Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,789 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

FG Begins Mass Housing Constructions In 33 States - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / FG Begins Mass Housing Constructions In 33 States (21640 Views)

6 Rooms And Indoor Bar Bungalow Hotel For Sale In "33" Onitsha / 6 Rooms And Indoor Bar Bungalow Hotel For Sale In "33" Onitsha / 6 Rooms And Indoor Bar Bungalow Hotel For Sale In "33" Onitsha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Begins Mass Housing Constructions In 33 States by Nobody: 7:24am On Aug 25, 2017
The Federal Government on Thursday announced that it had commenced the construction of mass housing projects in 33 states across the country . It also called for an upward review of up to 50 per cent as mobilisation funds for contractors, especially emerging contractors operating in the built environment , in order to enable them to deliver their projects satisfactorily.

The Minister of Power , Works and Housing , Babatunde Fashola , who disclosed this at the sixth meeting of the National Council on Lands, Housing and Urban Development, told delegates at the event that with ongoing housing projects , the government had fulfilled the commitment it made at the 2016 council meeting by 90 per cent .

Commenting on the progress report on the National Housing Programme , which was discussed at last year’ s meeting, Fashola said , “ At the time of the council meeting in August 2016, I reported that we were finalising designs to accommodate our cultural , climatic and other diversities .

“ I had explained that when the designs were completed, we would commence construction to pilot the designs and test them for affordability and acceptability . I am pleased to report that construction has started in 33 states where land has been made available. ”He added, “ This is in fulfilment of anothercommitment made at last year ’ s council by at least 90 per cent .”

Fashola also stated that stakeholders had resolved to facilitate the use of exchange of letters for the transfer of title to land when states were transferring land to the Federal Government .

He said, “ I am happy to report that there has been very inspiring compliance based on the several letters of exchange that I have received and which I have duly signed.

“ All I need say about this in terms of compliance is that if there are still states yet to comply , they should please do so very quickly . ”

The minister said he had personally visited project sites in Taraba , Gombe, Ekiti , Oyo states , adding that “ what I saw demonstrates to me very clearly how impactful the National Housing Programme has been, even at the pilot and inception stage .”

On the size of Nigeria ’ s housing deficit , Fashola said every nation was faced with similar situation , and noted that the size of the population determines the growth rate , the urbanisation rate, and the size of the deficit .

He stated that aside from artisans involved in the mass housing construction project , 653 contractors were engaged in the pilot scheme to deliver 2 , 736 units . “ A total of 54, 680 people were employed in the process, ” he added.

Source:
www.punchng.com/mass-housing-construction-begins-in-33-states/

www.naijapropertiesonline.com

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Begins Mass Housing Constructions In 33 States by NaijaEfcc: 7:26am On Aug 25, 2017
Hmmmmm "He stated that aside from artisans involved in the mass housing construction project , 653 contractors were engaged in the pilot scheme to deliver 2 , 736 units . “ A total of 54, 680 people were employed in the process, ” he added."

2736 / 33 = 82 houses per state !!! Gone are the days government do this kind of stuffs, nowadays corruption have eaten deep, stuffs like this won't go anywhere, rather the funds will be embezzled, fash should concentrate on providing infrastructures like good roads, power, housing loans with low interest rate, policies that will make building materials cheaper so that enable people to build own homes!!! In summary create an enabling environment !!!

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Begins Mass Housing Constructions In 33 States by Young03(m): 7:31am On Aug 25, 2017
The remaining 3states nko

2 Likes

Re: FG Begins Mass Housing Constructions In 33 States by Nobody: 7:42am On Aug 25, 2017
Interesting..

A brand new set of lovely duplexes are up for sale and
the beautiful combination of Luxury and Affordability is
awesome. This Estate's Ambience is very lovely!

FACILITIES :
Fitted Modern Kitchen
Good water treatment plant
3car park for each apartment
Modern Brick wall finishing
Spanish floor titles in sitting room and corridors
Italian tiles in other rooms
Quality sanitary wears
Cctv and dstv. Connection ready
Electrical fittings ready
Good paved road with drainage
Dining Area in sitting room
Exclusive compound to yourself
Children play Area
Family lounge
Street light

LOCATION: Adjacent The Circle Mall and Shoprite, Agungi, Lekki

TITLE: Governor's Consent

PRICES:
5 Bedroom + BQ Detached Duplex = #55m
4 Bedroom Semidetached Duplex = #48.5m
3 Bedroom Semidetached Duplex = #38.5m

Call/WhatsApp: 08075256644
info@naijapropertiesonline.com

www.naijapropertiesonline.com

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Begins Mass Housing Constructions In 33 States by Nobody: 7:43am On Aug 25, 2017
Ok
Re: FG Begins Mass Housing Constructions In 33 States by YelloweWest: 7:43am On Aug 25, 2017
Na the 30k own wey Osinbajo bin talk??

Abeg which side for rivers state??

Bloody liars

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Begins Mass Housing Constructions In 33 States by millionboi(m): 7:44am On Aug 25, 2017
Scam
Re: FG Begins Mass Housing Constructions In 33 States by MukhtarBj: 7:44am On Aug 25, 2017
...cool, check my signature
Re: FG Begins Mass Housing Constructions In 33 States by nairaman66(m): 7:44am On Aug 25, 2017
Re: FG Begins Mass Housing Constructions In 33 States by Narldon: 7:44am On Aug 25, 2017

FASHOLA HAS FINALLY FOUND A WAY...

TO COLLECT HIS SHARE

grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Begins Mass Housing Constructions In 33 States by Nobody: 7:44am On Aug 25, 2017
yan
Re: FG Begins Mass Housing Constructions In 33 States by MukhtarBj: 7:45am On Aug 25, 2017
NaijaEfcc:
Hmmmmm
got a deal for you. Attach my advert banner to your post and I'd do an art work for you
Re: FG Begins Mass Housing Constructions In 33 States by mostyg(m): 7:45am On Aug 25, 2017
We don't need to be spoon fed. FG should work on reducing price of cement and other building materials, we ll build ti our own tastes....

6 Likes

Re: FG Begins Mass Housing Constructions In 33 States by Diegostan(m): 7:45am On Aug 25, 2017
Houses that are going to enlarge their pockets more...
Re: FG Begins Mass Housing Constructions In 33 States by captleonerd(m): 7:45am On Aug 25, 2017
Nice one fash

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Mass Housing Constructions In 33 States by jojothaiv(m): 7:45am On Aug 25, 2017
How i wish dem fit come Kalgo in Kebbi State...

Those house wey dem built jux get rodents as occupants!

You no go see fly for there!
Re: FG Begins Mass Housing Constructions In 33 States by MMMw: 7:46am On Aug 25, 2017
Lie lie pple again grin
Re: FG Begins Mass Housing Constructions In 33 States by Teletexter: 7:46am On Aug 25, 2017
The punctuation of this piece is spot on.

3 Likes

Re: FG Begins Mass Housing Constructions In 33 States by wildcatter23(m): 7:46am On Aug 25, 2017
Bubu is working.

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Mass Housing Constructions In 33 States by nairaman66(m): 7:46am On Aug 25, 2017
Better late than never, but what are they going to power the houses to get electricity? Oh I forgot, I better ass my neighbor is always present!
Re: FG Begins Mass Housing Constructions In 33 States by MrWondah(m): 7:46am On Aug 25, 2017
Make una come take my land I no go sell am give una. Una go just dash me small money.
Re: FG Begins Mass Housing Constructions In 33 States by sulayman4u: 7:47am On Aug 25, 2017
A very good development if it's achieved

2 Likes

Re: FG Begins Mass Housing Constructions In 33 States by crackhouse(m): 7:47am On Aug 25, 2017
It's ok
Re: FG Begins Mass Housing Constructions In 33 States by Amah91(m): 7:48am On Aug 25, 2017
nice one. I just saw the in front of my gate to pay the sum of #3500 for house numbering and naming of street. But this is another means of stealing. imagine 3500 for each building in Kubwa FCT Abuja
#GodisWatching
Re: FG Begins Mass Housing Constructions In 33 States by nairaman66(m): 7:48am On Aug 25, 2017
Teletexter:
The punctuation of this piece is spot on.

He said, “ I am happy to report that there has been very inspiring compliance based on the several letters of exchange that I have received and which I have duly signed

Wrong punctuation here!

2 Likes

Re: FG Begins Mass Housing Constructions In 33 States by Amah91(m): 7:48am On Aug 25, 2017
nice one. I just saw the notice bill in front of my gate to pay the sum of #3500 for house numbering and naming of street. But this is another means of stealing. imagine 3500 for each building in Kubwa FCT Abuja
#GodisWatching
Re: FG Begins Mass Housing Constructions In 33 States by MidasTouche01(m): 7:49am On Aug 25, 2017
Waste of Money....

Project that will be abandoned midway, why did they not endeavour to complete the ones that the former administration left uncompleted...

The ones in Osun State are left rotten...

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Mass Housing Constructions In 33 States by Nobody: 7:50am On Aug 25, 2017
Who are the beneficiaries?I know fashola to have an elitist view when he was a governor of Lagos.so the common man can never benefit from this even though it is their money he used in building those houses.

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Mass Housing Constructions In 33 States by toxxnoni(m): 7:50am On Aug 25, 2017
Let me advertise what I am into

Astro Geotech Nigeria Limited
We are based in lagos, Nigeria and we provide inter-state services, Our services are
1) Water borehole drilling
2) Water treatment
3) Geo-physical investigation /survey
4) Geo-technical investigation (Soil test / core drilling)
5) Pile foundation, pile load test, pile integrity test
6) Sand search
7) Laboratory analysis
8. ) Construction and Installation of over-head tanks
9) Project management/­Supervision and General construction.
WE RENDER OUR SERVICES ANYWHERE WITHIN NIGERIA
Call or whatsapp +2348136569906
Email astrogeotech@yahoo.c­om
facebook.com/­astrogeotech/
Tweet @astrogeotech1
Re: FG Begins Mass Housing Constructions In 33 States by Lanre4uonly(m): 7:50am On Aug 25, 2017
Ok. I hope standard will not be compromised. Anyway, let's see how it will unfold.
Re: FG Begins Mass Housing Constructions In 33 States by ANBAKO: 7:51am On Aug 25, 2017
I hope technical standards will be followed and not another set of death traps. Kudos if the project sees the light of day!!!

But wait oo...Mr Fashola, How far about Ilubirin project now? Has it become another white elephant project?
Re: FG Begins Mass Housing Constructions In 33 States by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 7:51am On Aug 25, 2017
they never fulfilled the one they promised, they come they promise another one ... abeg when are we going to get our #5k since this useless government took over its lie upon lies... TUFIAKWA

(1) (2) (Reply)

Story Of How I Finally Got My Apartment !!! / Cost Of Rent In Edo State Nigeria| Cotenant.ng / Dangote Cement Introduces Blocmaster To End Building Collapse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.