Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,911 members, 7,817,684 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities (36501 Views)

Atiku: Niger-Delta Can Have 100% Of Oil Revenues / Niger Delta Militants Demand Return Of Oil Blocs Held By Northerners / Governor Dickson Enjoying A Boat Ride In Niger Delta Creeks. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by luvinhubby(m): 6:13pm On Aug 23, 2017
The indigenes of these affected Niger Delta communities are the biggest fools that ever walked this planet earth, be they Ijaws, Itsekiris, Urhobos, Igbos, Ogonis, Ibibios, Efiks etc.

Fighting for endless divisive tribal interests while a bunch of rag-head politicians from other sterile regions milk your resources, drain your crude, desecrate and pollute your waters and farmlands and spend the money on endless pilgrimages and retinue of 2-4 wives and your indigenes suffer and die in penury and sicknesses occasioned by the oil spills while milking your resources and they do absolutely nothing.

If Nnamdi Kanu (I do not believe in his cause) can hold a nation to ransom with words, they can do more with both words and actions and lock down the resources in their land till this nation is restructured and the indigenes of the Niger Delta are allowed to control their resources and take care of their land.

My two kobo.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by autonomous22: 6:14pm On Aug 23, 2017
Remimadrid:
They will be busy bombing and destroying their own land, while blamiming the federal for their doing so, while their leaders from the niger delta becomes wealthier.
Niger delta youths are the most stupid set of people in the world.

You are cursed ....
Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by WeirdWolf: 6:15pm On Aug 23, 2017
What will be the fate of these communities when crude oil finishes?!

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by jy2kbeyond(m): 6:16pm On Aug 23, 2017
Western countries don't encounter oil spillage because of the strict safety measures and professionalism deployed by Shell, Agip and the likes. But in Nigeria, these companies become nonchalant because our government doesn't impose fines on them whenever they make these stupid mistakes.

Spillage is suppose to be a grave accident but it is a norm here. Nigeria why? sad

3 Likes

Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by ourema(f): 6:16pm On Aug 23, 2017
DaniDani:
I have been reading about oil spillage in books and internet with disinclination until I travelled to Emago Kugbo and its environs and I spent hours in the sea and other riverine communities in Abua LGA of rivers state and now, each time I retrospect my experience I feel like crying and cursing our leaders. These people are in a terrible condition which I lack words to describe. Oil spillage is a serious situation that deserves emergency response.
I am married to a man from Emago Kugbo. The level of devastation caused by oil pollution is unimaginable. Emago Kugbo had the first oil loading base in Nigeria. But it has been neglected by the government. The town has no road yet it is less than 15km away from Ogbia town. It is a pathetic situation.
Thanks for making and writing a post about Emago

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by erico2k2(m): 6:17pm On Aug 23, 2017
7lives:
What about clean up contractors, paying criminals to go and burst pipe lines, so that they can get clean up contracts?.
You tube is your friend OP, you can search for the video,
50% of Niger Delta pains are self inflicted.
All MADNESS will eventually end in COMMON SENSE, how come there are no noise of oil spillage offshore? does it means the oil companies took extra precautions on their off shore operations?.
Did you just say no Oil spillage offshore ?

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by AkumahTalk(m): 6:17pm On Aug 23, 2017
I took a trip to Okrika last month and all through the boat ride, all I could smell was diesel. The water its self had something like diesel floating on the surface and giving it a rainbow reflection.
The bitter truth is that we can blame the IOCs all we want but until we own our problems we'll keep digging ourselves into a hoLe. Some No-Good Naija delta people have been destroying their own land since time immemorial. This includes pipeline vandalization for criminal commercial purposes and for agitation sake and the popular local refining activity called "kpo fire" as well.

When I saw the mess, I asked myself "How can they fish?" IMPOSSIBLE!!! The indegenes on the boat told me that "I ain't seen nothing yet" and I'm complaining.

I was astonished at the folly of the region. They will never learn. Tomorrow another pipeline will be destroyed and some will cheer; calling out the FG. Look at Warri and Portharcourt today and compare these cities to what they used to be. Everybody is now crying Lagos is monopolising commercial activities in the country. SHAME!!!!! When will you have sense.

The IOCs have done their risk assessments and adapted to the folly of the region whilst staying afloat and making their profit. FG is doing what they know how to do best; Nepotism, Political Rascality, Economic rascality and Democratic terrorism.

OUR MUMU NEVER DO?

The Niger deltans need to own their problems and develop a sustainable economic strategy to enable them survive and compete favourably.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by Blizzy9ja: 6:18pm On Aug 23, 2017
Remimadrid:
They will be busy bombing and destroying their own land, while blamiming the federal for their doing so, while their leaders from the niger delta becomes wealthier.
You dare insult my people after stealing our God given resources? So we should our arms and watch you reap our resources and get fat while the only thing we deserve is pipeline survellance? You accuse our leaders of getting wealthier? How many of them own oil wells in our region? The hausa/fulani and yorubas daily rape our land and harvest our resources and then turn around to blame our leaders for the predicament of the region?
Are our leader responsible for pipeline maintainance? Are the the cause of corrosion in pipelines? Are the responsible for bad pipeline welding? You think we are fools?

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by Nobody: 6:18pm On Aug 23, 2017
Sometimes i actually dont blame the militants, i believe i might be worst than them if i live in that community & the worst part is, You can't settle me cause MONEY ain't exactly one of my top priority

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by erico2k2(m): 6:19pm On Aug 23, 2017
WeirdWolf:
What will be the fate of these communities when crude oil finishes?!

Crude formation is a continuous process in as much as hydrocarbons are formed you will get crude . The only variable is cost of exploration and extraction and this is where technology comes in.
Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by Emy4u(m): 6:20pm On Aug 23, 2017
Are u blind that u can't see?
Customer80:
may i know the essence of this post, thank you
Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by Abfinest007(m): 6:20pm On Aug 23, 2017
Remimadrid:
on which side are u on .why will u say Niger Delta youth are stupid when they are fighting for resource control. watch ur words bcus it might come back to hurt u
Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by magzey: 6:21pm On Aug 23, 2017
legislatively:
no one bombed pipelines in ogoni and ilaje, the federal government in conjunction with the oil companies refused to do clean-up.
The case is the same in most part of nigerdelta
when they want to implement the clean up you people are busy blaming Buhari and even some are threatening to kill him when he show up there.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by erico2k2(m): 6:21pm On Aug 23, 2017
AkumahTalk:
I took a trip to Okrika last month and all through the boat ride, all I could smell was diesel. The water its self had something like diesel floating on the surface and giving it a rainbow reflection.
The bitter truth is that we can blame the IOCs all we want but until we own our problems we'll keep digging ourselves into a hoLe. Some No-Good Naija delta people have been destroying their own land since time immemorial. This includes pipeline vandalization for criminal commercial purposes and for agitation sake and the popular local refining activity called "kpo fire" as well.

When I saw the mess, I asked myself "How can they fish?" IMPOSSIBLE!!! The indegens on the boat told me that "I ain't seen nothing yet" and I'm complaining.

I was astonished at the folly of the region. They will never learn. Tomorrow another pipeline will be destroyed and some will cheer; calling out the FG. Look at Warri and Portharcourt today and compare these cities to what they used to be. Everybody is now crying Lagos is monopolising commercial activities in the country. SHAME!!!!! When will you have sense.

The IOCs have done their risk assessments and adapted to the folly of the region whilst staying afloat and making their profit. FG is doing what they know how to do best; Nepotism, Political Rascality, Economic rascality and Democratic terrorism.

OUR MUMU NEVER DO?

Have you seen a vandalised pipeline 1st hand ? ?I have a good reason 4 asking . Cos the vast majority of us post on hear say now have your?
Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by olayinkajnr(m): 6:22pm On Aug 23, 2017
Really saddening

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by nairaman66(m): 6:24pm On Aug 23, 2017
Remimadrid:

Don't worry afonja!! Soon you will fall in line with the league of the ND. Heard you already found oil in your land..

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by ArcFresky(m): 6:25pm On Aug 23, 2017

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by rusher14: 6:27pm On Aug 23, 2017
YelloweWest:

Pls don't talk trash! Just Google oil spills!
Anywhere there has been exploration oil oil it has come with pollution. It's just that Modern day technology is helping to curb it.

I insist on my earlier submission.
Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by Sagay212: 6:29pm On Aug 23, 2017
The govt is just extremely useless. The politicians are evil as well. Our politicians are cursed with failure,
Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by Nobody: 6:29pm On Aug 23, 2017
Olodo calling another person olodo. Tell me before 2005 who know the likes of Tompolo, Dokubo and others, and tell me how rich they are now
Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by magzey: 6:30pm On Aug 23, 2017
Blizzy9ja:
You dare insult my people after stealing our God given resources? So we should our arms and watch you reap our resources and get fat while the only thing we deserve is pipeline survellance? You accuse our leaders of getting wealthier? How many of them own oil wells in our region? The hausa/fulani and yorubas daily rape our land and harvest our resources and then turn around to blame our leaders for the predicament of the region?
Are our leader responsible for pipeline maintainance? Are the the cause of corrosion in pipelines? Are the responsible for bad pipeline welding? You think we are fools?
THATS WHY YOU WILL DIE A SADDIST.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by Nobody: 6:31pm On Aug 23, 2017
nairaman66:

Don't worry afonja!! Soon you will fall in line with the league of the ND. Heard you already found oil in your land..
Yeah we had, but it is not a big deal to us, since our state is well developed than any other state in Nigeria
Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by nothernstar: 6:32pm On Aug 23, 2017
Customer80:
may i know the essence of this post, thank you
do you have mental problem. Just asking
Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by allcomage: 6:32pm On Aug 23, 2017
we have a golden opportunity to join forces with biafra agitation for referendum but alas we are displaying stupid sentment. can any person tell a strong group on ground in nd popular join for agitation for resources countrol as time is running out.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by GMBuhari: 6:35pm On Aug 23, 2017
Efewestern:

Tell FG to give the people what belongs to them, our land are been destroyed daily.

Who is destroying them biko ??

and those photos are old as fvcckkk another propaganda in play

Efewestern:

is that all you can come up with?, are the youth the ones causing the spillage?

that's the response you deserve and yes, this is the works of the youths
Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by omaar12(m): 6:39pm On Aug 23, 2017
I think those from the ND are justly right to lead the fight for self determination they have every reason to, why they are holding back still baffles me. even with their oil wealth they hold No power to save their region from disaster. If I where to be from that region my first goal would be to lobby one of the big two from the south especially those who share the same ideology as I do.
Then we sign an MOU checkmating any loopholes that will make us feel suspicious of each other, prepare and draft how things will be done in the eventuality of a successful break up which must be entail in the MOU. They say if one wants something perfectly done, he should do it himself, NDeltans should stop being redundant and raise their voices, strike the iron when it Hot. this is the period of self determination you should not be sorry for wanting to leave this contraception for the betterment of the future of ur children, stop sitting on the fence.
Come out in mass and save ur region.

4 Likes

Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by WeirdWolf: 6:42pm On Aug 23, 2017
erico2k2:

Crude formation is a continuous process in as much as hydrocarbons are formed you will get crude . The only variable is cost of exploration and extraction and this is where technology comes in.

I never asked for an enlightenment on crude formation not to talk of hydrocarbon formation as a whole. I was referring to the period in future when the crude oil (not gas) will most likely not be in commercial quantity, what will be the fate of these communities n states. Knowing they have been adversely affected by drilling and production activities.

In other words, at that point where cost of extraction is no longer attractive for investors and technology isn't available to rip the reservoir of every drop of oil, what then, will be the fate of these communities?

In terms of remediation and compensation.

Thanks.
Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by omaar12(m): 6:44pm On Aug 23, 2017
GMBuhari:

Who is destroying them biko ??

and those photos are old as fvcckkk another propaganda in play

that's the response you deserve and yes, this is the works of the youths
Here is another agent that utterly doesn't want the Niger delta to be redeemed. if you are from Niger delta u won't be spewing this trash. but because you are not from ND and maybe u have never been to these region or maybe u have never seen how these people suffer or u have but turned a blind eye just to sweep this under the carpet, you want to rubbish this thread.
reality check bro ( it won't work for you).

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by khalids: 6:46pm On Aug 23, 2017
Does the Niger Delta not have representation at the Federal level....what are their senators doing, what are the governors of those states doing, what are their counselors doing and local government chairmen doing....

These are the people that they should hold to get things done for them......complaining to their fellow Nigerians or posting on Nairaland who are also facing neglect from government is not going to solve anything......

And when we say government, who exactly is responsible to get the cleanup done....don't they have names, don't they have addresses....

We just keep channeling our anger in the wrong direction.....if there are elders chopping the money...do the youth not know their addresses.......

We just all sit back and think someone somewhere will solve our problems for us...we need to take initiatives in the right direction
Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by mascotafltd: 6:48pm On Aug 23, 2017
This is painful and anourying it's my place.......something need to be done urgently .
Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by moshoodn(m): 6:48pm On Aug 23, 2017
Wastelands....

That's what those lands have become.

Nothing organic, just dead things.
Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by LordVoldemort(m): 6:48pm On Aug 23, 2017
Efewestern:

is that all you can come up with?, are the youth the ones causing the spillage?

A simple Google search on the pictures shows the all the pics are from 2003 to 2014 no recent pictures here. Post pictures taken in 2017 and maybe they can take you serious

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu: 'Like Jesus, I Am Tempted To Back Out Of Biafra Struggle' / How $10 Million Helicopters Bought By Rivers State Were Diverted To North-East / FFK, Peter Obi And Dino Malaye At Party Coalition (Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.