Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,647 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 (81187 Views)

Liverpool Vs Arsenal (3 - 1) On 24th August 2019 / UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw On 16th March 2018 / Manchester United Vs Leicester City (2 - 0) On 26th August 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by andrew444(m): 8:44pm On Aug 24, 2017
cstr1000:

PSG as a team is stronger than barcelona. That is a fact.
The only world class players in barcelona are messi, suarez and busquet.
Now compare to PSG.
Anyway, pray you don't meet them. una go collect.

Psg are a team stronger than Barcelona,you gave no good reason,out meeting with psg for about 6 times will speak,the so called psg that is yet to even win the champions league,the same psg hat was shocked after they where beaten 6-1? If you are talking about this season,why not wait till the season start fully and pray for both team to meet,already judging by their players,what happen to world class man city when they face Monaco last season?
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by Simeonarome: 8:45pm On Aug 24, 2017
Konami94:
Liverpool's group looks more like an Europa League group. Madrid's group is definitely the group of death. Followed by Chelsea's group
Actually Chelsea's group comes first before Madrid.
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by andrew444(m): 8:47pm On Aug 24, 2017
Ximenez:
Lol, the same thing he did at City sending Hart and Toure on exile. He couldn't reveal his regret out of pride when Bravo started conceding every shot on Target. And had it being he didn't recall Toure, maybe they wouldn't be in the draw today.

Lol but same joe hart flopped at Torino with his usual blunders,how am I sure he will not flop at West Ham?already conceded 7 goals in his 2 EPL games this season

1 Like

Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by malton: 8:48pm On Aug 24, 2017
cstr1000:

Which yeye ideology?
When real madrid spend millions signing galaticos every year, is it any wonder they win everything? Even barcelona spend millions blowing everybody out of the water.
If the EPL teams had the same revenue sharing formula like spain, you think spain can compete?
Even right now, manchester united is the richest club in the world, now imagine if they are allowed to negotiate their own TV deal by the FA.
They would buy real madrid and barcelona and use it as their toilet.

The English teams are rich regardless. If you had the same sharing formula, only Man U would have been able to compete financially.

You honestly think any Latino would choose the EPL teams ahead of the La Liga Giants, given the same conditions? Nope. Only players considered not good enough look to England. These guys grow up dreaming of playing for either Barca or Madrid. Not even once will you hear any great player say they have been wanting to play for United or those other riff-raff.

Or you think Man U didn't offer Ronaldo a good enough project when he left for Madrid? He left at a time when Man U were doing better than Madrid in Europe. But not even winning at the finest stage of them all could stop him from achieving his dream.

They just don't compare. Some things are beyond just money.

2 Likes

Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by waletopmost(m): 8:49pm On Aug 24, 2017
Juve again,haaaaaa
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by malton: 8:50pm On Aug 24, 2017
cstr1000:

PSG as a team is stronger than barcelona. That is a fact.
The only world class players in barcelona are messi, suarez and busquet.
Now compare to PSG.
Anyway, pray you don't meet them. una go collect.

You are really delusional.

This is not an IPOB issue. Don't get emotional over nothing.

There's still a gulf in class between Barca and PSG.
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by Ximenez(m): 8:51pm On Aug 24, 2017
andrew444:

How is psg better than Barcelona?i can agree with juventus,so because psg got neymar makes them automatically better than Barcelona?how do you watch football,the season just started,Madrid beat Barca home and away and everybody is already judging Barcelona downfall,many people judging football with sentiment
You are right, but Barca is already weakened, with their poor defence and Average midfield, it is the MSN that has been carrying them and now that it has been broken people are expecting the worst from them.

We all saw what PSG did to them last season, it was 4 nil in the 1st leg before the ref made poor decisions in the second leg, but the ref wasn't there against Juventus, as they couldn't score a goal against them in both legs.

Maybe you didn't read what Neymar said on Sunday, Barca problem stretches beyond the field, their former president is in jail cos of the deal that brought Neymar from Santos.

The LA Masia is in ruin just as the fg here has ruined the public universities to be producing half baked graduate, the last good thing that came out of La Masia is Sergi Roberto. Even Pique admitted after the Madrid match that for the first time in his 9 years at Barca, Madrid were better than them.

And this is definitely not the time to higher an average coach, it will be worse than the time of Gerardo Matino
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by Nobody: 8:51pm On Aug 24, 2017
BARCA TI JA
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by cstr1000: 8:54pm On Aug 24, 2017
malton:

The English teams are rich regardless. If you had the same sharing formula, only Man U would have been able to compete financially.

You honestly think any Latino would choose the EPL teams ahead of the La Liga Giants, given the same conditions? Nope. Only players considered not good enough look to England. These guys grow up dreaming of playing for either Barca or Madrid. Not even once will you hear any great player say they have been wanting to play for United or those other riff-raff.

Or you think Man U didn't offer Ronaldo a good enough project when he left for Madrid? He left at a time when Man U were doing better than Madrid in Europe. But not even winning at the finest stage of them all could stop him from achieving his dream.

They just don't compare. Some things are beyond just money.
Then why did neymar leave barcelona for PSG? If it is not about the money?
And why is ronaldo threatening to come back to england if the tax men don't leave him alone.
Yes, i agree that spanish team have a reputation. But that reputation was built on consistent success as a result of unprecedented wealth. It is not a special spanish quality. It is just a result of wealth-driven success.
Real madrid is a giant today because franco a spanish king spent spanish wealth on it and made it a national symbol.
It is similar to what quatar is doing now with PSG
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by cstr1000: 8:57pm On Aug 24, 2017
malton:

You are really delusional.

This is not an IPOB issue. Don't get emotional over nothing.

There's still a gulf in class between Barca and PSG.
Gulf in class?
lol. You are having a laugh.
This is not mes que un club rubbish sentiment. This is about real players on a real football pitch.
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by andrew444(m): 8:59pm On Aug 24, 2017
Ximenez:
What are saying name four? undecided I can even give you 30, I won't start from Ronaldo, Suarez, Modric or Bale. I will start from Xabi Alonso, Mascherano

English players I mean,xabi alonso was bought from real soceidad to Liverpool,so don't doubt him,Spanish players who did well in EPL.
Diego costa,llorente,Juan mata,David silva,fabregas,Michu,oriol romeu,Montreal,azpilicueta,I can mention more but let me stop here
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by andrew444(m): 9:02pm On Aug 24, 2017
[quote author=Ximenez post=59795580]You are right, but Barca is already weakened, with their poor defence and Average midfield, it is the MSN that has been carrying them and now that it has been broken people are expecting the worst from them.

We all saw what PSG did to them last season, it was 4 nil in the 1st leg before the ref made poor decisions in the second leg, but the ref wasn't there against Juventus, as they couldn't score a goal against them in both legs.

Maybe you didn't read what Neymar said on Sunday, Barca problem stretches beyond the field, their former president is in jail cos of the deal that brought Neymar from Santos.

The LA Masia is in ruin just as the fg here has ruined the public universities to be producing half baked graduate, the last good thing that came out of La Masia is Sergi Roberto. Even Pique admitted after the Madrid match that for the first time in his 9 years at Barca, Madrid were better than them.

And this is definitely not the time to higher an average coach, it will be worse than the time of Gerardo Matino[/quot
God bless you bro,poor defence,can't argue with you because you speak the fact and you don't talk with sentiment like others,one love
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by andrew444(m): 9:03pm On Aug 24, 2017
[quote author=andrew444 post=59795874][/quote]

God bless you bro,you speak the fact and don't talk with sentiment like others,Barca has a poor defence
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by Ximenez(m): 9:04pm On Aug 24, 2017
andrew444:

Lol but same joe hart flopped at Torino with his usual blunders,how am I sure he will not flop at West Ham?already conceded 7 goals in his 2 EPL games this season
Playing for Man city is different from playing for Torino and westham. I'm sure he would have fared better than Bravo. If De Gea is keeping for westham, he will be conceding like a basket too.
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by VargasVee(m): 9:05pm On Aug 24, 2017
andrew444:

Jesus navas and negredo never flopped at city,how many games did negredo started,he still managed 9 goals,how many England players have flourished outside the EPL? please name 4 and I will name 20 Spanish players who did well in the EPL

McManaman, becks, lineker, Cunningham.

Point is English players do not move abroad, why move when Epl is the most competitive?

Unlike other nationalities like Spain and others who move virtually across every league
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by erosimo(m): 9:07pm On Aug 24, 2017
Lalas247:

Wen I see the group I begin twerk ...
excited much

What group is Arsenal cheesy. Men can't wait for the next match .. make I no kuku talk lipsrsealed

Up liverpool
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by andrew444(m): 9:08pm On Aug 24, 2017
VargasVee:

McManaman, becks, lineker, Cunningham.

Point is English players do not move abroad, why move when Epl is the most competitive?

Unlike other nationalities like Spain and others who move virtually across every league

And Spanish league is not competitive but they always flourish in Europe competition likewise the competitive EPL
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by Ximenez(m): 9:08pm On Aug 24, 2017
andrew444:

English players I mean,xabi alonso was bought from real soceidad to Liverpool,so don't doubt him,Spanish players who did well in EPL.
Diego costa,llorente,Juan mata,David silva,fabregas,Michu,oriol romeu,Montreal,azpilicueta,I can mention more but let me stop here
You mean players of English nationality? If yes, i agree with you
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by NSK4U(m): 9:08pm On Aug 24, 2017
Do your Registration and Training for all INTERNATIONAL EXAMS including TOEFL, IELTS, GMAT, SAT1, GRE, PTE, SAT2. @

GLOBAL VISION INTERNATIONAL
EDUCATION & TRAVELS.

We accept ZERO DEPOSIT { ie Get your VISA to America, Canada, France, UK, etc from us before you pay} from our clients that wish to go on vacation, work, or visit any of the aforementioned countries and more. for further info, call/whatsap us via 08145705687.
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by andrew444(m): 9:09pm On Aug 24, 2017
Ximenez:
Playing for Man city is different from playing for Torino and westham. I'm sure he would have fared better than Bravo. If De Gea is keeping for westham, he will be conceding like a basket too.

Lol bravo na basket sha
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by cstr1000: 9:09pm On Aug 24, 2017
andrew444:

When they bought those players , they were not world class.
Tell barcelona to go buy EPL players like ola aina, stones, drinkwater, onomah e.t.c. and develop them to world class standard like EPL did for xabi alonso.
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by andrew444(m): 9:10pm On Aug 24, 2017
Ximenez:
You mean players of English nationality? If yes, i agree with you

Confirm bro that's what I meant
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by Pusyiter(m): 9:16pm On Aug 24, 2017
chei....na group E wey dey ooooo
mukina2:
Group A: Benfica, Manchester United, Basel, CSKA Moscow

Group B: Bayern Munich, Paris Saint-Germain, Anderlecht, Celtic

Group C: Chelsea, Atletico Madrid, Roma, Qarabag

Group D: Juventus, Barcelona, Olympiakos, Sporting

Group E: Spartak Moscow, Sevilla, Liverpool, Maribor

Group F: Shakhtar Donetsk, Manchester City, Napoli, Feyenoord

Group G: Monaco, Porto, Besiktas, RB Leipzig

Group H: Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Tottenham, APOEL
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by comrChris(m): 9:16pm On Aug 24, 2017
More reason chelsea board have to act fast before this transfer window closes, this group is not smilling..

Wish them the best sha
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by kahaled1(m): 9:18pm On Aug 24, 2017
zicoraads:
Chelsea and Athletico would qualify from their group. Nothing to fear in Athleti. They are not as good as they used to be cool

but they will beat the hell out of chelsea
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by andrew444(m): 9:18pm On Aug 24, 2017
cstr1000:

Tell barcelona to go buy EPL players like ola aina, stones, drinkwater, onomah e.t.c. and develop them to world class standard like EPL did for xabi alonso.

And EPL develop iniesta to world class?epl develop Modric to world class,EPL develop Ramos to world class,busquets and co,this are Spanish breed players,EPL cannot breed fellow English players.

No Barca go come buy iwobi self
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by Bimpe29: 9:20pm On Aug 24, 2017
Is going to be a thrilling season. I tip Manchester United and Real Madrid for final.
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by andrew444(m): 9:22pm On Aug 24, 2017
cstr1000:

So drinkwater and stones are world class players?lol,you are so funny,dats why England hardly win major trophy,even as good as aspilicueta,he can't make the Spain team,but he will walk easily to The English team
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by Nobody: 9:22pm On Aug 24, 2017
Phi001:

I'm not even a Liverpool fan but they carried the cup in 2005, Man Utd carried it last in 2008...

Stop shouting as if Man Utd. won it last year...It's been 9 years...

Relative to Liverpool, Utd carried it more recently. Which is better undecided

Doesn't mean a whole lot, but it is what it is. Conclusion: Utd's record is a shade better
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by Phi001(m): 9:26pm On Aug 24, 2017
EasyWork001:

Relative to Liverpool, Utd carried it more recently. Which is better undecided

Doesn't mean a whole lot, but it is what it is. Conclusion: Utd's record is a shade better
Are shade 1 black and shade 2 black not both black?

Based on this analogy, Chelsea carried it more recently and are therefore a shade better...
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by adamsdami: 9:28pm On Aug 24, 2017
cheesy
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by adamsdami: 9:29pm On Aug 24, 2017
cool cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Roma Vs Barcelona UCL (3 - 0) On 10th April 2018 / Liverpool vs Chelsea: UEFA Super Cup (2(5) - (4) 2) On 14th August 2019 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.