Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

A Candid Letter to RE-EVALUATE NL To Mr. Seun Osewa - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / A Candid Letter to RE-EVALUATE NL To Mr. Seun Osewa (498 Views)

Nairaland Owner, Seun Osewa Begs For Twitter Verification; Confused Over Process / Dear Mr Seun Osewa.....this Problem Needs To Be Solved. / Mr Seun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Candid Letter to RE-EVALUATE NL To Mr. Seun Osewa by Cherez: 7:51am On Aug 24, 2017
Dear Mr. SEUN,
Much respect to your foresight on developing this great site that unifies all media in the country.
However, I want to point out some critical issues with the Nairaland of today with the Nairaland then.
11. Nairaland used to be a one stop point of news for me. Rather visit the punch, vanguard and other online papers individually and sift out the news I want, Nairaland does it for me so I preferred it. But today, one hardly gets all the happening in Nigeria and other parts of the world rather we see topics like, "I killed snake in. my backyard", "Young black guy married old oyinbo lady". Not as if these should be eschewed but we see more of it than the educative and informative ones.
2. On this second issue, PLEASE IN GOD's name listen to me with objectivity and without bias.
I am 100% IGBO and I have been against NK and his IRRESPONSIBLE ways but I BELIEVE SECESSION IS A RIGHT AND NEVER A CRIME ANYWHERE in the world. So blocking off all topics that promotes Biafra is wrong.
And it baffles me why the MODs will ban anything on Biafra but will not ban a certain MUSLIM FANATIC by name "TRULYSALAFIYYAH" who author posts of gross killing directives and opposition on PMB, SLS, GEJ based on same religious grounds linked to Shekau (See two of his posts [https://www.nairaland.com/4008518/how-free-land-palestine-sheikh https://www.nairaland.com/4008514/ten-nullifiers-islam-tmc-members])
3. The ethnic, politiical and religious hatred and hate speeches in NL is just too much. I have thought of a solution bit could not come up. with anyone but II know someone out there may have the key. Mr. SEUN, NL IS FANNING THE FLAMES OF DISUNITY AMONGST NIGERIANS MUCH WORSE THAN YOU MAY KNOW IT..
I TELL YOU IF I WANT TO TURN A PATRIOT INTO A TRIBALISTIC CITIZEN,IT WILL ONLY TAKE ME INTRODUCING HIM TO? NL AND REST WILL BE HISTORY.
NL ALMOST CHANGED ME. but now I read all those Igbos & AFONJAS jabs, laugh it off and move on.
PLEASE, DON'T SHUT PEOPLE DOWN BUT A SYSTEM THAT PROMOTES LOVE AMONGST US CAN DO IT, WHERE PEOPLE CAN DEBATE WITH A SOUND MIND RATHER THAN RANCOUR AND BITTERNESS.
NL CAN BE THAT SEED THAT GERMINATES THE NEW NIGERIA.
Thanks Mr. SEUN OSEWA for creating a platform like this.

1 Like

Re: A Candid Letter to RE-EVALUATE NL To Mr. Seun Osewa by JohnNgene: 8:35am On Aug 25, 2017
I think the Afonja vs Igbo war on Nairaland is just too funny. The irony is that in real life, Igbo and Yoruba coexist better than Igbo and Hausa. Yet a foreign visitor to this forum will think otherwise. Could it be because few Hausa have access to or interest in the internet and therefore can't start a Y*amiri vs A*boki war? Lol.

I also think that in fairness to Seun, Biafra news still make front-page here. Wasn't it recently I saw "Defeat me with superior argument not AK47 -Nnamdi Kanu" headline here on Nairaland. That post alone portrayed Nnamdi Kanu as a sensible activist in the ranks of Mahatma Ghandi and Nelson Mandela. Lol.

Though I understand why Seun would decide to be anti-Biafra and pro-Nigeria. Such stance is only in the overall business-interest of Nairaland.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

SAD! 'world’s Heaviest Woman' Is Dead / Fiji Rocked By TWO Earthquakes Measuring 6.5 And 5.1 Magnitude / 80 Best Inspiring Quotes By Michael Sunday Michael

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.