Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,775 members, 7,810,021 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:48 PM

How Much Salary Is Enough Salary In This Economy - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Much Salary Is Enough Salary In This Economy (26551 Views)

How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria; this Year 2023? / How Much Salary Increase Is Good Enough To Relocate To Another State In Nigeria? / How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Salary Is Enough Salary In This Economy by jojothaiv(m): 8:23am On Aug 25, 2017
surely22:

What is Fair That amount is very Okay for a Brother like me. angry. Its all about Discipline.
I sure say you no read wetin i quote sha!

With discipline 1.2M is more than enough!

2 Likes

Re: How Much Salary Is Enough Salary In This Economy by dotun365: 8:24am On Aug 25, 2017
No amount can be enough. As your earnings rise, your tastes and expenses rise with it. It is now your job to ensure that your tastes don't push you to the point of being greedy enough to do the wrong things in order to earn money.

5 Likes

Re: How Much Salary Is Enough Salary In This Economy by jojothaiv(m): 8:25am On Aug 25, 2017
surely22:

Lmao. kiss. I tell u man.
Na billionaire ambition you go dey see now!
Re: How Much Salary Is Enough Salary In This Economy by jojothaiv(m): 8:25am On Aug 25, 2017
surely22:

Lmao. kiss. I tell u man.

Na billionaire ambition you go dey see now!

Bad as e bad better days ahead bro
Re: How Much Salary Is Enough Salary In This Economy by Nobody: 8:25am On Aug 25, 2017
NextGovernor:
I still wonder how people manage 100k job ooo....
With 1.2mil a month I still feel I am not meeting up. I spend more than 2/3 of that a month.

Not that I am married, don't give parents money becos na them go even give me, dont play bet or gamble. Sometime I just tire for myself. I need to cut down expenses and do away with alot of junk and extravangant friends I have...
1.2m is not enough for you in a month, then its either you have spending fever or there is a side chick eating your money grin.
Re: How Much Salary Is Enough Salary In This Economy by Nobody: 8:30am On Aug 25, 2017
Flashh:
I know of someone collecting millions monthly as salary; but lacks money maintenance.

Doesn't depend on how huge your salary is, but how you can handle it, be it small or big.
Civil servants don't earn much but they achieve a lot, its not about the money, but its about how you cut your coat according to your cloth.

Living offcamp have taught me that, some students will get double of your pocket money and within few weeks, you see them begging you for money and you begin to wonder.

Some people have spending fever and they can't control impulse buying.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Salary Is Enough Salary In This Economy by Sard(m): 8:30am On Aug 25, 2017
joey150:
Never you..read stuff here and feel bad or guilty.. Folks lie all the time to soothe their ego.

Word of advice

This is the best advice everyone viewing this thread should not overlook.
However, why people lie just to soothe their ego on a faceless forum like this is what I don't understand.

7 Likes

Re: How Much Salary Is Enough Salary In This Economy by kazzy4u(m): 8:30am On Aug 25, 2017
imagine you still see work of 100+ you they complain... Continue..
Re: How Much Salary Is Enough Salary In This Economy by megola: 8:40am On Aug 25, 2017
grin grin grin
anochuko01:
Tatty Billion!
Re: How Much Salary Is Enough Salary In This Economy by Gerrard59(m): 8:40am On Aug 25, 2017
Simply depends on your standard of living and the cost of living in your environment. They are intertwined.

Verdict: No specific amount.
Re: How Much Salary Is Enough Salary In This Economy by pendragon35(m): 8:48am On Aug 25, 2017
Imagine,see men complaining of 300k a month and am here treking the whole of Owerri for a 20k job just to support my education.
God help my life,my case isn't different na,all ma mates don pass me!
Re: How Much Salary Is Enough Salary In This Economy by donqx: 8:53am On Aug 25, 2017
just manage
Re: How Much Salary Is Enough Salary In This Economy by Happyfellow147: 9:06am On Aug 25, 2017
Please sir, assist me get a better job.
I'm a First Class graduate of Accounting and I earn less than 100k a month.
I would send my cv on request.
Thanks
NextGovernor:
With 1.2mil a month I still feel I am not meeting up. I spend more than 2/3 of that a month.

Not that I am married, don't give parents money becos na them go even give me, dont play bet or gamble. Sometime I just tire for myself. I need to cut down expenses and do away with alot of junk and extravangant friends I have...
Re: How Much Salary Is Enough Salary In This Economy by Nobody: 9:09am On Aug 25, 2017
joey150:
Never you..read stuff here and feel bad or guilty.. Folks lie all the time to soothe their ego.

Word of advice
They are out to make low salary earners feel bad about themselves when everyone knows it is hard getting a job of N50k these days.

I pity those who would take them serious.

Imagine someone saying he barely survives on N300k monthly salary grin

5 Likes

Re: How Much Salary Is Enough Salary In This Economy by dfrost: 9:09am On Aug 25, 2017
fuckerstard:
100K to 150K per month is not bad, you just need to maintain your level.

Don't bite what you can't chew. Your wife should also support with whatever she makes except if she's gat nothing doing.

Once a man decides to get married, he assumes responsibility for his wife. He shouldn't rely on the wife's income. If she earns, then that's a plus for the family.

A poster said it all: live within your means. 150k? Op your own better nah. Some people nova get

2 Likes

Re: How Much Salary Is Enough Salary In This Economy by nairaimporter: 9:11am On Aug 25, 2017
NextGovernor:

Hey, can i be your friend too?

wink cool tongue
Re: How Much Salary Is Enough Salary In This Economy by udemejack(m): 9:19am On Aug 25, 2017
jojothaiv:

You go see how dem go avoid you like mosquito!
bros this life is not fair.
I am even looking for even becoming a cleaner or anything.i just need something to help in paying my school fees and other bills.
Being a 'one man army' is not easy.
Just wish tha someone will heed to my plea
Re: How Much Salary Is Enough Salary In This Economy by policy12: 9:22am On Aug 25, 2017
NextGovernor:

Bros I beg I need job if u can help, have 2.1 in pub Adm and Msc in view.
Re: How Much Salary Is Enough Salary In This Economy by abnot: 9:23am On Aug 25, 2017
I'm not sure how one can survive on 150K in abuja or Lagos. In 2015 I was making 202K a month (Not paying rent) and I was more buoyant. I use to go out lounging or clubbing every friday evening, I was using cabs everywhere I went to, I had a gym membership, DSTV was always active , i flew to abuja and accra very frequently for weekends and I never ran short of fuel on my GEN.

Today with that same amount (I now own a car also) I no longer find it affordable to maintain my gym membership, my dstv subscription is off/on, I only buy fuel for my car and I find it difficult to buy flight tickets for mere leisure sake.

Bottom line, the naira has lost its value by more than 30% over the last two years.

Mr. 150k is enough for a man with his wife and a kid, are you sure you are living well ? Because many people in nigeria dont seem to know the meaning of living well due to their long exposure to hardship and sufferings.

5 Likes

Re: How Much Salary Is Enough Salary In This Economy by Giannakopoulos(f): 9:24am On Aug 25, 2017
Most people saying minimum of 350k, 250k etc are not employed. You need to know that 60percent of working class Nigerians are on average salary of 60-150k per month. Do not limit your decisions to social media comments.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Salary Is Enough Salary In This Economy by Klington: 9:24am On Aug 25, 2017
tarti billion only shocked shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Salary Is Enough Salary In This Economy by agrovick(m): 9:27am On Aug 25, 2017
No amount is enough; the more you have, the more you want.

The marginal utility of money is always on the increase. Financial prudence is key

2 Likes

Re: How Much Salary Is Enough Salary In This Economy by Kingdolo(m): 9:29am On Aug 25, 2017
yemmit90:
A man collecting 150k/month with a wife and just a child coming here to complain is simply seeking for attention.

150k is more than enough for family of 3 to live comfortably even if your house rent is 30k/month.
You think so? , come dey PH with your 150k

1 Like

Re: How Much Salary Is Enough Salary In This Economy by ndividual: 9:36am On Aug 25, 2017
sgtponzihater1:
Few month back I got a job of a little close to 150k and I came to nairaland rejoicing, few weeks from then I had rejected a job of 100k. This job promised to raise my amount by about nearly 30k if I stay a full year, then promote me every 2years afterwards. I however don't feel I am earning enough and I'm always at the verge of quitting and facing my many innovations, as I currently run several side stuffs to keep my self afloat. I however get home at times 10pm (though close 3pm, at most 4pm) and I mostly have to be at work by 8am

How much money is enough money for a married man with one kid. I was discussing with a colleague today and he kept complaining how he can hardly get by. I also told him I only remained because the job gives a steady source of income and also helps me pursue what I studied in school. It also helps me learn the experience of being able to sustain a private business, as the company has survived for over a decade.

Give ur views as to what a good pay in the current economy.

Sgt Ponzi Hater

Here's my take on it : How much minimum would you need live ideally?

I'm using the dollar as my reference, so:

Before inflation : $1 = 160 Naira
Now : $1 - 360 Naira (225% Increase)

Therefore, to get the same value of 100k before inflation time in present day, you would need to be earning 225,000

Assuming you're putting aside money for rent monthly (lets say 800k divided by 12 months), 66,000

Feeding expenses are usually anywhere from a quarter of your income to half. Choosing half of 225,000: 112,500

Transport? Assuming 30% of 225,000 : 67,000

Adding all of this, we have a total ideal of N470,500

Now, Ask yourself, what level/position within your company would you need to be to be earning that?

While you're asking yourself, lets convert this to dollars at N360 per dollar. That's[b] $1306 a month.[/b]

If you check salary benchmarking sites in others countries you may find out what they earn monthly is way above that.

Example :

Nigerian Salary for Front web developer (approx) : 60k ~ 240k ~ higher which in US dollars is[b] $166 ~ $240 per month[/b]
Arabian Salary for Front web developer (approx), the amount in US Dollars is $1000 to $2000

Conclusion

If you take the lowest amount in an arabian country ($1000), and convert to naira, you'll see its barely enough to sustain you based on our ideal income

We live in a country where we need to almost out-earn international counterparts to put body and soul together, but our economy can't afford to pay us our worth.

5 Likes

Re: How Much Salary Is Enough Salary In This Economy by mightyhazell: 9:37am On Aug 25, 2017
yemmit90:
A man collecting 150k/month with a wife and just a child coming here to complain is simply seeking for attention.

150k is more than enough for family of 3 to live comfortably even if your house rent is 30k/month.
oga,no be only feeding be expenses o.

have u thot of medical bills,power bills,other utility bills,weekend outings n merriment ,clothing's,vehicular expenditures/ transportation plus other family ,religioisand village commitments?

some weeks,I spend over 250k. just a week o!
Re: How Much Salary Is Enough Salary In This Economy by mightyhazell: 9:42am On Aug 25, 2017
EVILFOREST:

My Brother, it's not easy ooo
I work 20hours everyday including weekends...
The SALARY is enough for me but the issue here is when you have so many people around to carter for....especially people sacked by these new generation banks.
I don't have rest in my dictionary.
I believe I will rest in PEACE when I die....
20hrs a day??

u be wallclock

1 Like

Re: How Much Salary Is Enough Salary In This Economy by gohzieh(m): 9:43am On Aug 25, 2017
NextGovernor:

oga i like to be friends with you. i like spending and i can curb it too if i wish.
Re: How Much Salary Is Enough Salary In This Economy by Freethought(m): 10:03am On Aug 25, 2017
sgtponzihater1:
Few month back I got a job of a little close to 150k and I came to nairaland rejoicing, few weeks from then I had rejected a job of 100k. This job promised to raise my amount by about nearly 30k if I stay a full year, then promote me every 2years afterwards. I however don't feel I am earning enough and I'm always at the verge of quitting and facing my many innovations, as I currently run several side stuffs to keep my self afloat. I however get home at times 10pm (though close 3pm, at most 4pm) and I mostly have to be at work by 8am

How much money is enough money for a married man with one kid. I was discussing with a colleague today and he kept complaining how he can hardly get by. I also told him I only remained because the job gives a steady source of income and also helps me pursue what I studied in school. It also helps me learn the experience of being able to sustain a private business, as the company has survived for over a decade.

Give ur views as to what a good pay in the current economy.

Sgt Ponzi Hater

There is no 'enough' or 'not enough' salary, it all depends on how well you can manage money. I have a married friend who earns 30k(i met him when i was a security man), he has two kids and no other side jobs.. When you see his wife and kids, you will think her husband is a bank manager

1 Like

Re: How Much Salary Is Enough Salary In This Economy by lyday60(m): 10:22am On Aug 25, 2017
That is a year salary of some people. U better cut ur cloth according to ur size/cloth.
Re: How Much Salary Is Enough Salary In This Economy by Bigboss111(m): 10:25am On Aug 25, 2017
I think you got it wrong. Salary or monthly earnings depends on individual's commitments, marital status, taste and social class. Single persons spend less money per month if they have few or no dependants. While married individuals spend higher - depending on number of dependants they have.

So, there is no specific limit to the amount required per individual (only on average basis). Thus, considering the economic situation of Nigeria today, a minimum of N150,000.00K per month is needed for an average family to sustain themselves.
Re: How Much Salary Is Enough Salary In This Economy by blesoh(f): 10:27am On Aug 25, 2017
udemejack:
see as people dey mention 300k while i am here roaming the street of calabar looking for even something of 20k to support my education.
Please if you have one you can help a brother.you will definately safe a life through this.
Thank you
I don't really know what is happening to this calabar, nothing is actually working, no jobs at all, if I wasn't married I would have relocated. I pray help comes your way
Re: How Much Salary Is Enough Salary In This Economy by udemejack(m): 10:55am On Aug 25, 2017
blesoh:

I don't really know what is happening to this calabar, nothing is actually working, no jobs at all, if I wasn't married I would have relocated. I pray help comes your way
my brother,it is an unpalatable situation.
Calabar is in a state of comatose,the only things that is still holding me hostage in this town uptil now is my educational pursuit which i am battling daily to make it see the light of the day.the only thing that the town is good is for is enjoyment nothing else.
Please if you hear of any available vacancy around you can reach me cus its not easy.07033671676 Is my digit

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC / Federal Ministry Of Water Resources Port Harcourt Recruitment (Apply Now) / Phillips Outsourcing Invitation For Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.