Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,183 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:31 AM

Does The Job Market Discriminate? Your Voice Is Needed - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Does The Job Market Discriminate? Your Voice Is Needed (4900 Views)

The Guide To Succeeding In A Terrible Job Market / How Important Is Getting A Professional Certificate In Nigerian Job Market?? / Lady Reveals She Slept With A Manager During An Interview And Got The Job! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does The Job Market Discriminate? Your Voice Is Needed by Alexdon200089: 9:55am On Aug 31, 2017
wunmi590:

Honestly, without sugar coating, I must say it is the number one and number three, from,the chart

I will use you as an example, whenever you advertise job, you always demand for age between 23-27, which gives alot of people headache to apply for your job.

Honestly I can't say because I am jobless, I should now go and join those who are reducing thier age illegally to apply for job.

Lastly, experience is another thing, telling a fresh graduate to have 2-3years experience, from where?

Nobody can have experience if he or she have not been giving an opportunity to show thier skills.

Finally, my application have been withdrawn severally by your organization just because of my age, and experience.

I wonder how you expect a Fresh graduate to gain experience when he/she have never been given opportunity to work!!You can only give what you have, you can't give what you don't have embarassed

That's why good fatherism and connection is the order of the day!!A friend of mine got a Job in Murtala Mohammed Airport only because of signature from the then deputy governor of Ebonyi state now the governor!!!
Just the man's signature and the guy is as good as getting the job, even when he was rejected @first.....

Wonder why our politicians won't strive in their corrupt practices, when the masses have make them the demi-god

1 Like

Re: Does The Job Market Discriminate? Your Voice Is Needed by wunmi590(m): 10:09am On Aug 31, 2017
Alexdon200089:

I wonder how you expect a Fresh graduate to gain experience when he/she have never been given opportunity to work!!You can only give what you have, you can't give what you don't have embarassed

That's why good fatherism and connection is the order of the day!!A friend of mine got a Job in Murtala Mohammed Airport only because of signature from the then deputy governor of Ebonyi state now the governor!!!
Just the man's signature and the guy is as good as getting the job, even when he was rejected @first.....

Wonder why our politicians won't strive in their corrupt practices, when the masses have make them the demi-god

God bless you my brother, God should just help us in this country.

2 Likes

Re: Does The Job Market Discriminate? Your Voice Is Needed by poshpimkiey(f): 10:56am On Aug 31, 2017
Experience and age. Some firms go as far as complexion
Re: Does The Job Market Discriminate? Your Voice Is Needed by PearlStreet(m): 11:19am On Aug 31, 2017
poshpimkiey:
Experience and age. Some firms go as far as complexion

Zenith Bank.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nbplc Itf Neca Nigerian Breweries / How Can One Get A Letter From A Senator/hor/governor/general? / Starling Bank Test Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.