Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,656 members, 7,809,479 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:19 AM

16,000 Sign Petition Demanding Tinubu’s Probe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 16,000 Sign Petition Demanding Tinubu’s Probe (30696 Views)

I Did Not Call For Tinubu’s Probe – House Committee Chairman Gagdi / Tribunal: Over 100 Nigerians Sign Petition Demanding Justice / Tinubu’s Probe Ongoing — Abdulrasheed Bawa, EFCC Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

16,000 Sign Petition Demanding Tinubu’s Probe by Islie: 12:30pm On Aug 28, 2020
Over 16,000 people have signed a petition on Change.Org calling on the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission to investigate All Progressives Congress leader, Bola Tinubu.

The petition, which was started a week ago by Reno Omokri, a former aide to ex-President Goodluck Jonathan, had garnered 16, 243 signatures as of 9.30 am on Friday.

The petition is titled, ‘Calling on the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission to investigate Bola Tinubu for contravening the Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act of 2011, by having bullion vans ferry alleged large sums of money into his house on the eve of the 2019 Presidential election’.

Omokri wrote, “Dear citizens of Nigeria, let’s take our country back by signing this petition to compel the EFCC to investigate and prosecute Bola Tinubu for contravening the Money Laundering Act, by ferrying bullion vans into his house. Don’t say ‘na today’, or ‘leave matter’.

“We as Nigerians must stop confusing cynicism for wisdom. If we do not fight for our country, who will? George Floyd’s death sparked a revolution in America and we joined. We did not say ‘na today’, or ‘leave matter’. You and I can make a difference with this petition. #EFCCMustInvestigateTinubu.”

Tinubu had while responding to questions on the bullion vans in his home, said he was free to give anyone money since he was holding no government position.

He had said, “Is it my money or government money? I don’t work for the government. I am not in an agency of government and let anybody come out and say I have taken any contract from the government of President Mohammed Buhari, APC in the last five years.

“They should prove it. I am on my own and I’m committed to my party. So, even if I have money to spend on my premises, what is your headache? Excuse me, if I don’t represent any agency of government and if I have money to spend…., if I have money, if I like I give it to the people free of charge, as long as is not to buy votes…..who are those watching my house looking for bullion vans? They must be mischief-makers.”

Several groups had in the last one year submitted petitions to the EFCC demanding Tinubu’s probe but there has been no official reaction from the EFCC.

The Convener, Concerned Nigerians, Deji Adeyanju; Ariyo-Dare Atoye of the Coalition in Defence of Nigerian Democracy and Constitution and Adebayo Raphael of the Free Nigeria Movement as well as many others had written the EFCC calling for Tinubu’s probe.

Adeyanju’s The petition noted that Section 7 (1) (b) of the EFCC Establishment Act 2004 gives the commission the power to investigate properties of any person that appears to the commission that the person’s lifestyle and extent of the properties are not justified by his source of income.

It added, “To the best of our knowledge, Mr Bola Ahmed Tinubu is a private citizen who ordinarily should not be seen with a convoy of bullion vans.

“The questions begging for answers are: What are Bullion Vans doing in the house of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu? ‪Who owns the content, believing to be cash in the Bullion Vans that were seen entering the house of Bola Ahmed Tinubu on the eve of Nigerian Presidential elections?

“Has the commission, based on its core mandates, investigated the source of the Bullion Vans? ‪Is Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s house, now a bank where bullion vans now take money to?”

PUNCH

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: 16,000 Sign Petition Demanding Tinubu’s Probe by Guidetop12: 12:35pm On Aug 28, 2020
Nice

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 16,000 Sign Petition Demanding Tinubu’s Probe by Nobody: 1:26pm On Aug 28, 2020
Politics Sha! Is he the only one that stole? or are they being sponsored too? Who is bankrolling them? Hypocrisy thrives in Nigeria.

173 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 16,000 Sign Petition Demanding Tinubu’s Probe by Nobody: 1:26pm On Aug 28, 2020
Mind you, I don't support corruption but I hate hypocrisy. Don't fight tinubu alone, FIGHT ALL. Don't be one-sided

191 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 16,000 Sign Petition Demanding Tinubu’s Probe by olaboy33(m): 3:59pm On Aug 28, 2020
Islie:

Adeyanju’s The petition noted that Section 7 (1) (b) of the EFCC Establishment Act 2004 gives the commission the power to investigate properties of any person that appears to the commission that the person’s lifestyle and extent of the properties are not justified by his source of income.

Yeye Petition.
When would the 16000 who signed write to Efcc to probe those they voted into power instead of private citizens.

By the way, dear 16000s, should be start listing sources of income of Asiwaju BAT as you've all noted above?..

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 16,000 Sign Petition Demanding Tinubu’s Probe by bro4u: 3:59pm On Aug 28, 2020
See them above all saying others should be probed as well, these guys will never seize to amaze me angry angry angry

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 16,000 Sign Petition Demanding Tinubu’s Probe by Nobody: 3:59pm On Aug 28, 2020
Politricks grin

2 Likes

Re: 16,000 Sign Petition Demanding Tinubu’s Probe by Basit46: 3:59pm On Aug 28, 2020
sbaks:
Mind you, I don't support corruption but I hate hypocrisy. Don't fight tinubu alone, FIGHT ALL. Don't be one-sided
we should start from him

207 Likes 16 Shares

Re: 16,000 Sign Petition Demanding Tinubu’s Probe by LegendHero(m): 4:00pm On Aug 28, 2020
“ Tinubu had while responding to questions on the bullion vans in his home, said he was free to give anyone money since he was holding no government position.

He had said, “Is it my money or government money? I don’t work for the government. I am not in an agency of government and let anybody come out and say I have taken any contract from the government of President Mohammed Buhari, APC in the last five years.

“They should prove it. I am on my own and I’m committed to my party. So, even if I have money to spend on my premises, what is your headache? Excuse me, if I don’t represent any agency of government and if I have money to spend…., if I have money, if I like I give it to the people free of charge, as long as is not to buy votes…..who are those watching my house looking for bullion vans? They must be mischief-makers.”

170 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 16,000 Sign Petition Demanding Tinubu’s Probe by ableguy(m): 4:00pm On Aug 28, 2020
This is serious.

meanwhile.

BOY: Hi
GIRL: What?
BOY: How are you?
GIRL: Do I know you?
BOY: I am RICH.
GIRL: OOh! My name is Mary
but you can call me "BABY". Am
19 and I stay in Lavington. I love
short, dark men especially like
you, am glad to meet you. So
when are we going out?
BOY: No! No! No! Rich is my
name. I meant short form of
Richard.
GIRL: Sorry I don't talk to
strangers.
*winks*
Lolz
grin

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: 16,000 Sign Petition Demanding Tinubu’s Probe by PureGoldh(m): 4:00pm On Aug 28, 2020
Issoryt..so far say the person wey dem wan probe dey the ruling party.....e go get as their matter go be

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 16,000 Sign Petition Demanding Tinubu’s Probe by Plkm24: 4:01pm On Aug 28, 2020
sbaks:
Re: 16,000 Sign Petition Demanding Tinubu’s Probe by Pharmmaqp: 4:01pm On Aug 28, 2020
How many petition did he call for mama peace. Hypocrites angry

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 16,000 Sign Petition Demanding Tinubu’s Probe by crossfm: 4:01pm On Aug 28, 2020
We are waking up from our slumber in this country. Let's call all the yam eaters out from every part of the country.

No more this thief is our own thief. A thief is a thief regardless of his tribe,political party,religion or affiliation.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 16,000 Sign Petition Demanding Tinubu’s Probe by AristocraticMe: 4:01pm On Aug 28, 2020
A day like this will definitely come.
Even the Roman Empire fell, the Chinese Emperor was disposed......... there will come a time Tinubu's relevance will be relegated...... Power in Lagos will be shifted............. it is just a matter of time......

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: 16,000 Sign Petition Demanding Tinubu’s Probe by VintageJob(m): 4:01pm On Aug 28, 2020
It is well.

Get your professional business 3D logo for just 3k only and get all the following.
1, Watermark(transparent background logo)
2. 3D logo mockup
3. PDF file of your logo
4. JPEG file and raw file of your logo
5. Tutorials on how you can add your logo to pictures or videos.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

1 Like

Re: 16,000 Sign Petition Demanding Tinubu’s Probe by techmo(m): 4:01pm On Aug 28, 2020
grin

Mumukiri

9 Likes

Re: 16,000 Sign Petition Demanding Tinubu’s Probe by Nobody: 4:02pm On Aug 28, 2020
Maybe when Nicki Minaj announce her virginity na when Buhari go probe am.

10 Likes

Re: 16,000 Sign Petition Demanding Tinubu’s Probe by Nobody: 4:02pm On Aug 28, 2020
Okay

Tinubu had while responding to questions on the bullion vans in his home, said he was free to give anyone money since he was holding no government position.

You are assuming someone stole, where are the evidences?

Gullibility at its peak.

Except witch-hunt, You can't only hold him up on how he suddenly got richer after ExxonMobil.

Did Lagos State government tie him up to any corrupt practice?

He smuggled drugs.... Are you USA?

It is sad that people like Reno dwell on controversies to live. What are the legality EFCC can grab him with? Just mention one

We are just using our prejudice mind to Mar our own society, a society we already know how it works. The law can work for and with you if you work with money

"I must trend, so I must do one crazy thing, the society will follow me"

My question is, What can you nail Tinubu on using our own Law and way of life?

Drabeey was Here

3 Likes

Re: 16,000 Sign Petition Demanding Tinubu’s Probe by raumdeuter: 4:02pm On Aug 28, 2020
How many petitions did Omokri open to investigate Jonathan Atiku and the people bankrolling him

132 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 16,000 Sign Petition Demanding Tinubu’s Probe by perdollar(m): 4:02pm On Aug 28, 2020
pls were n how do one sign? I promise to bring 1m signatory if dt wl send Tinubu to awolowo

3 Likes

Re: 16,000 Sign Petition Demanding Tinubu’s Probe by PDPdestroyer(m): 4:02pm On Aug 28, 2020
This is a classic case of leaving your own house burning while quenching the fire in another man's abode grin
When will Reno open petition about the on-going sleaze consuming his Niger-Delta region?
Well, this is a wasted effort in futility, Jagaban is unshaken cool

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 16,000 Sign Petition Demanding Tinubu’s Probe by titiakins: 4:02pm On Aug 28, 2020
I wont be surprise that buhari is the sponsor of the petitions

una never sign petition to probe buhari wey una elect put for there na tinubu

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 16,000 Sign Petition Demanding Tinubu’s Probe by WaistPain(m): 4:02pm On Aug 28, 2020
Make that 16,002 cos me and my girlfriend we're ready to sign now now now!!

AND SOMEONE SHOW ME WHERE THE DAMN PETITION BOX IS
angry angry

4 Likes 1 Share

undecided

1 Like

Re: 16,000 Sign Petition Demanding Tinubu’s Probe by kalu61(m): 4:03pm On Aug 28, 2020
Thay want to demarket this man before time.

Tinubu public image has already being subject of debate over time. Bring this to fore as 2023 approaches is like presenting Izu iyamu to Edo state.

However, if the cabal anoits him. Who am l

3 Likes

Re: 16,000 Sign Petition Demanding Tinubu’s Probe by titiakins: 4:03pm On Aug 28, 2020
mr where are the cows?
Re: 16,000 Sign Petition Demanding Tinubu’s Probe by rawpadgin(m): 4:03pm On Aug 28, 2020
I am even shocked its still just 16,000

Every sensable Nigerians should sign it asap

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 16,000 Sign Petition Demanding Tinubu’s Probe by Nobody: 4:03pm On Aug 28, 2020
Noted

72 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Mega Party: ADP Zones Party Positions, Registers Next Week / Tony Nwulu Celebrates 38th Birthday With Family & Legislative Assistants (Photos / Water Scarcity In Enugu: Long Queues Sighted In Most Parts Of The State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.