Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,548 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This (14834 Views)

What Car Can My Mum Buy With 1million Naira Budget? / Save Your Salary For A Year, What Car Can You Afford ? / Tesla Model 3 Electric Car Can Now Park Itself Without A Driver Behind The Wheel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This by nurey(m): 7:35am On Aug 28, 2017
Junior66:

I and a family friend almost had an accident back in 2014 due to umbrella pressing the throttle of our car down. The break just became 95% inactive with the car even trying to gain speed. After managing to stop the car over a very long distance, the mechanic we called finally discovered the car had no fault. It was an umbrella causing all the trouble. Old model Sienna around 2002 model.

I don't believe you, pressing the brake and accelerator together will bring the car to a gradual stop and Rev the engine all this stunts I have tried the car will only continue to vibrate no movement. How does an umbrella depress the throttle pedal without you knowing?
Re: Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This by sosodevf(m): 7:35am On Aug 28, 2017
RealEstateTek:
Sg
For sergeant
Re: Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This by Nobody: 7:36am On Aug 28, 2017
nurey:

But nawa for you, this is a new week my sister stop swearing or wishing someone dead. I only answered the question with logical thinking
very educative post, you came up with normal attitude on NL . hydraulic oil can has caused an accident. Let people know what can get them killed
Re: Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This by Abiagirl777(f): 7:37am On Aug 28, 2017
nurey:

But nawa for you, this is a new week my sister stop swearing or wishing someone dead. I only answered the question with logical thinking

fuc..k your logic thinking.some stupid ppl will follow your line of reasoning and get into problems considering the fact that you are on the first page where everyone is seeing ur useless logical thoughts!
Re: Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This by VellyG(m): 7:39am On Aug 28, 2017
nurey:
Hmmmmmm which car was that?

I have driven tons of cars, sedan hatchback, full size SUVs German, Asian, American and I can tell you there is no way a water bottle will roll from the back seat (note my roll) to the front, kolewerk if you have a car go and test it.
Explore every conditions of how this incident could happen before jumping into conclusion. The driver could be the person who drank the water and left it on the floor. Abi driver na robot wey no they drink water ?
Re: Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This by Penisman: 7:47am On Aug 28, 2017
nurey:

I have driven tons of cars, sedan hatchback, full size SUVs German, Asian, American and I can tell you there is no way a water bottle will roll from the back seat (note my roll) to the front, kolewerk if you have a car go and test it.

You are simply talking nonsense. This same thing happened to me once, I actually kept the bottled water and an empty bottle of Star beer on my back seat. while descending a slope, I didnt know that all the bottles behind rolled under my pedals. My loud music didnt allow me to feel the noise untill it was time to use the brake pedal. My luck was that my car is automatic gear transmission. If it were manual that has three pedals ,hmmm, na only God know where I for dey.

1 Like

Re: Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This by jayriginal: 8:02am On Aug 28, 2017
nurey:

That looks like a bus
Re: Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This by 6UEE: 8:25am On Aug 28, 2017
nurey:

Shut up! You no get car
Re: Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This by Chidonc(m): 8:39am On Aug 28, 2017
nurey:

Funny you, it will roll straight and get hooked by the dash console chances of getting to the pedal area is 1 out of a million, before it would even squeeze through that space, the thing go try. I am talking of rolling from the back and don't try under the chairs, it won't fit. But on the drivers lap or knocked from the cup holders yes it's possible
no offense sire, I have been in that situation before. the fact that it rearly happens does not make it impossible.
Re: Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This by luluman: 9:00am On Aug 28, 2017
nurey:

What are you saying now, does that mean you have driven all cars in the world?
Re: Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This by pryingeyes(m): 9:03am On Aug 28, 2017
I am guilty of this even when I have a waste bin .
Re: Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This by Nobody: 9:16am On Aug 28, 2017
nurey:

Funny you, it will roll straight and get hooked by the dash console chances of getting to the pedal area is 1 out of a million, before it would even squeeze through that space, the thing go try. I am talking of rolling from the back and don't try under the chairs, it won't fit. But on the drivers lap or knocked from the cup holders yes it's possible

Chairman stop arguing and take notes of little things..
What if d driver dropped it under d seat by himself.. i av done that often times. its soo dangerous.
Some people sabi do too know for everytin

@Op, thanks for d info.
Re: Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This by nurey(m): 9:16am On Aug 28, 2017
VellyG:

Explore every conditions of how this incident could happen before jumping into conclusion. The driver could be the person who drank the water and left it on the floor. Abi driver na robot wey no they drink water ?

yes it could not rolling from the back seat. Talk with the scenario not something else
Re: Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This by nurey(m): 9:18am On Aug 28, 2017
Onyochejohn:
very educative post, you came up with normal attitude on NL . hydraulic oil can has caused an accident. Let people know what can get them killed

yes a trapped bottle can get one killed but rolling from the back, now go back to your car and checkl the pedal floor, it is designed for not allowing anything rolling to get stucked there, go and check first and stop falling for final destination shit
Re: Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This by nurey(m): 9:19am On Aug 28, 2017
JPENG:

Chairman stop arguing and take notes of little things..
What is d driver dropped it under d seat by himself.. i av done that often times. its soo dangerous.
Some people sabi do too know for everytin

@Op, thanks for d info.

Talk with the scenario and stop telling me he dropped it on his seat.
Re: Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This by nurey(m): 9:20am On Aug 28, 2017
luluman:
What are you saying now, does that mean you have driven all cars in the world?

No sir, but i have studied car pedal and tried alot of things, if it were really that easy, do you know how much you can make by suing car manufacturers for design flaw
Re: Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This by piagetskinner(m): 10:00am On Aug 28, 2017
whether possible or not...just don't leave empty bottles littered in ur car...esp the drivers cockpit
Re: Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This by Junior66(m): 10:05am On Aug 28, 2017
nurey:

I don't believe you, pressing the brake and accelerator together will bring the car to a gradual stop and Rev the engine all this stunts I have tried the car will only continue to vibrate no movement. How does an umbrella depress the throttle pedal without you knowing?
bros you de sleep. I said I almost died due to this incident and you are still there arguing? Press your throttle full down at about 140/150 km/pH and try using your breaks den come back and tell me what happened? I'm talking about real life experience on an express way, Jalingo to Makurdi. It was so terrible the driver panicked and was asking me whether he should engage the gear to park (p) while shaking all over. I told him we won't survive if he does. So we just continued for a long distance till the car finally slowed and we stopped it.
Re: Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This by mikejj(m): 10:06am On Aug 28, 2017
sosodevf:

You might save a life my friend by not dropping thrash on someone else's vehicle or better still.

I know say your type no go fit ever buy moto judging your comment
mr sir the last time i checked na aeroplane dey my mind not cars judging by your last comment.
Re: Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This by Richhard(m): 10:34am On Aug 28, 2017
nurey:

Those of you mentioning me and abusing me, i thank you but go back to your car and check, the driver wall was designed to not be bothered by a hanging bottle, its either the bottle has no effect or you push it up while depressing the brake pedal. Go and your findings well you all have cars nah haba, too much American movie makes my people lack reasoning.

pix1 is my brake pedal depressed to the end with bottle as far as it can go, if i push it up, it will roll down back
pix2 is as far as the bottle will stay, it does not disturb any pedal
pix3 accord 06 the bottle doesnt disturb the pedal at all also, that area for all cars is designed to either roll the bottle back or push the bottle up.

now remember when braking you lift your leg from side to side, so your chances of pushing the bottle from back to block the pedal is extremely slim.

is the scenario possible, yes but the probability is 1 in a million.

oga mi you get too much sense

Re: Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This by Nobody: 10:42am On Aug 28, 2017
nurey:

According to the topic, it was never dropped, it simply rolled from the back

I understand u now. The thing is u said it was not possible to roll from the back which is not true. On Grand caravan sport it will easily roll from the back to the driver's side. But then is it possible for it to roll under the brake pedal? That one is very very unlikely because the brake pedal compartment is always designed in a way that nothing can roll under it (unless someone uses force to force it there), it will stop before getting under the brake pedal.
Re: Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This by nurey(m): 11:04am On Aug 28, 2017
Junior66:

bros you de sleep. I said I almost died due to this incident and you are still there arguing? Press your throttle full down at about 140/150 km/pH and try using your breaks den come back and tell me what happened? I'm talking about real life experience on an express way, Jalingo to Makurdi. It was so terrible the driver panicked and was asking me whether he should engage the gear to park (p) while shaking all over. I told him we won't survive if he does. So we just continued for a long distance till the car finally slowed and we stopped it.

Well baba, i wont be a doubting Thomas, but this your scenario is something else. I am happy you are still alive
Re: Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This by leobrownish(m): 11:07am On Aug 28, 2017
nurey:

Those of you mentioning me and abusing me, i thank you but go back to your car and check, the driver wall was designed to not be bothered by a hanging bottle, its either the bottle has no effect or you push it up while depressing the brake pedal. Go and your findings well you all have cars nah haba, too much American movie makes my people lack reasoning.

pix1 is my brake pedal depressed to the end with bottle as far as it can go, if i push it up, it will roll down back
pix3 accord 06 the bottle doesnt disturb the pedal at all also, that area for all cars is designed to either roll the bottle back or push the bottle up.

now remember when braking you lift your leg from side to side, so your chances of pushing the bottle from back to block the pedal is extremely slim.

does it really have to do with the type of car you drive. what they are simply trying to tell you is don't litter your car. anything can happen, prevention is better than cure.
Re: Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This by leobrownish(m): 11:09am On Aug 28, 2017
nurey:

does it really have to do with the type of car you drive. what they are simply trying to tell you is don't litter your car. anything can happen, prevention is better than cure.
Re: Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This by nurey(m): 11:09am On Aug 28, 2017
greenhulk:

I understand u now. The thing is u said it was not possible to roll from the back which is not true. On Grand caravan sport it will easily roll from the back to the driver's side. But then is it possible for it to roll under the brake pedal? That one is very very unlikely because the brake pedal compartment is always designed in a way that nothing can roll under it (unless someone uses force to force it there), it will stop before getting under the brake pedal.

Yes even for my sienna, it is possible though it will be easier in the caravan than a sienna considering the space and so many chair obstacles that will disturb the bottle in a sienna. I am talking of the whole scenario as it is only for certain car designs. We are both on same page now
Re: Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This by nurey(m): 11:12am On Aug 28, 2017
leobrownish:

You are right about people not littering their car, i never said people should not be careful while driving, but the scenario of the op looks like something culled out from a movie scene tongue ciao
Re: Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This by elijah101(m): 11:26am On Aug 28, 2017
The Nurey guy is right... with older models .. its possible .. but with newer models .. 1 in a million chances ... This is old news .. No need to argue

2002 models .. you count the years na ... na 2017 we dey for God sake ..
Re: Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This by 2kurupt(m): 11:40am On Aug 28, 2017
elijah101:
The Nurey guy is right... with older models .. its possible .. but with newer models .. 1 in a million chances ... This is old news .. No need to argue

2002 models .. you count the years na ... na 2017 we dey for God sake ..

How does this safety tip become old news when a majority of vehicles on Nigerian roads are old models? Ok let's say your car is 2018 model, what's the chance that other cars plying the same road are newer models too?

These tips are for road users in general be it pedestrians, drivers & passengers. I don't see the relevance of unnecessary arguments & I-too-know reasoning.
Re: Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This by Davidoff2000: 5:30pm On Aug 28, 2017
nurey:

Sharap dia..mine rolls al the time, and my water bottle did, just yesterday night, and I was saying I have to be careful, i dont get into an accident because of the water bottle or other bottles I always leave on the floor of the car. you people who talk like you know everything. anybody who drives a mini van or space bus will tell you this.

yeye dey smell
Re: Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This by billyG(m): 8:47pm On Aug 28, 2017
i sometime hide bottle near d driver's seat to prvnt direct sunlight.

(1) (2) (Reply)

03-06 MDX E-service Manual. If You Need One / Ford Develops Smart Car Window That Lets The Blind Feel The Outside World / FRSC Can Impound Any Vehicle Anywhere - Abuja High Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.