Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,229 members, 7,836,108 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

Boko Haram Terrorists Ambush Soldiers In Borno, Scores Feared Killed - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Terrorists Ambush Soldiers In Borno, Scores Feared Killed (30821 Views)

Soldiers Repel Boko Haram Attack In Borno, Scores Killed / Boko Haram Attacks Damboa In Borno. Scores Feared Dead / Boko Haram Attacks Governor Shettima's Convoy In Borno, Many Feared Killed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram Terrorists Ambush Soldiers In Borno, Scores Feared Killed by EzeCanada: 1:49am On Aug 25, 2017
Thatlonevoice:
IBB.... U NEVER TIRE??
NA BUHARI WEE DE OOO..
NO BE JONATHAN OO..

NA DADDY BUBUU

Words of a wise man
Re: Boko Haram Terrorists Ambush Soldiers In Borno, Scores Feared Killed by 400billionman: 3:28am On Aug 25, 2017
JONNYSPUTE:
Not again.Thought we ve technically defeated bokoharam. Where is lie Muhammed when u need him?

Yes. we have defeated Boko Technically Knock out..

Our next agenda is FIGHTING HATE SPEECH.
Re: Boko Haram Terrorists Ambush Soldiers In Borno, Scores Feared Killed by mikolo4us: 6:07am On Aug 25, 2017
TWO YEAR COUNTING......BOKO HAS NOT BEEN CRUSHED.
Re: Boko Haram Terrorists Ambush Soldiers In Borno, Scores Feared Killed by Cannonleo(m): 7:47am On Aug 25, 2017
ehie:
terrible,boko haram may destroy the north
that is not the NA biko, that is the malian army engaging AQIM in kidal
Re: Boko Haram Terrorists Ambush Soldiers In Borno, Scores Feared Killed by teniboss(m): 8:43am On Aug 25, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:
lol

Perfect cheesy cheesy cheesy

If it is to monitor on social media, they will be fuming through their ass!!

If it to shoot IPBOS, they will be forming bad gang

If it to lie that Boko Haram has been destroyed, they will be claiming senior men!

Foolish useless senseless Military assholes!! cheesy
must you comment.....all this bloody civilians.....men are out there giving their lifes for your safety and you're here spewing rubbish.....i don't blame you
Re: Boko Haram Terrorists Ambush Soldiers In Borno, Scores Feared Killed by komekn(m): 8:56am On Aug 25, 2017
Hi
jpphilips:

Very valid points, the last time I checked, this ambush thing has been a challenge since 2yrs ago, time enough for the army authorities to have a solution.
While I agree that IFVs can solve the problem. I agree more with the guy you quoted.
We have approx 70k Infantry and amoured corps guys, should we provide effective transport at $5m for one IFV, the cost will be enormous.
On the flip side, we can purchase a long endurance recon drone that must scan the area before movement, our attack helos can rain fire if any concentration is spotted, it doesn't matter if there are moles.

Another way of mitigating that is last minute itinerary change and last minute troop reassignment, I feel sorry for this guys.They are dying for nothing!!

How much does it cost to procure one armoured vehicle

Currently the ratio of fit for purpose armoured vehicles to soft skinned wholly inadequate not fit for purpose is in excess of a ratio of 100:1 that is totally MADNESS.

Consider the perversity, do you know how much our senators and other government officials spend on armoured luxury vehicles. To drive in the relative serene peaceful environment of Abuja it's sickening if you know.

Procurement is about best value and the most effective use of your resources for the highest level of outcome delivery.

Driving around in a soft skinned pick-up trucks into kill zone with IED's, RPG7's and every deranged Boko idiot with AK47 seeking to go to heaven to find his 46 Virgins. Is simply SUICIDAL.

I cannot understand we send out combatants on expensive training courses around the world, then we give them antiquated AK47's without optic sights in the majority. To sit in the back of sift skinned pick-up trucks to be target practice for Boko deranged idiots.

When there was a sudden shift in the fortunes of the NA under GEJ, when they procured barely 20 units of antiquated tokunboh T72 tanks. It was crazy spending in excess $300k per unit, it could be much more cause they try to hide that information. They know most people are highly ignorant of military procurement costs and strategy.

The T72 without upgrades is just dirt cheap so cheap that Hungary donated 77 to Iraq for $00000 yes nothing.

There are many options and minimal cost that will give us clear cut advantage. That can easily put an end to the brazen and fearless way Boko now ambushes the NA without restraint.

Every Nigerian combatant should be in an armoured vehicle and we should have at least 200 IFV's in our inventory.

Just to get perspective we probably do not have more than 65 serviceable MBT's by my estimation and that includes the 1980's Vickers tanks that is abysmal. I could say more but I dont want to completely disillusion us.

To get things in perspective Algeria, Egypt and Sudan have over 3000 units of MBT(main battle tank) in thier inventories. Sudan actually in partnership with Iran produces s variant of the T72.

Compare that to us.
Re: Boko Haram Terrorists Ambush Soldiers In Borno, Scores Feared Killed by komekn(m): 9:05am On Aug 25, 2017
jpphilips:

Very valid points, the last time I checked, this ambush thing has been a challenge since 2yrs ago, time enough for the army authorities to have a solution.
While I agree that IFVs can solve the problem. I agree more with the guy you quoted.
We have approx 70k Infantry and amoured corps guys, should we provide effective transport at $5m for one IFV, the cost will be enormous.
On the flip side, we can purchase a long endurance recon drone that must scan the area before movement, our attack helos can rain fire if any concentration is spotted, it doesn't matter if there are moles.

Another way of mitigating that is last minute itinerary change and last minute troop reassignment, I feel sorry for this guys.They are dying for nothing!!

Dude I do civilian procurement across Europe although heavy equipment refurbished and new.

I can 100% get an effective fit for purpose tracked refurbished with night fighting capability and target acquisition software for 10% of the costs you project.

However, our senior Bro and Father CORRUPTION will not allow that to happen.
Re: Boko Haram Terrorists Ambush Soldiers In Borno, Scores Feared Killed by ja2ken(m): 4:50pm On Aug 26, 2017
jpphilips:

Do you have any proof of that?
U r just being pathetically ignorant..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

$2.1bn Arms Deals: N1.5bn Traced To Ex-minister’s Son-the Nation / Adamu, Orji Uzor Kalu Emerge Senate Leader, Chief Whip / 16,000 Sign Petition Demanding Tinubu’s Probe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.