticlala
God bless u broda..

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 6:08pm On Aug 23, 2017
Gh
Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by Izonpikin: 6:08pm On Aug 23, 2017
rusher14:

na na na..

The IOCs have decided to spill oil from there well heads here in nigeria because our government and the regulatory bodies responsible for checkmating these companies don't their jobs..

The many spills you see is due to mal-operations by the oil companies..before they came we had no spills... angry

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by Nobody: 6:13pm On Aug 23, 2017
We would rather discuss spending 80 billion to look for oil in lake chad basin or spending 100 billion to repair borno than discuss about this...what a shame

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photos Of Boko Haram Members Who Surrendered To The Nigerian Army Today / It Is Sad That Two Global Banking Giants Are Leaving Nigeria - Atiku Abubakar / Buhari Shakes Kogi As Mammoth Crowd Welcome Him For Campaign -Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.