Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,026 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:54 PM

My Experience With Carlcare Service Center, Uyo - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Experience With Carlcare Service Center, Uyo (21875 Views)

Carlcare Service: The Official Phone Repair Provider For Infinix, TECNO, Itel / Connect With Carlcare Service Nigeria / Carlcare Service Ng: We're Back On Nairaland! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With Carlcare Service Center, Uyo by armadeo(m): 4:55pm On Aug 25, 2017
GrandMufti:
I won't gift my enemy a tecno product. The company na embodiment of fraud.

Op I advise you to sell that new phone they gave you before you start spending unnecessary money on it. Save up and buy a better brand.

After my experience with phantom I swore never again.

Samsung till kingdom come
Re: My Experience With Carlcare Service Center, Uyo by PurestBoy(m): 4:59pm On Aug 25, 2017
chiraqDemon:

Exactly. I prefer to use Nokia torchlight till I have enough money to buy a nice Samsung or HTC or something else. I hate all these companies that just come to naija to dump things. Very substandard products with poor customer care and it's even hard to get parts or repair them. Like I've been using my Samsung j5 for a long time i think more than 2 years now no problems, but all my friends that bought techno or infinix around that time were starting to complain b4 5 months use sef.I remember when a friend yabbed me that I spent more for Samsung when I could have gotten the same features from infinix at a lower price but less than 2 months later he started complaining.

Nothing like Samsung J5, I used mine for over a year before giving it out for J7 Prime, Samsung is simply the best, I'll be switching to Moto G4 Plus next week, I used Moto G3 which is very strong with good battery life and water resistance
Re: My Experience With Carlcare Service Center, Uyo by PurestBoy(m): 5:01pm On Aug 25, 2017
Leopantro:

what an insult. she had the guts to ask you why you wrote the article? no apologies, no remorse, nothing. if that is how carlcare train their customer care sales representatives then that company should relocate back to wherever they came from.
can you imagine? she should thank whatever made her fat that she didn't do such to me,

Crazy and hot tempered person like me could have slapped someone there, the guy na mumu, the day I displayed my madness in a bank, they had to beg me

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience With Carlcare Service Center, Uyo by joepentwo(m): 5:10pm On Aug 25, 2017
U d form Ajebuta, why u no bin vex mad pesin show dem
Re: My Experience With Carlcare Service Center, Uyo by clemmonce(m): 5:33pm On Aug 25, 2017
NCP:
Bro sorry for the nasty experience.

It might interest you to note that these same Can'tCare officials invade the social media space like NL and OverHype all these substandard YunOS powered devices.

This action lead many astray with tons of false information, inaccurate device specs and later dashed expectations from the consumer.

that is how one person came here on nairaland and started comparing tecno to samsung.... I was amazed at his level of ignorance..... I still wonder how people love those kinds of phone......

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Carlcare Service Center, Uyo by clemmonce(m): 5:35pm On Aug 25, 2017
post=59812020:
Lengthy article but totally worth the read.. now to advise ya all.

When they tell u guys to buy Samsung or iphone device u people will reject. See what you faced now.. now sum up all your expenses plus time and see if it is not enough for a good device from those aforementioned brands.

I had similar experience with a Gionee F103 pro with the gionee shop in benin. Took almost 2 whole months to fix the the screen.. when they finally did the mouth piece was not working.

See I advice anybody just stay away from all this companies that have made naija their junkyard.. e.g techno, gionee, infinix, and the likes.

On other notes I get brandnew iphone 7 plus for sale o
God bless you .... when they tell them to buy samsung they will speaking in french.... go for quality and you won't regret it
Re: My Experience With Carlcare Service Center, Uyo by pek(m): 5:48pm On Aug 25, 2017
Repairing a product in the centre is a no for me. Samsung charged me #41,00 to change a board in my TV. Pleaded for #30,000 no way. Took to a technician and did it for #16,000.
Re: My Experience With Carlcare Service Center, Uyo by Babysho(m): 6:00pm On Aug 25, 2017
dMODShavgonemad:
Guy na u dull, all I saw was I had no other choice, u don see where people dey get choice? I can't have u as a friend and not lash u with my tongue. u were totally cheated and trampled on. If Na me I go show them werey, u dash dem balance, u pay more for lower device. Guy u no b Nigerian or e b like say change dey ur hand wella. Yr right is ur right, if dem one try rubbish with u threaten them say u go carry their case online with proof. Abeggi no tell us say dem do u strong thing, Na u cause am

Bros thank you o! I cannot imagine that O.P. He didn't even slap that Grace once because I know how the girls @ Calcare behave - ignorant and nonchalant to one's dilemna.

The moment the O.P said his warranty didn't cover that damage, Ah!! I knew he was about to lose a lot of money and time in a series of inner pain processes.Now he said they want return 400naira after they Gba him of about 15,000naira.

I wonder who their technicians are @ Calcare. They never know how to fix a phone properly.
Re: My Experience With Carlcare Service Center, Uyo by chiraqDemon(m): 6:16pm On Aug 25, 2017
joepentwo:
U d form Ajebuta, why u no bin vex mad pesin show dem
I actually understand the guy. Personally I don't like creating scenes cos I hate being the centre of attraction or drawing attention to myself. But legal action go sure for ur head with all d calmness wey I de display
Re: My Experience With Carlcare Service Center, Uyo by fratermathy(m): 6:19pm On Aug 25, 2017
chiraqDemon:

I actually understand the guy. Personally I don't like creating scenes cos I hate being the centre of attraction or drawing attention to myself. But legal action go sure for ur head with all d calmness wey I de display

That's just me. I played the fool because I didn't want to create a scene. I already knew that I'd have my pound of flesh after everything.
Re: My Experience With Carlcare Service Center, Uyo by Modsenemy(f): 6:57pm On Aug 25, 2017
fratermathy:
UPDATE:

Grace from CarlCare called. She initially said the company wants to refund me the 13k. Few minutes later, she called and said it was the N400 they want to refund. Then she proceeded to ask why I wrote this article.

The implication is that the company has gotten the message and I hope they start getting their acts right.

Like others have said, I may have been too docile with them but this is the only way I know how to fight back: through writing!

I had a very similar experience at Abuja Carlcare but two years ago.

The slim beautiful lady told me they couldn't repair my tab and asked me to swap it with another phone . But a lesser one.

I was happy thinking it would be free and asked how they would do that for me. At least as a compensation. She asked if I have the receipt of my device and I said No .

She whispered to me that she would forge me a fake receipt but I would pay her a total of 13k for the fake receipt and the swap.

I left and never returned.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Carlcare Service Center, Uyo by Lionofdjungle: 7:13pm On Aug 25, 2017
yale001:
Geoni products the best in town
There is no phone that can't develop faults as time passes by. Some have been using Techno for years without having any problem with it.
Re: My Experience With Carlcare Service Center, Uyo by Lionofdjungle: 7:25pm On Aug 25, 2017
harriet412:
And I wanted to go there tomorrow oo.. my charging port is faulty cry
If at all you will go there let it be on Monday because I went to Carl care round about, Ibadan today around 2pm and the security man told me they closed at 12 noon today for a reason and advised me to come on Monday because they don't open on the last Saturday of the month because of the environmental sanitation. My Techno L8 power button got removed and I want them to replace it. I think that's just a minor fault they can easily fix up because the phone is working; it's even the one I use to write this message.
Re: My Experience With Carlcare Service Center, Uyo by Lionofdjungle: 7:28pm On Aug 25, 2017
fratermathy:
UPDATE:

Grace from CarlCare called. She initially said the company wants to refund me the 13k. Few minutes later, she called and said it was the N400 they want to refund. Then she proceeded to ask why I wrote this article.

The implication is that the company has gotten the message and I hope they start getting their acts right.

Like others have said, I may have been too docile with them but this is the only way I know how to fight back: through writing!
Pen is mightier than sword, my brother. See the power of writing!

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Carlcare Service Center, Uyo by harriet412(f): 7:38pm On Aug 25, 2017
Lionofdjungle:
If at all you will go there let it be on Monday because I went to Carl care round about, Ibadan today around 2pm and the security man told me they closed at 12 noon today for a reason and advised me to come on Monday because they don't open on the last Saturday of the month because of the environmental sanitation. My Techno L8 power button got removed and I want them to replace it. I think that's just a minor fault they can easily fix up because the phone is working; it's even the one I use to write this message.

Oh, alright thanks.
Re: My Experience With Carlcare Service Center, Uyo by ceejay91(m): 7:46pm On Aug 25, 2017
When my infinite hot 4 pro had that same issue of touch screen nt responding, I took it to a Carlcare branch in Imo State and I was told to come the following day to collect it. In fact d lady der gave me her num to knw whn it's ready. They did it for me free of charge and apologized for any inconvenience while thanking me for coming . They also gave me a print out to come with whn next it develops a problem.

Maybe Der services differ with locations.
Re: My Experience With Carlcare Service Center, Uyo by omoskenso(m): 8:23pm On Aug 25, 2017
Op... The things I noticed is dat
1)your patience level full drum troway... 2 much 4 my liking

2)you seem to be a very rich guy... Dishing out money on different occasions 4 nothing(combine at to buy galaxy S6) and at d end they gave to gab

3)you seem too weak facially n strength wise to possess ur possession(abeg if u don't hv beards yet, apply spirit)

4)next time don't join other to say "phone na phone"... U now no y Samsung is expensive
Re: My Experience With Carlcare Service Center, Uyo by matrixme(m): 8:55pm On Aug 25, 2017
And coming at a time the company is launching their spark series, we need as many Nigerians as possible know that they are about to enter 1 chance with their supposed 12+1 months guarantee.
One better buys a fairly used OEM (original equipment manufacturer, e.g Samsung, HTC) phone or new one of lesser specs from an OEM to enjoy the rest of mind!
Re: My Experience With Carlcare Service Center, Uyo by nfour4(m): 9:38pm On Aug 25, 2017
charleff512:
That Was A Nasty Experience
c
your own still dey good, come to port Harcourt calcare u will dislike everything about there product. the port Harcourt branch are just useless as anything.
it took me 7months to get my phone. I was using infinix zero 1, I went to calcare to change my screen, I don't know what happen.
for 3week I was always told to go and come back. not knowing that my phone was missing it was after 6 month one of them told me that my phone is missing. with the grace of God I was giving a phone that stop working after 3 month and I was always at the repair shop.
Re: My Experience With Carlcare Service Center, Uyo by Nobody: 6:59am On Aug 26, 2017
What is the benefit of using calcare if you are paying higher for repairs?,i am not comfortable with leaving my phone for a technician ,you must repair it that day or give me my phone .seems calcare is a big scam, Nigerians need to be aware
Re: My Experience With Carlcare Service Center, Uyo by Hargbo(m): 7:25am On Aug 26, 2017
Carlcare need to be dealt with for this nuisances they are creating everwhere, squeezing nigerians of there hard earned money in this recession, under this bad economy. WTF
Re: My Experience With Carlcare Service Center, Uyo by Hargbo(m): 7:34am On Aug 26, 2017
frenzyduchess:
What is the benefit of using calcare if you are paying higher for repairs?,i am not comfortable with leaving my phone for a technician ,you must repair it that day or give me my phone .seems calcare is a big scam, Nigerians need to be aware
personally i will boost this story till it gets to all nigerians and see how Cantcare is tormenting my people of this great nation. The media is powerful. I will do it till nobody patronize carlcare again...if your Tecno phone is faulty, enter ghetto guyz will repair it for you.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Carlcare Service Center, Uyo by Nobody: 7:46am On Aug 26, 2017
This thread came at the right time, even their mode of operation is even shrouded with scam, why does a customer have to leave their phone with them for atleast a day for the smallest fault?, that is the part I don't get. To think they are even charging higher for repairs compared to street guys, and the repairs are not even reliable. Now I am gonna think twice before I patronise them when my phone develops fault.phone I bought for 54k someone will come and be playing rough play with me, I will switch to pidgin ,seems when you speak too much English they think you are an ajebutter.
Hargbo:
personally i will boost this story till it gets to all nigerians and see how Cantcare is tormenting my people of this great nation. The media is powerful. I will do it till nobody patronize carlcare again...if your Tecno phone is faulty, enter ghetto guyz will repair it for you.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Carlcare Service Center, Uyo by saxby(f): 8:20am On Aug 26, 2017
Na ur village witches carlcare truly cares
Re: My Experience With Carlcare Service Center, Uyo by ritababe(f): 8:31am On Aug 26, 2017
omoskenso:
Op... The things I noticed is dat
1)your patience level full drum troway... 2 much 4 my liking

2)you seem to be a very rich guy... Dishing out money on different occasions 4 nothing(combine at to buy galaxy S6) and at d end they gave to gab

3)you seem too weak facially n strength wise to possess ur possession(abeg if u don't hv beards yet, apply spirit)

4)next time don't join other to say "phone na phone"... U now no y Samsung is expensive

the OP is the type of guy I hate dating.
Re: My Experience With Carlcare Service Center, Uyo by kogbaski99: 8:56am On Aug 26, 2017
They hve always done well
Re: My Experience With Carlcare Service Center, Uyo by encryptjay(m): 2:07pm On Aug 26, 2017
So many sad tales about Carlcare agents and their cruelty keeps showing up. Tecno haven't bothered to look into the menace being caused by Carlcare agents.
They ought to treat customers right but because they feel other gullible customers will always drool about their latest products, they treat some others with distain.
OP, work on your character; I don't know if it's patience but it's going to affect you in the long run, I mean people like Grace and I will continue to ride you. I say this because I kinda have such qualities, let some steam out but know your limits.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Carlcare Service Center, Uyo by fratermathy(m): 12:48am On Aug 29, 2017
UPDATE:

Read about how Carlcare responded to my experience on this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/4018747/how-carlcare-responded-complaint-nairaland
Re: My Experience With Carlcare Service Center, Uyo by mindtricks: 11:22am On Sep 04, 2017
fratermathy:
UPDATE:

Congrats on having your own fair share of the crap. Sad, I don't think the poorly paid/motivated agents are to blame that much. What do they stand to lose if the pay is too small to be all that cautious/courteous.
The company, Carlcare majorly itself and the Nigerians at the top have the blame, seemingly unrepentant in their ways.
Re: My Experience With Carlcare Service Center, Uyo by mindtricks: 11:45am On Sep 04, 2017
fratermathy:

That was the mistake I made. I zeroed in on CarlCare without making further enquiries. Thanks for the other shops you've mentioned. At least, others who may view this thread can patronise them and whenever I am in need of repairs and I happen to be in Uyo, I will certainly keep them in mind.

But dude, you seemed jazzed that you didn't know when to make it clear your rights were being tempered with and that there jobs were being put on the line to be playing such games with you if you know what you are doing.
While Tecno's and CarlCare's notoriety and being synonymous with Crappiness remain true, an account of the story from the other side may also be needed for a balanced picture of what happened.
Re: My Experience With Carlcare Service Center, Uyo by Teeboy22(m): 7:14am On Sep 07, 2017
Wow carlcare just gave.me a.new camon cx air... but still wondering why(.is.my former phone unrepairable or wat & ive lost all my data jst.like that

Its all good.anyway
Re: My Experience With Carlcare Service Center, Uyo by Nobody: 9:59pm On Aug 08, 2018
fratermathy:
I have read some negative experiences with CarlCare online that I wonder why the company has refused to change its ways. Many of the negative experiences are with their Opebi branch in Lagos. Below is my own experience with CarlCare, Uyo Service Center, No 18 Ikot Ekpene Road, Uyo, Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria. This post is not intended to ridicule the company or discourage genuine warranty holders from using CarlCare. I am sharing this because other people need to know what to expect with CarlCare and for the company to get its acts right. The experience below happened this month (August 2017).

At first, my device (Tecno PhonePad II) touch screen stopped responding on its own just a few months after I bought it from Konga (it was still under warranty). I took it to CarlCare, Uyo Center, and I expected that it would be fixed free of charge based on my warranty. On getting there, a plump, saucy and impatient lady called Grace examined the device and said I have to pay 15k for repairs because she could see some specks of sand between the screen guard and the LCD (which wasn't cracked in any way). The sand must have been stuck there when my screen guard was fixed. I even told them to remove the screen guard so that the sand would leave but they refused.

I was filled with utter dismay. I tried to stand my ground but the lady insisted that what happened was physical damage (even though I know NOTHING damaged the device physically). So I had no other choice than to pay the 15k (I couldn't take it elsewhere in Uyo because there are no other genuine Tecno repairers around that I know of, apart from the untrusted and untested road-side technicians). I had to get the money and pay.

After paying the 15k, I was told to come back for the phone in a week. I returned to pick the phone and truly the screen seemed changed. Fast forward a few weeks after the said change, my phone suddenly stopped charging. I tried several chargers and it didn't work. The chargers all worked in different phones but not mine. I knew the problem was from CarlCare because they were the only ones that have opened the phone so far.

I took the device back to CarlCare Service Center, Uyo. This time I was welcomed by the anti-customer face of Innocent, one of their male staff. Innocent is not someone anyone should put in front of customers at all. He examined the phone after I told him it stopped charging and that I had repaired it there before. I was billed N400. I paid N1000 and they didn't have complete change so I was owed N400 (I never got the balance). Innocent asked me to return the next day for the phone.

So I returned the next day and was asked to come the day after. I did so and was asked to come by Friday (this happened on Wednesday). I returned there on Friday and was told that my phone has been sent to Port Harcourt for repairs because they couldn't do it (which I suspected as a lie to buy themselves more time). I was yet again asked to return the next week. I was not supposed to remain in Uyo beyond that week but I stayed behind because of the device. I returned on the day they stipulated and this time I met Grace, the plump female worker. She said that my device is taking too long to repair (after Innocent said the week before that it was sent to Port Harcourt) and that they want to swap it with a new device for me. My goodness! I was elated! I never knew she kept a whole lot about the said swap from me.

I brought my receipt as Grace requested and she said that she would apply for the swap. I was asked to return the next day. When I got there on the next appointed day, I was then told the truth about the swap. Grace (the CarlCare worker) said that I have to choose between L9 and L8 Lite and PAY THE DIFFERENCE IN PRICE. Firstly, both of these devices were far lower than Tecno PhonePad II both in price and functions. Secondly, my choice was limited to ONLY both devices (even though I wanted other choices). Seeing that I had no other choice, I settled for the L9 which was higher than L8 Lite.

Grace then made it more complicated by saying that I have to pay another N13,000 for the swap difference. My PhonePad II was bought at 40k last year, the price is currently 55k in Slot. L9 is sold at 36k everywhere. So I wondered why I should pay a difference of 13k? She said the money covered both the swap and the failed attempt to repair my previous phone's damaged board. I was disappointed again. It should be noted that I didn't have any other phone to access the internet with at this point and I was basically frustrated with everything.

So I had to pay another 13k to complete the said swap for a LOWER ranking device without even 4G (which my previous phone had). After payment, I was told to wait or to go and return because their server was down. I collected Grace's number so that I could call her to know the updates but she didn't pick up all through except once when she said she would check and never returned the call or picked up again. I even sent a text but had no response.

I had to return to CarlCare office again that day to know the update. Immediately Grace and Innocent (CarlCare workers) saw me, they seemed uncomfortable. I smelt something fishy. I was asked to wait yet again. Probably frustrated by my own frustration and impending anger, Grace went in and brought a Tecno L9 device in the following conditions:

1. No pack or carton
2. No accessories, including charger
3. No receipt for the new device
4. Device looked more refurbished than new
5. She declined to help me setup the phone and insisted I do it on my own (WHY?)
6. My N400 initial change wasn't returned
7. I didn't even get a printout for the transaction

I had no other choice than to accept the phone. I took it knowing that it was the only choice I had (she had said its either this or I pay for a new board amounting to over N20k). I have the new device with me now and I am not happy with its performance so far but I have no other choice, CarlCare made sure of that.

This is an experience I wouldn't want another to have. I have resolved to avoid anything that takes me to CarlCare at all costs and if something should ever take me there, I will take ice and fire along with me and give them a terribly cold hell. I advise everyone to avoid CarlCare, and in fact, if you can, Tecno products entirely (I have another Tecno 8H wasting away in my room because CarlCare couldn't repair it - barely a year after I bought it). I have seen a number of Tecno flagship devices go bad "all of a sudden" without any hope for repairs and even if they can be repaired, it'll be at exorbitant costs. Their swap deals are no better (run away from them if you can).

Read more reviews of CarlCare here: https://www.reviewnaija.com/reviews/carlcare-centre-ikeja

Please I hope this people don change o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Starlink Thread / Vivo Unveils New Tech That Can Charge 4,000 Mah Battery In About 13 Minutes. / Create Nokia Themes (.nth) On Your Phone For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.